Author Topic: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (2/12/13 Outtakes)  (Read 94349 times)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 19)
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2013, 10:27:21 AM »
Chapter 19: Prom Night

Grace and Puzzle have both been doing well in school and with graduation on the horizon it's prom time once more.

I remember being so excited about prom but Grace seems more worried than anything.

"Mum, can I ask you something?".

"Of course you can darling, what did you want to know?".

"When did you realise you loved dad?"

I couldn't help but wonder where this was going but I decided to just answer her question.

"Well I guess that would be by about lunch time of the day I first met him."

"Really? that fast?".

"Well yes, but it isn't like that for everybody, take your grandparents for example, there was a time when they could barely stand each other, for them love was something that grew over time."

"What is this about Grace? is there some boy at school you are interested in?"

"See that's just it, there are no boys at school, well there's two, Preston and Zebulon but I know that Zebulon likes Puzzle so that just leaves Preston and what if he asks me to dance?"

"Is that what you're so worried about, a boy asking you to dance?" but I could tell it was more than that, it was obvious she held no affection for this Preston boy but there were very few options for a young lady in Riverview right now, the town was getting old, at some point it had turned into a retirement town for the elderly or soon to be elderly, the chances of finding a young husband were practically zero.

"Look Grace you're young yet, just because I met your father in high school doesn't mean you have to do the same, you have time, and whatever you decide you know we will stand by you, Ah that sounds like your ride, just go and have fun and try not to worry."

But even as she walked to the limo I could see she wasn't overly convinced.

"Oh no there's Preston, Oh please don't ask me to dance, please."

"Try not to worry, think about what mum said, it's just a dance, oh god!".

But it seems somebody was listening that night as Preston didn't ask Grace for a dance, unfortunately nobody else did either, she had a rough night and even got in a couple of fights, and came home thoroughly disheartened. Puzzle though had the time of her life, she spent the night dancing with Zebulon Kelly and was even voted prom queen.

I'm sure one day Grace will find the man of her dreams, she may know instantly, or it may take her a while to realise that what she truly wanted had been there all along.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 20)
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2013, 10:43:07 AM »
Chapter 20: Cops and Robbers

Dallas had a surprise during another failed shopping trip to the consignment store, Travis and Susie have got married, I was thrilled by that, so few of our old school friends have found partners and none of them have married.

Puzzle and Zebulon seem to be quite taken with each other, she brought him home from school and so far I like him.

June is still going strong, when Tom died I started to worry that she might follow not long after, just as my mother had when my father passed away but so far she's showing no signs of slowing down, and she can still throw a good hard pillow punch when she wants to.

Dallas is almost at the top of his career now, for quite some time he has been working undercover, I never quite know who my husband is going to be from one day to the next, at the moment he's an undercover rock star, I must say it is one of his better outfits, hopefully it will take some time to crack this case.

Dallas getting that final promotion has suddenly taken on a whole new urgency, you see his ambitious sister is now terrorising the neighbourhood with her glowing presence. If Oscar had known I'm not sure he would have asked MaryKay on a date, but then again he did ask her to the junkyard, not the most romantic of spots.

She hasn't slapped Grace since I gave her that ultimatum but she still argues with her.

Then has second thoughts and tries to apologise, but Grace doesn't want to know.

Being Emperor of Evil has changed the family dynamics in a way I wouldn't have expected, June and MaryKay have been fighting ever since she was a teen yet June was so thrilled at her daughters promotion they are now the best of friends, Puzzle is also fond of MaryKay but then she has an excuse, she is insane after all. My relationship with her has always been luke warm but there was a time when Dallas considered her a friend, if he was in any other job I think that like his mother he would be proud of MaryKay, lets face it he could so easily have been a master thief instead of a police officer.

But he is a police officer and that makes MaryKay the enemy.

Some people in Riverview are still willing to give her a chance though, Skip Broke asked her on a date, but as usual it was a disaster.

Dallas has finally made his mother a real sculpture, no goblins this time.

A couple of days after MaryKay got her promotion Dallas got his, and completed his dream of being an international super spy.

"The name's Shallow, Dallas Shallow."

I'm so proud of him, it's a shame to lose the rock star outfit though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 19 & 20)
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2013, 12:39:55 PM »
Congratulations to MaryKay and Dallas =D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 21)
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2013, 01:51:18 PM »
Ooops posted out of order and put 22 before 21  ::) sorted now though.

