Author Topic: Immortal Dreamers (updated on Mar 1)  (Read 28558 times)

Offline Zosa

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Immortal Dreamers (updated on Feb 10)
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2015, 09:43:01 AM »
Chapter 11

Walter Sparks might be a grumpy old codger, but he was willing to do his part to help out. And when you thought about it, fishing before work was fun as well.

Accustomed to bright sunshine most of the year, the Dreamer household wasn't keen on the rain or cooler temperatures. Danica was a good student and made it a point not to miss the bus again.

The weather wasn't great for gardening; Delilah didn't want to be struck by lightning while on her tractor. Instead she opted to learn how to make Ambrosia while rocking in front of the fire.

Piper painted outdoors on the little porch of the guest house.

And Darren painted Danica's portrait indoors.

Walter proved as long as you are alive and kickin', it's not to late to accomplish goals. He received a promotion at work.

Darren completed Danica's childhood museum pieces. Her childhood portrait was nicer than her toddler one due to *someone* remembering that lighting up the subject was important *facepalm*

The Dreamers finally began to use their new dining room and kitchen, although they still continued to use their cramped living and sleeping places. It was a blessing to have a table large enough for eight sims.

The kitchen area, while not yet complete, was so spacious that even Danica didn't mind helping with the dishes.

Walter was enjoying his life and relaxing in a rocking chair as often as possible.

When Delilah attempted to complete her final BlackOps, the man she was delivering produce to died while she was en route *sigh* Delilah reacted by eating in the park. In the dark. Because she was hungry and had food from work in her pocket.

Darren was a good dad to Danica. Delilah was missing time with her daughter due to her work hours.

Delilah learned how to make Ambrosia!

Yes!

And darling Darren went to the graveyard. Outdoors. In the dark. And caught three Deathfish for his wife.

Delilah's man had earned to the right to sleep in well past the sunrise.

Instead of just building out, the Dreamers began building up. Danica would not be sleeping in the small room off her parents small room anymore. Danica would have her own room upstairs complete with an ensuite bathroom. The living furniture was moved to the sparsely decorated living room off the kitchen and the large room that once held rocking chairs and a couch was now Darren and Delilah's bedroom. Granted Darren and Delilah would have to use Danica's or Walter and Piper's guest house bathrooms, but they were pleased with the progress in building and having more space.

Delilah had planned on Supermaxing Cooking, but instead she Supermaxed what was turning out to be her true love, Gardening.

To be honest, she was loathe to leave her gardening and rush to work.

But her hard work paid off, she received another promotion!

But Delilah felt some frustration as it seemed in a house this full of sims, they spent a lot of time alone due to their schedules.

It was becoming difficult to find time to connect with each other.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Immortal Dreamers (updated on Feb 17)
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2015, 09:52:37 AM »
*cough* Yes dear, proper lighting is required when painting.  :P Great update. Yep Gardening can be fun. But when your using snow, I opt for an inside greenhouse. I think Colt might like the tractor to much. LOL

Congrats to the ole codger for getting a promotion.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2015, 11:01:50 AM »
Hope Delilah gets her final BlackOp, the Grim can be so rude to founders and heirs  >:( The new extensions to the house are looking great. It's wonderful that Delilah found a love for gardening.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2015, 07:44:55 AM »
Wow, you're really doing well!  And I just love Walter.
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2015, 08:34:02 AM »
I looooove this hair on Delilah! Is it a store hair? I've never seen it before.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2015, 02:45:36 PM »
Darren completed Danica's childhood museum pieces. Her childhood portrait was nicer than her toddler one due to *someone* remembering that lighting up the subject was important *facepalm*

I've done that too  ::)

Offline Zosa

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2015, 08:10:01 PM »
Hope Delilah gets her final BlackOp, the Grim can be so rude to founders and heirs  >:( The new extensions to the house are looking great. It's wonderful that Delilah found a love for gardening.
Most of my games involve self-employment and a ton of mods so I was worried that I wouldn't get opps with ITF installed, but in this clean file they are popping up like crazy. The tractor makes the gardening more fun for the sims and me!

Wow, you're really doing well!  And I just love Walter.
Thank you!

I looooove this hair on Delilah! Is it a store hair? I've never seen it before.
Yes, this hair is one of my faves and it comes with the dance studio venue.

I've done that too  ::)
I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Zosa

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2015, 09:24:56 PM »
Chapter 12

When a couple gets busy meeting goals and raising a child, they can forget to take the time to connect. Delilah and Darren tried to make time for each other when they could.

Danica received her first opp. Delilah decided to wait until Danica was a Young Adult before she told her about the Immortality Challenge. But she intended to guide her daughter until then and encourage her to accept opportunities as they came up.

