Author Topic: The Fox Legacy  (Read 134510 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Fox Legacy
« Reply #255 on: October 25, 2014, 12:49:05 AM »
I've got another eyelash... When I saw Kaiden reject Kennedy in game my heart nearly stopped beating. I was like ... WHAT??????  :o :'(

Poor, poor Nia died of starvation. It was the most horrible thing I've ever done to any of my sims.  :-[

These little people keep taking over my game. I swear they have minds of their own.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #256 on: October 25, 2014, 01:13:07 AM »
Ouch XD Yeah, I can only imagine.  *ahem* I'm currently trying to um... get the anger death in my game XD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #257 on: October 25, 2014, 01:17:11 AM »
I've heard that if you fill a room with angry paintings and then fight/yell/insult the target sim while standing in the 'angry room' that it might kill them.... not that I know from experience <cough, cough>  :-[

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #258 on: October 25, 2014, 01:34:18 AM »
lol!  I've... actually tried that already XD I have one of each kind of anger painting (good, excellent, masterpiece), yet it still only gives +2 to angry.  I had him declare enemy as well as get in a fight.  It's really frustrating because it didn't seem to work, or at least, he got into the enraged mood, but I'm not sure what the time threshold is...

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #259 on: October 25, 2014, 05:02:57 AM »
So sad about Nia, I though the screenshot at the end when they were both younger was a nice touch  :'( Oh, why Kaiden? I feel like headbutting him. Just one typo I found:

The next morning I had to tell Nia. She was so upset.

Supposed to say Kennedy not Nia  ;)
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #260 on: October 25, 2014, 05:23:16 AM »
Thanks Brooke, got that now!
I'm with you on the headbutt... not really looking forward to unravelling that mess tomorrow when I fire up my game.  :-\

Thanks for reading and commenting.  Your encouragement is very much appreciated  :)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #261 on: October 25, 2014, 05:37:53 AM »
Really enjoYing the updates. So many twests and turns and you capture the emotions so well in your screen shots.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #262 on: October 25, 2014, 07:20:52 AM »
Sad sad updates, I am actually crying a bit right now, (** emotions go away) but you triggered something in me.

On a side note, remember you are only on generation 3, loads of time to get all the deaths, don't have to kill all your precious sims

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #263 on: October 25, 2014, 04:00:13 PM »
@ justproud2b, thanks heaps. good to know you're still along for the ride. :)

@ LenaLJ, I know, strangely I think because I wrote from remembering the pain of someone leaving it became quite poignant.  :-\ Sorry to make you remember something sad also. I guess that's a learning curve in legacy story writing for me. Keep it less intense.

I'll make the next chapters a bit light hearted in case we all run out of tissues. That is if Kaiden will actually do what I tell him too >:(

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #264 on: October 25, 2014, 04:13:56 PM »
@ justproud2b, thanks heaps. good to know you're still along for the ride. :)

@ LenaLJ, I know, strangely I think because I wrote from remembering the pain of someone leaving it became quite poignant.  :-\ Sorry to make you remember something sad also. I guess that's a learning curve in legacy story writing for me. Keep it less intense.

I'll make the next chapters a bit light hearted in case we all run out of tissues. That is if Kaiden will actually do what I tell him too >:(

I think you have some good writing going on, since it can touch people. Sims have a mind on their own, so you might have a fight in taiming Kaiden :)

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #265 on: October 25, 2014, 04:37:52 PM »
Noo I can't cry I just did my makeup fr family pictures :'( that was so sad. Goodbye Nia. Why did Kaiden reject Kennedy? Was he just not in the mood?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #266 on: October 25, 2014, 05:44:41 PM »
 LenaLJ, thanks  :) Yes, about taming Kaiden.... well updates later today!

@ Artsygirl. I really don't know what happened. Kennedy and Kaiden's romantic and friend meters are both maxed out. After Kaiden got a moodlet saying unwanted proposal, it's all about timing. I can't remember what the emotion was though or how strong as I was a bit shocked! I guess that's what makes sim so fun though... just when you think you've got it all planned out...wham!

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #267 on: October 25, 2014, 11:37:17 PM »
What a lovely tribute to Nia - I especially loved the photos of her and Jake.  Her photo bombing was hilarious! She was a truly great Mum. Now we have the Kaiden/ Kennedy drama!! Wow.. sims really do have a mind of their own! Good Luck!!  ;D ps.. really great writing by the way!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #268 on: October 25, 2014, 11:58:22 PM »
Chapter 55: Aftermath

I sat on the bench for hours hiding behind a book. I wasn't reading, I just didn't want anyone to talk to me.

I kept seeing Kennedy's face over and over again. One moment I was furious, the next it felt like I was going to die. My mind whirled at a million miles an hour. One emotion after another. I couldn't take it any longer.

I looked up into Kayleigh's eyes.

"Oh sis, what are we going to do?" I sobbed. She hugged me tight.
"Come on," she whispered, "you're stronger than this. Pull it together."

She was right, I had to get it together. Dad was out of action and probably would be until he came to terms with mum's death.

I gave Kayleigh the brief version of what happened between Kennedy and me and she just shook her head and told me to go talk to someone I could trust. I could only think of one person.

Kalani came over and tried to get things into perspective for me by refusing to let me mope on it.

I threw some lunch together for us all before Kalani had to go to work.

It stuck in my throat as I tried to swallow. Winston kept up a steady stream of chatter distracting me long enough to eat half.

He took my plate from me and asked me what was really going on. He's a good listener. I told him my confusion and doubts.

When I broke down he was good. He let me cry it out then told me enough was enough.
"Come on man, we're going out," he declared

I still couldn't suck it up by the time we got to the nightclub. I wanted to go home but Winston wouldn't let me.

A lot of our friends were there so I tried to put a happy face on.

Winston chatted and joked as we danced.

I started to feel a bit better and cracked a few jokes with the girls.

Winston's idea, although it had seemed mad, seemed to be working. I was still very sad but I had moments where my grief lifted long enough for me to feel ok. I realized that what I was going through would pass... you know? Life would get back to being good, eventually.

I ordered a drink.

Changed my mind and ordered two.

Kalani joined us after his shift was over at work. I had been drinking for some hours by then and all the juice was going to my head.

Winston just grinned and told me to have another. "Let it go man, I've got your back. Take a night off!"

I got to the point where I couldn't quite remember which drink to finish first.

Then out of the blue this dame came along... whew! I was like, woah! That was unexpected.

I decided that I better have another Zebra Fizz.

Much later I headed home. I walked with my chin up. I can do this. I got it sorted.

Who was I kidding?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #269 on: October 26, 2014, 12:06:02 AM »
@ KTK10, that photo bomb was priceless! Made me laugh as it was happening. Yes, these sims really do have minds of their own. Still, I started out this legacy determined to go with the flow... It's quite different to TS3, I have always played TS with full autonomy on but in TS4 they do such different things, and all the time! I wonder where to next?  ;)

anything