Author Topic: The Fox Legacy  (Read 132183 times)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
Re: The Fox Legacy
« Reply #390 on: November 06, 2014, 05:07:17 AM »
Twice in one day! I need to calm down... What a birthday for Leilani. Welcome to baby Laila. I wonder what more shocks are to come  ;D
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #391 on: November 06, 2014, 06:20:48 PM »
You go, Winston! I like that in Sims 4 there seem to be more possible interactions with Grim than in Sims 3.  Leah and Leilani are so gorgeous; I'm still envious! Great chapter.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #392 on: November 07, 2014, 07:18:20 PM »
@ Shewolf, I guess the fact that he stands there laughing after he reaped Jon makes me less likely to feel any sympathy toward Grim!  >:(

@ KTK10, Hold on to your hat... <sigh> Next chapter gets sad.

@ Brooke, make that three... same day continues in a minute.  :'(

@ Ginj, I wish you could play chess with grim, that would be so cool.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #393 on: November 07, 2014, 07:40:29 PM »
Chapter 77: Jake's Passing

As Laila finished her bottle I heard dad cry out from next door. He'd gone to take a nap after all his last close call with Grim. Only Dad never made it to bed.

I couldn't believe it, not again.
"Do something Kaiden," yelled The Watcher at me, "Oh My Gosh.... No...."
Grim never turned up... we both waited, The Watcher and I desperate for the chance to save Dad.

And then it was over. Dad was gone. For good.
I know Dad had said that he wanted to be with mum, but I never imagined that The Grim Reaper would take the chance of saving Dad from me.
"Why didn't Grim show up?, I sobbed to The Watcher.
I don't know, I don't understand... I don't know what went wrong... She replied sadly.

Harry came upstairs and hugged me. I hadn't even realized he was here.
He told me he'd go sit with the girls while I saw to Dad's urn.
It struck me then, this was it, I was the heir, the head of the family.

I placed dad's tombstone in the memorial garden and took my time to remember him and mourn him.
"Oh Dad, I'm going to miss you more than you'll ever know." It was too soon, there was still so much I wanted to say to dad, and now I'd never have the chance.

I told Kennedy.

She was really strong for me.

She held me close and comforted me.

I went back inside to tell Winston.

He just sat there with a stony look on his face.
"I'll tell Cara", he said.

I went upstairs, checked on Leila and gave myself a pep talk.

Called The Sadness Hotline. I think they're starting to know my voice.

I felt the weight of the legacy on my shoulder's as the hot water rained down on me. Somehow I was going to have to pull all this together. I thought about Cara, and all the girls. They all needed help to complete goals and aspirations. Then there was my hopes and wishes for the future. For the life of me I couldn't see a plan forward. There was so much to do and none of us had even half the skills that the previous generation had. It all seemed pretty hopeless.

R.I.P Jake Fox

You were an amazing heir who gave up most of your own dreams to advance the Legacy of the Foxes.

The Last of your generation.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #394 on: November 07, 2014, 08:10:33 PM »
Nooo *sobs*
So sad to see him go, and not fair of grim not to show up!

Is Kaiden the heir now or is Cara?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #395 on: November 07, 2014, 08:15:31 PM »
Kaiden's the heir easily. Kaiden's completed  5 aspirations to Cara's 3. I've updated the stats page too.  :)
Cara's aspiration required her to get into 10 fights while angry. It's all but impossible. Every time she is mean she becomes happy, it's really, really annoying. Anyway she's got stuck at this point on her aspiration so Kaiden finished his Party Animal which then allowed him to easily complete the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration just by choosing it.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #396 on: November 07, 2014, 08:40:15 PM »
Ahh yes, i random roll all my sims aspirations, so mine have not complete that ammount yet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #397 on: November 07, 2014, 08:52:24 PM »
Chapter 78: Getting A Grip

Harry had been great. He'd helped Leilani get one of her first goals of dancing for two hours. The two of them had danced and chatted away while I been attending to dad.

The next morning I woke up with a new determination. I had a legacy to run.

