Author Topic: The Fox Legacy  (Read 132052 times)

Offline markarch

• Townie
    • Fletcher Legacy
Re: The Fox Legacy
« Reply #480 on: January 27, 2015, 06:06:50 AM »
I forgot that you always updated it daily, love it. I was just away for a couple days and there's so many updates already!  ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #481 on: January 27, 2015, 03:50:10 PM »
lol.. yes I tend to go all out for a while, playing until I get a generation to a certain age or stage etc. So a lot of updates in quick succession.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #482 on: January 27, 2015, 04:21:45 PM »
Chapter 96: Laila's YA Birthday and Winston's Happy News

It had to be done. All of us were a little nervous this time around. So at first we just hung out, enjoying each others company and not putting any more wood on the bonfire, at all.

I told a story which thankfully, resulted in no one spontaneously combusting.

Grilled up some chicken while some hotdogs got roasted.

Kennedy told a story...

And then that was that. The bonfire was extinguished promptly and I tucked the gold medal away safely with all the others. I had achieved every party type possible, all at gold level. I'm glad. Really glad actually. It takes the pressure of the next generations. Now all they have to do is enjoy themselves.

Winston took Laila to the gym and mentored her...

... until he spotted Leah and became distracted.

Leah had some exciting news... Winston was going to be a grandpa! He was utterly delighted at the fabulous news.

Laila completed her fitness goals and now she would enjoy a long healthy life.

Leilani asked Matt to move in.

He had already thought about what this meant and didn't hesitate to say yes.

I'm pleased for my daughter. She loves him so deeply and from what I can tell, Matt feels the same. Looks like the girls dreams are all coming true.

As I left for work I reminded Laila to behave herself. lol She found that quite embarrassing. It's good to rip them a bit still. Can't have the girls thinking I'm going soft in my old age.

Leilani completed her cooking aspiration ... and managed to get pepper in her eyes. Still, now she is free to really follow her hearts desire.

And of course everyone is totally thrilled at Leah's news.

Matt has quite the knack for telling unbelievable stories that are so convincing he has you believing him, until the punch line.

Laila organised her own young adult birthday. She has set for herself the goal of being a Party Animal! We were all still getting changed and milling around so strangely missed the actual blowing out of her candles.

But we made up for it later, making sure she was the centre of attention and making sure her party was a success. She's a very good sim now, taking after her mother. Just has to watch that gluttonish habit of eating everything and anything. I think that's where her fitness skills should help her to stay healthy though.

So we danced and told jokes.

Matt and his dad took the time to have a chat. I think Dwayne really misses Matt now he is living here.

As usual Laila's party lasted until past dawn. This gave Matt the time he needed to make friends with all our neighbours. He really clicked with Leah's husband who he had already met of course, but I guess now that they were both young adults they had a lot more in common.

I took the time to get to know Jovan better. Chances are he and Laila are going to get serious now. He had his birthday just before Laila.

Once the party had wound down, Kennedy and I took Laila aside and we chatted about her part in the family legacy. Leilani was by no means the certain heir and we wanted to let Laila know that it would be decided through hard work and outstanding merit alone. There was still all to play for.
She had a few questions about it all but on the whole I think both the girls will do their best regardless of the final outcome once I have ... well, past away.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #483 on: January 27, 2015, 04:54:23 PM »
Chapter 97: Another Party

Matt starts every day by jogging. Apparently some of our neighbours quite appreciate this.

Winston told me that Grim has sent him a letter asking him to get his affairs in order. I choked back sudden tears and told him to quit his job and take things easy. Real easy.

Winston quit his job immediately. Thank goodness.

Leah came around. The nooboo is making her very uncomfortable so Winston hugged her and told her to come in and have some breakfast to keep her strength up.

Matt got a bit of a shock as he listened to Leah's pregnancy complaints. Probably had never heard of such things. Well, won't hurt him to know about what's ahead of him.

