Author Topic: The Grey Random Town Jump-The Final Town (May 1)-COMPLETE  (Read 25556 times)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
The Grey Random Town Jump-The Final Town (May 1)-COMPLETE
« on: October 01, 2016, 04:58:36 PM »
Hello everyone! With the conclusion of the Sakura 4x4, it's a time for a new project! This time around, I have a Random Town Jump. I was trying to do everything randomly, so, in addition to the traits being random, the next town was also selected randomly. I also did have a story progression mod on to keep things interesting. Also, as with all of the rest of my stories, there will be a name theme. What better name theme is there for a RTJ than places?

For the first town, I rolled...Moonlight Falls!

Now, let's meet our founders.

This is Odessa Grey.

Her traits are: Over-Emotional, Irresistible, Natural Cook, Savvy Sculptor and Ambitious. Odessa's Lifetime Wish is to become a Culinary Librarian.

Odessa's hubby is named Chandler Grey.

His traits are: Social Butterfly, Loves the Outdoors, Daredevil, Eco-Friendly and Athletic. Chandler's Lifetime Wish is to Become an Astronaut.

The first order of business for the happy couple was to work on bringing in the first potential candidate for heir. Each generation will be having at least two kids so that way I can decide between the two. Plus, it would be fun to hear from all of you lovely readers on who you would pick as the potential heir when it comes time to choose!

Afterward, Chandler got signed up for a job at the local military base and then began working on his athletic skills.

Odessa, meanwhile, met a bunch of the neighbors who had come to welcome the Greys to the neighborhood.

The couple enjoyed a nice dinner together before heading off to bed. It was the first of many, many meals that Odessa would be preparing while working toward her LTW of Culinary Librarian.

Being dirt poor, the Greys needed some additional sources of income, so Odessa began a garden of red berry beans.

There was a bit of a hiccup, however, while planting...

Nausea conquered, it was time for breakfast.

Heading back outside to tend to the garden after breakfast, Odessa discovered that the first potential heir was on the way!

Chandler was certainly in for a surprise when Odessa broke the news to him.

Chandler: Hey, great job, Odessa! *thumbs up*

The next few days were nothing but skilling and work so let's fast forward>>>>>ah, here we are! While tending her garden, Odessa went into labor.

It's off to the hospital we go, yay! After a bit, the first Grey-boo was welcomed into the family. Kingston Grey was born with the Brave and Disciplined traits.

The house they lived in was quite small, so Kingston and his future sibling would be sharing this room. For now, it wasn't too claustrophobic.

It was very apparent that this was Odessa's first child, as she didn't get how the whole crib thing worked...

Odessa: Don't worry, Watcher! I've got this under control.
Malley: Says the woman standing in the crib.

By some miracle Kingston made it to his toddler birthday. I was really looking forward to seeing what genetics he would end up with, as I did custom hair and eyes for both Odessa and Chandler.

Kingston is a perfect mix! He got Chandler's hair (which actually has black highlights, though the picture in CAS of Chandler didn't show them because I added them afterward...) and Odessa's eyes. Such a cutie-pie!

Hope you enjoyed the first installment of The Grey RTJ! See you next time!!

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
Re: The Grey Random Town Jump- Moonlight Falls, Part I (Oct 1)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 05:43:47 PM »
Kingston will grow up around all sorts of interesting sims in Moonlight Falls! 

Glitches like you had with the crib are always so funny. Sims just love to break the laws of physics.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nienor

• Still working on the history chapter...
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 02:18:52 AM »
I really enjoyed that. Kingston is so cute (maybe that's why Odessa walked into the crib, she was distracted by his cuteness!)
I like the naming theme too. Good luck for future updates!
If you're bored, try my Perfect Genetics Legacy thingy.
Deidre McMillan's (DV Maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty
If you're not, go and read the Silmarillion, until you are bored, then read my story.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 09:57:26 AM »
Nice start! I've bookmarked. I always get such a kick out of seeing someone play my RTJ.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 05:53:12 PM »
Kingston is adorable!!  Of course, he's also going to believe anything is possible given that his mom literally stood in the crib while holding him  :=)

