Author Topic: Pregnancy and Gigs  (Read 9497 times)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
Pregnancy and Gigs
« on: March 20, 2012, 03:59:26 AM »
Are they cancelled if a female sim gets pregnant?
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Haneul

Re: Pregnancy and Gigs
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 04:06:48 AM »
In my experience, they are.

I've actually been having problems with this. My sim had 3 stable gigs before becoming pregnant. A popup appeared saying that she was going to be given 4 days of maternity leave. 4 days turned into 2 weeks. The gigs are still listed on her schedule, but that's it. She's not able to perform them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 04:11:04 AM »

I've actually been having problems with this. My sim had 3 stable gigs before becoming pregnant. A popup appeared saying that she was going to be given 4 days of maternity leave. 4 days turned into 2 weeks. The gigs are still listed on her schedule, but that's it. She's not able to perform them.
Not even on the days there on?
We are of peace, always.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 04:12:01 AM »
Even before Showtime, I always had my female sim top her career before getting pregnant; because the female sims are the ones who have their careers suffer from pregnancy. My first time with a singer and I will not let her have a child until she becomes a Vocal Legend.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 04:17:48 AM »
Even before Showtime, I always had my female sim top her career before getting pregnant; because the female sims are the ones who have their careers suffer from pregnancy. My first time with a singer and I will not let her have a child until she becomes a Vocal Legend.
She's a singer and at Vocal Legend status.
Edit: My Sim is lol.
We are of peace, always.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 04:21:42 AM »
I don't like the sound of that, because my plan was for pregnancy after she hits Vocal Legend. I think I'll have to buy a Time Machine and get an older child.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 04:30:02 AM »
Are they cancelled if a female sim gets pregnant?

I had heard this, so for my current singer (or future singer, I guess) I've decided to get the whole motherhood thing out of the way first.  She's getting her two kids born before she even accepts her job.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Haneul

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 07:07:55 AM »
Not even on the days there on?

Yes. I was able to audition for new gigs and she can perform those without any problems, but the ones she got before being pregnant she can't perform and she can't get any new gigs on those days.   She was a Vocal Legend before getting pregnant, so none of this is interfering with her career advancement. But another thing to note is that I haven't received a single request for a Sing-a-gram since the pregnancy.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 07:28:40 AM »
My sim is going on her 2nd child and when her 4 days are over, she is back at work. Sing-a-grams and all. Right now she doesn't have any steady gigs, but thats fine. After the second baby, she will jump start her career into overdrive.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 02:24:51 PM »
the ones she got before being pregnant she can't perform and she can't get any new gigs on those days.   
Can you cancel the gigs on those days?  That wouldn't get you your old standing gigs back, but at least it would free up those days for new gigs.

Haneul

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 03:03:10 PM »
Can you cancel the gigs on those days?  That wouldn't get you your old standing gigs back, but at least it would free up those days for new gigs.

Unfortunately, I can't cancel them.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 07:20:39 PM »
Unfortunately, I can't cancel them.

Two things you can try:

1)  Go directly to the proprietor.
2)  Wait until the gig comes up, don't go to it, then call the next day to cancel it.

One of these two should work.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 09:10:33 AM »
Yes. I was able to audition for new gigs and she can perform those without any problems, but the ones she got before being pregnant she can't perform and she can't get any new gigs on those days.   She was a Vocal Legend before getting pregnant, so none of this is interfering with her career advancement. But another thing to note is that I haven't received a single request for a Sing-a-gram since the pregnancy.
You only receive sing-a-gram's if you have no scheduled gigs.

Haneul

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 12:56:12 PM »
Two things you can try:

1)  Go directly to the proprietor.
2)  Wait until the gig comes up, don't go to it, then call the next day to cancel it.

One of these two should work.

I hadn't tried calling to cancel until you suggested it. Thanks.

Still, what happens is that the phone call goes through, but the gigs don't get cancelled. I think my Sim is just messed up. She doesn't get sing-a-grams on any days (regardless of whether there's a gig scheduled or not) and hasn't for at least a couple Sim weeks now. I thought that I managed to get her another steady gig, but she actually only has the 3 that are stuck. I don't know if I accidentally cancelled the new one when I called and tried to cancel the ones that were stuck or if the new one that I thought was steady wasn't.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 02:57:33 PM »
You only receive sing-a-gram's if you have no scheduled gigs.
Really, I have gotten Sing-A-Grams while having a gig.
We are of peace, always.