Author Topic: The Fox Legacy  (Read 132120 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Fox Legacy
« Reply #330 on: October 30, 2014, 03:33:07 PM »
You are way faster with your story than I am, after a long day of work I do not always feel like composing the story, I just feel like playing, so I am nearly a generation in front of my story now....

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #331 on: October 30, 2014, 05:10:21 PM »
@ LenaLJ, I find it really hard to post a chapter if I get too far ahead. I think it was Tipi who said the same. I'm lucky that I've got the time right now just to play and post as I go. I've discovered that if I get too far ahead in the game then I actually don't want to post a chapter! I did take a bit of time out over the last few days though to play in another save file where I have Jon as a single young adult. It was a lot of fun. He's such a cool sim, did make it a bit hard to come back to him as an elder though. ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #332 on: October 30, 2014, 08:23:18 PM »
Chapter 66: Halloween Party

Well, today started like any other. I cooked the love of my life breakfast.

Cara slouched around and dad mixed drinks.

Kennedy's taken up an interest in gardening.

Soon it was time to get the party started.. yeah, wooh... wippee! <sarcastic tone> I like hanging out with my friends but even I've had enough parties to see me through this life time and into the next.

Still, that's what we do round here. Didn't take me long to get into the swing, a few funniest jokes ever and things were ticking along nicely.

Kennedy wasn't sure about all the weiner jokes, she thought that space jokes were way funnier.

I took over from Darth and mixed a few 'Kaiden Specials'.

Everyone tucked into cake and tuna casserole. Don't ask, it was a party requirement! Go figure!

I caught a snap of Darth preparing the tuna casserole. Quite freaky if you'd just walked in I reckon.

Allan got a bit confused, easily done on Kaiden Specials, and was drinking two at a time and Harry looked really strange without his cowboy hat. In fact I don't think I've really seen him without it on before.

Well, that's what happens if you abuse the juice.

So, as usual we all ended up getting our groove on. I did think that it was a bit dangerous of Brook to be waving a fork around in such a crowded space but no major injuries occurred.

Game over, pretty happy outcome and another gold medal. I've still got two to go to complete this aspiration because for some reason the last one didn't count. <sigh, another never-ending-saga>

The girls took a quick selfie, after all it's not everyday you get to have a Halloween and engagement party all rolled into one.

Princess Leia took to washing the party dishes in the upstairs bathroom sink! Whatevers.

Darth got all inspired.

Painted a masterpiece which left him strutting around full of confidence.

Princess Leia had the uncomfortable insight that the bug spray actually killed the little critters and didn't just 'chase them away'.

And I did what I do best. Kiss my girl.

Offline MrVoncreep

• Townie
  • One day, I'll be queen
« Reply #333 on: October 30, 2014, 08:33:36 PM »
I love your story and your house so much!! , One day the voncreep's will be just as great as the Fox's

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #334 on: October 30, 2014, 08:59:45 PM »
lol, love the parties.  I'm not looking forward to having to do that particular aspiration.  I tend to get a bit crazy throwing parties as it is.  Can't imagine what that one is like...

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #335 on: October 30, 2014, 09:19:21 PM »
@ MrVoncreep, Thanks! I'm quite sure you will  ;) If not even better.  :) One thing I'll do differently next time with the house is to make the footprint even bigger. It's quite hard to rack it up to be worth over one million without it being bigger. I'm stuffing it full of statues at the moment.. it's going to end up looking ridiculous. <dreams of basements>

@ Shewolf, they are fun... it's just that there are so many to do! I find it quite hard to focus on skill building as I'm forever cooking cakes, making drinks... I wouldn't mind as much if the parties would actually count against the aspiration but it's a little bugged right now. I've actually thrown over 40 parties since the beginning of this aspiration... and I really am looking forward to moving onto the next.  :)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #336 on: October 31, 2014, 12:50:26 AM »
I loved that party! Was it a Halloween party? - the fancy dress always cracks me up. Kaiden is such a romantic.. I love, love, love him  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #337 on: October 31, 2014, 02:03:34 AM »
Beautiful scenery... I like that. I also never comfortable with public affection those things should be private ::)

Another charming point of yours: it’s a short story but it describes so many things and it’s included a hidden value as well. So it’s like a trivia. The formula for your story is:

Right screenshot + right description + random things + hidden values = magic happens. 

Cara is my favorite one so far, it seems like that she's my long lost sister. She's so random. We shared so much in common lol. Guess we'll be partner in crime when it comes to mischievous things well seconded to you big sis.

Well, yeah Kennedy just like my sister, when it comes to jokes, it seems only nerd could understand and it's double-edged too, sweet. And I, just laughing at everything as long it sound/seen funny to my ears/eyes lol. Mostly it's not appropriate lol

Yeah, he just looks like Malcolm. A naughty Malcolm to be exact. Malcolm is a good kid, he's never use tattoo by all means or his Mother will punish him with the power of the moon :P
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #338 on: October 31, 2014, 03:08:56 AM »
@ KTK10, it was really an incognito party because my game is already pretty glitchy so I didn't want to download any halloween cc... just incase it totally broke my game! So just pretend it WAS a halloween party!  :) P.S I think I love Kaiden too... might have to put him up on exchange, if you want him that is.  :)

@ arimau, I'll be sure to include a lot of public displays of affection in the next post, just so you can acclimatize yourself to it. Thanks though about the beautiful scenery. I agree TS4 really is a beautiful looking game.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #339 on: October 31, 2014, 06:25:28 AM »
So many parties, you did great! I'm usually sick of them after the second party  ;) Kennedy looks so much like Princess Leia.
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #340 on: October 31, 2014, 04:57:26 PM »
Chapter 67: Winston Moves In

Winston and Cara became best buds.

