Author Topic: The Fox Legacy  (Read 132175 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Fox Legacy
« Reply #465 on: January 24, 2015, 11:24:49 PM »
*passes tissues* Give him a happy long life, poor man deserves some happiness. A whole lot of happiness actually considering he keeps 'losing' his spouses. *sigh*

I certainly will!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #466 on: January 25, 2015, 12:19:53 AM »
Chapter 91: Things Hot Up

Matt came round to make sure Leilani was alright and not too upset after losing her aunt. They really only had eyes for each other. Matt's starting to grow on me. Seems like he cares for Leilani in his own way after all.

I managed to lose myself in my music for a while and it was a welcome distraction. We had a Bonfire Party scheduled for the next night. Winston didn't want to cancel it so in some ways I was looking forward to being surrounded by family and friends.

The Bonfire Party started off well. It was really atmospheric, sitting out under the stars warming your hands by the bonfire and all that.

I BBQ-ed up some shish kebabs.

And told a few stories around the fire.

I strummed a few chords, warming up the guitar strings ready for a sing-a-long.

Then all of a sudden Laila and Juliana spontaneously caught fire!

Luckily Leilani sprang into action and put-out her sister. While Leah was equally efficient in helping Juliana.

Just then I saw that Marcus was in trouble. Somehow the fire had spread onto the veranda.

Thankfully I got him under control. Good simverse! We were all stressed out of our heads! This was not the chilled out, laid back party I had planned at all!

Poor Marcus was pretty disgusted and uncomfortable.

I grabbed my guitar and started a campfire song to help cheer everyone up.

Sausages were roasted side by side with marshmallows.

Then Dwayne ignited. I was upset and pretty fed up with this stupid party by then.

Dwayne was extinguished. But no one could extinguish the spreading fire that began to consume the picnic chairs.

We all fled to safety by various exits.

Apart from one of our neighbors who, for some unknown reason, was quite happy to stand next to the burning inferno for ages. And ages. And then some further ages.... and so on.

Eventually the fire burnt itself out. We gathered back round the bonfire in a futile attempt to salvage the party.

The wise chose to play cards inside.

Unfortunately I then caught fire. As I was rather busy trying to put myself out, there are no photos. (Read that as frozen in terror until The Watcher in her great magnificence was able to do some fancy saving, exiting, restarting, etc etc, computer work.)

Eventually, we sat down, once again, to roast our marshmallows... until most of us just gave up in disgust and wandered off to our respective homes.
Sad reflection is that we will need to attempt this party again one day as a silver medal just isn't good enough. I would like to say that I never want to do this again...*sigh*

Least love flourished amidst the drama.

Even better, a love that is reciprocated.

I heard Matt tell Leilani; 'See ya at school babe' ....

And then topped off a nasty night by walking in on Laila. *sigh*

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #467 on: January 25, 2015, 12:22:27 AM »
Shock of the year!! OMG!! Bye Bye Cara  :o

Nice still to be able to surprise you!  ;)

I can only say two words. "Amazing Story!"

Thanks LenaLJ  :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #468 on: January 25, 2015, 12:59:04 AM »
o.0 Wow, the bonfire party looks insane... and has the potential to be deadly XD

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #469 on: January 25, 2015, 01:12:15 AM »
Yeah, it's real name is "Weenie Roast" but that doesn't 'translate' too well down here in New Zealand... so I prefer "Bonfire Party"  ;) And IMO it sucks.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #470 on: January 25, 2015, 01:15:51 AM »
Yeah... doesn't too well here in the States either XD They should rethink the name on that one.  Then again, it IS the Sims XD lol

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #471 on: January 25, 2015, 01:52:07 AM »
Chapter 92: Winston's An Elder

Dad and I both woke up with the same idea.

Dwayne popped in to assure us that he was unharmed after last nights fiery incidents.

It's good that Leilani and Dwayne are getting to know each other.

I spent some time painting with Leilani.

She said she was trying out a new, more cartoony style. I'm hoping that the muscly one is supposed to be me. I've got a sneaking suspicion that the one mowing the lawns with the glasses is me though. I hate mowing the lawns.

Leilani informed me that she was going over to Matts to hang later on. I immediately checked to see if Dwayne was going to be there. Then Kennedy kicked me under the table. I've got to try to relax about this whole relationship. My baby girl is growing up.

