Author Topic: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 67- The End!/Heir Recap (Jan 20)-COMPLETE!  (Read 100428 times)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Hello everyone! I am back with a new project, a townie decadynasty. I have actually already completed one but that one was an epic fail. It had bugs and glitches starting back in generation 1, but I was determined to finish it. I did after working on it for a year and a half because that computer is slower than molasses finish and decided to try another attempt. You know, one that didn't fill me with dread at the thought of playing it. I started a new one but then put that on hold and played some other projects. I went back to it after completing my 4x4 but it froze on me about three times in two days. So, not wanting to have another repeat of the epic fail that was my original Jolina DecaDynasty, I scrapped that attempt and started fresh. With that, I am pleased to present my new deca attempt. I have no story unlike my other dynasties, so it will mostly be me narrating or watcher/sim narration. I now present to you: Third Time's the Charm: A DecaDynasty! Enjoy!!!  ;D

Chapter 1: Meet the Founder

Welcome to Third Time's the Charm: A DecaDynasty! This attempt at a deca will be taking place in the lovely world that is Isla Paradiso. I chose this town because of two reasons: I found a townie that I like and also because it snowed where I live the other day and I really, really want nice weather so I decided to get my fill via the Sims. Anyway, here are our three candidates for founder of my new decadynasty:

On the left, we have Rei Matsuri. In the middle, Hinni Hashini and, last but not least, we have Karlie Goldberg on the right. So, ladies, any volunteers?

Hinni: Volunteers for what? Committing myself and my descendants to a life of requirements and doing things that no sim in their right mind would ever willingly do?
Malley: Pretty much, yeah.
*Silence*
Malley: Come on, it won't be that bad. Just ask Jamie Jolina and her descendants. They survived being in a decadynasty.
Karlie: Yeah, Hinni. It might be fun!
Malley: Karlie's right, Hinni. It might be fun probably not.
Hinni: Okay, okay. So, say I become this founder person, my lifetime wish is to do a lot of travelling and exploring; will I get to do all of that?
Malley: Let me consult the rules...No.
Hinni: I'm out.
Malley: Rei? Any thoughts?
Rei: I just want to have a family and complete my life's dream, The Tinkerer.
Malley: I'm sold. Rei Matsuri, come on down!

After Hinni got the boot, our lovely Rei got a makeover. The next thing on the list was to get in touch with her man candy, Harley Greenwood.

Harley: Hi honey, what's new?
Rei: Well...*proceeds to explain about the decadynasty*
Harley:...is that all?
Rei: Yes.
Harley: And I thought me changing my wardrobe was a big life changer. You win.

After a random change of clothes, Rei began to put the moves on Harley.

Harley moved in and then the two made it official.

Harley: *squeeee*...ahem, I mean, of course I'll marry you, Rei.

Harley and Rei got married right then and there.

Malley: I now pronounce you, Mr. and Mrs. Matsuri.
Harley: Wait, Matsuri?
Malley: That's how things work in a dynasty, buddy. Get used to it.
Harley: Right on, I guess.

While the newlyweds made out, Karlie Goldberg got a tiny makeover. Her outfit was actually pretty nice, so I just changed her hairstyle and then made her shorts a darker color. I decided that Karlie was going to stay in the household and help out with the dynasty by help, I mean she's going to be the tombstone.

Karlie: Wait, what?
Malley: Oh, nothing.

Along with Karlie, our new household member, Harley, got a makeover as well.

Not too shabby.

After that, Rei and Harley got to work on bringing in the first heir.

...Let's give them some privacy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Third Time's the Charm: A DecaDynasty- Chapter 1- Meet the Founder
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 07:02:36 PM »
I liked your makeover of Rei.  Looking forward to seeing how this decadynasty goes.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 05:57:26 AM »
Brave of you to choose Isla Paradiso  :o

I love the bright, island themed colours for the makeovers.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 08:08:03 AM »
Good luck playing in Isla Paradiso! My computer always crashes when I play there. I think Karlie looks like Agnes Crumplebottom.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 12:51:51 PM »
So glad to see another Malley dynasty! I'll be reading.

Aww, thanks  ;D

I liked your makeover of Rei.  Looking forward to seeing how this decadynasty goes.

I like Rei a lot. She's really pretty and she has pretty good traits.

Brave of you to choose Isla Paradiso  :o

I love the bright, island themed colours for the makeovers.

Good luck playing in Isla Paradiso! My computer always crashes when I play there. I think Karlie looks like Agnes Crumplebottom.

I really like Isla Paradiso. I've played there before in my first life states dynasty and things went pretty smoothly. Generation 1 is a YA in game, so *knock on wood* so far so good!

And yes, Karlie really does look like Agnes  :o

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 03:22:13 PM »
I didn't get a chance to mention in the first chapter that I will be doing another name theme. For decadynasties, I use the theme of colors. The first household will have a Red colored theme.

Chapter 2- Flames and Chemicals

Welcome back to the next installment of the Matsuri-Greenwood DecaDynasty. Here we find Harley outside in his jammies working on what will soon be a garden filled with red berry beans. Those are great money makers and Harley will also need to learn the gardening skill because he applied for a job at the science center. Since he was already into fishing (his LTW is Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium), I figured why not join the science career?

