Author Topic: The Fox Legacy  (Read 132069 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Fox Legacy
« Reply #240 on: October 24, 2014, 05:03:24 AM »
Chapter 49: A Mistake?

Now that Nia's an elder I convinced her to retire. I want her to slow down and enjoy her elder years. She has taken up a new life goal. One that involves a lot of music, something that Nia is already very good at. I'm not complaining at any rate,

Cara seems to have settled down a little. Eric has been keeping an eye on her since everyone else has been busy working.

Nia's music is quite beautiful. She already has reached the top of her piano and guitar skills so now she just spends her time playing for her enjoyment.

As part of her new goal Nia has to mentor someone playing for 15 hours. Kaiden has volunteered to help her, but his playing is pretty awful right now.

Luckily for us he had to go to work. He came home with the last promotion he needed to top his entertainers career. Way to go son!

Without even hesitating Kaiden quit his job so that he could play all day long to allow Nia to reach her goal. Both Nia and I have been warned by Grim to get our affairs in order, and that has made both of us a little more focused.

Before too long Kaiden's technique had greatly improved and as the hours flew by Nia competed her goal... and Kaiden's playing is much better to listen to.

Kalani pops in most days to make sure Cara is getting her homework done.

I've been busy capturing everyone's Epic Saga's. I want to make sure that they are all well looked after once I've gone.

Kennedy came home with a promotion... and feeling pretty stressed and bummed out. She's probably working a little too hard but she never complains.

Cara's attached to the computer most nights. She tells me she's looking for penpals on the forum.

She's also taken a interest in helping out with the upgrades to the rocket.

I'm not sure that she really knows what she's doing but I'm guessing she can't cause any major damage. I must remember to ask Jon to check her work before anyone else uses it.

Later that day Nia decided to take a trip into space...

If I'd seen her go I would have stopped her... unfortunately no-one noticed her leaving

It wasn't until we heard the engines blasting off that we realised she's gone.

By the time we rushed outside, it was too late. Nia was already leaving the atmosphere.

Luckily for us all, Nia walked away from the crash, severely dazed, but walking.

I made a fuss of her over a quiet dinner. She is so precious to me, I'm not ready for her to go any time soon.

Later Kaiden caught her just standing staring at blankly at the TV that wasn't even on. He told her to go to bed and sleep off being dazed. Poor Nia.

Kennedy took Cara out and gave her a bit of a talking to about the dangers of space. I'm choosing to believe that it was all a mistake and not a deliberate prank, but to be honest, with Cara you can never quite tell.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Fox Legacy Chpts 49
« Reply #241 on: October 24, 2014, 05:39:37 AM »
Chapter 50: Kaiden's Point of View

I'm starting with these two pictures to let you all know how mean The Watcher can be to our family. I don't really understand why The Watcher takes such a keen interest in us and and everything that we do, but she does, and at times it's not all good.
These are all the wonderful healing potions that are available for sims the world over, but not us. The Watcher has placed them all on our roof so that we can't touch them.

These are the life giving potions. We have millions of them, enough to stop the aging of everyone in Willow Creek and beyond probably. We're only allowed one each. Ever.

It's the same with Cara's doll collection. The Watcher has always stipulated that no-one even thinks about touching these.

I could go on, but I won't. All I know is that for some reason The Watcher seems particularly pleased with me. I think it's got to do with all the autonomous painting I've been doing. I'm at level 6 now in painting and I've done that all by myself.

Even though The Watcher is pleased with me she has only allowed me to eat Fish Tacos. Apparently they have no calories and so I won't get fat. She still makes me work out every day though which seems doubly unfair.

Poor dad's been put on the Fish Taco diet too. Dad's never been fat in his life. He's still working full time too. His job as a Diamond Spy is pretty top secret so I don't know exactly what he does.... but either way I think he should be allowed to eat whatever he wants at his age.

Mum says she doesn't mind what she eats, she's just pleased to still be here with dad.

And this is Cara's "I'm making a new friend" face. Yes, seriously. This is her actually being nice to someone. I wish The Watcher would stop watching me so much and do a bit more watching over her way.

This is Cara's new friend. Winston is actually a really nice guy. I think maybe The Watcher has put him up to being nice to Cara, but seeing as he doesn't live with us I don't see how that could really happen. Maybe Winston's just so blinking nice that he actually does like Cara.

I know I'm being a real grouch today. Full of complaints and so on, but I feel really out of sorts. Kennedy spends all her time studying the chess table. Uncle Jon has been mentoring her so that she can skill up quicker...