Winston's been doing some epic work outs. He wants to be in perfect shape before his elder birthday later today.

Leah's working hard on getting many different skills learnt. She's determined in her quest to be a renaissance sim.

I concentrated on polishing up my chess skills. I was getting a bit sick of Matt thrashing me.

Luckily I had a secret weapon. Dad shared some good tips.

Winston helped the girls with their homework. Laila didn't want to do hers but Winston made her knuckle down and get it done.

Dad helped Leah with her piano playing technique.

And Winston headed out for a quick swim.

While I mentored Laila.

Leilani perfected her chicken stir-fry because she said it was Matts favourite dinner.

Before too long Leah's playing sounded beautiful.

Winston really didn't want to have his birthday but seeing as no one can stop the relentless march of time, he just had to suck it up.

He thought for a few minutes then decided just to take a deep breath and get on with it.

The cracking of his back had me a bit worried.

But seeing as he was up to his usual party jokes I guess he wasn't feeling too bad, considering.

Leilani ducked out of the party a wee bit early to keep her date with Matt.

They had organized a movie.

So that was cool. Can't get up to much watching a movie I'm sure.

Actually, I should just give Matt a break. I'm like a bear with a sore head about all this 'dating my daughter' stuff.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #472 on: January 25, 2015, 02:05:30 AM »
*giggles* Oh Kaiden... you are such a doll!  You poor thing... and Winston is old!  Again!  *note to self: either aging off, or lots of potion of youth for Wintston's game*

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #473 on: January 25, 2015, 09:31:30 PM »
Sheesh! You must have been terrified when Kaiden caught on fire! I haven't tried the 'weenie' roast (which means quite a different thing in our side of the world doesn't it? haha) and I'm sorry to say I'm glad that I read this story first - so going to give it a miss for a little while  ;) So many potential Sim deaths? So strange..! Glad nobody actually died and I am very interested in how the Matt/Leilani relationship is going to pan out.. and yes.. you can absolutely still surprise!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #474 on: January 25, 2015, 11:19:03 PM »
Yes, the whole party was just one big 'sims on fire' fest. Crazy. In retrospect I guess it is pretty funny, but at the time it was frustratingly dangerous! I might have either rage-quit or cried had Kaiden died in the blaze, however he didn't so next time I'm keeping all the heirs etc away from the fire.

I haven't been able to find out Matt's traits apart from 'Creative' so I assuming the other trait is something we don't already have in the dynasty house which could be a good thing. I'm not sure if Leilani and Matt will still click as young adults but it won't be long till we find out at any rate!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #475 on: January 26, 2015, 01:45:21 AM »
Chapter 93: Kaiden's Elder Birthday

We all woke up super early today before dawn to squeeze in a workout before school and work etc.

I put everything I had into this workout. The last before I become an elder. I'm not ready to be old. Not by a long shot.

Once the girls had gone to school I gave Leah a few quick tips to help with her playing.

And then, that was it. Time for my last shift at work as an attractive non-old man. *sigh* I don't know where the time has gone. I still have so many plans and things I wanted to do...

When I got home I got on an energized high and made the most of every minute I had left.

I gave Laila a few pointers on her swimming stroke.

But eventually I realized that all this denial was pretty pointless. Now I know why Winston had been in a funk all day on his elder birthday. I decided to just grin and get on with it.

As I called in the party request Leilani assured me that everyone would still love me when I was old and useless. I could have quite cheerfully throttled her at that point.

Even Kennedy was in a bad mood about it all. She could hardly bring herself to even look at the cake. Winston tried convincing her that it wasn't so bad... you know.

And so... it was time.

Ow, yeah. It hurts.

Still, apart from the grey hair and the weirdly instantly thickening of my waist... it's not so bad... you know.

The girls tried to cheer me up with kindly meant compliments.

And Kennedy gave me a pep talk. Much more of this 'ra-ra' attitude and I think I'm going to have to take up kick-boxing.

The next day was rather strange with just dad and I in the house. Everyone else was either at work or school. I just kind of wandered around not really getting much done.

Dad introduced himself to Dwayne, who looked slightly bemused at finding himself chatting to a ghost. I guess we all just take it for granted now and forget that to others it all must appear a bit strange.