Leah went into early labour and Matt insisted on taking her home in case she needed her husband. We all went with her.

Laila decided to throw a small, informal party while we were all waiting for Leah's nooboo to be born. She said it would help us all take our minds off the wait.

Winston was the recipient of some more thrilling news. Bianca was pregnant so Winston was going to be a daddy again.

I wonder at them not wanting to live together. Maybe it's a case of once bitten twice shy. Cara certainly wasn't the easiest of partners. Either way Winston and Bianca share a strong love.

We all sat down to eat Leila's garden salad. I guess she isn't the best cook yet but her salad was excellent and healthy.

Leah's labour pains were getting stronger.

Winston chatted and joked with her, distracting her through each one.

Laila made a new friend, debating about how to fix all the woes of the Simverse.

Bianca and Winston shared a few quiet moments together.

Matt became glued to the TV when he realized his team were playing against their long standing rivals. He's taken up the position of some importance on his team so was looking forward to getting back to work in a few days.

Marcus joined Matt watching the game. Both were stoked when their team won.

Leah just couldn't stop cleaning despite being obviously extremely uncomfortable.

We finally persuaded her to sit down and watch some TV.

Matt downed his breakfast with his usual energy drink.

Then headed off for his usual morning jog.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #484 on: January 27, 2015, 05:29:24 PM »
Chapter 98: Kennedy's Day

Kenndy wailed that she didn't want to get old. 'I know love' I replied as I just held her tight, 'none of us do.'

I assured her that she would be beautiful to me for the rest of her days.

Once everyone had arrived Kennedy got straight to it.

Yeah... that back thing...

Leah had insisted on being present despite STILL being in labour. Winston sent her home early. I think we are all a bit worried that the nooboo will never arrive.

So, you know, we danced, chatted, ate, joked until dawn. As you do. Enjoying the company of great friends and family.

Kennedy quit her job. Well... I suppose I should say retired actually, that's more accurate.

I just couldn't resist any longer. I grabbed my wife and kissed her soundly.

As everyone headed for home or work...

Kennedy and I headed to our special spot. I struggled to keep up, might need to hit the gym later.

It was so peaceful and still down by the river.

I reminded Kennedy of how it all started, really started for us all those years ago. Right here, in our special spot.

We have shared a wonderful life together so far and I told Kennedy how much I was looking forward to our retirement together. Having the time to talk and be with each other again.

As dawn broke I held Kennedy close and told her she was the light of my life and how glad I was that she was my best friend, lover and the wife of my dreams.

It was a special moment. I remember proposing to Kennedy as if it were yesterday. We had been through some tough times but boy did we get it right in the end!

I played my wife a love song I had secretly written for her birthday.

And then asked her if she would like to go home, as I looked at her in a way that she knew exactly what I was thinking.

For those of you who want to take a trip down memory lane back to when Kaiden proposed it's in chpts. 64 and 65  :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #485 on: January 27, 2015, 06:58:48 PM »
Awwww!  So cute!  That was just too sweet!  Did Leah ever have her baby? XD Poor girl.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #486 on: January 27, 2015, 09:22:44 PM »
So sweet! I always get super nervous when my favourites become elders.. and when you start doing the soppy things I get even more terrified!! hahaha.. Let them all have reasonably long elder lives.. please  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #487 on: January 28, 2015, 02:09:20 AM »
@Shewolf13  answer to that question's coming right up.
@KTK10 , lol very true though... time waits for no man and all that  :P

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #488 on: January 28, 2015, 02:27:13 AM »
Chapter 99: Nooboos

Winston finally got the call he was waiting for this morning. He's a grandfather and a father again, all in one day!

He couldn't wait to get round there.

Took his time telling Bianca how much he loved her.

Then just so excited he couldn't wait any longer...

...to met his brand new baby daughter, Tiana.

He was so happy...

...that it brought tears to his eyes.

He gave Tiana her first bottle.