Offline Nimrod Mikkusu

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 08:36:45 AM »
Yeah. This seems to be shaping up into a nice story. With many supernatural and other stuff. Through randomizing traits and towns you end up with unique and interesting stories and personalities that you won't get otherwise. And mixed-town sims often end up looking really good and unique.  ;) Like, at the end they've got, say, an eye color from Riverwiew, hair color from Hidden Springs, skin color from Lucky Palms, ear\cheek\chin shape from Sunlit Tides, mouth from Dragon Valley, nose from Aurora Skies, eye shape from Monte Vista, and body shape from Midnight Hollow, for example.

I want to make a RTJ where I don't only randomize the towns, but I also randomize whatever family\household I start with between all premade sims, as it should be. (Like, for moonlight falls you write the household\family names such as Nix, Wolff, Goodfellow, Van Gould, MacDuff, Ivy, Durwood, Goth... and use the randomizer to shuffle 'em up) But, RTJ featuring CAS sims are also cool with me, although to me that stuff should mostly be premade-based eventually!  ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 09:55:26 PM »
Great start and good luck with this RTJ . Can't wait to see the babies grow up. And it was hilarious to see Odessa stuck in the crib. Looks like she is over protecting her children . Bookmarked and waiting for next update.

Sent from my Micromax A94 using Tapatalk

Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 09:57:12 PM »
Kingston will grow up around all sorts of interesting sims in Moonlight Falls! 

Glitches like you had with the crib are always so funny. Sims just love to break the laws of physics.

I've heard of parents co-sleeping with their babes, but not in the crib.

I really enjoyed that. Kingston is so cute (maybe that's why Odessa walked into the crib, she was distracted by his cuteness!)
I like the naming theme too. Good luck for future updates!

Kingston is adorable!!  Of course, he's also going to believe anything is possible given that his mom literally stood in the crib while holding him  :=)

Great start and good luck with this RTJ . Can't wait to see the babies grow up. And it was hilarious to see Odessa stuck in the crib. Looks like she is over protecting her children . Bookmarked and waiting for next update.

Sent from my Micromax A94 using Tapatalk

Thankfully, Odessa seems to get the hang of that whole parenting thing by the time the second kid comes around.

Nice start! I've bookmarked. I always get such a kick out of seeing someone play my RTJ.

Thanks for creating such an awesome challenge! I hope you enjoy my play through :)

Yeah. This seems to be shaping up into a nice story. With many supernatural and other stuff. Through randomizing traits and towns you end up with unique and interesting stories and personalities that you won't get otherwise. And mixed-town sims often end up looking really good and unique.  ;) Like, at the end they've got, say, an eye color from Riverwiew, hair color from Hidden Springs, skin color from Lucky Palms, ear\cheek\chin shape from Sunlit Tides, mouth from Dragon Valley, nose from Aurora Skies, eye shape from Monte Vista, and body shape from Midnight Hollow, for example.

I want to make a RTJ where I don't only randomize the towns, but I also randomize whatever family\household I start with between all premade sims, as it should be. (Like, for moonlight falls you write the household\family names such as Nix, Wolff, Goodfellow, Van Gould, MacDuff, Ivy, Durwood, Goth... and use the randomizer to shuffle 'em up) But, RTJ featuring CAS sims are also cool with me, although to me that stuff should mostly be premade-based eventually!  ::)

That's one of the things I'm loving about this challenge. It's awesome to be able to cram as many original townie genes into one family as possible. You certainly get some interesting looking sims!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 10:19:31 PM »
Moonlight Falls, Part II

WARNING: This chapter will be filled with adorable toddler spam. Read at your own risk of a cuteness overload. You have been warned  ;D

Chandler got started on teaching Kingston his toddler skills on his day off from the military.

Kingston didn't seem too into it, though.

And now, toddler spam!

Is this kid not absolutely adorable?

Odessa and Chandler certainly thought so!

