Author Topic: Changeling Dominion  (Read 13432 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: Changeling Dominion
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 03:14:56 PM »
Chapter 1.  Making Plans

I was so excited to be on my way to see Mother and Father again.  It had been such a long time, and I had so much to tell them.  So much to tell all the Founders.  So much promise ahead.  But as I drew closer to home, other memories pushed at my thoughts of Mother and Father and the important ways this trip would change the destiny of our people.  Memories of a time before the aggression of the war-like solids forced us to retreat to this dark land in the Omarion Nebula, and to keep its location a secret.  Before the Founders sent 100 of us out into the galaxy to look for a new home.  Memories of the one who had won my heart during those peaceful days so long ago.  The one I had to leave when duty called my name.  Where is she now?  Is she married?  Does she have children?  Does she ever think of me, or even remember me?

I pushed those thoughts from my mind as I arrived in the Homeland, and went immediately to the place where I had grown up, hoping that Mother and Father still lived there.  I was nervous as I knocked at the door.  Perhaps I should have alerted them I was coming.  But strangers opened the door.  A woman I had never seen, an older man with whom I was not familiar.  Of course, it had been a long time, and my people can change appearance easily.

"Hello,"  I said.  "I am seeking Cardak and Laya, Founders of the Dominion.  If this is no longer their home, perhaps you can tell me where they have gone?"

"Oh! My Son!  My Artok!  Is it really you?" cried the woman.  I looked at her, and the man behind her, but saw nothing familiar in their faces.

"Mother?  Father?  Is that you?" I asked, tentatively.

"Yes my son, it is us!" responded the woman.  "We are so amazed to see you!  We have feared for your safety and every day I have dreamed of opening this very door and seeing you standing there!  And now here you are, safe and sound, returned to us!" she cried, hugging me tightly.

"With much to tell, I presume," said the man, who apparently was my Father.

"You must be famished," said Mother.  "I will make us something to eat.  Cardak, show your son in."

"Yes, Father, I do have much to tell.  But first, please help me understand your appearance on this day . . . and Mother's also . . . these skins are so different than any I have ever seen on you!"

"Oh, my son," said Father, shaking his head.  "Before today, we have heard from only two of the 100 lookouts.  Odo was the first to make contact, and ever since we linked with him, and your mother caught site of this Guinan woman in his thoughts, she has been fascinated with her . . . obsessed, actually.  It's all "What would Guinan say about that?" and "What do you think Guinan would wear to this event?" and "What would Guinan do?"  And when she isn't asking questions like that, she's spouting Guinanisms  . . . more like Guinan channeling Yoda - and not in a good way - if you ask me.  I'm hoping it will pass, but it's been several months and I still wake up to Guinan's face every morning.  I am weary of this Guinan woman without even having met her."

"I see.  Well that explains Mother.  What about you?  What is with the aged appearance and those . . . ears . . . I've never seen anything quite like those ears!"

Father responded, chuckling, "Well, the aged appearance is to let your Mother know that this Guinan-business is getting old . . . and making me old to boot!  And as for the ears . . . Guinan's people are a race of listeners.  If your mother insists on trying to look like Guinan and talk like Guinan, I believe she should also try to listen like Guinan.  More listening means less talking.  Sometimes your mother needs a reminder of that."  Lowering his voice he added, "like every day."

I had to laugh at that.  My mother was definitely more of a talker than a listener. 

"What do the other Founders think of this appearance of yours?" I asked.

"Oh my word, they don't see me like this!  I only use this particular skin at home with your mother.  She pretends to ignore it, but I think I'm getting to her."

"You opened the door to me.  What if I had been one of the other Founders?"

"My son, surely you do not think me so weak and out of touch that I would not know the instant you arrived back in our world?  Of course I knew it was you.  If I had changed my appearance, your Mother would have suspected something, and I wanted her to have the wonderful surprise of opening the door and seeing you there.  As she said, she has dreamed of that since you left.  Besides, I thought you would find this skin amusing.  I based it on yours, after all . . . with many more years and much bigger ears, of course."

"Yes, those ears are definitely amusing," I laughed and poked at them.

Cardak chuckled, and then became more serious.  "But you are not here to talk about my ears.  Tell me what you have found in your travels."

"I will.  But first, would you mind shifting to the skin I grew up with?  I've been waiting a long time to see that guy again," I said, smiling.

"Of course."

"Oh geez, Father, NO, not that one!  That one gave me nightmares!"

"Heh-heh-heh, sorry, couldn't resist," chuckled Father.

