Author Topic: The Blackburns In Monte Vista  (Read 19429 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Blackburns In Monte Vista
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 06:11:06 PM »
All your CC looks so nice! And was Emma an original townie?

Not Brooke, but yes she is. Checked Monte Vista's wiki page just to be sure. :)

Anyways, I love your screenshots and the writing style in general. Good job! Getting some attractive heirs and heiresses isn't bad either.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 10:52:03 AM »
Congrats on another completed heir!  Can't wait to see who Tommy takes after  :)

Thank you!  I was a bit mean to poor Tommy, I really dislike playing werewolves and his insane trait drove me mad (pun intended).

All your CC looks so nice! And was Emma an original townie?

Not Brooke, but yes she is. Checked Monte Vista's wiki page just to be sure. :)

Anyways, I love your screenshots and the writing style in general. Good job! Getting some attractive heirs and heiresses isn't bad either.

Trip beat me to it :D The great thing about this challenge is being able to keep original townies around. The Perry sisters are one of my favourite families in Monte Vista so both were eligible but Lucas kept rolling wishes for Emma only.

That means a lot for me, Trip, when you have an amazing way of storytelling. Sims in Monte Vista are all so attractive it was really difficult for me to choose spouses and really frustrated when some moved away very early on.
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 01:00:46 PM »
Tommy Blackburn

Poor Tommy didn't get to spend any time with his brother. His parents would plop him down on the potty until it over spilled and stank up the whole nursery while Merton was trained at a slower pace. Instead of rewards for learning his skills, his father would steal his candy.

Like all the spares before him, Merton got to experience the joys of the spring rider and the cubby house before he got too old for it.

Tommy's first transformation was painful. He was even hairier as a werewolf and he, along with his mother, were banished from the house during full moons to chase away paparazzi and zombies who still hadn't learned their lessons.

Sometimes he just couldn't help himself from scratching up furniture in defiance of his families rules.

Life wasn't so bad when the full moon wasn't around. Tommy was the first Blackburn allowed to make use of the kitchen so they no longer needed to survive on pizza and spoilt food when they weren't dining at the restaurant. He was also keen to take up mixology.

With Tommy came a lot of firsts for Blackburn Manor, other than a stream of burglars every other night Tommy's birthday cake caused a fire and he was right in the middle of it celebrating. There was panicked cries all around and only Spiller was sensible enough to hastily grab a fire extinguisher and put it out.

Having survived another traumatising event in his life Tommy called over Darrel to break up with him. He didn't take it so well until Tommy warned him of the impending full moon before throat-ripping howls escaped from his lips and his werewolf sense took over. He spent the night hunting for tanzanite.

After graduation the hustle and bustle of graduation, Tommy became a self-employed photographer. He had already maxed the skill and was able to take high quality photos of Monte Vista until he got an opportunity to travel to Egypt. He packed his bags and left behind the rainy days of home to be greeted by the desert heat of Al Simhara.

His first shot of The Sphinx was worth almost §4,000 and as he had plenty of film roll left, Tommy went adventuring. But Egypt had its own moon cycle and his roars deep inside the pyramids was loud enough to awaken mummies from their slumber. After a disgraceful defeat he retreated to a lonely campsite until he could be allowed to return home.

There were many parties held at Blackburn Manor where Tommy presided over his bar. Jalissa Rivers had left town which meant the only potential spouse for him was Paloma Giordano. She agreed to move in after an elixir was thrown at her.

As a thanks to his mother for teaching him how to survive through full moons, Tommy named his best quality drink after her. Now that she had moved out with Merton and Zhan, she was back to her old habits of never transforming back into human form. He sighed sadly to her that way.

Tommy tried being friendly with Merton when he hosted an open day at the local museum to show off his photographs. Unfortunately his werewolf hug terrified his brother.

Another trip to Egypt, another full moon. He really was unlucky with his timing.

On this trip Tommy took photographs for his own personal collection.

