Author Topic: is there a mod for controlling presence of pets in a town?  (Read 3447 times)

Offline Hope512

• Llama Wrangler
is there a mod for controlling presence of pets in a town?
« on: March 19, 2012, 04:46:19 PM »
I'm about to install the pets EP, but I'm not sure I want pets in every game and town. Someone told me there is a mod to control this?

I'm new to the PC game (been playing on xbox where the games are self-contained) and don't know where to find it.

thanks

(BTW how do I back up save game files and the game itself? I want to back them up to an external hard drive)

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
Re: is there a mod for controlling presence of pets in a town?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 01:02:49 PM »
You can use NRaas StoryProgression to control whether families adopt pets and how many they will adopt. You can also use NRaas Register to control service pets, such as deer, raccoon and wild horses.  NRaas Register has features for all service roles, and I do recommend using it, but if you only want to remove service animals you can use an XML tuning mod instead.  Twoftmama has some No Wildlife Mods which can eliminate the service animals. You have to register at the site to view the thread.

You can back up your save games, mods, CC, lots, items installed through the launcher, etc., by making a copy of Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

To back up your installation, take a look at this: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/6528996.page;jsessionid=4891F13820D8BA48A6C4692DE7E6EC59#15817479

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hope512

• Llama Wrangler
Re: is there a mod for controlling presence of pets in a town?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 04:49:32 PM »
Thank you NonaMena, very helpful. BTW your picture is very cute  :)