And then raced to the Leah's room to met his grandson Aden Fox.

Winston said he was a pretty tetchy and he could see a bit of Cara in him.

Kennedy and Winston spent the afternoon talking about Tiana and Aden while he mentored her in painting techniques.

I've been enjoying practising my bar tricks again. It's been a while since I've done them all but I've still got it going on.

Matt and Leilani almost live in the gym. With both of them now having an athletic career they take their fitness very seriously.

I heard some strange noises coming from the girls old bedrooms. Winston said he was just tidying up... sounded more like a Star Wars reenactment if you ask me.

We all headed out to the gym where Leah was already working out.

I gave Matt a few tips.

Not that he really needs them. He's almost at his top physical condition.

I think it's a shame that it is so difficult to advance in sport. I know that Matt is champing at the bit to get a promotion.

He certainly knows how to get the most out of his work outs! Pheweeey!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #489 on: January 28, 2015, 02:30:18 AM »
Awww!  Congrats to Winston!  A daughter and a grandson.  Lucky guy!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #490 on: January 28, 2015, 03:22:06 AM »
Chapter 100: Making Hay While The Sun Shines

I had to bite my lip this morning. Matt looks all tough and whatever but as soon as Leilani starts... he melts. Cracks me up.

The head off to work each morning pumped up on their special diet and energy drinks. Although Leilani doesn't drink those, she takes a brisk shower instead.

I'm still enjoying dabbling around on the bar.

I found an ancient recipe the other day at work that allows skill building to happen at an accelerated rate. I'm pretty pumped about that.

Dad's taken up the guitar.

And of course Winston and Kennedy are still working on art and such.

Tiana's growing up so fast.

She spends most afternoons after school with Winston.

He tells her often how much he loves her and tells her stories about him when he was little. I know he is trying to give her a lifetime of memories in a few short weeks, maybe less. All he says to Tiana is that, 'You have to make hay while the sun shines, right?' She just gives him a big grin and cuddles him right back.

Winston's been trying to teach Tiana as many skills as he can. Leah and her husband have promised to 'adopt' her so that she will be looked after and loved. Goes without saying that we will all be doing our bit too. She is such a beautiful child.

They played chess today, with Winston teaching her as they went along. He's had his second letter from Grim now. It can't be long.

Tiana likes to play computer games most of all but she loves spending time with her dad in the studio.

When it's nearly her bedtime, Winston gets up, takes her by the hand and walks her home.

Laila's been throwing parties most nights. Just small casual ones with a few friends. And Jovan of course.

Her cooking skills are coming along, but she still prefers to whip up a garden salad.

I think Matt sneaks into the kitchen and grabs some steak or chicken when Laila's not looking. He likes salad but says it leaves him hungry still.

Most nights are spent chatting. Matt and Leilani usually quote an early start as a reason to slip away for some alone time.

They don't seem in any hurry to get married but I guess that's the modern way of doing things. As long as they are happy, I'm good with that.

Its usually quite late when Winston gets home from walking Tiana back and spending time with Bianca. More often than not we sit up and chat over a drink. These days have a sweet ache about them. I guess that's what getting old feels like for everyone.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #491 on: January 28, 2015, 06:44:02 AM »
I have such a terrible sinking feeling about Winston.. But what amazing updates! Tiana is so cute, I bet she is going to be a stunner when she ages up. And a brand new epic love has evolved with Matt and Leilani - *sigh* happy.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #492 on: January 28, 2015, 11:14:10 AM »
*sniffle* This feels like such a bitter sweet chapter... Watching Winston with his daughter is so sweet, but just makes you realize it won't be long now.  I'm going to bawl like a baby, I know it.  I'm already preparing myself for it.  Also, I get irrationally angry when those warnings come up for my Sims.  I start snarling and denying it XD

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #494 on: January 28, 2015, 03:45:13 PM »
I know guys... those last warnings have me dreading "The" moment.  :(