Author Topic: Magicians Can't Play For Tips?  (Read 6003 times)

Offline DarkPower

• Nooboo
Magicians Can't Play For Tips?
« on: March 11, 2012, 01:25:22 PM »
I've posted this to both the Sims3 forums and to Mod the Sims, and so far nobody's really had any ideas. So I'm posting this here, on the off-chance that someone has an idea.

I can't get my magician to play for tips. She did it once, and I can't figure out how to repeat it. Whenever I click on Play For Tips, she puts the tip jar out, but moments later, she puts it away again. She does nothing when I tell her to do the individual tricks. One person on MtS suggested that I manually put her in her work clothes, because that worked with that person's singer, but that doesn't work for me. It was also suggested that it might be a problem with uneven ground, but that isn't it, either.

I'm about to start the laborious process of removing all my CC and seeing what happens, but I saw another person say that they had no CC and it was still a problem.

Does anyone here have any thoughts about it?

ETA: I have another character who's a singer and she can sing for tips just fine.

Offline DarkPower

• Nooboo
Re: Magicians Can't Play For Tips?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 03:10:36 PM »
The two mods that appear to be causing the problem are mods that all for skills (human and pet) to be learned faster. I can't tell which ones they are, or who made them, though, but they're called 1.26allfaster and 1.26petsfaster50%skills. So as you can tell, they're old, and I don't think they've been updated recently.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

Magicians Can't Play For Tips?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 03:26:15 PM »
There is a board that discuss mods. You will get more help there. Welcome to the forum!www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/board,47.0.html

Offline CorneliaByrne

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 05:51:04 AM »
I've posted this to both the Sims3 forums and to Mod the Sims, and so far nobody's really had any ideas. So I'm posting this here, on the off-chance that someone has an idea.

I can't get my magician to play for tips. She did it once, and I can't figure out how to repeat it. Whenever I click on Play For Tips, she puts the tip jar out, but moments later, she puts it away again. She does nothing when I tell her to do the individual tricks. One person on MtS suggested that I manually put her in her work clothes, because that worked with that person's singer, but that doesn't work for me. It was also suggested that it might be a problem with uneven ground, but that isn't it, either.

I'm about to start the laborious process of removing all my CC and seeing what happens, but I saw another person say that they had no CC and it was still a problem.

ETA: I have another character who's a singer and she can sing for tips just fine.

I have exactly the same problem plus they can't do gigs anymore either. If they just start as magicians then they can until they level up to level 5 or smth after that. Been looking for solution everywhere but so many ppl don't have that problem :(

Offline CorneliaByrne

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 05:52:37 AM »

And I also forgot to add I don't have any CC and it's a MAJOR PROBLEM in my game :(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 07:43:29 AM »
I had a problem where my magician couldn't do gigs.  In fact, he couldn't even set up the stage.  I fixed it by exiting and restarting the game.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 01:55:11 PM »
Could be the same issue as with my Singer, where I have to manually change into her career outfit before singing for tips or performing, otherwise the action just cancels with no message.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tuesday

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 10:42:57 PM »
Also, for all careers, performing for tips will eventually lead to fatigue; if you already have the fatigued moodlet (from performing or exercising) you cannot perform for tips but can still do your scheduled gigs.

anything