Author Topic: The Aurora Legacy - chapter 25. Moving in, moving out, moving on...  (Read 41155 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Legacy
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2014, 10:32:21 AM »
Britta looks remarkably like her mom in that hugging photo.  Just curious, are you rolling kid traits when they're born and again at each birthday?  I haven't quite gotten the hang of the generator yet.

I also love Melker's pink flip flops.  Kid wears what he wants.

I'm rolling each birthday, and so far I have gone with the aspiration they get as well. When I start getting duplicates I will re-roll, at least the traits, aspirations I might start choosing if there is one I want a particular sim to do.

Melker's generated wardrpbe was awesome, he had the vest in all possible outfits, I especially loved how he had the orange and pink one with flipflops! for formal. I decided not to show off outfits, but he almost warranted a special show. Annoying how we can't take screenshots in CAS anymore - at least I am not able to.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2014, 03:46:01 PM »
10. Better memories this time around

"Boys always make the best friends!"
-Cia Aurora (cited from The 3rd Immortal)

Britta is working hard on becoming a social butterfly. She's halfway through her aspiration, just like Melker and it seems like she's looking at it as a competition - or is she? Yesterday she spend the entire afternoon talking to him when he was working on his typing. I guess Lucas has less time for her nowadays when he has a guitar to keep him company. Besides, Melker is no longer allowed to spend un-monitored time outside, at least not till he becomes a teen. He may not know what a cougar is (Mrs Caliente I'm talking to you) but I sure do.

Look at this charming fellow, he's the new maid I got as a promotional present. No, the company didn't supply him, though if you know a company who offers that perk let me know and I'm completely open to changing my job.

So far he has been very prompt, cleans even if we aren't at home and on the days we have the place in reasonable order he doesn't even charge us.

The weekend is really the time we have to spend as a family and when it does we really have fun together - or at least adjacent to each other.

Lucas is doing well learning the guitar and has now advanced to country music, something that is most pleasant to the Watcher's ears. He wanted to earn money from his craft and so we all set of to spend the day at the park. He promptly started playing close to the crosswalk, because he had read on musical forums that it's where sims tip the best. I don't think he will get rich from tips, but he did manage to get the full 100 simoleons before we went home.

Brycen spent most of the day just snuggling and even making out - Melker and Britta  said we were kind of gross and wandered off to do their own thing. At least we aren't picking fights this time around...

All that time chatting had made Melker and Britta close, so when she needed a BFF for her aspiration requirements he insisted on it being him. Look at her happy face!

And what do you know, as soon as they declared BFF status there were loads of kids running all over the pirate ship. It's nice to know we aren't the only parents who drop their kids of and take of for some private time.

While pretending to monitor Britta's and Melker's playtime we proceeded to have a really nice outing in the park. It was good for us to take this time to work on our relationship after the rocky couple of days. It was also nice to just sit and observe the people around us, there hasn't been much time for that so far in this legacy.

All that time in front of the computer seems to have helped Melker with his motor skill, he now has no trouble to get from one side of the monkey bars to the other.

Britta soon got a good group of new friends going, and hasn't stopped talking about maybe inviting them all over to our house since. Maybe we will have a kids party - is that even a thing?

BTW, that old lady in the background is my enemy - she was the old lady who beat me up the other night. Notice how cool I am about this, not even bothering to go over to her with a hand buzzer. I think some of those kids might be living with her, I'll probably have to go all Stepford wife on her - I'll out nice her for sure. Oh the sacrifices I make for my children's future (and my own).

Britta made one friend for real today, his name is Cody and he's a little charmer. Geeky she said he was too, that all right in my book - I play video games at work.

*I am a little annoyed about the loading screens and being unable to manage sims in multiple locations. I realize I might have a wee little issue with control...so my poor sims all end up spending time together everywhere.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2014, 04:10:51 PM »
Not sure if you've discovered this, but the lightning bolt symbol on inactive sim icons will allow you to instruct them on how to manage their time while you're not directly controlling them.  That can be a great help.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2014, 04:31:56 PM »
Not sure if you've discovered this, but the lightning bolt symbol on inactive sim icons will allow you to instruct them on how to manage their time while you're not directly controlling them.  That can be a great help.

I have tried it, but I find that they don't spend their time that constructively, and rarely continue doing what I set them to do during the whole time. For example, if I ask a sim to sleep, they will be up and running by the time I get home with their energy bar barely half full. Maybe it's a bug in my game, but I don't really trust this feature to do what it's told,

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2014, 07:34:42 PM »
I love the backstory for your founder.  I didn't see that legacy, but I'm really enjoying this one!

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2014, 08:41:20 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of the loading screens and not being able to control sims in multiple locations either. But I work around it. They just don't leave the house very often XD Either way, great update! I really love seeing Emalie(?), and her life. I did really love her character in the dynasty, and it's really cool to see her come more to life here!