"Better?" he asked, after a more-than-necessarily dramatic morph.

"Yes.  Thank you.  I've missed that face," I said.

"Now, tell me about your adventures, my son," he said gently.

"I have seen much," I told him.  "Many places we would not want to go; many beings we do not want to interact with.  But I have also found a great world, perfect for our people.  We will be welcomed; we will have meaningful work and we will live in peace; we will have children and know that they will live long and prosper; it is all there for us, beautiful houses just waiting for us to move into them."

"What is this world?" asked Father.

"It is called Simlandia," I answered.  "It is a large world, with many communities and peaceful inhabitants."

"Tell me of it's communities."

"Oh, there are so many, and they have parks and lakes and beautiful beaches!  This world is rich with gems and minerals . . . and the sunshine!  I can't even describe the feeling of being out in the sunshine!"

"There is Sunset Valley - a quiet, peaceful town, with a lovely beach, a beautiful park in the center of town, and many lakes great for fishing.  And there is a community called Riverview, where our people can live a quiet, peaceful life near the river, fishing and pursing arts like painting and sculpting and music.  And for those who like the nightlife, there is a community called Bridgeport, where the buildings stretch high into the sky, and the disco balls keep the party going all night."

Father looked confused.  "Disco balls?  What is this . . .  disco balls?  Is that some kind of being?"

"No, Father, it's not a being," I said.  "Never mind, it doesn't matter.  What matters is that there are so many wonderful communities in Simlandia!  Moonlight Falls, Appaloosa Plains, Twinbrook, Hidden Springs, Starlight Shores, Barnacle Bay . . . I could go on and on!"

"And what of the inhabitants of these communities?  How will they react to us?" Cardak asked thoughtfully.

"Oh, that's the best part - they already have so many species living there, we'll fit right in, whatever shape we choose to take!"  They have werewolves and vampires, fairies and genies, ghosts and mermaids, even witches.  The bland appearance that some Changelings prefer will hardly be noticed, but of course our ability to to take the shape of any of these beings makes it all the easier.  And think of the learning opportunity!  Our people can choose to live as a genie among genies, as a vampire among vampires, as a fairy among fairies.  There is no better way to learn about all of these creatures than to live among them, as one of them.  As we link and share what we learn about them, we will all be stronger and better able to blend in wherever we go!"  I couldn't help feeling excited as I talked about what this could mean for our people.

Father was pleased.  "Very good work, Son!  It certainly does sound like a great opportunity.  I am very proud of you."

"We will link with the other Founders tonight and review all you have learned, and then we will make a decision.  Now, let's go see what your mother has made for us to eat."

Later, after we'd eaten something Mother called "Guinan's Fave", I prepared for the linking and thought about my people.  In the time since we'd retreated to this sunless land, lit only by technology, some had become so filled with anger and hate that they had become aggressive themselves.

That aggression was one of the things the Founders considered that night as I shared my thoughts and experiences with my people through the link.  The Founders knew that hate and aggression would destroy us.  Our people could only survive if we could find a world where we could be the peace-loving race that we were born to be.  They agreed that Simlandia sounded like the place for us.

Of course, the Founders were wise, with a long memory.  And they knew that peace is a fragile thing in a world controlled by solids.  They knew that eventually we would need to overtake our new communities completely.  At first, I felt bad about this - it didn't seem fair to take what they'd built, but I knew the truth of Father's words when he said, "The solids have always been a threat to us; that's the only justification we need."

As they reviewed my memories, the Founders saw that Simlandia was full of families, so they decided to send a male and a female to each of these communities to live among the inhabitants and have families of their own.  In addition to having offspring, each couple would be allowed to call other Changelings to their communities, through a process called Cloning.  These Changelings would initially appear as a younger duplicate of the Founder who called them, but would ultimately be allowed to take whatever shape they chose in the new world.  And when a community no longer had available homes, our offspring and clones would become friends with original inhabitants still living in houses, and would kindly and lovingly convince them to move out.

After the meeting, everyone talked about Simlandia.  Many were excited, and there were more wanting to found the new communities than could be accommodated.

The Founders asked everyone interested in going to Simlandia to gather in the square in the morning for the choosing process.  The Founders would choose who would go, where they would go, and who would be mated with whom.

I was the only exception.  As the discoverer of Simlandia, I was given first choice of communities, and was also given the opportunity to choose my mate.