Before breakfast I told the girls about the changes.

Leah was full of questions about where she would live now. I understood her concerns but gently explained that this was her home forever if that's what she wanted.

Winston held her close and gave her a big cuddle.

"You know that we're family forever, right? I'll always be here for you and we'll always have each other princess."
"And mummy too?" asked Leah.
"Of course mummy too," Winston replied.

"Now give your old man a hug!"
"You're not old yet Dad, you've still got a few years yet before you get too old to know who you are."
"Thanks!" laughed Winston shaking his head.

Winston saw Leah of to school then decided to do a few laps in the pool.

I went to see if Leilani was doing her homework but found her mopping the bathroom. She was taking her place in the legacy very seriously.

I joined Winston for a few laps. I was still really sad about dad but was trying to stay busy.

Kennedy called me over for breakfast while Lelani finished up her extra credit work then went to school.

I spent the morning painting with Winston. He was great, chatting away and telling me jokes to keep my mind off things.

Kennedy spent some time with Cara. She was finding it pretty hard without dad around.

Later Winston grabbed Cara for a cuddle.

Some things never change. She pickpocketed him for $48. Winston was really disappointed and hurt so he chewed her out.

Cara fell back to her usual tricks.

She summoned Maya, who was an elder now. Not that this was going to stop Cara in getting her revenge from the park incident earlier that week.

I went to see what was going on.

Cara launched herself at me. I tried to push her away.

"Cara, there's no way I'm going to fight you," I started.

"But I'm not standing for your nonsense anymore. You will not rip this family apart with your mean spirited and selfish behaviour."

"Yeah?" She jeered, "Well it's a good thing you're not the boss of me then."

She fought tooth and nail. Scratching and swearing her head off. In the end it was all I could do to push her away without seriously hurting her. I told her to go cool it and that we would be talking about this later.

Both the girls returned home from school happy. Leah was now an A student and Leilani had enjoyed her first day and had been given a B.

I went to brew some calming tea to help me calm down after Cara's attack. The tea brewer broke. And then I remembered that it was my birthday today. I was becoming an adult. <sigh> It always all happens at once in this family.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #398 on: November 07, 2014, 11:19:52 PM »
What can I say?  :'( So well written and that shot of Joe, Jake and Jon was so incredibly touching and emotional. I think you did Jake proud with his send off. It's great to see how Kaiden is doing well with coping with the grief and sad had how terrible Cara is coping.  On a side note.. your pool looks amazing and the girls are growing up so well. Looking forward to more!  ;D

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #399 on: November 08, 2014, 03:35:38 AM »
I wonder does the Grim ever give more than just a few hours if he decides to let a sim live... Anyway, R.I.P Jake Fox. Sad to see him go, but I am sure Kaiden will carry on the legacy honorably. He already looks the part.

But I also love Cara - she's makes such a nice change among all the good Foxes.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #400 on: November 08, 2014, 09:40:10 AM »
No, I am extremely sad!  :'( RIP Jake, you will be missed so much.
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #401 on: November 08, 2014, 02:06:06 PM »
@ Brooke, I think I've found a way for you to not be quite so sad!  ;)

@ KTK10, thanks! the girls are really fun to play after so many boys!

@ Tipi, well three times in a row Grim only gave Jake no more then 1 to 1 &1/2 hours extra. It sucked!  Yes Cara seems to have become even more mean since gaining the dastardly reward trait. Now nearly all of her autonomous interactions are mean, even towards the kiddies!  :( Despite that she still remains a loveable character, go figure!!! She certainly enjoys the mean streak that's now running a mile wide through her little sim-soul!

Thanks everyone for reading! I've now given up all hope of condensing this story... I'm obviously writing a saga, so I might as well go with the flow!  ;)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #402 on: November 08, 2014, 02:29:17 PM »
Chapter 79: Kaiden's Adult Birthday

Winston and Cara seem to be fighting all the time now.

And it's certainly not Winston's fault.

