Author Topic: The Fox Legacy  (Read 132123 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Fox Legacy
« Reply #180 on: October 13, 2014, 03:14:45 PM »
Thanks guys, I do have a few updates stored on PC but I think my legacy is slowly crawling to a halt. I have developed a few bugs that are making game play really, really hard.
1. My sims become undirectable. I can bring up the options menu to make them eat/drink/talk/ whatever but I can't actually 'click' on an action. I have to constantly exit without saving and reload.
2. I can no longer 'knock on doors' to visit neighbours as the option is no longer there.
3. My sims do not actually do what I direct them to do when the actions menu is actually clickable. eg. hug becomes walk away and eat something out the fridge despite of being full... etc
4. When I phone to invite someone over I get a message saying sim will be right over.... and then nothing happens.  ???
5. All the friends got wiped off Jakes, Nia's, Kaiden's and Cara's friend list<<< that is super annoying as Jake need 8 friends for his promotion and he had 12.  >:(

So, I've posted a thread in misc help and maybe someone will know how to fix the issues. Also my ghosts have both glitched out, their tombstones read "----"   :(

It's such a shame as in game both Kalani and Kaiden have aged up, Kaiden, particularly well, and I really don't want a failed legacy because of bugs.
I'm wondering about saving the family to my library and placing them in a brand new world. I know that will mean the challenge is over but least then I could continue the story until gen 10 anyway.

@ Indira, some sims run autonomously away from the fire, some run towards it but you can easily direct them to 'route to safety'. Kayleigh's new friends are quite fun. She has been up to a bit of high jinx for sure. I'll post what I have on my pc but I'm not sure about continuing on until I can find a work-around for at least some of these bugs.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #181 on: October 13, 2014, 03:20:00 PM »
Oh no! Oh I hope you find a solution Playalot. The story of the Foxes needs to continue - it's really a great read and it must be so frustrating for you  :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #182 on: October 13, 2014, 03:41:34 PM »
@ Tigerskin, it sure is frustrating, lol, I just added another bug to the list. I think it all happened when I added new townies and neighbours. Before that everything was mostly good (apart from living in an empty world) but since then things are just randomly glitching out. I guess it was to be expected. I thought the chances of making it through to gen 10 with no major hiccups a bit of a stretch of the imagination!
I know some other players are experiencing the 'door' issue as I found a thread on EA's forum but there were no solutions there, just people asking about it. I haven't found anything about the 'indirectable sims' (my name for it), so I might have a world first there! LOL  :P

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #183 on: October 13, 2014, 08:44:37 PM »
Chapter 37: Kaiden's A Teen

Nia gave Kaiden a big hug this morning. His last as a wee fellow.

Before we knew it he was blowing out his candles.

Happy birthday son. You would think that by now The Watcher would get the birthday make-overs sorted. I mean Kaiden looks ok here....

But what, I ask you, is going on here?

Never mind, with a quick change he was looking much better. I think he looks a lot like his granddad.

Kayleigh has taken up guitar.

She says she prefers practising at the park, in the fresh air.

I guess she's got a point.

If I had the opportunity to go to work outside,

I'd jump at the chance.

That's one thing I miss from the early days...

is the chance to spend more time outside. I might go with Kayleigh next time she heads out. She came home had dinner with Mitchell,

and then fell asleep on the way to bed. Poor girl, I think she's pushing herself to hard to become proficient at the guitar.

We tearfully released Cassandra back to the netherworld... I think that's what The Watcher called it.

Cassandra didn't seem to worried to go but for some reason The Watcher yahoo-ed and cheered. I mean I enjoyed Cassandra visiting every night, I think Jon might be happy to know she's at peace now too. I guess having your 'ex' around can lead to a lot of awkward conversations with the new love of your life.

Talking about loves, Jon was telling me all about the girls he's been meeting lately. Some of them sound quite nice, I hope he finds someone who can really appreciate him. He is such an awesome guy and I'm not just saying that because he's my brother.

Kayleigh's also learning to play the piano.

She can easily spend hours just sitting there tinkling away on the ivories.

We also have had a lovely addition to our family.

Meet Cara Fox, our lovely wee adopted daughter.

Nia just loves her to bits.

Jon often beats either of us to the crib for her bottle.

But, as usual, before Nia or I were ready it was growing up time. Those few days go past so quickly.

Isn't she just a picture?

Happy birthday my wee darling.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #184 on: October 13, 2014, 09:07:15 PM »
Kaiden's face looks okay! Or am I wrong? He doesn't look like he's affected by the bug, anyway.

What made you choose to release Cassandra?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #185 on: October 13, 2014, 09:31:39 PM »
@ Devin, Kaiden aged up ok... but I think it's more when sims age up into adults the bug kicks in.