Chapter 21: The Final Ingredient

I'm starting to think MaryKay has met her match in Grace, normally she is such a sweet girl but MaryKay somehow gets the Shallow in her to surface.

One downside of Dallas' job is he can get called in at all hours, we were at a party at his old home when he got called in once again, I didn't mind though, I had Sherman to keep me company.

That was until beautiful Betty came over and interrupted our conversation, my mother would have been so proud of the fake smile I gave them, but then I did learn from the best.

Ever since we bought her a toy oven Grace has been learning every recipe she can lay her hands on, and already she has learnt enough to be classed as a culinary librarian. One day soon she will have to learn the most important recipe of them all, Ambrosia.

Dallas has finished her portrait, I think it made him a little sad painting it, his little girl is growing up.

Puzzle has been very busy in her greenhouse, she has just planted a lot of very special seeds, soon we will have both life fruits and death flowers.

She gets on very well with Dallas, although she does creep him out sometimes.

Talking of Dallas he has been busy getting the final ingredient, Puzzle is not yet able to catch deathfish, and even if she was curfew means somebody would have to go with her, so it's easier for Dallas to just catch them himself.

"Ewww, is she really going to eat this thing?".

Maybe it tastes better than it looks, I hope so anyway.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 22)
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2013, 01:58:27 PM »
Chapter 22: Birthday Girls

Once again yet more birthdays loom, Dallas called in to see Laurel and also found Zebulon, obviously he is a little older than Puzzle, and his hair grows really fast too.

"So Laurel I don't suppose you have any cameras for me?".

"Just face it Dallas I wont ever have a camera and even if I did I wouldn't sell it to you, close the door on your way out would you."

Well I guess that's it then, we wont get that Hikon unless we go to Egypt now, when I think just how long we have been trying for that silly camera it seems impossible that not once in all that time did they have one and we have checked every day. Well at least all the photos are the same size, there's a nice symmetry about them, oh who am I kidding I wanted large ones!

We decided to give the girls a party for their birthday, Grace always looks so worried about everything.

Puzzle just gets excited.

I needed the ladies room but it was already occupied by Hal, before I could leave again Sherman came in and gave me a bunch of flowers.

It was very sweet of him even if they were yellow, my least favourite colour, and I know I shouldn't have but I hugged him, and it wasn't a friendly hug.

Before I knew it I was trapped in the bathroom with an angry mob, including my daughter.

"Why is she apologising to my boss, just what was going on in that bathroom."

Hal wasn't the only person I had to apologise to, in fact I spent the rest of the party apologising, this late in the day I can't afford to alienate my friends.

"I'm sorry Grace I don't know what came over me, forgive me."

"It's alright mum, there's nothing to forgive."

I'm glad she thought so as honestly I wasn't so sure myself, it was an urge I had spent my whole life trying to resist, that moment when a well intentioned friendly hug turns into something more, but just lately it was getting worse and I was having a harder time stopping myself.

How else could I explain this? and yes that is Kurt.

Puzzle liked Zebulon's new look, I too think it suits him better than the short hair did.

With Grace now a young adult I just had one word to say to Dallas.

"Honeymoon."

I usually try and write the traits into the story but sometimes they just don't fit so just a note to add Grace got over emotional for her trait and Puzzle got green thumb.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 21 & 22)
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2013, 03:17:46 PM »
Laurel, give them a camera already - I also had to go to Egypt just for the camera! Puzzle and Zebulon make a cute couple, nooboos too I hope in future.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 23)
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2013, 03:54:10 PM »
Chapter 23: Better Late Than Never

China, the place we have longed to visit since we were teens and at last we are here.

I seem to be suffering a bit of old lady shrinkage though.

We spent our first day looking around the Halls of the Lost Army, I got quite a few nice photographs while Dallas was pushing statues about and disarming traps, even took one of him getting all soggy in a dive well, of course I did get a few comments about not helping but rules are rules and it was his rule that I not touch anything in there, he can't have it both ways.

I never saw him much for the next few days, most of my time was spent reading at the base camp or the book merchants, Dallas was on a mission to get us a vacation home, it didn't take him as long as I thought it might, but then he had been at it non stop since we arrived.

He did have time to give me a quick hug inbetween quests though.

