Author Topic: Where have all the tourist gone?  (Read 7891 times)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: Where have all the tourist gone?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 08:00:20 PM »
Actually, I've met foreigners when never going to their original countries. I basically never go on vacations because my game is so slow.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline Tealeaf

• Townie
    • Annie Takes Off
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 09:06:30 PM »
I've seen about a half dozen tourist is Sunset Valley.  This is after about a couple of weeks game time, with the Sim going out partying as much as he could.  They seemed more plentiful in the past, before showtime, but I never really did a count or anything.
I'm Tealeaf, and I approve of this message.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline paws_bells

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 02:17:05 AM »
Actually, I've met foreigners when never going to their original countries.

Same here. I basically have never travelled or met any of those tourists sims who are now wandering around the town I'm playing. Perhaps this is a bug that occurs randomly in-game.
~ Sometimes, I like to dig a hole in my backyard, get inside it, and pretend I'm a carrot.

...Yeah, that's me.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 09:42:53 PM »
I seen one is Sunset Valley but only one that I found randomly! How do you find them? Maybe that is the problem. Is there a certain time of day or place that you can easily find them or is it all chance? After I found the one I then traveled the China and meet just about all the locals there and then I would see they were in town mostly on the weekends and when I invited them over they would come over long enough to be greeted then leave. I couldn't figure that out. How am I supposed to become friends with them if all I can do is greet them? Is that happening to anyone else?

Offline Justwright

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 11:49:16 PM »
I usually see tourist in the library.  I almost positive I've seen some in my current decadynasty which is in Riverdale.  I'll check tomorrow when I play and update this post.

Offline DLSpurlock

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 11:27:48 PM »
They are all in SS walking across the stage on which my singer is performing.  ;)

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 05:14:20 AM »
I don't know about showtime, I don't have it yet, but my sim in Sunset Valley has made several foriegn friends since the EP was released and she hasn't travelled yet.

I noticed, however, in a previous game where I had designated a small park I made as a Chinese Garden, tourists from China flocked there.  A visit to this park almost always guaranteed a new foriegn aquaintance.  Perhaps placing a nectary or busking for tips with the snake charming basket would have a similar effect.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 08:29:54 PM »
They are all in SS walking across the stage on which my singer is performing.  ;)
Ha!  Good one!

loveSims

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 06:43:35 AM »
At the moment I have world adventures uninstalled and I notice a tourists in Starlight Shores at the big park. I wonder where they come from? When you click on them it is their name and tourist!

anything