Author Topic: Magicians at park  (Read 1926 times)

Leto85

Magicians at park
« on: March 12, 2012, 01:16:29 PM »
I'm wondering, if those magicians who since the beginning of the sims 3 sometimes show up at the park are now real magicians, like they keep the job when you marry them or add them to your household. Anyone know?

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
Re: Magicians at park
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 07:34:39 AM »
Ohhh, I'm afraid I don't know... But I would really like to know, so I'll keep an eye out for those magicians. I never had a lot of luck with the rare NPCs - I've only seen a (base game) magician once, and a Science Geek never. Which is sad, because I love geeks.

My guess is that no, they would not keep their jobs, because they never had jobs in the first place - like, if you marry a NPC firefighter, they don't automatically have a job when they move in. The coding wasn't there in the base game, and updating it would produce a pretty minor effect, and take quite a lot of hassle in development. That is my guess, anyway.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

Re: Magicians at park
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 07:53:12 AM »
Ohhh, I'm afraid I don't know... But I would really like to know, so I'll keep an eye out for those magicians. I never had a lot of luck with the rare NPCs - I've only seen a (base game) magician once, and a Science Geek never. Which is sad, because I love geeks.

My guess is that no, they would not keep their jobs, because they never had jobs in the first place - like, if you marry a NPC firefighter, they don't automatically have a job when they move in. The coding wasn't there in the base game, and updating it would produce a pretty minor effect, and take quite a lot of hassle in development. That is my guess, anyway.

I know, but since Ambitions came Firefighters will keep their career as far as I know, due to the introduction of their career being playable ingame. Now Magician is an actual career ingame it could be the same thing.