Author Topic: Do story threads need a story?  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Kai Heilos

• Llama Wrangler
Do story threads need a story?
« on: April 08, 2012, 05:19:59 PM »
Odd question, I'm sure. However, I am just about to start my first attempt at following the Immortal Dynasty challenge and I'd like to make a thread to track my progress and keep notes. Unfortunately, I'm absolutely terrible at writing fiction and generaly play games for the challenge of min/maxing rather than role play, my thread would simply be along the lines of "At the moment I'm doing this and that with my sims to achieve such and such goal" with a couple of screenshots thrown in for good measure and a running score of my immortals. Would that be appropriate to post on this board?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Do story threads need a story?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 08:08:12 PM »
I personally do not think that would be a problem.  Sometimes we need a place to collect our thoughts and go back and see how things are going.  I don't think it really needs to along the line of a story, but maybe still put it in miscellaneous stories. You never know, you might end up making a story out of it at some point.  Good luck. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 10:13:59 PM »
Yes, Kai, that's perfectly fine.  I didn't have much more than that in mind when I started the thread for my Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 06:33:20 AM »
Teresa had a thread for her Evergreens but didn't write the story, it was more of a summary and then sharing images of some stuff.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]