Darren was a very supportive husband, he managed to get Delilah a replicator and worked on increasing his Handiness skill so he could upgrade it's memory.

Piper and Delilah were pretty much on the same schedule and thankfully got on well even with living together. Delilah was relieved to receive another work opportunity and completed her her six required Blackops.

Delilah was looking forward to completing all her tasks and becoming Immortal. She had decided that once she reached that goal, she would retire from her job, farm and dote on grandchildren.

Danica worked hard and completed her first opp.

The Dreamer home was a mishmash of half-finished and sparsely decorated rooms. Darren and Delilah had grown tired of using Danica's or the Sparks' bathrooms, when they had a bit of money they decided to spend it all on the master bathroom.

It seemed impossible, the entire household eating together, but they tried.

Piper was a pretty good cook and more than willing to help out in the kitchen.

That left Delilah a little more time to spend with her family.

Danica's birthday had arrived, but she still had school to attend.

Delilah was enjoying her new oven and baking cinnamon rolls much to the delight of the household.

Delilah posed for her adult ice sculpture.

She was NOT amused at what Darren produced!

With her mom and Piper at work, Danica celebrated her birthday with Walter and her father. Her new trait was Lucky.

Danica hadn't even had time to change clothes when the college recruiter came by... and developed a crush on Darren. Awkward.

Danica immediately set out working on her Athletic skill.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Immortal Dreamers (updated on Feb 19)
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2015, 12:35:49 PM »
Many congratulations to Delilah for getting her Ops done. That ice sculpture always makes me laugh. Happy birthday to Danica, hope she's willing to continue helping her Mum. I love the bathroom, it's so beautiful.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Zosa

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2015, 08:57:42 AM »
Many congratulations to Delilah for getting her Ops done. That ice sculpture always makes me laugh. Happy birthday to Danica, hope she's willing to continue helping her Mum. I love the bathroom, it's so beautiful.
Thanks! I've never really played with sculpting much and I was really surprised. All I could think is if my RL hubby did that to me, he'd be in big trouble LOL Thank you, I'd like a bathroom like that IRL  ;D

Happy birthday to Danica! She's going to be a lovely teen for sure  :)
Thank you!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2015, 09:03:43 AM »
Colt likes to put those out around generation 6/7 I think he does it to make them mad, because he knows he can!! LOL

Offline Zosa

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2015, 09:22:23 AM »
Colt likes to put those out around generation 6/7 I think he does it to make them mad, because he knows he can!! LOL
I can just see him doing that LOL

Offline Zosa

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2015, 09:50:05 AM »
Chapter 13

Delilah and Darren's anniversary arrived and they decided to spend the day together.

Danica was a helpful teen and more independent now, helping around the house and getting to school on time.

Darren took his next attempt at sculpting Delilah seriously.

Delilah was pleased to see the museum pieces in place.

While everyone else went about their day...

Delilah and Darren slipped off to the spot where they got married.

They renewed their vows.

And went out for a romantic dinner.

They sneaked past Danica while she was working on her homework...

And ended the day with some good, clean fun  ;)

Walter was doing very well for someone that was 104 years old.

Delilah still loved gardening barefoot in her jammies. She was a farmer girl at heart.

Darren taught an art class at Danica's school. Like most teens would react, Danica pretended she didn't know him.

When no one else was around, Delilah found herself taking to her plants.

And Darren was delighted to discover that there was a way to fish and be indoors.

Offline Zosa

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Immortal Dreamers (updated on Feb 21)
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2015, 11:12:13 AM »
Chapter 14

Delilah wanted to encourage Danica in her pursuit of athletics, but make it fun too. She bought her daughter a soccer goal.

Delilah also made over Danica's bedroom befitting a sports obsessed teen.

While her schedule was insanely busy, Delilah tried to gather when she could. She was mindful that she needed more deathflowers.

Not only was Walter still alive and kickin', but he was still going to work and earning promotions.

Danica loved her soccer goal, using it every chance she could.

Not only did Walter keeping working but he continued working from home and going into the hospital for overtime.

Danica had a number of friends at school, but she was closest to a guy named Gerry.

Danica also tackled her second opp. Since she saw Darren more than Delilah, they were growing closer now.

Darren's elder birthday arrived. Delilah and Piper would be at work that evening, but Darren would celebrate with Danica and Walter.

In addition to cooking meals, Piper was very helpful with baking treats for the family.

Darren was feeling his age and needed a nap to get through his day.

Everyone went through the motions as if it was any other day.

Darren even managed to create his first marble sculpture.

anything