Offline Manicanikum

• Nooboo
  • Rock on
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2014, 09:03:10 AM »
Reading and following your Legacy has inspired me to create my own. I can't wait to see what happens next with this. when I am feeling a little braver I might post my own legacy up. I am getting to much more enjoyment out of my game through playing it this way and your story in particular has helped. So Thankyou  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2014, 01:54:36 PM »
I love the backstory for your founder.  I didn't see that legacy, but I'm really enjoying this one!

Thanks, it wasn't a legacy but a Immortal Dynasty - a challenge created by Metorman on this site. You can find a link to it in my signature if you are interested. There are lots of really good ts3 Immortal Dynasty stories to read if you find yourself bored sometime (check the completed dynasty post in share your stories on the ts3 part of the forum).

I'm not a huge fan of the loading screens and not being able to control sims in multiple locations either. But I work around it. They just don't leave the house very often XD Either way, great update! I really love seeing Emalie(?), and her life. I did really love her character in the dynasty, and it's really cool to see her come more to life here!

Lol, I am such a homebody too! But the game is new and shiny, and sometimes there just aren't a wealth of sims milling around outside your door when you need to meet someone, so I try to go and see places sometimes. Even if it means my poor sim kids get to witness all kinds of stuff they weren't meant to...

It's so much fun to play with Emelie again, I tried a 4x4 dynasty with her, but the file got corrupted so that was not successful - she had a very good life though, with Sylvester Crumplebottom! Emelie is such a dear sim to me, both because she was the spare in my ID, and because she had the mix of Klara's and VJ's genetics that Selma lacked.

Reading and following your Legacy has inspired me to create my own. I can't wait to see what happens next with this. when I am feeling a little braver I might post my own legacy up. I am getting to much more enjoyment out of my game through playing it this way and your story in particular has helped. So Thankyou  ;D

Go for it! You learn so much about the game through playing with a legacy structure. I would love to see what your sims come up with in game. If you don't want to do a big writing project just posting simple updates about how your sims are working towards their goals is also a good way to start.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2014, 03:01:37 AM »
Little Britta resembles her mother so much, she is such a sweet little kid. I'm really enjoying reading through your legacy story. I just don't have the staying power to do a legacy as I get so bored after about three generations!  :-\
I'm in awe of anyone who completes a legacy. It must take so much time and effort playing through all the requirements and then writing and posting a story and screenshots!!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2014, 05:06:00 AM »
Little Britta resembles her mother so much, she is such a sweet little kid. I'm really enjoying reading through your legacy story. I just don't have the staying power to do a legacy as I get so bored after about three generations!  :-\
I'm in awe of anyone who completes a legacy. It must take so much time and effort playing through all the requirements and then writing and posting a story and screenshots!!

Yes Britta is rather similar to Emelie, which is both good and bad, I was hoping for more of a mix.

It does take staying power, but writing a story makes it easier for me to stay with the same family, and if I don't have a challenge to use as a framework I just burn out on a family/sim often even before their life is through, so it's actually made me keep to the same sims longer.

On another note - weekend! I'm so excited I get to sim most of today :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2014, 06:07:37 AM »
11. Promised

"We found love as teens, and haven't looked back since."
-Selma Aurora (cited from the 2nd Immortal)

Wohoo - it's still the fastest way to raise the fun bar...but now when Brycen is an elder is also raises my alarm bells, too much exertion, might kill him - so we are keeping it to once a night. Brycen is not as worried as me because "what a way to die"...

Now that Lucas is a teen he is required to do more chores around the house. Leaky faucets is not his friend. My poor little dreamer, he would rather play on his guitar than earn his keep.

I am determined that Brycen shall complete his aspiration before he dies, he has brought so much happiness to my life that his deserves to succeed.

Since the lounge is the place to go once you turn an elder that's where we have our dates these days. We were exhausted and nervous about what the kids were up to - but it was nice to get some private time anyway.

Note the man with a questionable choice in headgear behind us...

Another sim who choose to don a hat was Asa (remember him from my spouse fishing days?). Maybe he's into Assassins Creed or has just joined the Stormcloak rebellion - either way, I'm glad I chose Brycen.

Here's a pic of us going home from our date, exhausted and needing to pee - the story of our life...

Since joining the journasit branch of the writers career Brycen has been dressing very smartly when he's off to work (considering he's mostly in his PJ's at home - bad watcher!). It suits his personality so well, and is really a good look for an elder sim, my heart flutters.

I had to put this picture here because it shows just how much of a teenager Lucas is now. Always checking his phone, even if he's supposedly spending quality time with his dad and siblings. I wonder who's sending him messages?