Then he was ready to sell his work and reach the top of his career all in one day.

There were some mixology challenges to take care of to fulfil all his requirements.

At long last he could go on a boat trip date he'd planned with Paloma. They stopped off at an empty beach for picnic before heading home where Tommy proposed to her.

They were married at the same venue as Great Great Grandma Hope. Paloma looked even more beautiful than usual with flowers draped over her head rather than a veil and they both couldn't stop giggling throughout the ceremony.

Paloma gorged on watermelons during her pregnancy. She was making final checks in the nursery when she went into labour and gave birth to twin girls - Natalie and Serena, the heir.

Requirements

Fifth Generation: Tommy Blackburn
Life State: Werewolf
Traits: Insane, Diva, Eccentric, Adventurous & Never Nude
Partner: Paloma Giordano (Blackburn)
Toddler: Best Friends, Peg Box & Xylophone
Child: Ballet Recital & Honour Roll
Teen: Darrel Skinner - Love Interest, Honour Roll & Level 3 Mausoleum Worker
1 Best Friend: David Haynes (Fairy)
2 Career Rewards: Photography Skill Certificate & Key To The City
3 Unique Opportunities: The Politician's Ball, The Sphinx & Visa Photograph
4 Unique LTRs: Fireproof Homestead, Better Mixologist, Sauvé Seller & Alpha Wolf
5 5k+ Wishes: Master Photography Skill, Master Mixology Skill, Take Photo Worth §2,500, Take Photo Worth §3,500 & Reach Top Of Career (Photography)
6 Unique Skill Challenges: Cool Creator, Menu Maven, Architectural Eye, Master Of Mood, Master Mixologist & Poseidon
7 Mausoleum Pieces: Photographs Of Monte Vista
Vacation Days Used: 14 (Egypt, China & France)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 05:36:28 PM »
Paloma is really pretty!  I'm sure the girls will be lovely.  I'm not sure if you mentioned it, but are the twins both fairies?

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 08:02:00 AM »
Paloma is really pretty!  I'm sure the girls will be lovely.  I'm not sure if you mentioned it, but are the twins both fairies?

Oh, I forgot to add which one the heir is. I love Paloma, but she was only a backup fairy bride  :)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 12:39:07 PM »
Serena Blackburn

Serena and her werewolf sister, Natalie, learned their skills at the same time while their parents alternated between them. She loved walking but couldn't wait for her wings to grow in strength so she could fly around like her mother.

She loved when the moon was at its fullest and her fairy wings tingled with magic. Her father disappeared on those days so she would wait patiently for him to return by singing to her doll, Stuffings.

When she aged up she was about to store Stuffings away in the chest box when he sprang away from her grip and declared he was a special kind of doll.

Serena and Natalie were best friends unlike other Blackburns before them. They enjoyed playing tag and dress up together, Serena loved changing into a tiny ball of light and  floating around her sister.

As Stuffings continually heckled her, Serena punished him by returning him to his old spot - her inventory. She went into town to scout for NPC teens. The first one she found had an elixir smashed at his feet and a quick kiss.

Paloma had set up a vineyard and bloomed grapes for Serena to harvest and Natalie to weed. The three women worked diligently for two weeks to get enough grapes for Serena to supermax her gardening.

The girls had invented a new game as they aged into teens. Natalie would much rather have been a fairy so Serena bestowed her with flight - a new fairy trick she'd learned - and taught her sister the basics of flying. Natalie was unsteady and flailed around but after an hour or so with her sister's guidance they were both flitting around Monte Vista.

Their young adult birthday came too soon. Nonetheless they both celebrated with enthusiasm.

The vineyard was replaced to make way for the nectar machines. Serena headed off to Town Hall to register as self-employed while Spiller upgraded the machines.

She had already de-stemmed grapes and proceeded to squash them to a pulp before letting the machine do the rest, she repeated the process as the nectar maker slowly chugged away.