Despite the odor wafting from Chandler, the happy couple went about bringing in the second potential candidate for heir.

Were they successful? You'll have to wait to find out!

In the meantime, Kingston continued making progress on his toddler skills.

Apparently, Odessa was having a toddler cuteness overload...or was she?

Odessa: Bathroom!
*Runs off*
...okay...let's move on, then.

More toddler cuteness, since Kingston's baby days were coming to a close.

There was a brief interruption, however, when Odessa received confirmation that baby #2 was on the way!

I don't really have a caption for this one other than the fact that it just struck me as funny.

Odessa, apparently, laughed so hard that it sparked her labor.

Odessa: I wonder what to make for lunch today?
Maid: OMG WHATDOIDO?

After a bit, Odessa and Chandler welcomed little Havana into the family. Her traits were Perceptive and Insane.

A short time later, it was time for Kingston's child birthday.

But wait! There's more! Havana had her birthday right after Kingston.

What will they look like? Who will Havana take after? Since we've hit the 25 photo limit, you'll have to wait until next time to find out!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Grey Random Town Jump- Moonlight Falls, Part II (Oct 6)
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 07:59:18 AM »
It was so kind of the maid to come over and freak out to help make the delivery go more smoothly.  Ah Sims  :=)
Can't wait to see little Havana as a child!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2016, 08:23:03 AM »
That muscle shirt is the bane of many a Generation lol and I got a kick out of the "armpit" hold that sometimes happens when taking babies to the cake :-)
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Nimrod Mikkusu

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 01:49:39 PM »
That muscle shirt is the bane of many a Generation lol and I got a kick out of the "armpit" hold that sometimes happens when taking babies to the cake :-)

Muscle shirts can add to a character. It fits some sims. Saw it a long time ago on a Pokémon themed legacy if I remember correctly.  ;)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2016, 12:59:24 PM »
It was so kind of the maid to come over and freak out to help make the delivery go more smoothly.  Ah Sims  :=)
Can't wait to see little Havana as a child!

There was definitely a nice combination of genetics in this generation, which you'll see in this chapter.

There's an even better glitch coming up in this installment :)

Muscle shirts can add to a character. It fits some sims. Saw it a long time ago on a Pokémon themed legacy if I remember correctly.  ;)

Muscle shirts can definitely work for some sims, but I find more often that not that that's what my child sims age up into  ::) And a pokemon legacy sounds amazing.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2016, 01:27:04 PM »
Moonlight Falls, Part III

In the last chapter, both Kingston and Havana had their birthdays, but their makeovers had to wait due to reaching the picture limit. So, here is the long awaited wardrobe update!

First, Kingston.

For this birthday, Kingston gained the Hydrophobic trait. *shrugs* Could be worse, I guess.

Next up was Havana. I love how the genetics were distributed in this generation. Kingston got Chandler's hair, but Odessa's eyes and face shape. Havana, on the other hand, got Odessa's hair and Chandler's eyes and face.

With Havana as a toddler, it was time to start working on her toddler skills.

And, for once, there was a parent teaching his child to talk without doing so in front of a fuming potty. Way to go, Chandler!

No fuming potty, but weird contortions for teaching Havana how to walk...

Apparently, my sims have a thing for the sandbox. I mean, the Matsuri's were playing in it when I updated my other story  :)

Kingston was a good kid. He would help out around the house, even willingly changing the dreaded potty.

He also liked to play with his sister, which was too cute for words.

But, when Kingston was at school, Havana was able to find other ways to occupy herself.

I know you're tired, Chandler, but we need to do the obligatory Attack of the Claw shot.

Despite being busy with work and kids, Odessa and Chandler still found time to spend together.

On her days off, Odessa took Havana out in her stroller and she loved every minute of it.

Ah...glitchiness...

The score is Odessa glitch, 2; Chandler glitch, 1...

Glitches aside, it was time for more birthdays! Havana was celebrating her child birthday and Kingston was celebrating his teen birthday.

...Aaaannnddd, we've reached our picture limit again...whoops! Outfit and trait updates in the next chapter  ;D