Britta and Melker have developed a curious habit of doing their homework on the bathroom floor, blooking it from use for anyone else. Most peculiar.

Today when Britta's friend Cody came over there was an unfortunate incident. He walk in on Brycen in the shower. Then he ran home crying... Poor Brycen was most uncomfortable for the rest of the night.

Aha! I now know why Lucas was on the phone constantly. He's interested in a girl! Tonight after we had all gone to bed I could hear hims frantically cleaning the living area - and then the doorbell rang.

Her name is Mika Susa and I think they met at school. She's outgoing and loves the outdoors, so they might also have met in the park while Lucas was out hunting for tips.

In  true Aurora fashion I was keeping a discreet eye on their "date" - hello they are teens! Don't I look innocent...

I think Lukas has been asking Brycen for pointers because he sure was smooth...

Mika never stood a chance, and now I have a potential daughter in law. Good, having grandchildren is something I'm looking forward too.

*I love that sims start wearing weird cloth combos - I was never annoyed by that in ts3 but always found it amusing (as long as it wasn't my sims) so I am happy it's back in ts4. Like many I also seems to have a strong gathering of elders in the lounge - strange...

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2014, 09:41:19 AM »

Luckily I have a new love in my life that can satisfy me and make me happy several times a day. The new trashcan recycles and gives me back money every time I leave my scrapings there. I love you trashcan! May your reign be glorious and long.

Ah yes, love that magic bin! I'm eager to see how you marry off your spares.  I'm enjoying the antics of the Auroras very much!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2014, 10:46:11 AM »
Wow! Elders look so much better than in TS3. Brycen doesn't even have a bulby nose.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2014, 10:53:37 AM »
Yes, elders are way more realistic in ts4. He has gained a lot of weight though, and his hips are wider, but that might just be the home cooking and his inability to exercise for a longer time now that he is older.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2014, 11:29:32 AM »
12. Deserted streets

"Invite a bunch of random sims, call it a party and voila! Friends. That's how I roll."
- Klara Aurora (cited from The 1st Immortal)

To help me in my aspiration the watcher has bought a crafting table. All I need to do is stand there while one of the kids color and say "oooh that's nice" or "have you tried some glitter - you can't go wrong with glitter". It's a piece of cake! Besides, if I leave the room for a second and come back in while they are still working it even counts as mentoring them twice! My children the artistic prodigies - or not...

I had a burning ambition to own an observatory. I had kept it for several game weeks, ever since I was pregnant with Melker. One day the observatory appeared in the backyard! Oh joy!

Two days later the evil watcher put it in the family inventory where it ranks up the bills but never gives me any amusement. Sadly my dream of becoming an astronomer must die.

Britta has spent the last couple of days working on her last step in becoming a social butterfly. She hogs my computer constantly chatting to kids she met at the park to make new besties.

With a promotion comes new responsibilities, and Brycen now has to interview sims and write articles about them. Just our luck that the streets are deserted. Brycen spent an entire afternoon eating cake and waiting around to see if someone would walk by. No such luck - drastic measures are needed.

In desperation he went next door to interview the neighbors. There was a heated argument between the husband and wife so he left pretty quick once he got what he wanted.

A neat thing about Brycen's interview skill is that he now can find out anyone's traits by just interviewing them about their life. This is bound to come in handy one way or another...

Thanks to out higher income we could afford to buy the most comfortable and expensive beds to the whole family. It feels strange to say that the four beds costed more than the entire house we built...

We have now come to the point that we no longer care if our guests see us in our PJ's. We are just happy that they come over so Brycen can interview them. Also, when the kids aren't around we don't feel the need to pretend to be grownups you know...

We went back to the lounge for our 3rd date that would bring Brycen so much closer to the aspirations completion. This time we went during our day off and when the kids were in school - so much less stressful, and less exhausting for us.

The man with the hotdog hat was there, seems he's a regular.

One gold date and eighty or so romantic interactions later we just need 50 more romantic interactions and his aspiration is complete. We celebrated with the only kind of passion that doesn't give my dear hubby the exhausted moodlet...

...and then we brought all the people at the lounge to our house to celebrate. Honestly, it's like we can kidnap people and force them to hang out at our house. Well, we can't force them to stay, but we can force them to come over in the first place. Operation "Brycen will get this interview" is in play.

IN a foreshadowing of what was to come, Melker is the only child of ours who autonomously choose to play with the doll house.

Melker: *girls voice* But darling, we really need new drapes - just look at this place!

Hey, watch the TV! Oh well, I guess Mika is over again. She is sure spending a lot of time at our house these days.

At least she is helping Lucas work on his aspiration, here he is serenading her and completing the second step of the musical genius aspiration. I'm not sure if she digs it though...

anything