He tries to shut Cara down before she says something that she'll really regret. I don't get in the middle of their relationship but I know it must be really hard for Winston.

Cara fights with everyone actually.

All the time.

Or pickpockets. I had to give Both Avery and Stephanie $63 and $42 of my own money; I just felt so bad for them.

I don't know who this was, it looked like Lisa but whoever it was had gone by the time I had even made it to the front door.

I was relieved when I saw our resident rottweiler heading for the pool, least I knew where she'd be for the next hour or so.

The afternoon raced by and so it was time to face adulthood.

Oh thank The watcher I still look ok.

My wife whispered that she found me very... er, well, anyway <cough>

We sat down together, just the family, to chat and eat. Kalani was really sad and missing dad but we enjoyed being together anyway.

Yep, you guessed it.

Later I gave Juliana her $76 back.

Kennedy and I tried talking to Cara about how darn rude her behaviour was, and how inappropriate towards her own family but she refused to listen.

Kalani didn't want his $118 back from me. He said when he was feeling better he'd talk to Cara himself.

Leah had gone to bed, she was tired out from last night but Leilani wanted to gain one more skill level in her mental ability so she headed out to her chemistry set.

Winston was trying to shush Laila but she was really fretful and took some rocking.

Then we had a visitor. Dad was furious and still in his pj's. I know he's going to hate to have to wear his pj's for all eternity.

Kennedy jumped up and gave him a big hug. It seemed to help.

We gave them some time to chat and got to the dancing. Winston told Harry that one of them really needed to go shopping!

We all danced for a bit, it was good to have dad there. Not the same. But good.

I spent some time talking with Dad.

Then Leilani called him over to mentor her. It looks like she got her wish after all.

As I watched them together. I had an epiphany.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #403 on: November 08, 2014, 03:20:00 PM »
Chapter 80: Girly Girls

As we tidied the mess up from my party Kennedy realized that living with a ghost has it's challenges.

Even when that ghost is your father in law.

I guess we're all going to take a little adjusting to daily life together.

It was time to have one last cuddle with nooboo Laila.

I told Kennedy how happy I was. I know asking dad back was a big thing for everyone. It also meant that there would be no more nooboo's as our house was once again full to the brim. Despite all of that I was the happiest I had ever been in my whole life.

Kids age up so fast these days.

"Oh what?' exclaimed Laila as she looked at her unusual birthday suit.

I grabbed her for a cuddle as she was heading out the door. Happy Birthday, I love you darling.
For a glutton she sure was pretty skinny.

"Oh mum, I love you too but I've really gotta change my clothes before anyone sees me!"

I went down to get breakfast for everyone started. Dad was coaching Leilani swimming.

Laila looked much more like herself when she came to join us at the breakfast table. She'd also managed to put a bit of weight on. it suited her.

It was just delightful. As I looked at my household of girly girls I thought my heart might burst with pride.

I gave Leilani and Laila some help with their homework and extra credit work. Then it was time for Leah and Leilani to head off for the day. Laila had a day to get her skills up before her first day at school which would be tomorrow.

Winston jumped straight into mentoring Laila in creativity.

Dad got stuck into filling the fridge back up. It was emptying pretty quickly these days with so many hungry kids around.

After school all the girls played so nicely together. I could spend all day just watching them.

Cara announced that she'd take the girls to the park. I was surprised, usually she isn't so thoughtful.

The girls all played on the monkey bars while they chatted.

Cara played chess with a neighbour.

Leah said that mum had made a special friend. She thought that was good. I think Leah has coped a few undeserved scoldings from Cara so the poor wee kid is probably grateful for Cara being in a good mood.

Leah is an absolute pro on the monkey bars now!

Leilani is getting better every day.

Everyone came home happy from their trip. It was great to see even Cara happy and smiling.

Later, once the girls were all tucked up in bed, I spent some time with my wife.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #404 on: November 08, 2014, 06:57:51 PM »
*sniffles* Poor Jake... though it is nice to see him in the household again lol.

Oh Cara XD  The girls are all so pretty!

anything