But I hardly get to see her, and when I do she's always telling me to sushhhh, because she's focussing.

I've taken up gardening. I guess now that I'm not working I have the time to learn some new skills.

Dad's been practicing his 'Fireball' trick, but he nearly burnt the house down with that one.

He's also taken up writing again. Which is fine, only he won't let anyone actually read his books... or even see up close what he is actually writing. Arghh, I hate secrets.

I've told The Watcher that if something doesn't give soon that I quit. I don't even know what I'm quitting... I don't know, I guess I could go live with Kalani if he's got the room.
Finally Kennedy made some time for me. We went to look at the starry sky... beautiful.

One thing led to another...

But then as I asked her if she could imagine being together forever, not a proposal you know, more of just, imagining our future if she wanted to....

She told me she had a fear of commitment and although she loved me she really couldn't say how she might feel in a year...

I QUIT

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
Re: The Fox Legacy Chpts 49 and 50
« Reply #242 on: October 24, 2014, 06:51:46 AM »
Hopefully there is a nooboo on the way. Did I mention how much I adore Kennedy's hairstyle?
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #243 on: October 24, 2014, 07:34:33 AM »
Oh poor Kaiden.. putting his heart out there and Kennedy being so unsure..  Can't imagine what it's going to be like when Jake and Nia go! Do you think you will be keeping Jon around? Great chapters!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #244 on: October 24, 2014, 04:04:58 PM »
@ Brooke, Kenedy's hair looks really cool on her. The only thing I 'made over' on her was her make up and a few more daily outfits. She's such a cute townie.

@ KTK10, I know, right. Poor Kaiden I don't think he saw that coming. He's always pretty much had exactly what he's wanted the entire legacy so far. (Going by his whims etc) I guess now he's going to have to dig deep or Cara will out-do him. Oh well, that's the way it rolls when you are heading for being an heir... ;)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #245 on: October 24, 2014, 04:42:44 PM »
Chapter 51: Birthday Time

As I looked at Kaiden this morning I wondered if I should tell him... about, well, you know, what it means to be the heir. Thing is I'm not sure he's ready. Cara might surprise us all, and yet I don't want to pass on and have Kaiden find out about everything the hard way. I wish with all my heart that I didn't have to pass this burden on but I have the generation behind me to think about, as well as those in front. As a family, we have so far to go. Failure isn't an option but that doesn't make it any easier.

Kaiden was planning a big birthday party for Jon. He was meeting up with Kalani...

to let him in on the surprise.

Everyone was already partying even before Jon got home from work.

I spent a few minutes preparing some drinks in advance as I knew there would be a rush later on.

As soon as Jon was home Kaiden made a toast.

Jon took a deep breath...

and blew out his candles, only Nia photobombed the shot.

Yehaa, getting older bro. Come on, we gotta party like there's no tomorrow.... 'cos there probably isn't.

I noticed Kaiden looking a little shifty. I hope he's not planning anything.

Juliana told Nia that eating cake is dangerous... a minute on the lips equals a life time on the hips. She's such a little darling and Nia just adores our only grandchild. There's something very special about your grandchildren. They are just so loved.

Kaiden was on an hilarious roll, joke after joke... Poor Eric was really getting an earful.

Jon spent some time teaching Juliana how to play cards. Her poker face was just so cute.

Nia and her old friend Lilly had gone upstairs for a quiet talk away from all the music and noise, just to catch up and swap stories about grandchildren.

I was mixing them up a storm.

Kayleigh was enjoying herself but she begged Kaiden to stop telling jokes or she might explode!

After the party was over, some time in the early hours of the morning I caught Kaiden and Kennedy having a chat. I don't know why he doesn't take the next step with Kennedy. They obviously love each other, and after all... there's the next generation of Foxes to think about.

On my way back downstairs I heard doors banging and things being thrown around... next thing Kaiden's working out his anger in the gym. <sigh> Honestly I really don't know what's going on with these two. I guess I'm going to have to step in.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Fox Legacy Chpts 51
« Reply #246 on: October 24, 2014, 05:07:38 PM »
Chapter 52: Cara's Day

This morning I saw mum and dad chatting over breakfast. I didn't feel like joining them, I was sick and tired of being told what to do, when to do it, and who not do it with.... or who I was to do it with... arghh

Everyone in my family is such a  goody goody. I love dad but I don't think he has ever had a mean thought in his life.

And mum's so sweet that she makes sugar sour.

As for Kennedy, all she does is go around repairing all the things I smash.

