Author Topic: Singer stuck on gig (glitch?)  (Read 9818 times)

lbaird2

Singer stuck on gig (glitch?)
« on: March 15, 2012, 01:15:40 AM »
I read about something similar to this in another thread, but not exactly the same, as their Sim was able to still perform other gigs. My Sim was singing in a big venue, and typically after the allotted 3 hours the show will automatically end. Well, that never happened... she just kept singing for hours and hours. I tried to X out of her 'Perform' action, but it wouldn't let me. It also wouldn't let me click on anything, inside or outside the venue (and just with that Sim - other Sims were able to function normally). Finally I just reset her, but the gig is still on the schedule as not completed - and it won't let her do any other gigs on her schedule. The original one still shows up on the map as the one she has to go to, but when I had her go 'set up the stage,' it set it up for a split second and then the action disappeared. Not sure if this is a glitch or not, or how to go about fixing it. Anyone else experience this and know a fix?

Offline Corylea

• Townie
Re: Singer stuck on gig (glitch?)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 01:18:18 AM »
I experienced this, and the only thing that worked for me was to restore from a saved game from before the gig started.

The Showtime EP seems really buggy to me, and I'm saving -- under a different name for each save -- every sim day or two.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

lbaird2

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 01:26:19 AM »
Well, that stinks... I stupidly saved my game during the glitchy show because I thought restarting the game would fix it, since it fixed another little bug earlier tonight. I guess I could always just quit her singing job and restart it, though that would be a pain since she's a level 9.

Anyone know any other way that could fix it without the Sim quitting her job? Is there a way to delete gigs?

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 03:39:33 AM »
Very similar to what happened to me.  The only way I found to clear the gig schedule besidesgoing back to an old save, was to go into edit town, copy the household to the clipboard. Delete the old household and copy it back from the clipboard.  Unfortunately you lose all friendships with the rest of the town.

Before you try the above I would just check with the gig proprietor.  For regular gigs at least ea have an option to cancel the gig appointment.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 03:43:20 AM »
One other thing - when you save over a previous save, it renames the original to .backup in the saved games directory, so if you can find the directory on your PC, just rename the folder from .backup and you will then be able to use that save again in game.

If you've saved over it twice though, then you'll be out of luck.

anything