Then the next day Winston moved in. It was really great to have another man around the house. Uncle Jon and dad are really slowing down now so I'm pleased to have Winston here.

Turns out Cara and Winston are the kind of couple that have no secrets from each other.

So he was right there for the big news.

So then he was able to cheer Cara up when she realized it wasn't actually like playing dolls, this was like, real life, you know.

Cara was working every minute, day and night, to get her next promotion. She was fighting hard not to let her goal of being the next heir slip away from her.

Kennedy celebrated by painting her first masterpiece.

We spent quite a bit of time in the garden now. I had read an article on a forum called Carl's Guide that said gardening could be quite profitable.

Winston scared the heck of out of me as I went in to have a shower.

His story telling's getting really good and I admit it, Halloween tales terrify me.

"Oh man your face!" he laughed.
Sheesh, remind me never to get on the bad side of Winston.

Dad and Uncle Jon really enjoy reminiscing about the good old days. I have a uneasy premonition that just won't go away.

Both of them were delighted at Cara's big news. Hard to see how she kept it secret so long really.

Kalani and Eric popped in to congratulate the expecting couple. Sadly for us all Eric passed away that night. We miss him terribly. Juliana has been such a support for Kayleigh who is broken hearted.

Winston's delighted.

Uncle Jon is overjoyed.

As usual Cara decides to do thing her own way. Winston just laughs in his easy going way and tells her that she'll learn one way or another.

He was right.

Nooboo alert.

Cara gave birth to a beautiful wee girl.

Isn't she a dream?

"My darling, you're the dream, Leah is the icing on cake."

Cara only had time for one quick cuddle then she was off to work.

Uncle Jon gave Leah her first feed.

Winston had to shoo everyone out the room just so he could finally get to hold his beautiful daughter.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #341 on: October 31, 2014, 05:11:40 PM »
A Cara/Winston nooboo!  Sooo cute!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #342 on: October 31, 2014, 05:23:37 PM »
Chapter 68a: Wedding? Really?

This morning it was all hands to the deck. Food needed preparing, things needed cleaning. It was my wedding day.

Uncle Jon nipped upstairs to cuddle the wee nipper.

Kennedy snuck up too to coo.

Winston managed to nab her for a snuggle.

And dad thoughtfully comforted Leah while telling Winston it was time to get changed.

Dad still looks great, I'm so glad Uncle Jon and dad are here for my wedding day.

I gave Kennedy a quick kiss while we waited to start the ceremony. She looked totally and utterly amazing.

She started to say something. I quickly interrupted her; don't start the wobbles girl, not today.

"I won't, I promise," she answered shyly.

Before I knew it, it was time to kiss my wife.

We shared the first slice of our wedding cake. That meant everything to me. It meant that we were finally one, together forever, no matter what life would throw at us we would always have each other to rely on and to comfort and be comforted in return. Kennedy was the love of my life and I knew that, like dad, there would never ever be another.

I held her close as everyone cheered and threw confetti.

We all tried to stand still for a photo, but it just didn't quite work out. Cara didn't know where to put her drink down...

and dad had to nip off to check on Leah.

Kennedy and I stole a few precious minutes to ourselves.

Before it was time to have the first dance as Mr and Mrs Kaiden Fox.

It was just then that the unthinkable, most terrible thing happened.

It broke Kennedy's heart.

Harry and Tracey were devastated as Grim began his deathly proceedings.

Uncle Jon's soul was snatched away.

Then The Grim Reaper stood laughing as the bride poured her heart out in her tears for the passing of everyone's most beloved uncle.

I stood, waiting for dad as he came downstairs from cuddling Leah...

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #343 on: October 31, 2014, 05:27:07 PM »
What a wedding!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #344 on: October 31, 2014, 05:35:59 PM »
Chapter 68b: Wedding, Funeral... and

Dad was utterly devastated.

Cara just sat, eyes brimming with unshed tears.

Winston spat the dummy at Cara not telling him about the whole legacy thing and about The Grim Reaper making himself at home and all the other totally unheard of things that being in a legacy entailed. He was scared for Leah

Cara watched dad sobbing and said she couldn't take anymore and ran upstairs crying.

As I watched my beautiful bride grabbed Dad..

I just couldn't hold back the sobs.

We held each other tight.

Upstairs Winston was holding Cara, telling her it would be alright.

He held up Leah and told Cara to look, to look at her future and the future of their lives together.

As he gently put Leah into her crib he told Cara that it was time for Leah to grow up.
"Not now," she sobbed, "It's too soon."
Winston said that time is one thing we don't have any control of and told Cara to smile for their daughter's sake.

Poor wee Leah aged up in a flash, she was starving and so lonely that it made the Watchers heart break even more.

Winston grabbed her tight and told her how much he loved her...
"All the way to the moon and back my wee darling."

Downstairs Dad was still grieving.

At least Kennedy and I would be able to share some news that might lift his burden.

R.I.P Jon Fox you did so much for this legacy, your collections will be your own personal legacy. The Watcher bids you farewell.