Malley: Hi Rei, what are you up to?
Rei: ...
Malley: ...we'll talk later...

Ah, much better. Rei is no longer, let's say, occupied. So, let's try this again.
Malley: Hi Rei, what are you up to?
Rei: I'm working on my logic skill for my lifetime wish.

Rei's scientific pursuits were temporarily put on hold, however, when we discovered that generation 1 was on the way!

Malley: Um, Rei?
Rei: Yes?
Malley: Should you, you know, really be playing with dangerous chemicals while you're pregnant?
Rei: It's safer than what Karlie is up to.
Malley: ?

Of course, what Karlie is doing is burning the kitchen down.

So, the fire alarm was tripped and the fire department deployed some of Isla Paradiso's finest to come and rescue our fair Karlie... in actuality, however, it was the other way around. The fireman watched as Karlie rescued him from being engulfed in flames.

Karlie: Either help me or move out of my way!
Fireman Paco: Hey, you're kind of cute...

Paco must have seriously thought Karlie was cute because he called her out on a date the next day  :o

Anyway, back to business. Rei was working upstairs on her mechanical skill when she went into labor.

After some sparkles, we had a cute little boy join the household. Everyone welcome the first heir to the Matsuri-Greenwood Dynasty, Mahogany. He has the Genius and Loves the Outdoors traits.

After playing on the medium lifespan in the 4x4 dynasty, I forgot how long the normal lifespan was. So, Mahogany's baby days dragged on for me. The family was great with the little guy, though.

Everyone was quite taken with Mahogany, so everyone (especially me) was extremely excited when it came time for his toddler birthday. I was really looking forward to see who he would look like more: Rei or Harley.

Of course, Mahogany ages up bald so I have to wait even longer to find out...

But I soon found out that he was Harley's clone. What a cutie!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 2- Flames and Chemicals (April 29)
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 10:20:52 AM »
He is so cute, even if he is a clone of his father. Silly firemen, lol.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 06:44:44 PM »
Paco's right, Karlie is a cutie.  You know, she could have a Baby with Paco to make sure you perpetuate those excellent Karlie genes for future generations.  It's a possibility.
Mahogany is a cool name and an adorable little kiddo!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 06:51:36 PM »
I see more of his mum in him than you might...he actually could blend in with his distant Greenwood relatives in Twinbrook just fine too. What a cutie!

Grats on keeping this board alive as well. ;)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 11:49:07 AM »
He is so cute, even if he is a clone of his father. Silly firemen, lol.

He grows up to be a really handsome young man  :D

Paco's right, Karlie is a cutie.  You know, she could have a Baby with Paco to make sure you perpetuate those excellent Karlie genes for future generations.  It's a possibility.
Mahogany is a cool name and an adorable little kiddo!

Karlie will get to be a momma, which you'll see soon. I really like the name Mahogany. My usual red color go to name is Maroon, but I use that too much so I tried to pick something different this time.

I see more of his mum in him than you might...he actually could blend in with his distant Greenwood relatives in Twinbrook just fine too. What a cutie!

Grats on keeping this board alive as well. ;)

Oh, for sure, Mahogany has bits of Rei in him but I think that Gen. 2 looks more like her. And I have no life I'm on summer vacation from college so I have time to play at night :)

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2015, 10:00:38 AM »
Another Malley dynasty! I'm glad.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 05:59:39 PM »
Chapter 3- A Brother for My Birthday

Welcome to chapter three of the Matsuri Greenwood Dynasty. Rei got started with Mahogany on his toddler skills while Harley was out at work and Karlie was out fishing. We started with potty training.

Rei started teaching Mahogany how to speak after that.

Of course, Rei did all the hard work while Harley had all of the fun.
Harley: It's the ATTACK OF THE CLAW!

Harley was off to work so it was back to toddler training for Rei and Mahogany. The last thing that Mahogany needed to accomplish was learning how to walk.

And here is some adorable toddler spam. Why? Why not!

So now that Mahogany was caught up with his toddler skills, Rei returned outside to continue working on her logic skill. Plus, that would come in handy to tutor Mahogany for school.

Malley: Hey there, Karlie. What's up?
Karlie: ...shhh...I'm in my fishing zone...
Malley: ...Okay, have fun with that.

So, back at home, Rei began tutoring Harley in the handiness skill. I'm not really sure if Harley was listening or if he was just being a dutiful husband and nodding occasionally as his wife went on about trees. How that relates to the handiness skill? Not a clue.

In more exciting news, it was time for Mahogany's child birthday.

Here is little Mahogany. He gained the Angler trait. With so many fishermen/women in the house, how could he not?

So, for Mahogany's birthday, he got a special present. A brother! Well, sort of.

Okay, so it was not actually a brother for Mahogany. Karlie called the adoption service and adopted a young boy. Sticking with the red color theme for this household, I named him Brick.

After he moved in, Brick promptly got a makeover.

Even though they're not related, Brick and Mahogany do look a lot alike. Brick did come with the custom spiceberry eyes that I used for another dynasty. They're Mahogany's favorite color, so how could they not become best friends?

See what I mean?

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Third Time's the Charm: Chapter 3- A Brother for My Birthday (May 4)
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 06:03:24 PM »
*snorts* Brick, poor boy! I think Rei had more fun, teaching toddlers is great work.