I was so sick and tired of Cassandra floating around every night and because now that she hates plants (after being eaten by Moo) I was having to interrupt someone all the time to go talk to her so she wouldn't take her rage out on the garden. Also she hasn't any useful skills for the legacy now that she's done her bit, so I didn't want to invite her to join the family. I wanted to invite Kendra but both her and Joe's tombstones are glitched so they have now gone forever.  :(

Also, I was sick of seeing her in that space suit. I knew Jon shouldn't have woohooed with her for that 'one last time'!  ;)

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #186 on: October 13, 2014, 09:43:14 PM »
My understanding is that the glitch is hitting the teen and adult life phases, but not the young adult life phase. As it pertains to the length of the face, that's been the case for me with the females; Only teen and adult, skipping young adult with the bug. You might have escaped it. Let's hope!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #187 on: October 13, 2014, 09:50:47 PM »
Oh fingers crossed, yes please! I've got my share of bugs... I wouldn't want to be greedy you know.  :P

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #188 on: October 13, 2014, 10:13:46 PM »
Chapter: 38: An Hour With Kayleigh

Dear Dairy,
I'm writing this down so that I don't forget it. I've found a sure fire way to solve my aspiration woes.

Step1. 10.17pm meet Rhys Rowland outside his home. This was pure chance as now that no-one's doorbells work, I have to spend a bit of time loitering around.
Greet him enchantingly.

Step 2. 10.19pm
Let him be thrilled at the sight of me, and count his lucky stars and all that.

Step 3. 10.24pm
Flirt a little and giggle "Teeheehee"

Step 4. 10.29pm
Check this out. Doink! Looking good. A little giggle to top it off.

Step 5. 10.33pm
In for the kill.

Step 6. 10.37pm
Angeee, we're now boyfriend and girlfriend. (Smile and take selfie)

Step 7. 10.39pm
Ohhh, excitement. Poor boy, let him enjoy it for a moment.

Step 8. 10.44pm
The let down, "umm, it's not you, it's me".

Step 9. 10.45pm
"Yes, it's totally me, but I think that we should end this before either of us get hurt."

Step 10. 10. 47pm
The end. "Yeah, it's like, over."

Diary, I know it's not nice and I do feel bad about it but this is only for a short while. I have to do this to complete my aspiration a few times and I've figured that if I make it quick then it's less painful. I hope The Watcher this doesn't catch up with me in the future.
Over and out.
K

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #189 on: October 14, 2014, 05:14:15 AM »
Hello,

I'm only on chapter 15 but I really wanted to comment. Your house building is brilliant, I absolutely adore Jon and Jake - they're such cuties - and each characters personality.
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline nil

• Nooboo
  • "Not all those who wander are lost."
« Reply #190 on: October 14, 2014, 04:36:23 PM »
I love this legacy! So addicting to read, and your Sims are simply precious ^^

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #191 on: October 14, 2014, 06:42:19 PM »
@ Brooke, Thanks! I'm pretty fond of Jake and Jon too, it's going to be hard to let them die! The house gets a bit messy later on in the legacy as each sim's need changes,  I think it will eventually end up absolutely nothing like my initial idea.  ::)

@ nil, thanks for reading, I'm really pleased you're enjoying it. Keeps me motivated for the long-haul.  :) It's pretty addicting to play too. lol. RL seems a bit tame after spending time with the Foxes.

Offline mkileya

• Nooboo
« Reply #192 on: October 14, 2014, 10:52:42 PM »
I've read through all of this and it's so good. You're such a good story teller! I can't wait to see how this unfolds. I keep checking to see if you've updated, lol. I've been trying a legacy challenge and it seems so hard to make money to make my house the way that I want, even though I'm not very good at building. You're house here is gorgeous!

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #193 on: October 14, 2014, 11:02:34 PM »
<Raise hand> It would be nice if you sum it and create the specific thread, Mam. I found it would be useful and helpful about your conversation with justproud. That's such a discovery. It's started from here. You could also make this as some kind of guide, Sir justproud. LOL, how that sounds like?

Back on track, shall we? ;D

Ummm. When looking at Jon. Yes, Jon. Somehow it's familiar like someone that I knew. I really enjoyed it, it's short but it's deep. I've had a warm-and-fuzzy feeling after reading this and I agree he definitely need someone who appreciates him as he is. So, just lets us kick his ex (oops, no hard feeling lol). I wished that I'm there before Jon, those shiny shiny gemstones! I want to collect 'em all.

Well, I love what Kalani wore before. He looks cool; I want to use that kind of clothes sometimes. That's kinda like of my style, yo! Sometimes I want go and rap with that kind of clothes. LOL When Kaiden back home, it's kind of hilarious. It looks like some kind of pageant contest (and he's became the judge) lol.

I still wonder if we could get a selfie option, sadly I still haven't found which kind of emotions or situation or skills that made that thing available. It's quite necessary for a selfie-addict lol. Your Sims tends to be a bodybuilder lol. Are you some kind of addicts? I prefer just stay as they are or end up being fat just like I am. Kayleigh new style is unpredictable but I love her more, she’s so expressive. There are so much randomness, so much hilarity, so much puns and so much laughter.

Thanks for a good laugh. You just made my day, Playalot. I am looking forward with your next update :)

P.S: I agree with having your ex around, that was really weird. At least I love the touch that you added Cassandra in there. At least that is how you describe that you actually care about her.

P.P.S: It’s just a little more before I could post my updates, but I think I should rest.
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #194 on: October 14, 2014, 11:12:38 PM »
I love the Foxes, Playalot!  They are sooo great!  *sniff sniff* I was very sad to see Kendra and Joe pass on.  Here's to the next generation!  And that Kayleigh... gotta love that last post!