Hey, you're supposed to be checking out the board not the explorers!

But finally he got his level 3 visa.

"Thank god for that, now can I please spend some time with my wife?".

"Shall we skip this joint and go find ourselves somewhere more private?".

"Oh yes please!".

We bought a smallish plot near the river, it was close to the Forbidden City and had an amazing view of the Dragon Cave.

The rest of our trip we spent on the balcony painting and sculpting, the view was very inspiring, I painted enough pictures to supermax painting and get my final promotion upon returning home.

For the first time in our entire lives we were totally alone, and we made sure to make the most of it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 24)
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2013, 03:58:23 PM »
Chapter 24: Anger Management

Back home again and it's graduation day, Grace was voted valedictorian and most likely to burn down her own house, I really hope not, and Puzzle got most likely to offend others, she rarely does offend people though.

"What on earth is she doing now?".

MaryKay is miserable, it seems achieving the thing she wanted most in this world has failed to bring her any happiness, in fact all it has done is drive people away.

Grace doesn't even wait for MaryKay to start a confrontation now, she seeks her out instead.

After yet another disastrous date, this time with Dimitri Ivanov, things finally come to a head.

I have a feeling Grace provoked her into that slap, particularly as she looked far too pleased with herself when her father blew his top.

"That's it MaryKay I've had enough, you were warned what would happen if you did that again."

"But Dallas she...."

"No I don't want to hear it, go and sort yourself out and don't come back till you have."

At first I thought Dallas had kicked her out, but he knows nobody is allowed to leave or it's all been for nothing, but what he had actually done was book her a flight to Egypt.

She wasn't overly happy about it at first.

"Tents? they go to China and live in luxury and I get a tent?".

But for an athletic person like MaryKay it's a wonderful place to go Jogging.

Dallas had asked her to get a few things for us while she was there, crocodiles were one of them, well you never know when you might need one.

Mid way through her trip she phoned home, Dallas answered but he was still cross with her so refused to talk.

Next time she rang I made sure that I answered, once she got over the initial shock of the living conditions she really fell in love with the place.

She'd investigated the old copper mine but got stuck at a giant boulder. I told her that Dallas had been asked to get some special axe in China so maybe one day somebody will be able to get past that.

She'd even met some of our friends from China such as Liang Yat Sen, they got on very well.

I honestly think this trip did her the world of good, I can't remember the last time I heard her so calm, it would seem she has finally worked through her anger issues.

But back home the sour look returned once more, seems she's still a bit on the grumpy side.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 25)
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2013, 04:02:41 PM »
Chapter 25: At First There Was One

MaryKay did bring one very special thing back from Egypt, at last I have that Hikon camera I wanted so badly, so with my elder photograph now done my own museum is complete.

It meant I could also take a photograph of Dallas, I had been painting a portrait of him but for some reason I just can't finish it, I feel loath to just discard it but at least now I have a photograph.

I never dreamt June would still be around to do Grace's young adult sculpture, I guess it seems a little presumptuous to have it done in her wedding dress when she doesn't even have a boyfriend, maybe that's why she chose such an inelegant pose.

Both Tom and Kurt haunt the house full time now.

"Please Tom let me at least get that death flower before you try to kill me."

"Hmmm that does looks good, I knew I should have had the pumpkin pie."

We have all got so used to them being around nobody really takes much notice of them anymore.

And nothing will stop me reading a good book, not even a haunted table.

It's nice for June to have Tom around so much, they spend a lot of time together and are still very devoted.

Grace is a master of cookery now and is learning how to make ambrosia, I would have waited but I got so hungry and she was taking so long to read it I had to raid the fridge.

One last check to make sure I had done everything required told me I was ready at last, so Grace went into the kitchen to prepare a very special meal.

"I wonder if I'll feel any younger if I just taste it?", thankfully that didn't do anything.

It was already perfect but not quite perfect enough for Grace who had to add a finishing touch.

It tasted like heaven on a plate, I just cannot possibly describe it.

Better wash this plate before June decides to wash it in her special way, if she even licks a crumb off this we will have failed.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 21 & 22)
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2013, 04:06:43 PM »
Congrats on reaching immortality, Tracey! China and Egypt looked fun, MaryKay seemed at home on her holiday.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
Re: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 23 - 25)
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2013, 10:53:57 PM »
Just when I desperate because I lost my internet connection, look with all these updates! LOVE it. Thank you Turoskel, you just made my day <3 *squeal*

Here are the comments:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 23 - 25)
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2013, 03:19:01 AM »
Thanks Eldridge.

