Author Topic: The Fox Legacy  (Read 134185 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Fox Legacy
« Reply #450 on: January 23, 2015, 03:32:05 AM »
Chapter 88: Cara Makes Amends

Looks like its just going to be one of those days. Laila accidently let it slip that Leilani's only "kissed Matt once so don't worry Dad". I swear my heart stopped beating for a second.

Unfortunately my response was fairly primal. 'I'm going to kill that boy', I think were my exact words. Yeah, not exactly parent of the year material.

I'm pretty sure Laila ran straight upstairs to tell Leilani of her mistake. I was still on the countdown from 100 at that point.

Laila was pretty upset that she had betrayed her sisters trust but after all if you haven't done anything wrong then you won't have anything to hide.

I know that once I've calmed down I'll be able to discuss this rationally with Leilani. Won't hurt her to sweat it out a little for a while anyway. At least until my blood's stopped boiling.

Cara came home and ran to find Winston straight away. He'd been down by the river fishing.

She told him the good news that she'd quit her criminal career and was ready to start making amends. I know he'll have been relieved to hear those words.

Cara doesn't realize how close she came to losing Winston last night and I don't think she has a clue as to how lucky she is to have a guy like that to help her through the apologies and confessions.

The last confession and apology was always going to be the most difficult. Cara nearly backed out from sheer fright.

It's no small thing to confess to murdering someone's husband.

I have no idea what words Cara used to even begin to explain her actions.

Even Winston didn't go in with her for this one.

I feel so badly for the widow. I can't imagine what Cara's actions have done to her.

Winston told me that Cara gave her a very expensive gift as a mere gesture of heartfelt grief at her actions. I know that she intended it as compensation and a way of supporting the widow through her elderly years. I also know that Cara is also nearly bankrupt now. Its good that she did that.

As far as I can tell there was no forgiveness offered but that's something that Cara's just going to have to live with.

That and the knowledge that her actions have caused a tremendous amount of heartache and grief to many people.

Winston had said that he was really nauseous with anxiety while waiting for Cara outside. This whole mess has taken it's toll on all of us but I think mostly on Winston as somewhere along the way he has started feeling like some of it was his fault.

He said he felt almost giddy with relief when it was all over.

They spent some time down by the lake. Alone together, talking about the future and what to do next.

Winston asked Cara to be his wife and admitted later that instead of it being a happy event it somehow was incredibly sad. Like somehow, along the way, he'd lost something precious.

They exchanged vows quietly, placing their trust in each others strength and hoping it was enough to get through all this mess and allow them to build a happy future.

And by the time they came home they were husband and wife.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #451 on: January 23, 2015, 03:42:18 AM »
Awww, I feel so bad for Winston Dude (I can't think of him as anything else... I just can't!).  Poor guy...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #452 on: January 23, 2015, 08:20:05 AM »
I'm cautiously optimistic about Cara... very very cautious!! Glad you are having fun with the Foxes again... I think we are all benefiting from it!!  ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #453 on: January 23, 2015, 07:59:05 PM »
Chapter 89: Family Time

The next morning started with a chat with Leilani. I wasn't looking forward to it really.

As she explained to me what had happened between her and Matt it was only my promise to Kennedy, not to blow a fuse, that made me keep my cool.

I took a deep breath and started explaining why our choice of partner in life was so important being a legacy family.

Leilani understood what I was saying but I could see that she was winding herself up a bit. I reminded her that she was still so young and that there were plenty more fish in the sea so that she didn't need to make any important decisions right now.

I asked her how she actually, really felt about Matt and if he felt the same. She said that she spent every waking minute thinking about him and she thought that maybe he liked her a lot but they hadn't ever talked about it all.

When I expressed my relief that it was probably just a crush that would fade away Leilani looked like she would cry.

She told me that I didn't know anything and that despite sounding so wise I hadn't a clue about how she was feeling and that her feelings wouldn't change no matter how Matt felt. I was a bit stumped by that so I told her that her mum and I would go around and meet Matts dad and get to know them a bit. I don't know, it looks like the Foxes are a little unlucky in love, well at first any way. I remembered how hesitant Kennedy had been initially, to commit to becoming my wife, and my heart went out for my baby girl. I seriously hope Matt hasn't commitment issues. That's really going to test us all if that's the case.

As I left for work I could hear Leilani complaining to the girls about how embarrassing it was that Kennedy and I were going to introduce ourselves to Matts parents. Made me laugh a little, if that's all Leilani has to worry about then her life would be pretty sweet.

Dad was great and calmly chatted to Leilani about his teen years and about how tricky it had been for him falling in love with grandma. Leilani took all his advice without complaining once. I don't know whether to be thankful or slightly jealous at his success. I guess it's that special bond between grand parent and grandchild. I remembered that my elder birthday was just around the corner. It seems like life is just racing past. But one thing I know is that I am grateful to be part of a family that pulls together. It's good not having to do everything by myself.

Winston seems far happier. He spends a lot of time helping Leah with her goals. She paints the prettiest girly paintings.

Cara even seems happy. As a family they are spending all the spare time together... without any fighting or yelling. Cara really seems to have turned a new page.

Thank goodness.

Kennedy is really enjoying her success at making video games. I guess being a geek, this really was her hearts desire all along.

