Author Topic: How to get rid of Rags?  (Read 12898 times)

annabea

How to get rid of Rags?
« on: March 27, 2012, 08:51:17 PM »
Is there a way to get rid of the rag doll? I've tried testingcheats but it won't let me delete the doll. I'm really annoyed by it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: How to get rid of Rags?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 08:59:17 PM »
I tend to put it in a chest or leave it on a community lot where it can't be picked up again.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:21:02 PM »
You should be able to delete it using moveobjects on. Just be sure to turn it off once you're done.

p.s. What is the ragdoll? I've never seen or heard of it.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 09:22:25 PM »
I think they mean the Imaginary Friend doll.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline YolandaBlu

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 09:26:41 PM »
They can be very annoying.  If you put it in the owner's backpack, it won't come out.  I never tried putting the imaginary friend in a chest.  I might try that next.  I have turned a few into real people.  I am thinking of saving to the library and creating a story with only the rag dolls and maybe a few genies

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 09:49:14 PM »
I think they mean the Imaginary Friend doll.

That's what I thought they meant.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 10:07:41 PM »
They won't go in a chest will they? I've tried and had no luck. I have had luck with testingcheatsenabled on, shift+clicking the doll and choosing delete. I've only done that twice, but it worked both times for me. Good luck.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimInStripedPyjamas

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 02:36:42 AM »
If you argue with the doll when it's in the state that only your sim can see it, I think there's an option to 'leave me alone'. The rag doll should turn into a doll, and I don't think it changes back ever again. ::)

Offline Tuesday

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 03:06:15 AM »
Oh no.  They come back after a "leave me alone" request.  It reduces the relationship a bit and makes the pesky thing go away for a couple of hours, but they definitely come back to bug you later.  I like to keep the doll itself around but don't let the toddler have it.  In fact, I usually put it in the inventory of one of the parents until the child hits YA.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 05:41:31 AM »
I actually enjoy letting toddlers have the dolls as it gives that nice 5 hour moodlet to help their happiness points along.  Plus as long as you don't leave the doll out, it never turns into the annoying invisible doll person. 

Offline Huge

• Townie
Deleting child's weird doll thing.
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 08:57:23 AM »
Those who have babies from conception will know that a weird doll thing appears in the mail soon after birth, anyone know how to delete it? I can't stand it, and it's always there. Half the pop-up messages seem to be about it. It's not getting enough attention, it wants to be released etc. It's driving me spare.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Deleting child's weird doll thing.
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 09:10:44 AM »
There is already a recent topic about this.  You can find solutions members have suggested to get rid of Imaginary Friends here.

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 09:11:07 AM »
You can use "moveobjects on" to Shift-Click, Delete Object, but they have a tendency to show up as Sims in your Sims school, same last name as your Sim family, but no relation whatsoever.

Or, you can use a mod that allows you to buy and delete imaginary friends, such as this one from ModTheSims. Or, you can also use one that makes it so that you don't/almost never get an imaginary friend, such as this one. Hope this helps!
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.

Offline Huge

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 10:54:25 AM »
Thanks for the info. I will try that.
There is already a recent topic about this.  You can find solutions members have suggested to get rid of Imaginary Friends here.
Ah so that's what they're called... Thanks lol.

Quite why they had to make these hideous things mandatory, I don't know. you can't sell them, delete them or even leave them in the family inventory.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 12:34:49 PM »
Normally I deleted them, or didn't let my kids play with them. Recently, I allowed them to play with the IF and make them real. these two were Ok;but, 4 kids in the house was too much. So, all are at boarding school and when they return, I'll marry them off and ship them out.