Author Topic: Question about Image Gallery  (Read 1539 times)

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
Question about Image Gallery
« on: April 04, 2012, 08:06:35 PM »
I was just looking at a post of mine from months and months ago, and the images are either no longer showing up, or they have been replaced with different images. I think this is due to one of two things or possibly both...

1. Deleting the screenshots in my EA folder, so that if there was once a "Screenshot20", for example, a different pic could later be name "Screenshot20"

2. Deleting the images from the Image gallery after they had been used in a post here on the forum.

Does anyone know which of these is the cause, or if there is another possibility?
Thanks!

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Question about Image Gallery
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 08:18:59 PM »
Deleting the image from wherever they are uploaded or moving them will cause them to no longer be available in a post.  The reason is when you post a picture you are saying that this picture can be found at that specific web address.  If you delete it or move it, that picture is no longer at that web address so it no longer shows it.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 11:14:06 PM »
Ricalynn is exactly right.  One of the main reasons we set up the Image Gallery was so that our members wouldn't have to worry about running out of space on Photobucket or whatever other online hosting service.  But you definitely need to keep the images in place for them to show up in your posts.  If your images are missing or incorrect, you really ought to consider fixing it somehow, either by uploading the correct image and putting in the new link or by deleting the images from the posts entirely.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 09:03:38 PM »
Ok, Thanks Rica and Pam. I will search through old posts this weekend and try to fix them.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

AdnaanA

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 04:41:08 PM »
I don't use the forum gallery, but I used to. I use my blog hosting website to upload pictures in my posts because I write my ID in my blog and the forum.

anything