Author Topic: The Fox Legacy  (Read 134054 times)

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
Re: The Fox Legacy
« Reply #435 on: January 21, 2015, 05:22:59 PM »
In my opinion: Sibling should stick together. However, if no one going to have effort, or just one person who doing the effort, how they could mend the broken relationship? Geez! Even establishing relationship just not takes it for granted. It must be mutual. But, it’s hard to keep the relationship in the game anyway. Since it’s like take forever to maximize the bar and one mean interaction can drop a lot. Sounds like real life.

<sigh> Cara. Remember that even saint has limits too, if you do that to Winston that means you don’t respect him. It’s such a waste. Except, since the first time you do not love him at all… Or you just were playing around with his heart.

That’s cruel.

But, eh this is TS4, not a real life, eh? So, why bother. Ooh, maybe this is the prologue before he started his ID and changing his name to Dude? Hmm. The suspense just killing me! So, who is the last one? :D
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #436 on: January 22, 2015, 01:25:09 AM »
Thanks for reading everyone!  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #437 on: January 22, 2015, 01:56:08 AM »
Chapter 84: An Outing

"I can definitely see why you like to paint Winston."
"Yeah, it transports you to a different world eh."

"I can see myself losing all track of time doing this!"
"One draw back I guess, but if you want to be a good painter you got to paint from the soul... takes time Kaiden. You got to paint with all your senses, not just your eyes you know."

"Did you have a good day sis?"
"Not bad Leilani, but I've got an idea."

"I don't know Laila, Dad said we had to ask him before we went anywhere."
"Aw come on, you know you want to. We'll be home before anyone notices. Besides I want to make some more friends."

"Wow, sure is pretty round here. I'm going in to see Uncle Kalani. Meet you in the park in a couple of minutes?"
"Sure."
"Don't get into trouble Laila..."
"As if!"

'Cripes Lailani worries too much.'

"Hey uncle Kalani."

"So how's school going Leilani? What have you been learning about?"
"School's good. We've been looking at how to use personification to represent an abstract quality of a person."
"Oh? I always thought personification was a was of describing a person's physical attribute in a non human way!"
"That too Uncle Kaiden but I kinda like the idea of capturing an aspect of someone's personality in a more poetic style."
"You're a bright cookie!"

"I got to run now. Laila is waiting for me in the park."
"O.K. Love, have fun."

"Hi! What's your name?"
"Marquis."
"Woah! Really? I'm Laila. Your name's pretty funny!"
"Yeah, I know... but I'm kinda stuck with it, you know."

"Doesn't bother me. In fact I think your name sounds... well... fancy like something from a long time ago. Like maybe you're a prince from a distant world."
"Yeah, probably not though."

"Hey guys! Come and play!"

"Hi! I'm Laila, wanna play with us?"

"What are you playing?"
"Umm.. pirates... ya know?"

"I think pirates is a pretty stupid game... for babies actually."
"Woah! keep your hair on. All ya got to do is just say 'no thanks'."
"Well, I'd rather star gaze."
"Cool, let's do that then."

"Bye Marquis!"
"See ya Leilani and Laila."
"Oh here you are girls. I've been pretty worried about where on earth you both got to!"

"Are you really cross dad?"
"No, just worried. You should have txted hun, then your mum and I would have known where to find you."
"Sorry, we started playing and I just forgot about the time."
"It's ok. Next time ... use your phone eh?"

"Sorry dad. I wanted to make some new friends and told Leilani that it would be ok."
"You two need to have fun BUT you need to let an adult where you are going to be. Too precious to lose you, you know."

(Thinking to herself) 'Wow, my dad's the best in the whole world.'

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #438 on: January 22, 2015, 02:03:48 AM »
Aww, that was cute!  I love the girls.  They are just too adorable!  Hehehe, I giggled quite a bit with Winston and Kaiden.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #439 on: January 22, 2015, 02:27:05 PM »
Chapter 85: Leilani's A Teen

My Painting goal's going quite well. I've got to find time for a trip to the museum. Apparently the art there is out of this world. Winston's been painting landscapes. He reckons that his last one's so good that if you breath in deep enough you can smell the pine trees. Sometimes he's too 'artsy' for his own good.

