Author Topic: A Neat little Tip about Gardening and the New Careers  (Read 4982 times)

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
A Neat little Tip about Gardening and the New Careers
« on: March 18, 2012, 11:26:42 PM »
NOTICE: I will be updating this as I experiment/find stuff out.

If you throw a perfect fruit/veggie [or cheese/egg, not sure about steak], at the stage, there is a chance it will land in the performer's inventory.

Where am I going with this?

If you have a Sim in the household with the Perfect Garden wish, planting that perfect whatever DOES count to their Lifetime Wish. I managed to fulfill the LTW of one of my grandma Sims this way.

Edit: I forgot to add, so far as I know it doesn't work in the large venues, just the smaller ones like Performance Park.

As for the process: Put one sim who is a performer [Acrobat, Magician OR Singer  doesn't matter which] one Gardener in the house. Both have to be under your control. Have the Performer work up the ladder a little bit [I always wait until level 3 or so], then go get a gig at one of the smaller venues. Have your Performer sim perform, and your gardener sim watch. While the Sim is performing, your Gardener sim will have the option of throwing items at the stage. Access this menu by right clicking on the stage while your Performer sim is doing their show. This includes stuff like roses, footballs, baseballs and food.

The food ranges in quality from Horrifying to Perfect.

The vegetables that you can throw are:
Lettuce
Onion
Garlic
Bellpepper
Potato

The fruits that you can throw are:
Apple
Grapes
Lime
Watermelon
Tomato

The other items you can throw that are plantable are:
Cheese
Steak [I need to double check this]
Egg
Burger [I need to double check this too]

Please note: There is a minor cost for throwing these items, ranging in 2-40 simoleons.

After the show, place the food items from your Sim's inventory on the ground of your lot. And have your Gardener sim plant them. Voila! A Perfect Garden in a fraction  of the time!

Now as for the chances of your performing sim receiving the item, I would say 60/40. I don't know how to find out. I don't  have World Adventures, and I did notice a number of plantable items that came from that expansion pack. If you have that expansion pack, use the method I described to find out if  you can throw those other items at the stage, and please let me know. Also if you're interested with experimenting with Simport, let me know too. I need to find out if a plantable item thrown at the performer is taken home with them.

Edit: Apparently the plantable items do NOT  go back home with you.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: A Neat little Tip about Gardening and the New Careers
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 03:41:23 PM »
Yes, of course it does, and Pam and I have both said as much already in the first thread you've started about this exact subject.  And yes, it will work with the steak, too.

However, I won't merge this thread with your other thread if you can describe the process for using the performance careers to complete this LTW, with at least some indication as to how reliable the process actually is.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 05:52:12 PM »
All right, I'm doing a bit more research right now and I'm going to fatten up that post with it.

Leto85

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 07:09:41 PM »
With stages, do you also include stages in other people games with that? That would be a great way to share items.
Though as you where saying there is a change they get it in their inventory it might be wise not immediately throwing your complete food supplies of perfect quality Lifefruit on stage?

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 08:45:17 PM »
I have not Sim-ported yet, and sometime tonight or tomorrow, I'll put up a list of fruits/veggies and ingredients [some of which can be planted] that can be thrown.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 10:08:27 PM »
Callycat was testing this out. Apparently fruits and vegetables don't travel when you Simport.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 10:21:37 PM »
Well that sucks. Thank you for letting me know!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 12:44:04 AM »
I would say 60/40. I don't know how to find out.

I wasn't exactly expecting precise numbers and mathematical equations.  This was exactly what I was asking for.  ;) 

But if you wanted to do some tests to actually get some sort of statistical data, a good way to do it would be to do this a number of times that would be easily divisible by 10.  For example:  if you put on 10 shows and threw stuff 3 times each show and came back with 15 plantable items, you'd have a 50% success rate (15 items/30 possible items=.5 or 50%).

Is the quality of items random, or is there a way to select what is thrown?

Xothin

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 12:49:50 AM »
Is the quality of items random, or is there a way to select what is thrown?

When you choose to throw the item, you get a radial that lets you choose the quality (I believe all available qualities are there, just a different cost between them). I'd have to do some testing myself, but I'm pretty sure that whatever quality item you threw at them would be the quality that landed in their inventory.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 04:32:30 AM »
I'd have to do some testing myself, but I'm pretty sure that whatever quality item you threw at them would be the quality that landed in their inventory.

I would expect as much, to be honest.  I had simply never thrown vegetables at a performer, so I didn't know one way or the other.

This is sounding like a nice little shortcut!  :D

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 06:43:02 AM »
You forgot about Bananas!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 08:41:22 AM »
When you choose to throw the item, you get a radial that lets you choose the quality (I believe all available qualities are there, just a different cost between them). I'd have to do some testing myself, but I'm pretty sure that whatever quality item you threw at them would be the quality that landed in their inventory.

Yes, all the items that can have different quality levels seem to land exactly the same as thrown. There's a weird thing with marshmallow on the ingredients option that you can choose to throw perfect (or any other level) but it is normal marshmallow that is received. I assume since it doesn't seem to be plantable that it only exists as normal, so I expect the same would be true of other non-plantable ingredients. Steak, cheese and eggs I think all work like plantables whether your Sim has the ability to plant them or not.

Cal
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 08:48:25 AM »
I have World Adventures and none of the plantables from that expansion appear on the menu to be thrown.

Cal

Offline cassims

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 11:04:21 PM »
Edit: Apparently the plantable items do NOT  go back home with you.

To get the items back home just put them in someone other than your performers inventory (I used my dog) or just put them on the ground at your house before the show finishes. This has worked heaps of times for me.
It always seems impossible until its done.
-Nelson Mandela

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 05:56:13 AM »
To get the items back home just put them in someone other than your performers inventory (I used my dog) or just put them on the ground at your house before the show finishes. This has worked heaps of times for me.

This part of the post was about plantable items not being transferable when you use Simport. I don't think this is what you're talking about, though I'm willing to be proved wrong :)

Cal