Author Topic: The Aurora Legacy - chapter 25. Moving in, moving out, moving on...  (Read 41142 times)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Aurora Legacy
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2014, 12:08:08 PM »
I have been following your legacy from the start. It inspired me to start my own legacy attempt.

I love your family. They seem such a close and warm bunch.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2014, 12:10:32 PM »
I have been following your legacy from the start. It inspired me to start my own legacy attempt.

I love your family. They seem such a close and warm bunch.

Good luck on your legacy :)

The whole family is very close, I think it has something to do with the multi-tasking ability and their new found ability to eat in front of the TV together - constantly eating in front of the TV. Hence the weight gain I suppose.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2014, 03:34:48 PM »
13. What glitch? I thought it was great!

"I disregarded all that happened and went to my 'happy' place."
- Klara Aurora (cited from The 1st Immortal)

Today is a double whammy of a birthday bash. I prepared myself with a refreshing jog (not that refreshing when you consider this is the second time since the beginning of this file that I have done so - my poor aching everything!). But the watcher wanted me to look my best, and in order to prepare myself for our communication time I wanted to put my best foot forward.

Deciding on some change of pace we went to the park in Oasis Springs this time. Some townie brought the green horns while Melker blew out his candles.

Que the unibrow.

Emelie: Might want to change that dear...

Melker: What? I'm smoking, besides I'm not sure I trust your fashion sense....

So, he became a snob...and wants to be a Mansion Baron. 

Unfortunately he also seems to have inherited all the worst features from Brycen and me put together. His nose is particularly strange and his chin as well (especially viewed from the side). But I am sure I can find someone who'll love him despite his faults (and somewhat poor attitude).

The it was my turn to blow out the cake...

I'm skinny again! Without having to exercise more than once!

Watcher: Well, that was strange...

Emelie: No! It was great - what are you doing?

Watcher: Saving and closing the game, I've got dinner to make.

Emelie: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...........

Watcher: Ah, back to normal I see. It must have been a glitch.

Emelie: I hate you right now. Just go away.

Watcher: Aw, don't be like that. We almost never talk.

Emelie: Fine talk while I have some of this delicious cake to chase away my pain.

Watcher: Is that such a good idea if you want to loose...*silence*

Emelie: Take that watcher!

So, the Watcher and me are still not speaking. We'll see about next birthday. My pain was doubled when I had to share cake with my old enemy. At least I was still younger than her...

Britta used the party as an excuse to become the center of attention. It wasn't even her birthday, and she had people flocking around her. To be fair, I was not really cheerful, so I can understand if people kept their distance.

As the day wore on the hunger pangs told Lucas to start grilling. He called Mika and she was right on time to watch him prepare his first meal. He is well on his way to becoming skilled in all the arts a sim needs to survive.

Flirtation is one art he has down pat.

While the rest of us mingled, Melker was checking out his new looks in the bathroom...

Melker: OMG, my mother was right! The brow has got to go! But hey, other than that I'm hot.

Brycen was gathering info on the locals.

Brycen: So, how's married life with Sophia?

Alexander: Who?

Brycen: Oops, sorry wrong Alex...*awkward silence*

Once home Melker changed into new clothes. The unibrow is no more. Instead he insists on wearing a hat at all times, says it's a fashion statement.

The Watcher has done a partial renovation of our home. It is easy to move around in but looks even worse than before. The only upside is that Brycen and me now have an en suite bathroom, and that there is a bar in the living area.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2014, 03:56:55 PM »
[
Brycen: So, how's married life with Sophia?

Alexander: Who?

Brycen: Oops, sorry wrong Alex...*awkward silence*

LOL! Poor Emelie, why won't that negligent watcher provide you with an Insta-Lean potion?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2014, 04:01:16 PM »
I honestly think Hardly hungry will have a more lasting effect. Besides, she's taken up jogging. She'll slim down in a day or two - right? ::)

Offline Disco

• Nooboo
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2014, 04:23:43 AM »
 Saltpastillen. I love your story! I am inspired :) I think I am going to write the Chronicles of Chad Brick. My first hero. Please post the next chapter. I need more ideas.

