Author Topic: Weird Wish and other strange things  (Read 3610 times)

Offline Corylea

• Townie
Weird Wish and other strange things
« on: March 29, 2012, 04:35:52 AM »
I have a regular human sim who's married to a genie.  The day the regular sim brought the blue baby home from the hospital, the father rolled up the wish to have a pillow fight with the baby.  Er, what?  Smack a BABY with a pillow?  I guess genies don't learn a whole lot about normal life inside those lamps.  :o

I also had a vampire gnome materialize inside my house the night before the baby was born.  So, we have one pregnant human sim and one non-pregnant genie sim.  No vampires in the household.  The genie had recently made friends with a vampire at a party, though.

My sims had the usual problem of not getting wedding presents but still having to write thank-you notes for the gifts they didn't get.  The weird thing was, they got two batches of thank-you notes to write.  And when the human sim wrote the notes, the genie's charisma went up; when the genie wrote them, the human's charisma went up.  Um, what?  Yes, they ARE married, but that's not the same as being the same person.   Weird.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Weird Wish and other strange things
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 06:23:53 AM »
I also had a vampire gnome materialize inside my house the night before the baby was born.  So, we have one pregnant human sim and one non-pregnant genie sim.  No vampires in the household.  The genie had recently made friends with a vampire at a party, though.

You can get the vampire gnomes turn up if you have plasma fruit growing in your garden.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 06:45:58 AM »
The odd moodlet to have a pillow fight with the baby is just a glitch.  Odd moodlets turn up all the time.

The wedding present issue is something new.  I just had it happen in the family I'm currently playing.  Just another bug for EA to fix.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 07:26:33 AM »
I have a regular human sim who's married to a genie.  The day the regular sim brought the blue baby home from the hospital, the father rolled up the wish to have a pillow fight with the baby.  Er, what?  Smack a BABY with a pillow?  I guess genies don't learn a whole lot about normal life inside those lamps.  :o

I've noticed some odd glitches with wishes lately too, mostly partners wishing to move in together when they are already long married, things like that.

My sims had the usual problem of not getting wedding presents but still having to write thank-you notes for the gifts they didn't get.  The weird thing was, they got two batches of thank-you notes to write.

I often get wedding presents in two batches -- maybe it will only send so many at once so it depends on the number of friends you have? I'll have to look at that more closely next time. (Edited to add: When it's working again, that is!)

Cal
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 02:36:47 PM »
You can get the vampire gnomes turn up if you have plasma fruit growing in your garden.

I have some as-yet-unidentified special plants growing in my garden but none that's actively producing plasma fruit.  Does it have this effect even at the sprout stage?

I often get wedding presents in two batches -- maybe it will only send so many at once so it depends on the number of friends you have? I'll have to look at that more closely next time.

Well, the weird thing was their getting an increase in their charisma skill from their SPOUSE'S writing the thank-you notes.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 11:38:24 PM »
I've noticed some odd glitches with wishes lately too, mostly partners wishing to move in together when they are already long married, things like that.

That's actually been happening for a long time now.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 03:13:08 AM »
Well, the weird thing was their getting an increase in their charisma skill from their SPOUSE'S writing the thank-you notes.

That's because they have now made more aquaintances. This happened before Showtime.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 02:18:19 PM »
Today's weird wish is that my sim wants to take her toddler for a walk in the stroller.  Why is this weird?  Because that toddler grew up to be a child three days ago, but my sim just rolled the wish today.  I knew parents were frequently nostalgic, but REALLY.  :)

loveSims

Weird Wish and other strange things
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 03:06:07 PM »
My sim get that wish too after the child grow up. Perhaps it is because the stroler is still in his inventory.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

anything