Author Topic: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- October 6)  (Read 36618 times)

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- Dec. 18)
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 06:54:12 PM »
Good going, Marian! I'd forgotten how pretty Olivia grows up; will definitely need to keep her in mind. 

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 07:16:38 PM »
Pinocles picture is about the reaction I had when I was reading Pinstars Legacy rules.  So yeah, I can understand his feelings.  Looks like you're doing very well!  Just don't wait too long or your founders friends might start dying off. 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2014, 11:46:47 PM »
This: "He invited Anaya over to the house, where we didn't cramp his style at all."  made me choke on a mouthful of coffee.... my laptop nearly fell to the floor as I choked and laughed at the same time! The screenshot is just so funny... it's making me giggle all over again as I type this. lol  ;D

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2014, 07:41:34 AM »
@Ginj, yes, Olivia does grow up to look quite nice, although I'm not crazy about the outfit that the game gave her.

@dethdukk, as soon as Bezique makes that last friend, she'll get the ambrosia. I think it's only the first generation that has the 100+ ages; in my other game, they start out at 72 or 73.

@Playalot, sorry to make you choke. :) It was so funny that everyone had to come and check them out.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2014, 10:11:26 AM »
Chapter 9 – First Ambrosia

I was going to wait – but then Zoe had her elder birthday, and three of my good friends showed up with gray hair, and I realized that I might have less time than I thought.

I made friends with Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis when Risk went over to see how she was doing. I think she was actually in labor while I was talking to her – she groaned from time to time while I was talking to her, and Risk kept running around the house in a panic. I offered to leave her in peace, but she said, no, chatting with me was a good distraction.

The day finally came when I could make ambrosia. I used an angelfish caught by Mitch, a deathflower grown by me, Mitch, and Zoe, and a potion of youth that I bought.

Gavin talked to me while I ate the concoction. There was nothing wrong with the taste that a little honey wouldn't improve. I kept getting weepy while I was eating, but Gavin cheered me up. He had every intention of haunting me, he said, and because of my hard work, his son would get to become an immortal, too. But what about Mitch and Zoe and J? I asked. Mitch and Zoe would never have gotten together if they hadn't moved in with us, he reminded me. And he was pretty sure that J had enjoyed adding to the population of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. Risk seems to be having fun, too (he's the father of Shelly Granger and Valentin S-K-L, by the way).

I don't know whether it's the ambrosia making me feel more mellow, or the realization that I don't have to worry about my requirements any more – no more friends I have to make or parties I have to throw or frogs I have to breed. I'll still have to make sure there's plenty of salad on hand and keep the garden going and help Pinochle with his parties, but I finally feel like I can sit down and read a book without feeling guilty about it.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- Dec. 21)
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2014, 11:53:39 AM »
Congratulations on your first immortal.  :) Beautifully written.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2014, 05:11:23 AM »
Congratulations on your first immortal.  :) Beautifully written.

I second that! :) What a lovely way to bring the reign of the founder to a close.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2014, 06:33:28 AM »
I am slowly getting through everyone's stories.. but it's taking too long! I am going from the top down. Really great story telling and I've enjoyed reading all about your first gorgeous immortal - good luck with your second!  ;D

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2014, 11:27:49 AM »
I second that! :) What a lovely way to bring the reign of the founder to a close.

Thirded!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2014, 08:41:52 AM »
Thanks, everyone!

Part Two – Pinochle Melapis

Chapter 1 – Comings and Goings

Pinochle has asked me to continue as narrator. He's better at expressing himself through his painting, he says. I'm not sure what he's trying to express here, but it's his first masterpiece, so we're all excited about it.

On his day off, he decided to throw a house party. I baked a cake for him, and he invited Aron and Kacie as well as the rest of our household. He got a gold for the event, although I don't think he talked to anyone but Kacie. She actually had her birthday at the party and turned into a lovely young lady.

During the party, Mitch got a reminder from Grim that he was on his list. He didn't know when it would happen, so he took a moment to tell Zoe how much he'd always loved her, and how happy he'd been throughout their marriage. At least, I assume that's what he said – I'm not one to eavesdrop. (Pay no attention to the green arm at the left.)