To answer your comments, sims only react to a ghost the first time they see it then after that it's fine, so having them out all the time wasn't a problem in that way, floating through the bathroom when you are in the shower was a bit though  ;D

19, Yes that is Tom and June, I don't know why the attraction things went off it's not like it was the first time they met but it was the first time she saw him after he died, I just thought it was rather sweet, as much as EA set those two up to barely be acquainted with each other when you actually play them Tom really does love June and rolls a lot of romance related wishes towards her, June does the same but not quite so much, commitment issues and all that.

As for Preston no offence to him but well he's not exactly stunning to look at and the only other boy at school, Zebulon, got paired up with Puzzle. The four of them were the only kids in town and this was just generation 2, story progression did a really bad job throughout my dynasty, it was all elders with pets rather than couples with kids and I really didn't want her to marry an EA clone but at the same time I like my sims to choose for themselves, well let's just say she didn't choose Preston, thankfully.

20, The Emperor of Evil glow knocks five points off the relationship of anybody nearby who is good or in the law enforcement career but if they are evil or a criminal it adds five points hence June and MaryKay suddenly becoming best of friends after all this time.

21, You know when I originally made my self sim Sherman was the guy I felt sure she would fall for, like the attraction notices say they have a lot in common but she never rolled any wishes for him despite me almost trying to push them together they just weren't interested, then she met Dallas outside the bookstore and I've never seen anything like it, they flirted non stop from 7pm one day till 6am the next, it was all totally autonomous and despite being exhausted and hungry neither of them seemed to want to go home, eventually though he left to go to work and I could finally pick my chin back off the floor from being so gobsmacked :o

22, You learn a lot doing the challenges on this forum, one of the things I've learned is that you can keep buying out the consignment store until it has what you want, of course back then I didn't know this and I've been kicking myself over it ever since  ::)

23, Visa level 3 took me about 3 or 4 days I think, with moodlet manager, I only took the quick quests no tombs other than the first one, everything else was all get some gems, find me some metals, catch me some fish type adventures, I also got Dallas the opportunistic lifetime reward as I think that helped him get more points with each quest.

24, Yes the vote is trait dependent, Grace is clumsy hence the burn down the house one, when I play Tracey as a teen she usually gets most likely to get married or write a bestseller due to hopeless romantic and bookworm, Dallas sometimes gets most likely to spend time in jail because of his Klepto trait  ;D

Chapters 26 - 30 coming up today  :)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 26)
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2013, 03:35:52 AM »
Chapter 26: Trouble In Paradise

The moment I have been dreading ever since Puzzle first came into our lives has finally arrived.

"How could you Dallas, she's like a daughter to us, we raised her as our own and now you are flirting with her."

"But she came on to me."

"Is that supposed to make it better? I didn't exactly see you telling her to stop."

"Tracey, you know it means nothing."

"Not to me it doesn't, do you think I like being an old lady while my husband is still young, it was bad enough in China with all those ladies falling over themselves to get at you, but now in my own home I find you flirting with a younger woman, what am I supposed to think?".

"Tracey I swear to you that nothing happened, and nothing ever will, I have been eternally faithful to you and I always will be."

I forgave him, I always do, I know he can't help it, it's a compulsion like my hugging problem, but to do it under our own roof and with somebody who is as much my daughter as the one I gave birth too really hurts. Needless to say I shall be keeping a closer eye on these two from now on.

The snow has finally gone and spring is in the air, it's Love Day and a chance to put the past behind us.

Puzzle spent her day with Zebulon.

While we went to the spring festival, June even dragged Tom along.

We didn't do too greatly on the love tester, but what does that thing know anyway.

"Which one of us is the hottie?".

While I doubted it was me Dallas obviously didn't consider it to be himself else why even ask?

I admit I was still feeling fragile after what had happened with Puzzle, this machine hadn't done a lot for my self esteem but I soon cheered up when I found a fancy festival egg.

My happiness didn't last though.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 26)
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2013, 05:56:05 AM »
Ah, I really get annoyed when my household start flirting with their spouses family x.x Oh no, I want to know what's up next :z