As I headed off for another work shift Winston headed for the pool. I'm a little bored with work, I probably should think about a career change but somehow I just never quite get round to it.

Leilani's decided to work on a creative goal despite it being her birthday today.

She pretty confident that with everyone mentoring her she will get it completed before it's time for her party. Leah headed off for her first work shift as a manual labourer. It seemed like a strange choice for her but she said that it's good to learn another skill and besides, she wanted to be able to help out in the garden.

Cara's been great with all the kids.

I think she's beginning to realize that being an aunt is actually pretty special.

Winston thinks that Leilani had a lot of potential as an artist. I think she was surprised by his praise, not because he never praises the kids but because she's starting to think about what she wants to do when she grows up.

Leah's shift went well and Dad's still helping her with her chess strategies. I know he is really enjoying the time he spend with all his grand-kids.

The girls still manage to find time to play with each other despite having such busy schedules.

Laila seems to have perfected the gross joke.

Luckily her and Leilani have many other stories they like to tell each other.

Laila's a bit worried that once Leilani's a teen that she will get left out. I guess their four day age difference must seem like a lot when they're are so young. Watching them play together tugged at my heart a little today. Kalani passed away in his sleep last night before I had the chance to say my goodbyes. I miss my brother badly.

Then it was party time. Just a family event as I didn't quite feel up to staging a big function.

As I looked at my eldest daughter, I couldn't help but be proud of her. She had completed everything she set out to achieve and now was starting out her teenage years more cheerfully than I expected. Perhaps Kennedy and I would be lucky enough not to have any teen-angst with our two.

Leilani looks so much like her mother. I can't really see my side of the family in her at all.

It was a great party and a perfect end to a long busy day.

The next day wasn't quite so hot. Leah had found her long-time frenemies notebook and returned it, only to be accused of stealing and Leilani had taken the opportunity to deviate from the teachers lesson plans during an outside break and had been reprimanded. Both of them were feeling pretty annoyed about their day and weren't in the best of moods.

Khalil had come round to say hi so Laila promptly coerced him into taking her to the park!

I was glad to see them all going together, homework could wait. Sometimes it's just more important to have some fun.

Leah met a local lad, Alvin who she'd seen at school but not had a chance to actually talk to.

Leilani said that she had just hung out and not really talked to anyone in particular.

Khalil had phoned to say that he'd left them all counting stars and debating if the simverse was infinite or not.

I'm pretty sure that Laila has made enough friends to even satisfy her need to be a social butterfly.

Leah told me that Alvin and her really had a lot in common and assured Winston that they were 'just friends'. I guess I shouldn't really laugh at that...

...not that I think I've got anything to worry about with Leilani. Still, you never know I guess.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #440 on: January 22, 2015, 03:20:29 PM »
Uh oh... yes, just friends... that's all they are  ::)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #441 on: January 22, 2015, 07:02:52 PM »
lol Wolf... of course they are!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #442 on: January 22, 2015, 07:41:32 PM »
Chapter 86: Laila's Teen Birthday

Winston was working hard to keep his relationship with Cara alive.

I have to take my hat off to that man. I would have given up years ago.

I decided to give them some space and swing by the museum on my way to visit Harry. I hadn't seen him in ages.

I could definitely see why people enjoyed looking at art. I viewed a few pictures here and there.

Until I came to this one. It just was way too flowery and girly. Ugh, not my thing at all. Sheesh, a man's gotta have some standards.

Time to visit Harry.

I was a bit shocked to see how old he was looking. I guess that's the reality of drinking a potion of youth when your friends don't. I felt a my chest tighten up a bit at the thought of having to watch them all pass on before me. It's quite a hard thing to have to do.

We were soon laughing and joking. Harry told me about some punk that's moved into the neighbourhood. I had to laugh at that one. I guess we were all a bit wild in our day too.

Back at home, Winston had nipped out to the gym and Cara began to put her nefarious plan into action.

Poor guy didn't stand a chance.

Cara took him out to her Rage Studio and basically bet the poor guy black and blue.

Enraging him to the point of cardiac explosion. I'm still shocked to the core and I don't even want to look at her. She says it was necessary for her goals to be completed. I say that goals like that should NEVER even exist. I'm shocked and disgusted by her. Luckily Dad hasn't found out. I'm assuming it will be common knowledge one day though. I'm under no pretentions that something so hideous as this can be kept quiet forever.