As I prepared for sleep, I thought about that.  I didn't really know anyone here anymore.  Still, there was one person . . . one I'd like to have with me . . . working and playing and raising a family.  I had sensed her in the link earlier, but there was so much excitement about Simlandia that I wasn't able to get a read on her at all.  I didn't know if she would come to the square in the morning; didn't know if I'd recognize her if she did.  And if she did come, would she agree to be mated with me?  The only thing I knew for sure was that I had very little time to choose a mate to go with me to a new world.  And if Aya did not come to the square in the morning, and agree to accompany me, I'd be going with a stranger.

I slept fitfully, my dreams alternating between the hope of a new life with a true love, and the fear of an unhappy union with a disagreeable mate.

The next morning, as we gathered for the choosing, I searched the crowd for Aya.  I knew I would only recognize her if she wanted me to, for I had no idea what skin she wore these days.  As I searched, my eyes landed on a face of great beauty.  It was not a face I recognized, but it was a face that I could not take my eyes from.  As I stared, she started walking toward me. 

A thought flitted through my mind - something - the walk perhaps?  Something seemed familiar, and as I considered that, the face and body began to morph, and then I knew her, even before the change was complete.  She smiled as she reached me, looking just as I remembered her, and as she looked into my eyes I knew that my hopes were not in vain.  Aya would be going with me - living with me, raising a family with me, sharing a life with me.

When all the traveling Founders were chosen, Father gathered us around to wish us all the best.  Some who were staying feared for the safety of their loved ones going to this new world.  To them, my Father said, "Do not fear, your loved ones will be safe.  They will enter these communities, live quietly among the solids, and become their friends.  They will peacefully grow in number, and will call us to join them when the time is right.  The solids will leave happily, blissfully even, and we will fill the communities completely.  We will be in control, and what we can control can't hurt us."

As the crowd cheered, Father continued, "We are a peaceful people, seeking peace.  And we shall have peace!  And not just peace!  We shall have DOMINION!!"

I heard that last part, but I was too lost in Aya's eyes to think much about it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 03:53:00 PM »
Great beginning! I was wondering if someone would think of the Dominion. Were they from Deep Space Nine? It was fun seeing Guinan again.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 04:32:09 PM »
Great beginning! I was wondering if someone would think of the Dominion. Were they from Deep Space Nine? It was fun seeing Guinan again.

Thank you!  Yes, Odo served on Deep Space Nine.  It was fun creating Guinan - I'm a Whoopi Goldberg fan anyway, and always liked this character.

Great intro! Aya is lovely. Can't wait for the nooboos :)

Thank you, but remember, these are the Homeworld "skins".  These shapeshifters will be in different form when they land in Simlandia, which they will do as soon as they figure out which community they want to take over.   :D

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 09:52:06 PM »
lol, congrats on beating me to the punch (someone says Dominion, I think Changelings, Vorta, and Jem'Hadar, not Borg). Looking forward to this!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 11:19:31 PM »

Thank you, but remember, these are the Homeworld "skins".  These shapeshifters will be in different form when they land in Simlandia, which they will do as soon as they figure out which community they want to take over.   :D

Oh I know :) Those shots you had of her were great and I just wanted to mention that to you. Again, looking forward to more!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 09:08:35 AM »
(applauds) This is a very interesting introduction and backstory to your dynasty. I would be interested to know how you created the screenshots. If you can PM me about that, I would be able to come up with a backstory for my own stories. ^_^

It's a shame that you'll change the Sims to look completely different, but your backstory makes perfect sense as to why you'd not use those characters - these characters come from a race of aliens which can change their shape and life state to look like anyone.  ;D

I wish you the best of luck and hope for success in your Dynasty.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 09:45:27 AM »
Wow awesome start! Can't wait to read more!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 12:17:10 AM »
Wow awesome start! Can't wait to read more!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Thank you!  So glad you like it.  The next chapter is in the works - had to finish up the House Hunter and Honey Do List Challenges first. 

Aya and Artok are working away at their requirements - Aya has maxed her first career and is working on skill challenges; and Artok is at level 7 in his career and has one skill challenge done.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 01:55:00 PM »
Chapter 2.  Moonlight Falls

Artok
It was a difficult decision, but we finally settled on Moonlight Falls.  Aya was enchanted by my stories about the fairies I’d met, and she experimented with a fairy skin. She loved the feeling of her wings as they moved rhythmically behind her.

But she’d been so intrigued by my stories of elixirs that could provide prolonged energy, initiate friendships, and bring greater happiness, that she chose Alchemy as her first career.  Expecting that a witch would learn alchemy faster than a fairy, she surrendered the wings (only temporarily, she promised herself) and looked forward to learning many elixir recipes.

