Author Topic: Collection Obsession: Gotta Catch 'Em All  (Read 39660 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Collection Obsession: Gotta Catch 'Em All
« on: March 03, 2015, 01:09:11 PM »
Collection Obsession: Gotta Catch 'Em All

Goal
Let's be honest - gamers can be an obsessive bunch. You don't just want some of a given collection. You want the whole thing. I remember spending every last dime I had on Wacky Packages when I was in grade school to to complete an entire series. So, we're offering up the perfect opportunity for you to feed that obsession with this challenge. Start collecting! 

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create two Young Adult Sims.
  • No household additions allowed.
  • No life extension methods are allowed.
  • The only collection items that can be scored are "official" game collections listed at Carl's Collections Guide.
  • The "Easter Eggs Collection" from April patch does not qualify, cannot be scored as collection items or complete collection.
  • The "Geodes Collection" from GET TO WORK xpac does not qualify, cannot be scored as collection items or complete collection.
  • The Get to Work EP is banned for this event. You may install it, but please avoid the new content - Aspirations, careers, skills, whims, etc.
  • This challenge ends when both Sims have their Elder birthday.

Scoring

Scoring is a combination of individual collection items as well as a multiplier for complete collections.   

Collection Items — Open up either Sim's Inventory (Press the I key) and then click on the Household Collections icon. All collections listed have a first number and a second number to indicate the ratio of how many items you have found in every collection. Add up all the first numbers in the whole list and award yourself 1 point for each item.

CC Multiplier — If you can assemble a complete collection, then you may add 10% (.10) to your multiplier. Take a look at the top right of the Household Collections tab and look at the Completed Collections number. Take that number and multiply it by 10%.

Total — Take your Collection Items score and multiply it with the Multiplier for your Total. I’ll walk you through an example.

Example: Both of your Sims have turned Elder and now it's time to stop your file. At this point between the two of them they have amassed 94 Collection Items, including a complete Crystal Collection (20/20), a complete Frog Collection (25/25), and a complete Metal Collection (20/20).

94 Collection Items = 94 points.
Multiplier = 3 complete collections = 3 X 10% = 1.00 + .30 = 1.30

Total = 94 X 1.30 = 122 (always drop any decimals)

Participants are required to take a screenshot after opening their Household Collections tab in case the team needs verification.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, Nutella, LenaLJ, Trip, and Blackrosea) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Collection Items     CC Multiplier     Total     
LenaLJ2432.30558
ClayMask2532.20556
Nutella2502.20550
krzyman212472.10518
Ginj2502.00500
thekatie04092322.10487
fivebyfive2422.00484
callycat2372.00474
kirkbysims2481.90471
GlazeyLady2421.90459
december222381.90452
Nikitachi2471.80444
oshizu2421.80435
fluffyj002411.80433
Brisayshi2162.00432
MSUCalli2381.80428
Metropolis Man2351.80423
MomOfMany2401.70408
Nelleam2131.90404
HelenP2281.70387
white_crane2101.80378
sdhoey2221.70377
MarianT2331.60372
Slarts2281.60364
frogsgoribbit7372071.70351
Kirstie2191.60350
alyssa.cole2101.50315
TimeStop1961.60313
Plum2081.50312
Celebrin2081.50312
CynKuy2001.20240
MischaMusic1701.20204
mayayeti721051.10115
MissZoef1081.00108
Deklitch121.0012
Shewolf13--1.00DNF

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Collection Obsession: Gotta Catch 'Em All
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:24:08 PM »
I've always been far too lazy to collect, hopefully this challenge will get me started.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 01:29:06 PM »
I was wondering how you would handle a collections challenge, and this looks great. One question -- if you have more than one of an item, do you count all the items or just one? An example would be you have 5 Tiger frogs. Does that count as 5 or 1?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 01:51:44 PM »
I was wondering how you would handle a collections challenge, and this looks great. One question -- if you have more than one of an item, do you count all the items or just one? An example would be you have 5 Tiger frogs. Does that count as 5 or 1?

The Household Collections info "should" count that as 1/x number of frogs needed for the frog collection.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 02:18:53 PM »
Thanks -- I thought that was what was meant but got confused.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 06:02:28 AM »
I have some questions regarding collection items from Outdoor Retreat.

I notice that with additions to previous collections made with Outdoor Retreat, instead of adding to the ratio of the the original collections figure, it just says "+ number" in red after the ratio, with number being however many you have collected of the items.  I assume we should add that to our total collection items number?

Also, I'm not sure if the game counts it as a complete collection if you only get the items from the base game, and not Outdoor Retreat.  Anyone know?  Would you prefer that we count it exactly as the game counts it in this regard, or do you have a different preference?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 07:42:52 AM »
For the players with Outdoor Retreat Pack:
Gardening -- 32/32 will be the complete collection.  The +10 is just extra items you get to collect and add that into your collection items points.
Fishing -- 22/22 will be the complete collection.  The +5 is just extra items you get to collect and add that into your collection items points.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 12:19:14 PM »
YAY!! A challenge that might give me a fighting chance. LOL I LOVE Collecting in sims 4. I've already made my two sims and have them ready to go. *excited*

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 05:49:47 PM »
All you do is grab the collectibles? This sounds up my alley. I will probably do a test run this week or next to see if I can do it(and try to wean myself of the cheats I use) and then try it out. Put me down on the list!  ;D

BTB, love the Pokemon reference! One of my favorite RPG franchises!  ;)
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline emiwankenobi

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 12:19:52 PM »
This looks like a blast. Count me in!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 08:33:38 AM »
This rule....

• All collection items scored must be placed on your lot with a screenshot taken at the end of your file in case the team needs verification.

...was removed because of some confusion caused with the scoring system of using the collection tab - items sent off to the Geological Council would count towards the tab stats but would be consumed in the process and you would not be able to take a screenshot of them. We are requiring you to tale a screenshot of your collection tab though in case questions arise.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 10:43:15 AM »
Count me in! I love collecting! This'll be my first official challenge other than a dynasty! ;D One question, can people with Outdoor Retreat travel to Granite Falls to get the collectibles from there? Sorry if this was said above, and I just didn't notice!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 10:59:34 AM »
@Artsygirl

Allowed.  Outdoor retreat pack is allowed and there is no restriction on travelling.

Offline Cat_Mom

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2015, 12:47:59 PM »
LOL!  Obsessed exactly describes me when it comes to collections. And yes, I gotta catch 'em all!   This challenge sounds like something I might enjoy doing, even though I already have collected everything there is to collect. This is one aspect of the game I find very enjoyable. I've housed a sample of each item in the museum for all Sims to enjoy, and they do. I doubt if I could do it in the time allotted, but it would fun anyway.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 06:08:39 PM »
I'm loving how each challenge focuses us on a particular aspect of our gameplay while deprioritizing other aspects.
In the challenge guidelines, Metro wrote:
     We are requiring you to tale a screenshot of your collection tab though in case questions arise.

I don't know how to take a screenshot of my collection tab. I tried, unsuccessfully, to search the forum for an answer.
Could anyone direct me to a thread which explains how to do that?  Sorry to ask such a basic question...

anything