Matt comes round most days now, which is actually really nice. Once you get to know him you realize just what a great kid he is. He treats Leilani like a princess, so, you know, I can't complain about that.

And Winston's found another love.

Seems more fires were lit at the bonfire night than we all thought.

We are all pleased for Winston and Bianca, especially Leah. She says that her dad deserves happiness and is just delighted that he has found someone who is kind and gentle and who loves him as much as he loves her.

It was no surprise really to any of us when they announced their engagement.

But Winston says for now they are happy being engaged and living apart.

Kennedy and I hung out after work. Both of us thinking about the next few days ahead which would see some big changes to our lives.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #476 on: January 26, 2015, 02:25:27 AM »
Chapter 94: A Wedding

Laila's got a boyfriend. Jovan. Nice kid.

Makes me feel a bit bad in hindsight, about all the stick I gave Leilani and Matt. But it's always the unknown and all that with your first born. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Winston's taken up fixing everything which breaks. Which is making me quite nervous. He says he knows what he's doing. Let's hope that is not famous last words.

The afternoon was spent chatting and quietly getting ready.

Matt and Leilani disappeared off upstairs somewhere to hang out.

But ended up spending most of the time until the wedding in the pool. Matt really likes to be active although he says it's not a personality thing, more like a habit.

Either way, it suits Leilani as she would live in the pool given half a chance.

It's good to hear them laughing with each other. Nothing better as a parent than knowing your kids are happy.

It's a pretty full house some days, with all the kids boyfriends hanging out. But today was something special, and not just for Leah.

The bride looked stunning.

The moonlight wedding was perfect.

And as they exchanged their vows I heard Winston sniffle, just a little. My eyes weren't all that dry either.

We all were captured by the beautiful picture that the newly weds made but Winston couldn't take his eyes off his gorgeous daughter. She was just glowing.

Even Matt was looking rather thoughtful.

Winston couldn't wait to jump up and hug Leah.

The newly weds shared the first slice of their wedding cake.

I caught Leilani bringing Matt a slice of cake. For some reason it made my eyes tear up! I must be getting sentimental in my old age.

Leah and Winston managed to steal a little dad-and-daughter time. I know he wanted to remind Leah how much Cara loved her and to tell her how beautiful she looked. He's very proud of Leah and rightly so.

And then we pretty much danced until just before dawn and ate and enjoyed each others company.

Then the newly weds slipped away to their home to start their new life with each other. We're all going to miss Leah so much but luckily for us, she is only moving to next door.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #477 on: January 26, 2015, 02:50:05 AM »
Chapter 95: Leilani's Young Adult Birthday

As soon as the newly-weds left it was time for Leilani to become a young adult.

Although we had invited her school friends the principal wouldn't excuse them even for an hour so it was a rather quiet small family party.

Kennedy just grabbed Leilani. I know she was really emotional that her first little nooboo was now a young adult.

I have to admit to having a lump in my throat too.

Leilani became a bro. That with her goal of becoming a famous chef would have got a less cheerful young lady down but Leilani just said that she would pursue her love of sports once she had completed her cooking goals and it was just a small hiccup in the big picture of life. I must admit to being rather stunned at her announcement as I've never seen a more girly-girl in my life. I have no idea where or who in our family has ever been a bro... how strange. Still, I'm proud of Leilani's attitude to this and her determination to start her cooking career immediately.

Winston had to rush off to work as he was already late.

And my poor darling could hardly drag herself up-right but still had a full day of work ahead of her.

Leilani spent most of the day practising her mixology skills.

She helped Laila with her homework then wasted no time in asking Matt over.

I had been expecting tears when Leilani realized that they were different ages but Matt had already celebrated his birthday before coming over and was a rather handsome, if materialistic, young man.

Winston and I headed for the gym.

It didn't take long though, for us to be distracted from working out, by telling each other unbelievable stories until the wee hours of the morning.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #478 on: January 26, 2015, 03:39:35 AM »
So many updates! Got to love it. Really pleased for Winston - maybe a normal relationship coming up for him? And the Bro trait.. you must have been  :o What? Better than a slob I guess! Keep them coming  ;D

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #479 on: January 26, 2015, 11:39:40 PM »
Oh my, missed so much!  Awww, so glad Winston found another love!  Wait... I'm home now!  I must go and find him!

anything