Serena regretted her decision to get rid of Stuffings. He no longer moved when she placed him carefully on the ground, eagerly waiting for him to have his young adult birthday. After what seemed like forever, he popped out of her bag when she went to sleep in her little fairy house. She was overjoyed and gave him the Imaginary Friend Metamorphium that Hope had created many years ago.

Stuffings was a loner and after graduation he made the hottub his home having no desire to try and see what it was really like to be a Sim.

Lucas gathered all of Serena's nectar bottles - save the ones for her mausoleum - and just like her father she completed her career in one day.

Now the fun part of dating Stuffings could commence. She taught him to fly only it was much more fun when Stuffings would chase after her and she would surprise him with a kiss in midair.

In the evening they retired to a private Fairy Garden and the next day she proposed.

Serena made a special blend of strawberry nectar for her wedding. It took most of the night so Stuffings made a few drinks of his own to pass the time.

With the wedding preparations complete, the rest of the family joined them to watch the ceremony and downed plenty of nectar - Serena had vague memories of what happened next.

Hope held two fruits in her hand and offered them to Serena, like she had done many times before. She closed her eyes and let her unguided hand choose - watermelons.

Pregnancy wasn't so bad, Stuffings would excitedly feel her tummy but the actual birth process was unlike anything she'd ever experienced. Lucky for her she only had to go through it once. She snuggled her baby Harmony before taking her down to meet the rest of the family.

Requirements

Sixth Generation: Serena Blackburn
Life State: Fairy
Traits: Disciplined, Easily Impressed, Vehicle Enthusiast, Photographer's Eye & Perfectionist
Partner: Stuffings Blackburn
Child: Supermarket Research & Honour Roll
Teen: Will Barakat -  Love Interest, Honour Roll & Level 3 Mausoleum Worker
1 Best Friend: Delia Rossi (Werewolf)
2 Career Rewards: Nectar Making Certificate & Nectar Maker's Trophy
3 Unique Opportunities: Stomping Grapes, Uncommonly Good & A Bag Of Produce
4 Unique LTRs: Super Green Thumb, Carefree, Collection Helper & Queen Of The Fae
5 5k+ Wishes: Master Gardening Skill, Master Nectar Making Skill, Make Nectar Worth §150, Make 500 Bottles Of Nectar & Reach Top Of Career (Nectar Making)
6 Unique Skill Challenges: Botanical Boss, Master Planter, Master Farmer, Mix Master, Flavourful Feet & Master Of Nectar Making
7 Mausoleum Pieces: Blackberry Flavoured Nectar Bottles
Vacation Days Used: 0

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 03:51:49 PM »
Wow, only one more to go!  Welcome, Harmony.  She's going to be a cutie for sure  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2014, 04:58:51 PM »
Wow, only one more to go!  Welcome, Harmony.  She's going to be a cutie for sure  ;D

I can't wait to post the last heir tomorrow, writing this was more stressful than the actual game play. Harmony's my favourite  :D

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 07:49:52 AM »
Harmony Blackburn

Harmony was raised by all the remaining Blackburns. As the last generation everyone doted on her and her toddler days went by too fast.

Being an Imaginary Friend, Harmony got up to all sorts of mischief and the adults couldn't tell her off as she was invisible in toy form.

She joined the Scouts after school and proudly showed off her badges to all the members of her family before getting ready for her birthday cake.

Harmony's high school days were spent in music classes, where she met Teresa McCarty, and her job at the mausoleum. As all the heirs had done before her, Harmony dumped Teresa - right after accepting her Prom Queen crown.

She earned 18 credits towards her Fine Arts course and decided to enrol in university for two weeks. There were hugs and kisses all around as the family gathered to see her off.

One of the first Sims she met at the university greet was Mika Moore. They hit it off right away and exchanged numbers and Harmony's first 'real' kiss.

The following Monday Sims congregated around the main entrance and it took a lot of feet tapping to finally make it into class.