*waits poised over the refresh button. She is sure to post soon.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2014, 04:19:49 PM »
Saltpastillen. I love your story! I am inspired :) I think I am going to write the Chronicles of Chad Brick. My first hero. Please post the next chapter. I need more ideas.

*waits poised over the refresh button. She is sure to post soon.

Lol - I'm sure you have ideas aplenty. Nice start on your legacy :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2014, 05:18:30 PM »
14. The kids are at work

"Child labor? It's the legacy way."
- Elise Aurora (cited from the 4th Immortal)

After the huge disappointment of the birthday glitch I was resolved to start over. I had a new habit of always jogging before work, and despite doing it for several days nothing was happening. I guess the Watcher gave me a kind of reverse glitch...

Lucas has joined the Barista career and needs to gain mixology skill so he's now making juices left and right. It's a regular cash cow since a §10 drink will net §50 in the trashcan. Keep it coming - we need that extra cash.

The only negative thing is that he goes to work before school (5 am-7 am) so he's had to cut back on his nights with Mika.

Brycen is very happy about the new bar and his private bartender. He claims this is how a sim is supposed to spend his elder days, sipping drinks and hanging out in his PJs.

Since Melker needs to hang 15 pieces of art to advance to the next step in his aspiration, he's taken up painting. He's just started out but he claims his art is top notch.

He also joined the retail career to give the masses better taste. Here he is practicing charisma in order to increase his sales performance. Since he works in the evenings (6 pm - 10 pm) he isn't as close to his siblings as before, but he's closer to his father than ever before and since Brycen has fewer days left I think it's a good thing to prioritize this relationship.

Apparently Melker thinks the social bunny is the height of good taste, since he hasn't painted any other painting since he started...

As Britta works on her social butterfly aspiration she has made a friend that might be her soulmate. He's a super adorable guy that goes by the name Halberd. His trait is listed as active - but the way he acts it should be dramatic. And he has pink frames!
(and green eyes - but that's just something the watcher cares about...)

Just look at the two of them - could it be fate?

Um, Melker maybe you should slow down. Seems all the boys are developing somewhat of a juice habbit. This has lead to a lot more broken toilets - time to level up some handiness.

Here's a pic of Lucas in his work clothes, he looks really good in that hat. Maybe something for a future wardrobe?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2014, 05:29:19 PM »
This is just a pic update to show how the genetics are in the family at the moment.

First Lucas. He's the sim that stole my heart even though I knew he could never be the heir. He's soooo like Emelie, pudgy middle and all. The two features he's inherited from his father are the nose and the dark eyes.

Poor Melker has gotten a real hodgepodge of features. He has a chin that marches to an entirely different drum than anyone else. He has Emelies eye color and nose though. He is also the only sim that has a slimmer frame in the family - I think it's because he has the physically gifted as well as active trait. He also was more active than the others as a child...

It's still hard to see how Britta's features will stretch as she grows. But she carries strong genes from Emelie. The one ting she has from her father is the dark eyes.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2014, 05:31:28 PM »
Halberd *is* an adorable bit of spouse bait, isn't he? Nice chapter!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2014, 06:34:25 PM »
He sure is.

I just squeed when I saw his glasses ;)

I just want to show off my first ever siggy I made...

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2014, 10:32:12 AM »
I can't seem to make heads or tails of the body shape vs. athletics thing either.  I had a super buff cook who never exercised married to my slender, bosomy founder, and both of their daughters are kind of waist-less and squishy, regardless of one of them taking over the garden.  I have a feeling we'll be getting some patches someday soon.

That said, Melker looks attractive straight on, but boy, that profile is unfortunate.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2014, 12:08:20 PM »
I can't seem to make heads or tails of the body shape vs. athletics thing either.  I had a super buff cook who never exercised married to my slender, bosomy founder, and both of their daughters are kind of waist-less and squishy, regardless of one of them taking over the garden.  I have a feeling we'll be getting some patches someday soon.

That said, Melker looks attractive straight on, but boy, that profile is unfortunate.

Yes, the body shapes....still a learning curve as those go. Patches would be great. I am playing un-modded (save for a light mod) for now, we'll see how long that lasts.

I really like Melker's cleft chin, just wish it wasn't so protruding.

anything