Author Topic: Lounge Lizard Magic Gnome  (Read 13405 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Lounge Lizard Magic Gnome
« on: March 19, 2012, 01:32:32 AM »
OK, I don't know if this is a new feature for gnomes or if I have just never noticed. My Sim has a positive moodlet from the Lounge Lizard Magic Gnome!
My singer Sim is taking a break from singing and is currently doing the fishing gardening thing. They have a pond on the lot and while fishing, she got the gnome. Now I just noticed she has a +20 moodlet called Melodic Masterpiece. It has 11 hours to go and it was a little while ago that she got it, so I'm guessing it was originally about 24 hours. The strange thing is that her brother in law who is a magician also has the moodlet, but her sister, an acrobat, doesn't, even though she has been on the home lot all that time too!
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

loveSims

Re: Lounge Lizard Magic Gnome
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 03:12:00 AM »
I have two of them. I haven't take notice of them lol. But when I play a little later I will have a look. I have a singer and acrobat.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 03:26:00 AM »
I actually went back into the game and found that I now have two, not sure when I got the second one, because my singer was off looking for seeds. Also found that if you put it into the Sims inventory and then take it out, their moodlet resets to 24 hours and it does work with all three of them.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 03:36:41 AM »
I've seen this a few times with my singer.  Every few days she'll wake up with the moodlet.  Also I've been getting magic gnomes appearing in my families inventory - I don't remember that ever happening before.  Normally they just appear on the home lot.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 04:12:00 AM »
My magician produces at least one a day when he practices appearing objects and these usually pop into his personal inventory, but I've also noticed some popping up in the family inventory too.
I'm also wondering if there was supposed to be a moodlet associated with the magician gnome too. When I put the Lounge Lizard one in someone's inventory then take it out, there is a ta-da type of music and they get the moodlet and when I do the same with the magician gnome, there is a different sound, but it still sounds like a ta-da but there is no moodlet.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 02:57:26 PM »
You get the moodlet when the gnome first appears, so when you place it again the moodlet probably resets.  This was likely not intended.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 03:09:47 PM »
My performer house has several Lounge Lizards and a magician type gnome.

Every once in a while, music plays and the family gets the moodlet. I don't pick the gnomes up or move them around.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 07:17:41 PM »
Wait, so that is where the music came from: gnomial behavior? And I was wondering this for such a long time.
I haven't seen the lizard gnome yet on my lot but my sims do have the moodlet, somehow, and they got m all so I assume I must have a lizard hidden away under a rock or something. I don't know.
It's a big lot. Everything is possible.
So what exactly does it mean when the music plays?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 10:04:22 PM »
Leto, the lounge lizard is a singer, someone who sings in hotel bars, etc.

I had one family get the magician gnome, simply because they hosted a magician. None of them were performers. I didn't notice whether they got a moodlet.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Leto85

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 06:39:25 AM »
Leto, the lounge lizard is a singer, someone who sings in hotel bars, etc.

I had one family get the magician gnome, simply because they hosted a magician. None of them were performers. I didn't notice whether they got a moodlet.

Ah, so it must be a sim with the singer career in your household. Thanks for explaining.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 02:27:48 PM »
I was amused that even the baby gets the moodlet.  She can't do anything but lie in her crib yet, but she's much more confident about her singing ability when she has the moodlet.  I don't know if that's an oversight or more of the Sims wacky humor. ;)

Leto85

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 04:48:20 PM »
I was amused that even the baby gets the moodlet.  She can't do anything but lie in her crib yet, but she's much more confident about her singing ability when she has the moodlet.  I don't know if that's an oversight or more of the Sims wacky humor. ;)

I don't know, but that extra moodlet you can take in your advantage as a happy baby makes lifetime happiness points in his or her life early on, which is only a better thing.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 02:38:08 AM »

He's kinda cute, in that "don't invite him over to your place, ladies" sort of way.  I'm gonna name him Larry.

The term "lounge lizard" is applied to creepy men who earn their living singing in sleazy bars.  Kind of like Wayne Newton with less class and more belly.  :P
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

anything