Author Topic: Learning acrobat, singing and performing at once?  (Read 4638 times)

Leto85

Learning acrobat, singing and performing at once?
« on: March 14, 2012, 03:57:38 AM »
Is it possible, when you quit one job at level 10 that your sim still has the hidden singing, acrobat or performing skill? I like to have my sim learn every three of them but am unsure if this is possible.

Offline Branr

• Occult
Re: Learning acrobat, singing and performing at once?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 04:31:43 AM »
Just checked: had my level 10 Magician quit his career, and he lost all ability to perform anything magical, and both illusion boxes disappeared from his inventory.  He did retain the magical career skill of 10 though.

I immediately quit without saving :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 04:53:43 AM »
Just checked: had my level 10 Magician quit his career, and he lost all ability to perform anything magical, and both illusion boxes disappeared from his inventory.  He did retain the magical career skill of 10 though.

I immediately quit without saving :D

Hm, oke. That's a bit disapointing, although I was expecting it. Good thing to quit without saving on your part. :)
How could you see the level 10 skill? It won't apear in my sim's skill book.

I will try out what happens if he quit his career and than start it all over. Perhaps he starts at level 10, but I don't think so.

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 08:26:25 AM »
Master Controller

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 11:38:20 AM »
I played with Steve Cupp, the pre-made sim in Starlight Shores who's level 10 magician. I had him quit his career and re-apply. After that he was level 5.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 12:33:52 PM »
I don't think the hidden sing/magician/acrobat skills conform directly to their respective career levels.  I say this because I've levelled both a singer and acrobat to a level 10 career, and whilst the singer could always pass her auditions to sing at the "Ultimate Venue", even as low as level 8, my level 10 acrobat still fails her auditions, because I think, she got most of her career levels from just leveling her athletic skill, and so I'm guessing (no way to check outside of mods) that her underlying acrobatic skill is still actually quite low.

If Master Controller an show the hidden skills as per Branr's post, then I'll take a peek with that and see if I can confirm this, or at least give a bit more weight to this theory.

Offline StamperCat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 05:51:24 PM »
I had my pre-made sim marry a Showtime in-game level 5 singer thinking he would have some skills and other perks from being a level 5, but .... :-[  nope, he had no skills and nothing special. But he was rich  ... ;) and my poor sim got to move into his house. Another funny thing was that by the time the wedding day came around he had turned into an elder....lol. So now my young adult sim is just waiting for him to die and will remarry and enjoy the fruits of husband #1s labor. (I know I'm evil!!)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 05:43:39 AM »
Well, I used MasterController to check on the skills and it seems that the skills learned (even the hidden once) will remain after quiting one of the three jobs and starting a new one. But like tara already said: you start at level 5. But the way up to 10 once again is faster I assume, as you start straight away with a bunch of experience right from the start.