Author Topic: Can't free the Genie  (Read 20302 times)

Leto85

Can't free the Genie
« on: March 13, 2012, 06:55:19 PM »
Whenever my sim's final wish is to set the genie free, that option vanish before the genie could make it true. Is there something that is needed in order to force this wish, like having a certain relationship with the genie? Mine was Good Friends I believe.

Offline mistysun978

• Nooboo
Re: Can't free the Genie
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 07:46:47 PM »
I didn't have a problem, but the genie and my sim was best friends at that point. The option was available to click on just like any other wish. Once I clicked on the free the genie wish I had several pop-ups come up that had to be completed to "weaken" the magic binding the genie to the lamp. You end up needing to freeze the lamp, then bake it in the oven, and then finally taking it on a trip through the catacombs. Once you do those three things you will again summon the genie from the lamp and it will then join your family as a playable sim.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Designer_Deeva

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 06:25:30 PM »
I had this same problem. To fix it make sure your Special Opportunity is open (last bottom slot in your Opportunities tab). At the time I had celebrity body to work out for 4 hrs in that slot when I first tried.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 07:57:39 PM »
I had this same problem. To fix it make sure your Special Opportunity is open (last bottom slot in your Opportunities tab). At the time I had celebrity body to work out for 4 hrs in that slot when I first tried.

Thanks for that. I was having the same problem. I usually keep something in that slot to stop the agent phone calls.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 08:14:18 PM »
I had the same problem too, until I found the same thing out.  Get rid of whatever is in that slot and then you can free the genie. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pixelen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 08:13:33 PM »
Sorry to hijack an old thread but surely you can free the genie without the opportunity having to be available?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 03:46:06 PM »
Surely you cannot. It's a series of 3 opportunities (freeze the lamp, then heat the lamp, then haul it into the catacombs), and so needs the Special Opportunity slot available for it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 04:11:38 PM »
Surely you cannot. It's a series of 3 opportunities (freeze the lamp, then heat the lamp, then haul it into the catacombs), and so needs the Special Opportunity slot available for it.

Last option is called "take lamp underground" at the Mausoleum, at the graveyard :) Just throwing it out there for those who wouldnt know  ;D

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 08:21:05 PM »
Yep, although after the frustration I had in my 4x4 with that not working at all, I'm more inclined to leave it underground! :P