Author Topic: Does anyone have a lag-free game?  (Read 105675 times)

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
Does anyone have a lag-free game?
« on: June 29, 2013, 05:30:20 PM »
I have been experiencing lag in Isla Paradiso ever since installing. The game is playable, but it is just starting to get on my nerves. I have tried everything I can find on this site to try. Just wondering before I keep searching and trying more and more things, is it even a possibility to have a lag free game in the world Isla Paradiso with Island Paradise installed? My suspicions are that the little bits of lag every five seconds or so are pathing issues with the world, or lots in the world.

So if anyone has a lag free game, then I need to keep looking for the potential cause(s). But if no one can report a lag free game, I will probably save myself a lot of time not trying to find a cure for it I haven't already tried.

Online JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Does anyone have a lag-free game?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 05:40:50 PM »
I had a bad lag problem when I started to play the large Ichtaca family who lived in, what I would call, a castle. When I moved them to a smaller 3 bedroom houseboat, the lag disappeared.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
Re: Does anyone have a lag-free game?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 05:46:44 PM »
I went into their original house in edit town mode and cleared up some things that I think were causing pathing problems as Overwatch was telling me they were unroutable quite a bit. That kind of thing with all the houses in the world has helped some, but it is still there.

I was going to give a try with a town from the EP with all the resorts removed, but when I try to remove Hobart's place, my game crashes. So I decided to take a break from it for a while.

Edit: Some people on the official forums are telling me they have lag-free games. Looks I will have to keep looking deeper and deeper for a cause to it.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 06:19:45 PM »
I have not been playing very long, and am only using a single sim family, but, so far, lag free.  Wish I could say bug free too, but, that's another issue which seems to be affecting just a few players and which I have found a work arund for until I can get a proper fix, or it clears itself. 

I have found in other games, that lag occures in the larger maps, such as IP more often than the small maps.  I downgrade my graphics if it becomes annoying and this generally fixes the issue.  If it is pathing, then resetsim * will give a temporary fix.  Try this, and if it fixes the problem in the short term then you will need to find the locations with pathing problems.

I'm sure, if you find them, others here will be delighted to know.  There are a couple of venues in WA which cause major lag, but, these are easily fixed by changing them to no visitors allowed before playing the map.  Your sim can still go there, but, NPC's will not.  So, this may not be a suitable fix for IP.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

brappl

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 10:16:21 AM »
I have been experiencing lag in Isla Paradiso ever since installing. The game is playable, but it is just starting to get on my nerves. I have tried everything I can find on this site to try. Just wondering before I keep searching and trying more and more things, is it even a possibility to have a lag free game in the world Isla Paradiso with Island Paradise installed? My suspicions are that the little bits of lag every five seconds or so are pathing issues with the world, or lots in the world.

So if anyone has a lag free game, then I need to keep looking for the potential cause(s). But if no one can report a lag free game, I will probably save myself a lot of time not trying to find a cure for it I haven't already tried.

My game is lag free and the few conflicts I had were cleared up when mods were updated and I was able to identify a couple of skins that just did not work in the new game.
I am running on Win7 and only have Expansion Packs 1 through 6 and now 10.  Graphics are on High.   Removed  all the stuff packs but lost of bit of CC that relied on those SP's.  There is so much of the same thing on the stuff packs and most of the items can be found on sites as remakes or something new I liked better. Also did do quite a lot of game cleanup before installing 1.55 and IP.  Uninstalled CC, Worlds, Sims, etc that I just was not using.  Also cleaned up my PC and I think the combination of those steps facilitated a smooth installation.

I do not recommend this for everyone but for what it is worth:  I had a lag problem in the past and when all else failed I opened up the pc and cleaned my fans and around the CPU (central processing unit). They had quite a bit of dust.  Too much dust around the fan can cause the CPU and other components to overheat resulting in lags and crashes. As I said, I do not recommend this for everyone but it worked for me.  No problems since cleaning.

Hope this helps.

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 08:40:59 PM »
Also did do quite a lot of game cleanup before installing 1.55 and IP.  Uninstalled CC, Worlds, Sims, etc that I just was not using.

My game is also lag free. I play in a factory reset folder with no mods and no CC other than registration freebies from preorder.