I chose a very human looking skin and then combined it with a werewolf skin.  I wanted to hunt for valuable gems, metals and insects, which I could then exchange for simoleons, the monetary unit of Simlandia.  But I didn’t want people to be scared of me, as I was scared of Father’s werewolf-like form, so I tamed my appearance to one that I hoped would be less frightening.

I chose the Architecture career because it would allow me to enter the homes of Moonlight Falls and upgrade them.  I wanted our offspring to be cozy and comfortable when it came time for them to move into homes of their own.

We’d barely arrived in Moonlight Falls when Aya conjured her first poison apple.

And the next thing I knew, she was off on her new broom, excited about taking classes in alchemy and gardening.

I visited the local greenhouse where I was able to purchase some excellent fruits and vegetables.

I also met some neighbors there.  With four kids and one on the way, these looked like prospective clients to me!

I couldn’t stay and visit for long - there were a few things I needed from China.  Since Aya wasn’t as accustomed to traveling as I am, I had to go without her.  I hated leaving her, having just gotten her back in my life, but I knew I could be back before she was finished with her classes.  She wouldn’t even know I was gone.

While in China, I picked up some books to sell back in Moonlight Falls, a few incense burners known to quicken skill development, a chest for storing important things, and equipment for learning martial arts.  I met many other travelers, as well as local sims, and completed the Celebrity skill challenge.  Something very strange happened when I met a pretty blonde from France.

I don’t know what caused those little pink hearts, but I’m certainly glad Aya was not there to see them!  I excused myself quickly and went back to hunting - it seemed the safest thing to do.  I found some valuable items in China - my very first hunt yielded Supernovium worth $3,999!  I also found Plasma Bug ($3400) and Red Admiral butterfly.

I sent the Supernovium off to be smelted, and the next morning received a Supernovium ingot worth $26,993!  That’s half the amount Aya and I needed for our Swimming in Cash Lifetime Wishes!

When I returned from China, I was very disappointed to find that my supernovium ingot had been moved to my family inventory, and although I was able to see it there, I was not able to move it from the inventory or sell it.  I was so unhappy about that, in fact, that I had to pause everything and calm myself.  That was unusual, as I don’t normally react that way.  It was almost as if an outside force was influencing me.  Weird.

Once I calmed down, I joined the Architecture profession, and then stopped by the local grocery and purchased 99 eggplants, 99 tomatoes, and 99 heads of lettuce.  I offered the produce for sale at the local consignment shop, and then got busy at the sketch table there.

I made $1798 in sales my first day and achieved an Excellent reputation!  This would be helpful later when I consigned my sketches and the spoils from my hunting efforts!

Aya

After my classes, I stopped by the Alchemy store to see what elixirs they had for sale and to learn more Alchemy recipes.  It’s so much fun being in this new land!  So many new things to do and see and learn about!

While I was at the elixir shop, I heard some people talking about the greenhouse, so I thought I’d stop by there on my way home.  I don’t really understand how those cute dancing flowers make sunshine, but having lived without a sun for so long, I gathered up all I could carry and felt happy just having it with me.  Then I went home to start my garden, and I was so surprised to find a gardening station already installed!  Now how did Artok manage to get that built for me in just one day?  It’s so like him to be thinking of me!

I planted fruits, vegetables, mushrooms and other seeds, and then set about figuring out the gardening station.  The only thing I had to put in it was sunshine, so I tried it.  When I turned the handled, I was thrilled to discover that the station spread the sunshine across my garden, making my plants grow instantly!  I put more sunshine in the composter and ran it over and over, and just a couple hours after planting, my plants were ready to be harvested!  This was even better than fairy blooming!

Artok

I was as surprised as Aya to see that gardening station, but of course I didn’t tell her that!  I didn’t lie and say I built it for her, but hey, if somebody wants to drop off something that makes her that happy and let me take the credit for it, far be it from me to argue!

The next few days went by in a busy blur.  Aya quickly learned the Invigorating Elixir, and then the Potent Invigorating Elixir.  I haven’t been to bed since I got here - not to sleep, not to nap, not to . . . .well . . . not for anything.  What I have been doing is sketching.  And I’ve landed a few architecture jobs. 

I enlarged the pool at the local vamp mansion.  I thought Mr. Van Gould would appreciate the little flowers that made the kind of sunshine that lasts through the night.  But apparently, Mr. Van Gould is not a fan of sunshine, day or night.