Whenever I feel the need for agro... I just summon Mitchell. I have him eating out of my hand, and I like it... a lot. No matter what I do to him.... he just goes on liking me.

I went back upstairs to tell mum that I'd cancelled Kaiden's party that he had organised for my birthday but she had gone back to bed. She sleeps a lot these days.

I didn't need anyone.. I just blew out the candles by myself.. looking good, now I'm a young adult I can do what I like. I've got the brains to do it and I have the emotions of a concrete box.. no guilt trips for me.

First thing I did, was get a drink, finally. Man tasting sweet.

Kayleigh insisted on celebrating with me. She's a bore. I bet she's never done anything bad in her life either.

Now Winston's another matter entirely.

Ohh,I was surprised to find that he feels the same way, without me even having to bind his soul to one of my many dolls... good. That's just going to make the bond all the more stronger when I do bind him.

I think you could say I've got this one covered.

He is pretty hot though.

I'm not opposed to enjoying myself along the way. I'm not evil after all.... just very, very clever, and I know what I want.

The next morning Kennedy did her "Oh yes?" look at Winston. I told her to mind her own business.

Then I went out to practice some new tricks.

I got a bit bored with this guy so I got Mitchell to spice the morning up a bit.

While fleecing this one for all I could get. Kaching. $92.00

I went inside to grab some breakfast. Dad and Uncle Jon were discussing something about fishing and Kaiden was already cooking. Suits me, the less I have to do the better. Means I can get on with more important things.... Like hacking the Lothario funds, again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Fox Legacy Chpts 51 and 52
« Reply #247 on: October 24, 2014, 09:13:27 PM »
Oh my... Cara, Cara, Cara...

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Fox Legacy Chpts 51 and 52
« Reply #248 on: October 24, 2014, 09:27:11 PM »
@ Shewolf13, lol,  I know but but she's fun to play with! :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #249 on: October 25, 2014, 12:03:33 AM »
Chapter 53: Grim Comes Reaping

This morning everyone was having a sleep-in.

I tiptoed down to the art room, enjoying the peace and quiet. After I'd finished another painting, my first masterpiece, I thought I'd go say hi to mum. I'd heard Dad going to work earlier so I knew she'd be a bit lonely.

She gave me a tight hug.

It was nice having mum home and  being able to spend a lot of time with her.

Mum's such a laugh, she wanted us to take a selfie.

I was still talking to her when she suddenly grabbed her stomach.

She fell to her knees before I even had time to catch her.

Oh Mum!

I didn't know what to do.

Grim was there before I even could think.

I told him how losing mum made me feel.

He was shocked. I don't know why, what did he expect?

A deep bell tolled, and then he was gone.

Then I sat with mum waiting for dad to come home from work.

How was I going to tell him? Mum was his entire world.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #250 on: October 25, 2014, 12:04:52 AM »
Not Nia!  *sniffles*  That's so sad!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #251 on: October 25, 2014, 12:08:50 AM »
I had a little eyelash stuck in my eye... It wasn't a tear. It wasn't. <sniff> :(

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #252 on: October 25, 2014, 12:11:07 AM »
I'll freely admit it that I teared up.  I get far too attached to Sims... not just my own XD  Did she die of old age or was that hysteria?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #253 on: October 25, 2014, 12:28:48 AM »
Chapter 54: It Never Rains....

Telling Dad had to be one of the worst things I ever had to do.

Unbearable. I swear I heard his heart crack.

Dad threw himself into his art, only everything he painted cried out his pain.

I called the Sadness Hotline. It helped. Briefly.

The next morning I had to tell Kennedy about mum. She was so upset.

Somehow in the middle of telling her I suddenly found myself yelling at her.

I don't know what's wrong with me but Kennedy just held me tight.

She took me for a walk down by the river and tried her best to comfort me.

Then suddenly she was down on her knee in front of me...

I couldn't contain the rage.

The fury blinded me, I saw red and my blood pounded in my ears.

"How dare you.." I spat at her...

I was past caring, past seeing... agony.

"Get up," I snarled

I don't remember the words but her eyes... I felt like I was drowning and couldn't breath.

I tried to make sense of it all. Only nothing made any of it any better.

I felt sick.

And the pain in my chest felt like my heart had been ripped out.

Kennedy gasped...

and ran away.

I remember walking to the seat and telling myself to breath... in... and out... in.....and out.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #254 on: October 25, 2014, 12:42:42 AM »
Oh no!  Now I wanna cry more!