There was a party held almost every night. Harmony was well on her way to maxing all her instruments so one night she accepted an invite to Harrold Assange's party. Since most Sims were hogging the juice keg, Harmony and her fellow classmate decided on juice pong instead. Eddy Mullis was no good and by the end of the party he was so juiced he passed out on the floor and Harmony had a quick wash before class started.

Harmony met with Eddy every day. Getting juiced together was their new hobby and poor Eddy wasn't always awake when it came to attend lectures.

At the weekends even her professor joined, keeping Harmony steady as she glugged on juice and someone dared Eddy to streak throughout the party.

By the middle of her second week Harmony had maxed all her instruments.

She then threw her own party and started a jam session. Sims seemed to prefer her stereo but Eddy happily danced away to her bass.

They enjoyed dancing together and as evening approached she leaned in for a kiss.

Then Mika called her a cheater, Harmony had quite forgotten about her. As she had been on more dates with Eddy and generally spent more time with him, Harmony broke up with Mika. Her first unique life time reward was a clean slate so everyone mysteriously forgot about her cheater reputation.

After exams she invited Eddy over and asked him to go steady.

Her commitment to her Fine Arts course earned Harmony a degree and a new trait - light sleeper, well, she didn't even go to sleep anymore when elixirs worked on their magic.

Harmony's career was a long and dull process. The sound of the chainsaw put her on edge and she sighed in relief as her last mausoleum piece was completed and set down in the basement.

As music was her passion, Harmony held a private party at the Mini Warehouse to perform for her family.

Requirements

Seventh Generation: Harmony Blackburn
Life State: Imaginary Friend
Traits: Loves The Cold, Loves The Outdoors, Friendly, Sailor, Commitment Issues & Light Sleeper (Fine Arts Degree)
Partner: Eddy Mullis
Child: Badging Ceremony & Honour Roll
Teen:  Teresa McCarty - Love Interest, Honour Roll & Level 3 Mausoleum Worker
1 Best Friend: Veronica DeLuca (Werewolf)
2 Career Rewards: Sculpting Skill Certificate & Sculptor's Medal
3 Unique Opportunities: Raise The Fun(d), Valuable Sculpture & Sims On Ice
4 Unique LTRs: Legendary Host, Clean Slate, The Hustler & Artisan Crafter
5 5k+ Wishes: Master Guitar Skill, Master Sculpting Skill, Earn §10,000 Sculpting, Make A Masterpiece Sculpture & Reach Top Of Career (Sculptor)
6 Unique Skill Challenges: Chiselmeister, Prolific Sculptor, Master Sculptor, Ice Personality, Master Guitarist & Master Pianist
7 Mausoleum Pieces: Masterpiece Ice Sculptures
Vacation Days Used: 14 (University)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2014, 07:58:39 AM »
The Blackburns

Front Row Left To Right: Harmony (Imaginary Friend, 7th), Hope (Vampire, 1st) & Lucas (Human, 4th)
Back Row Left To Right: Spiller (Witch, 2nd), Clarissa (Mermaid, 3rd), Serena (Fairy, 6th) & Tommy (Werewolf, 5th)

Complete: Week 47, Day 3

Later...

As the dynasty was over, Harmony was able to marry Eddy Mullis.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2014, 08:14:08 AM »
Congrats on finishing! I'm moving this to the Completed Dynasties Board. :D

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2014, 08:46:29 AM »
Thank you very much, Trip  ;)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2014, 08:54:58 AM »

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2014, 02:31:53 PM »
Congrats to the happy couple!

And congrats to you on completing the dynasty and making hall of fame!  Hope you'll do more stories  :D

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2014, 05:38:44 AM »
Congrats to the happy couple!

And congrats to you on completing the dynasty and making hall of fame!  Hope you'll do more stories  :D

Thank you very much, I'm working on my next dynasty but I'll only post it if I succeed. Thanks again for reading  ;D