I put in a new “Teen Sanctuary” for the young MacDuff girl.  I was right about that family needing some work done!  Their house was mostly drab colors.  But I made sure it won’t be drab for at least one future Changeling in that house!

The descendants that move into Dayvid Musgrave’s house will be staying in shape thanks to the new exercise room above the garage.

And the Durwood’s new living room will be a fun place for a future Changeling family, with it’s big screen tv and video games for the kids . . . .

And the awesome stereo and professional bar for the adults!

Olivia Goth didn’t seem too happy with my work the first time I enlarged her pool and put in an outdoor kitchen, but the next day she had me come back out to enlarge the pool again and add lounge chairs.  I’m looking forward to moving out those ghosts and moving in some living, breathing, drones!

I was kept pretty busy, but one thing I didn’t do was build our new house (although Aya doesn’t know that).  She came home one night to find this:

What a surprise!  For both of us!  Up until this point, we’d had a garden on an otherwise empty lot.  I was sketching at the consignment shop and working in various homes around town.  Aya came here to garden, but otherwise she was honing her alchemy skills at Aleister’s Elixirs and Sundries, the local alchemy shop.  And then one night she came home and found this house.  She thinks I built it.  In a day.  And she loves it.  So what was I going to do?  Tell her “Oh look honey . . . someone other than your architect partner built you this beautiful house!”  Yeah, right.  Not a chance, uh uh, no way!  I didn’t actually tell her I built it, I just didn’t tell her I didn’t.  And frankly, it’s driving me a little crazy wondering where it came from.

Aya

Artok has really been spoiling me since we got here!  The very first day he installed that fabulous gardening station!  My plants grow so much faster and better with it.  And then a few days later, he built us a wonderful house in just one day!  I could hardly believe my eyes.  But the best surprise, the one I was hoping for, was yet to come!

He got me the most beautiful ring!  It was dazzling! 

Do you think he could tell I was more than a little excited?

And then I had a couple of surprises of my own.  First the Wish Enhancing Elixir for us both.

And then a golden elixir for me . . . and a few minutes later, we were both “Swimming in Cash” and swimming in enough happiness points to get us two steel bladders and three clones!

Artok

Aya reached level 10 in Alchemy before I topped the Architecture career.  I came home one day and found her sketching, so we decided our first collection would be sketches - four of mine and one of hers.  I was very close to topping my career, so I took a shower while she finished her sketch, and then halfway through my next sketch, I hit level 10.  I finished that sketch while Aya hung four of my sketches on the wall, and added the one she did.  She called me in to look at them.

Clearly one of these things is not like the others.  I was thinking of nooboos . . . er . . . drones . . . and Aya was thinking of . . . well . . . some guy that isn’t me.  I immediately knew what to do.

First this . . .

And then this . . .

And this . . .

Followed by this . . .

And, at long last, this . . . .

Yes, indeed, we finally made use of that bed!  Bring on the nooboos . . . er, I mean . . . drones!

First Reproductive Day:
Requirements complete Week 2, Day 4 9:29pm
  ArtokAya
Max Career:ArchitectureAlchemist
Skill Challenge 1:  Celebrity (Charisma)  Master Alchemist
Skill Challenge 2:  BrushmasterExcellent Elixirs
Unique Best Friend:  Linda RodgersMaya Wang
Unique Happiness Reward:    No Bills EverFlying Vaccuum
Collection: 4 sketches1 sketch
Travel time:  3 days - Chinanone

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 03:06:05 PM »
Very nice! Will Artok and Aya stay together long enough to produce all the necessary drones? (I'm worried about his pink hearts and her drawing.) Seriously, though, you're off to a good start.

Incidentally, in your first post, you refer to this chapter as Midnight Falls. You might want to change that.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 03:08:02 PM »
I am really enjoying this cannot wait to see the droneboos!

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 06:12:33 PM »
Very nice! Will Artok and Aya stay together long enough to produce all the necessary drones? (I'm worried about his pink hearts and her drawing.) Seriously, though, you're off to a good start.

Heehee - yes, they are in it for the long haul - together!  They'll have that Faithful Reputation in no time!

Incidentally, in your first post, you refer to this chapter as Midnight Falls. You might want to change that.

Thank you - that makes me shake my head and wonder what I was thinking . . . almost as if some outside force was controlling my fingers on the keyboard.  Weird.  :-)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 06:15:11 PM »
I am really enjoying this cannot wait to see the droneboos!

Rachel

I'm so glad you're enjoying it.  "Droneboos" -  :D  I like that - more appropriate for this than nooboos and gentler and friendlier than "drones". 

anything