Offline BriannaSkif

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 01:45:00 AM »
I have all expansions, stuff packs, and store items as well as over 300 create-a-pattern patterns from the exchange in my game.  I play without any mods.  I did quite a bit of gameplay in Isla Paradiso this weekend and found the game to be relatively lag free.  The game will start to slow down over time so I make sure I stop every couple hours, save the game, quit and do a re-start.  Everytime I start-up the game, I make sure I've cleared the cache files.  I also move all save files but the one I'm playing and all screenshots to a backup file before I start or restart the game. 

So far, the Isla Paradiso map has been lag free, but as Wai said, bugs are another matter.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 04:33:43 AM »
Well, I was relatively lag free, but for some reason, my game is suddenly freezing at random times, necessitating a restart. The first time was at 359am on Week 2/Day 2, the second time was at 639pm on Week 1/Day 7.

I haven't done anything different, so this is most annoying (and not very helpful to you, I know).

Louise56

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 10:32:30 AM »
In one of my games in the Island Paradise town, the game was kind of stuttering and freezing. I use resetsim * and it help only for a while. Then I discovered one of the townies have a horse! In a small area, no room to move. I get rid of the horse and the stuttering was gone. If your game freeze, look for a stuck horse.

Offline seemenow2008

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 05:56:48 PM »
I have a fairly lag-free game. I've been playing the same file for 7 sim weeks. I only have one sim in my household, she owns two resorts, is a mermaid, a level 10 lifeguard, and has all but two of the uncharted islands unlocked. I really don't have any lag issues at all. No mods back in the game just yet.

Offline Mikeyspoons

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 06:27:12 PM »
I have lag, as you said, it doesn't stop play but it does get very annoying. My two sims are currently at university and there is no lag. So for me, it definately seems to be a problem with Isla Paradiso. I don't use mods (really don't understand them) and I may try the resetsim * if it continues but I must say, I'm kind of used to it now.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 07:17:43 PM »
I have minor lagging.  More like sporadic stuttering, where every couple of sim minutes the game will pause for a second, usually lasts about 1/2 to 1 sim hour.  Occasionally I'll get a lag spike, usually at a time of day when spawners reset or a flood of townies have to go to/from work, and the game will stop for several seconds before continuing.

Right now I'm playing with Errortrap and Overwatch (Nraas mods) so any stuck sims will automatically be reset.  I still get some stuttering, but it seems to be better than it used to be.  Before I installed those mods I had three game freezes (crashes) during long-ish play sessions in Isla Paradiso. 

Frey

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 12:02:07 AM »
My game is almost lag-free. I have all expansion packs except Uni and Seasons, plus a couple worlds and stuff packs. I am experiencing several glitches but the only lag I'm having is while scooba-diving... but I get stressed with large families so I don't play with them. I did build a huge resort though, with no problem.

I'm really impressed actually because my 4-year-old computer is no gaming laptop whatsoever. I set high-detail lots to 1 a while a go and also got extra RAM, so I guess that's it.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 02:33:29 AM »
I have a powerful machine and the game still lags for me. Things just.. hang sometimes, with skips here and there that last 1-2 seconds and an extremely skippy speed 3. I went and installed Overwatch. The only possible bottleneck on my machine now is the processor and I have a core i5 2500k which was midrange a generation or two back. I want to upgrade it for the next Expansion Pack and if I still experience that type of lag I'll be quite annoyed given I want this machine to play Sims 4 smoothly and am designing it to do so part by part. I have one of the most powerful graphics cards available (gtx 780) and 16gb of gaming ram now, playing on a solid state drive ( HIGHLY recommend and I will make a post about this soon). I didn't expect graphics to improve the fast-forwarding as it's not a graphics heavy game. I'm not saying all this to brag, point is I have upgraded to the point I expected much less lag on a machine like this and if I've played a game a few weeks, lag just.. happens, and freeze crashes begin to happen more frequently. When I upgrade my processor I expect things to smooth out, it's the only thing that could explain it. It doesn't take a muscle-heavy graphics card, but does need at least 4-8gb of RAM. The game just takes a lot of processing power because of all the stuff happening in the world from these EPs. I want the latest generation of Intel which will thankfully fit in my board, but they are pricey.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 03:34:28 AM »
I have a decent Laptop, which handles most applications fine, including Sims 3. I'm not going to lie, there is lag. For the most part, however, as long as I avoid the obvious lag issues such as Bridgeport, I don't get much lag at all. The only lag I've experienced since installing IP is a bit of lag when zooming in on an undiscovered uncharted island.

I've got 2GB RAM, an Intel processor, and Intel / Radeon graphics cards, with most TS2 and TS3 EP's and SP's on my HDD. No solid state drive, nothing special, just a normal laptop.