The next day, Pinochle asked Kacie out for a date. He took her to the library, which seems like an odd choice, but he says he picked it because she's a bookworm.

He got a gold medal for the date, too.

Better still, Kacie agreed to become his girlfriend and to move in with us.

They came home to a sad scene, however. Mitch said, "What's that light?"

And then he collapsed to the ground.

I have to admit that I felt awful. Just a few hours before, he'd handed me a couple of Potions of Youth to help with our family's ambrosia. Indeed, it's because of Mitch that we have all the angelfish, and he was a big help with the death flowers, too.

Risk has been the chief mourner, however. Zoe has been quite calm – she says it's because she knows she'll be joining Mitch soon. He was 111 when he died.

I do feel sorry for Risk -- Zoe has been trying to prepare him for the inevitable.

The next day Gavin left us.

I can't say anything more about that except that he was 112 and a fan favorite as a writer.

J is still with us, probably because of all the exercising he's done. He's been using the time to make amends to some of his children.

Kacie has forgiven him enough to beat him at chess.

She's a lovely girl – outgoing and a bookworm and genius. After she moved in, she changed her hair so that it was the same style as the one in Pinochle's painting of his "dream girl."

I think Pinochle would love her no matter how she wore her hair, but I do think the style is more flattering than what she had before. I'm glad she didn't change the color – I'm looking forward to having a red-haired grandchild. (I don't think Kacie is enjoying pregnancy much.)

Perhaps Pinochle is hoping for a carrot-top, too? Or perhaps he's been inspired by the work he's been doing in the garden.

The poor boy does feel like he's in a race against time, but at least he feels like he's winning. He's almost completed one aspiration, and he's accomplished all of his whims and three of his parties.

As for me, I decided to retire from my job.

You might think I've taken up drinking instead, but really, I'm just making sure we'll have enough on hand for Pinochle's next party.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- Dec. 24)
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2014, 03:04:25 PM »
Pinochle has chosen well! Congrats on the Nooboo, looks like Pinochle is speeding his way through the requirements.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2014, 06:28:17 PM »
I'm a bit late to the party, but congrats on your first Immortal!  RIP Mitch and Gavin!  Pinochle is just flying through his requirements!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2014, 08:55:53 PM »
Chapter 2 – Christmas Presents

The week started sadly with Zoe's death.

And I had a scary message from Grim, which caused me to take another helping of ambrosia (I think that stuff is going to become addictive).

Risk wasn't particularly happy about becoming an adult.

But Pinochle seemed to enjoy his birthday.

Pinochle was really pleased when Kacie told him what would be arriving for Christmas.

I think Risk was more horrified than excited when he found out what was on the way.

Kacie was just glad to get rid of all the weight she was carrying.

We were all surprised when we got two instead of the usual one – here's Cribbage (in green) and Chess (in yellow).

J and I had first dibs on cuddles as grandparents.

Then Pinochle was allowed to take his turn.

J and Kacie got together for a family photo. You can tell that she inherited his cheekbones and jaw, but her eyebrows definitely came from her mother.

So Cribbage and Chess (and Risk's daughter Marlene) were our Christmas presents.

The babies weren't the only surprise, however. Risk got a chance to talk with his mother again.

And Gavin came and took his turn on diaper duty with his granddaughter.

They don't stay babies forever, though. Cribbage was the first to grow up into the obvious descendant of his father and grandfather. He's a little genius (inheriting that trait from his mother) and wants to be a Whiz Kid.

I read The Pizza-cat-i Polka to him, satisfying aspiration requirements for both of us. (I'm working on Big Happy Family, but I know I'll never complete it, because I don't intend to adopt any children.)

Then it was time for Chess to join us. She inherited the bookworm trait from her mother and wants to be a Whiz Kid, too.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- Dec. 26)
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2014, 10:52:42 PM »
Welcome Cribbage and Chess!

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- Dec. 26)
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2014, 01:30:40 AM »
Wow, such a busy household! A very, very warm welcome to the twins. :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin