Author Topic: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- October 6)  (Read 36617 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- Dec. 26)
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2014, 03:04:43 AM »
Cribbage and Chess are just gorgeous! Congrats on twins

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2014, 07:54:45 PM »
Cribbage and Chess, welcome. Sorry I laughed at your names, hopefully when you get to school there won't be rude people like me laughing at your expense!  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2015, 12:33:49 PM »
Congrats on your first immortal! J is such a wonderful choice as pollinator, those genes are to die for. The house is pretty amazing, I can never manage to get tiered sections right. Can't wait to see what the next generation get up to.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2015, 12:39:08 PM »
Watcher's Note: Sorry it's taken me so long to update this -- I had the flu and didn't feel like writing.

Chapter 3 – Ghosts and a Ghost Story

J finally joined the other ghosts. He'd lived so long that his death almost came as a shock – I was thinking he'd be immortal like me. I guess it was all the exercise – maybe I should hit the treadmill?

However – as Grim pointed out to Zoey – working out after you've expired does no good at all.

Gavin made a reappearance, and Pinochle was happy to see him.

Meanwhile, we're enjoying the twins. Even though Cribbage is a little genius, he doesn't mind being hugged.

And Chess is able to beat him occasionally at what she considers "her" game.

One Friday evening Pinochle pulled me aside for a few minutes. He was thinking about taking Kacie and the children on a camping trip. Would I mind terribly if I didn't come along? I thought about it for a few minutes. No sleeping in a tent with people who have dined heartily on beans and franks. No chilly showers in a mosquito-infested restroom. No close encounters with fireleaf or bears. I sniffed and said that I would manage to survive but I wanted lots of pictures. Then I worked off my feelings by chopping up a salad.

To my delight, Cribbage put together a little album for me:

Dear Grandma,

As soon as we came to Granite Falls, Mom sat down with a book, The Night the Moon Forgot to Shine.  She says it's too scary for children, but I can read it when I'm older.

Dad went fishing.

And while he was fishing, a bear came along and fished next to him.

Chess and I found a chess board and played for a while.

Then we went back to our campsite and played horseshoes (I won.)

Mom and Dad had fun at the campsite, too. We asked them how they made the tent jump up and down, and they said they were doing calisthenics.

That evening, we had a weenie roast. Dad told us a ghost story, and I saw a real ghost, but I didn't get a picture.

Mom played the guitar so we all could sing "I've been working on the railroad."

The next morning Dad went fishing again, and I went with him. I didn't catch anything because I was busy watching the eagles and trying to figure out how they could fly.

Then it was time to come home to you – and that was the best part of the trip! Love, Cribbage
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- Jan. 19)
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2015, 08:31:33 PM »
Oh that was adorable!  Loved Cribbage's letter.  So cute!  My favorite part was 'calesthenics' though.  My parents used to tell us that too XD

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2015, 09:57:42 PM »
What a gorgeous update. Wonderful way of using the outdoor retreat pack by writing a letter.. I think I am loving Cribbage a lot!! Looking forward to much more.  :D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2015, 08:32:52 AM »
Aw, cute update, I really like Cribbage and the Granite Falls looks like a lot of fun.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2015, 10:49:36 AM »
Chapter 4 – A Wild Wedding

Grandma asked me to write about the wedding. She says she's too upset – it brought back memories of when she and my grandfather got married.

I met my grandfather last night. He's a ghost now. He told me I would never be a ghost 'cuz I'm going to be an immortal. I think I'd rather be a ghost.

He showed up the night I set my chemistry set on fire. Uncle Risk put it out. Everyone else (me included) ran outside. Anyway, my grandfather told me that Uncle Risk set the chemistry set on fire once when he was a kid.

Okay, so the wedding. Well, first my dad had to propose to my mom.

She got all excited and jumped into his arms.

Then the Watcher set up an arch and some chairs and flowers, and Dad called to say he was having a wedding. He invited some of the people we met when we went camping and Grandma and Uncle Risk.
Mom discovered that her wedding dress had shrunk since Chess and I were born, but Dad said it didn't matter what she wore, she looked beautiful in anything.

Anyway, they got married.

Then Grandma tried to bake them a wedding cake, but the refrigerator wasn't working. It wasn't something we could fix by replacing the refrigerator. It was really spooky because everything went totally black for a few minutes, none of us could move or anything. Then Grandma went and fixed a cake only now she was in her bathing suit instead of the long pink dress that she'd been wearing. Dad had changed clothes, too, and Mom was out in the observatory. He cut the cake and then went outside to give a piece to Mom.

Grandma said she didn't know whether to laugh or cry, and then she went outside to talk to the plantain tree. That's when she asked me to write about the wedding.

The next thing that happened was that Chess got all bent out of shape because no one cared enough about her to read to her so that she could become a Whiz Kid, too. So Grandma got out The Pizzicato Polka and read to Chess for a while (she read it to me a long time ago).

Grandma also had a long talk with Uncle Risk. I don't know what she said, but she told me that it was important to remember that not everyone could be an heir and that helpers were very valuable and sometimes they got their feelings hurt.

"Like when Mom came home and no one was there to congratulate her on getting a promotion?" I asked.

"Exactly," said Grandma.

I don't know. I still think I'd rather be a helper and get to become a ghost than have to complete all these requirements. Dad has to throw another party and fish a lot more and make a bunch of friends. I wouldn't mind the fishing so much, but getting married and all that – I wish Chess could do it instead.

Dad caught two more angelfish, which Grandma was happy about (he's holding a kissing gourami in the picture, just so you know).

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (new -- Jan. 31)
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2015, 11:08:44 AM »
I think in time Cribbage may enjoy being the heir. Glad the cooking bug got fixed in the end  :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2015, 11:48:03 AM »
Ugh, that cooking bug is annoying!  So far, clearing caches has worked for me.  But it does come back every now and again.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2015, 10:07:28 PM »
You have such a wonderful way of working real life into your stories! I loved how you handled re-setting the game. Great writing MarianT  ;D

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2015, 09:48:36 AM »
Great story.

I may decide to uninstall The Sims 4 (and the Origin server in general) until they fix this glitch. I need the memory on my computer because it lags and freezes my MMOs whenever I play for too long while I'm watching Youtube videos and I believe it's because The Sims 4 is hogging memory which could be used to run processes. I hate being a wet blanket(and it took a while to come up with a statement which didn't sound like a rant) but as long as game-breakers like this exist, I can never fully enjoy playing the Sims 4 and I have non-buggy games which vie for my attention(like Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix - I'd rather throw my controller at the screen after failing Critical Mode a zillion times rather than have to deal with a bug in The Sims 4 that FORCES ME TO QUIT, REPAIR THE GAME, AND RESTART!) so EA had better step up their game lest they lose me as a customer.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2015, 09:53:07 AM »
Thanks everyone -- the Melapis family is on hiatus at the moment until I finish the Baby Boomers.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2015, 01:50:41 PM »
Chapter 5 – Getting Re-Acquainted

The Supreme Queen has been busy with other families in Oasis Springs, so she suggested I remind everyone of who we are. These are my mom and dad, Pinochle and Kacie Melapis. Mom was kind of tired when I took this picture.

This is a better picture of Mom. She's hurrying off to work. She doesn't need to have a job, but she says that she likes to get out of the madhouse occasionally.

This is an even better picture of her, in her new formal.

My dad is a great painter, a Painter Extraordinaire (that's French for extraordinary). Now that he's become so great, he can spend a lot more time fishing.

He got a new formal when Mom did. He doesn't know if he likes the sparkles, but at least it doesn't have tails like his old one.

This is my Grandma. Her name is Bezique. She's making fish tacos because she says we're all getting too fat, and she just found out that fish tacos have 0 calories. She thinks if we all eat fish tacos and go swimming, we'll achieve a better BMI, whatever that is.

Here she is in her new formal, which she says is a lot more comfortable than the old one.

This is Uncle Risk. He's not really my uncle, but Grandma says he might become my father-in-law one day. I don't see how that can happen because he's not married. I don't even think he has a girlfriend.

This is my sister Chess. I was going to say that she's totally useless as far as the dynasty requirements are concerned, but Grandma reminded me that she did help me by playing chess with me. I guess, but I got really tired of her saying "Meck chate!" all the time.

And this is me. My name is Cribbage Melapis, and I just got an A in school. I've got a bunch of stuff to do so that I can become an immortal, but if you're reading this, you probably know all about that. Here I'm reading a book so that I can complete a whim for the Focused emotion.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Melapis Immortal Dynasty (off hiatus -- June 22)
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2015, 02:03:20 PM »
Pleased to meet the family.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

anything