Grim was apparently really pleased with Cara and told her that if she continued in this vein he'd cut her a good deal. I have no idea what that even means. I can only guess.

I came home in time to hear Cara pointing out a cloud that looked like the poor guy she had just.... well.... murdered.

Grim pointed out another that he said had her number on it.  Some sort of 'death humour' joke I suppose.

I managed to calm down by painting a masterpiece. I knew I should have confronted Cara. Just not today as it's Laila's birthday. Maybe it would be a good thing if Winston and Cara move out. He seems to be able to handle her much better than I can. Although I think this might tip him right over the edge. *sigh*

Kennedy came home with a promotion. I grabbed her and quickly brought her up to speed. To say she was shocked would be the understatement of the century.

Laila came home after a good day at school and completed her second set of goals. I'm pleased for her. She was starting to worry that Leilani was really so far ahead of her that she would never catch up.

Before we knew it, it was party time and our last little girl was becoming a teen.

After a quick change out of some particularly nasty birthday clothes we sat down to celebrate with one of Kennedy's amazing cakes. As I wished Laila happy birthday I noticed how Matt was looking at Leilani. Then the penny dropped, this was the 'punk' that Harry had been talking about! I had thought at the time he had meant 'punk' as in 'young guy up to no good'... not a statement on his hairstyle! Oh no, maybe he meant both!

When I tried to just give Leilani a quick look of warning about her behaviour all hell broke lose. We had our first fight. She really let rip. Pretty darn embarrassing in front of all the other guests. I hadn't expected that from Leilani and I sure wasn't prepared for it.

I queitly apologised to Laila for causing a scene at her party. She was fine about it and reassured me that really nothing was going on 'cos Leilani told her everything. I didn't even know there was anything to tell about anything. I've got a lot to learn about teenage daughters and I better get cracking before it's too late.

After the party Kennedy helped Laila get a grip on her new high school homework.

And I did a quick tidy up. Then I realized I hadn't actually seen Matt or Leilani since the fight. Dad said he'd been keeping an eye on them both and that they were just outside star gazing.  Oh gawd, what a day.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #443 on: January 22, 2015, 08:21:46 PM »
Ok, I giggled a bit too much at the "murder".  Way more than I should have, come to think of it.  Though seeing Cara star gazing with Grim was even better.  Poor Kaiden... he's got a bit to learn about girls it seems.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #444 on: January 22, 2015, 10:52:10 PM »
Thanks Wolf. Well that murder took a very long time to bring about. Getting a sim to witness another sims death is a random chance so I was soooo pleased that when the townie eventually died from rage Cara actually did witness it. If she hadn't I think I would probably have just left her aspiration unfinished and tried again with a different generation. The poor Townie sim was enraged for at least three quarters of a sim day with Cara constantly jeering, insulting and fighting him. She loved it because of her mean trait... lol. Poor guy, I got the guilts as I watched Grim reaping him!!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #445 on: January 22, 2015, 11:22:29 PM »
lol!  You must be a nicer person than I am... there are times I try to kill off sims and most times I enjoy it... though can't say I enjoy watching my own Sims die.  Especially when the family is bawling their eyes out XD

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #446 on: January 22, 2015, 11:30:33 PM »
Chapter 87: Winston's Ultimatum

Laila: "How was your day sis?"
Leilani: "Great! I found out that Matt and I share four classes."
Leah: "Mine was terrible... I'm sooo bored out of my skull."
Leilani: "Well, I'm going out to the gym to meet Matt so you guys are welcome to come too. 'Bout time we all had some fun."

Laila: "Dad, I might go finish this work out at the gym if you don't mind."
Kaiden: "No problem, don't be home too late."

Leilani: "Urghh, my arms feel like lead weights!"
Matt: "Gotta push through that Leilani."
Leilani: "I've got a better idea."

Laila: "Where are you two going?"
Leilani: "Oh! Didn't see you there sis. Just getting some fresh air for a min. Eh Matt."
Matt: "Eh."

Leilani: "I'm glad we're really good friends Matt...."
Matt: "Hm, me too. You're fun to hang with."

Matt: "Oh! Well, that was nice!"
Leilani: "I thought that's what you wanted."
Matt: "Sure! Who's going to say no to that!"

Matt: "You're really pretty Leilani."
Leilani: "You're not too bad yourself, you know."
Matt: "Time to head back tho, before we're missed eh. Even tho' staying here with you, like this is pretty tempting!"

Laila: "I hope you know what you're doing Leilani, and I hope he's worth it."
Leilani: "Of course he's worth it. OMG, he's gorgeous!"

Leilani: "Did you see the way he winked at me when he said bye.... I can't wait to tell Leah."
Laila: "Boy, you sure have it bad!"
Leilani: "Huh?"
Laila: "Never mind. Time for home tho' or we'll have dad come looking for us again."

Leilani: "You're not going to tell Dad that I've been with Matt are you?"
Laila: "Nope, but you better tell him yourself soon sis, 'cos Dad's not stupid."

Winston: "Cara, I know it's late but we need to go and talk somewhere."

Cara: "So you see, the guy basically was going to die soon anyway..."
Winston: "No! Cara! Stop! I can't believe you are even going there with all of this."

Winston: "Enough I'm telling you! I've stuck by you through thick and thin... through all your foul mouthed tantrums and mean spirited arguments. But I've had enough now Cara."

Winston: "Either something changes right now or I'm out. You need to quit working for that criminal outfit, stop behaving like a mob-queen and start making reparation for all the bad things you've done. In that order."
Cara: "Gasp!"

Winston: "Make the changes Cara. Start living like the rest of us. We all want that for you. Me most of all."

Cara: "Right, so let me get this straight. I start living how you dictate to me and then you'll all be happy eh?"
Winston: "Huh?"

Cara: "Who do you think has driven me to living like I do? Eh? Why do you think I do all this stuff that you all of a sudden seem to not like?"
Winston: "Woah up Cara. I've been really clear about this stuff right from the start."

Winston: "You think you can worm out of facing up to your crime by blaming me? Yeah, here's some news babe. You can't. This time you've gone too far and it stops."

Winston: "I mean it. I'm telling you like it is and how it's gonna be."

Cara: "I can't just quit, I don't know how to."
Winston: "It's easy. You work tonight letting them know you won't be back. Tomorrow we start figuring out how to make reparation to everyone you've hurt and then you don't look back."

Winston: "Come on Cara, you know this is the right thing to do. This isn't you, not the real you."
Cara: "Are you going to stick around to help?"

Winston: "I'm gonna be there, with you, every step of the way. As long as you're walking the straight and narrow babe. But you've got to make the first step. Tonight."

Cara: "O.K. I can do this, right?"
Winston: "Right. If you don't Cara. I'm not going to stick around living like this, with you the way you are. Tonight is the last and first opportunity for you to start living life correctly."
Cara: "I can do this. I can."

Winston: "Why does it feel like I've just had my heart ripped out?"
Kaiden: "Don't know but she better make the change or she's out of here too."
Winston: "It's gonna be a long night eh."
Kaiden: "Yep."

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #447 on: January 22, 2015, 11:50:28 PM »
o.0 Oh my... wow, that's quite the ultimatum Winston.  Though can't say she doesn't deserve it.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #448 on: January 23, 2015, 12:28:03 AM »
So many updates!! Feeling very lucky right now! First off.. how cute are the girls now? Just gorgeous!! Especially Leilani. Sorry that Kalani died and I''m glad that he got some visitors before passing on.
I am glad that Winston put his foot down with Cara, and was actually surprised when she agreed - well done Cara! Did love the startgazing with Grim - but also do hate the new requirement of witnessing a death - going to be difficult I think! Great writing as always Playalot!  ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #449 on: January 23, 2015, 02:57:42 AM »
Aw thanks you two. You guys are such faithful readers, it's awesome! I tell you, I've had such a fun day playing with the Foxes and their dramas. Its been a blast! I was quite surprised when Cara started cloud watching with Grim. All my sims keep hitting the ground and either star gazing or cloud watching (I think the daytime one's called). It's so annoying it's actually funny! They used to all head for the computer... now its the ground! lol So yeah, Grim's officially an autonomous cloud gazer!  :)

I'm pleased Winston's finally put his foot down. I mean, far out! Getting away with murder's a big deal.  :P