My youngest daughter is taking her fitness goals very seriously and has taken up the Foxes habit of running.

Cara grabbed me as soon as I got home from work. Our relationship is really good now. She apologised for everything, literally. I stood there for ages listening to her list all the things she had done to me. Some of them I already knew about. Some of them I didn't. To be honest I didn't really care anymore but I think she needed to really, finally clear out all the baggage between us.

Kennedy has talked Winston out of moving away. I'm glad. I don't know what I'd do without my beautiful, capable wife. I really don't. She seems to be able to build this family up and keep it together without even missing a beat.

Winston and Cara didn't want to go anywhere for a honeymoon. They said that they didn't want to miss out on any more time with Leah after having missed so much sorting out all that other stuff.

I'm quite sure their marriage will be a long and happy one.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #454 on: January 23, 2015, 09:15:07 PM »
*puddle of goo* I just got caught up on the whole thing. I'm in love with this family. You write so beautiful .. I am gonna find Winston and sim nap him.  ::)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #455 on: January 23, 2015, 11:02:07 PM »
aw, thanks! I think there is a version of him up on the gallery. If not let me know.  :)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #456 on: January 23, 2015, 11:07:09 PM »
I love this legacy, Playalot! I'm so in awe of you all that are storytellers.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #457 on: January 23, 2015, 11:11:16 PM »
Thank you so much judewright  :) I've been having a lot of fun with them for sure. So glad you're enjoying the story.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #458 on: January 23, 2015, 11:37:36 PM »
Chapter 90: Leah Becomes A Young Adult

I had to hurry this morning. I was meeting Kennedy at the McCains.

I gave Kennedy a quick hug before we went in.

I was looking forward to meeting Matts dad, but I was glad Kennedy was with me as it would give me the chance to talk to him alone.

Dwayne is a great guy. We became firm friends quickly.

Kennedy told me that she likes Matt. She said that despite being a bit of a rebel at the moment, he has a soft heart. Beats me how she figures this stuff out. I can't get passed his hair.

I launched into my 'legacy family talk'.

Then all of a sudden it occurred to me that I might really be handing over the reins one day, as it were, to Matt.

Luckily Kennedy covered the awkward silence in her gentle way. I couldn't help but think how absolutely beautiful my wife was as I watched her.

We spent the afternoon just hanging out and chatting. It was good.

Then it was time to start greeting the guests for Leah's adult birthday party. As I chatted to Juliana (my niece, Kayleigh's daughter) I noticed that Matt and Leilani looked so pleased to see each other. I think this is a 'thing' whether or not they are ready to actually admit it.

Leah stayed as beautiful as ever. She now has Winston's childish nature but better being a child at heart than having Cara's mean streak.

Cara was the first to congratulate her. She looked lovely, so relaxed and happy.

Leah's relationship with her mum certainly has had it's ups and downs but thankfully it has survived and they are good friends.

Winston and Leah have been the best of friends and now have a really strong father-daughter bond.

We danced and ate pretty much until dawn. The usual Fox party.

Leah finally summoned up the courage to tell her crush how she really felt. Luckily he felt the same. Could that be wedding bells I hear in the near future?  before we knew it was time for the girls to go to school and Winston and Kennedy had to drag themselves off to work a little hung over and pretty tired.

And then the unthinkable happened.

There was little we could all do. The sprinkler system malfunctioned and none of us could get anywhere near Cara to put her out.

As Cara went down in a blaze of glory, Grim came calling.

He reaped her amongst the towering inferno.

And Dad was finally able to get in to extinguish the flames. But by then, to all intents and purposes, it was too late. Cara was gone. Forever.

As Grim left and I cleaned up the mess. My thoughts turned to Winston. He'd be coming home soon from work to some devastating news.

Winston put up the last present Cara gave him in the memorial garden. A picture called "End of Time". She had given it to him as a wedding gift signifying that she would love him that long. Until the end of time.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #459 on: January 24, 2015, 03:48:06 AM »
....... I can't... I... AAAAAAAHHHHHH!  No!  No, that is too cruel!  Oh poor Winston!  I'm crying... Play, you've made me blubber like a baby!  I-I can't even be all excited 'cause Winston was up on the gallery.  Now I'm just depressed.  *sniffle sniffle*  Lovely writing, as always.  But so sad!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #460 on: January 24, 2015, 03:59:40 AM »
I think that version of Winston might need a fair bit of tweaking in CAS. Broader shoulders and some bulk. I think the first version of him wasn't my best. I'll check it tomorrow and PM you if its the 'wrong' version. If you know what I mean.

And yeah, poor Cara. Least she left this world having set everything to rights I guess.  :-\

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #461 on: January 24, 2015, 04:05:07 AM »
*sniffle* I won't even be able to download him.  I'm out of state till Monday.  But soon as I get back, I'll download him.  Hm... *thinks what Sim of mine would be perfect for him*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #462 on: January 24, 2015, 04:08:33 AM »
*passes tissues* Give him a happy long life, poor man deserves some happiness. A whole lot of happiness actually considering he keeps 'losing' his spouses. *sigh*

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #463 on: January 24, 2015, 06:23:25 AM »
I can only say two words. "Amazing Story!"

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #464 on: January 24, 2015, 08:48:49 AM »
Shock of the year!! OMG!! Bye Bye Cara  :o