Author Topic: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (Graveyard Please)  (Read 62884 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (02/08)
« Reply #315 on: August 02, 2015, 03:12:46 PM »
Epic! Foot massage from Grim... just EPIC. Wonderful chapter, RIP Dina.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #316 on: August 02, 2015, 06:24:59 PM »
Ok, I'm officially jealous of your decorating and all those wonderful TS3 items I keep seeing.  Where/how do you get it all?  I think I may be too chicken to use the CC though as my pc is almost maxed already.  Love the decor, love the story and that foot massage from Grim.....outstanding!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #317 on: August 04, 2015, 09:58:13 AM »
@KRae It's a lot of fun, they did a brilliant job with this pack.

@Tixxis Ha ha, Kessy might be an old lady now, but she knows how to get my attention.

@Playalot Dina will be missed so much, her previous incarnations from the other games didn't get much love so I think I may have to play her in TS3 some time.

@Joria Gonna send you a PM. I love what they brought with the Spa pack, everything is getting used in my build, apart from the lights and the glowing mirrors *shudders*
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #318 on: August 04, 2015, 10:39:04 AM »
What a convenient time for a foot massage!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #319 on: August 05, 2015, 06:21:00 AM »
@mpart Kessy forgives him way too easily, I guess they must be pretty good friends =D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #320 on: August 10, 2015, 01:03:13 PM »
Chapter Forty-One: A Fond Farewell – Part Two

Why was he so gleeful after destroying a dollhouse? Why did he say horrible things to others when he should have been considerate? He blamed that evil trait of his. Malcolm may not have been under the spotlight much in the Chant household but that was about to change, even if it was simply because he and everyone else knew Grim would soon be shaking his hands.

There was a part of him that was sad, scared and unsure what to expect. Kessy had been on the brink of dying many times when she forgot it was time to eat Ambrosia. Once he caught her zoned out between mouthfuls and tsk-tsked and threw a water balloon at her. That sorted her out but it also meant she chased him around the house until both collapsed from exhaustion.

Malcolm was grateful for a life as a Watched Sim. To think he’d never have kids or girlfriends or comfort in his old age if Kessy had never knocked on his parents doors brought a shudder to him.

Cold?

Nah, just thinking about stuff.

Kessy might have been an old lady but her hands were firm and he thought he’d drift off to sleep soon and just when he least expected it, she’d place hot stones on his back to bring him back again.

Man, what I’d give to have a jetpack.

Tell me about it, wish I could zoom around like a real kestrel.

Hey, Kes. Thanks for this. I know I’m not the best person to hang around with, but without a Dynasty I’d be just another background Sim in someone else’s story. Not that I haven’t felt like that here.

Uh, yeah. Sorry too. I guess we should have remembered at least one birthday right?

Cora’s garden was blooming and with her new career she could hardly keep up with weeding and watering plants on time. It helped that she didn’t have her mother’s horrible idea of a greenhouse. She’d been left a plot of land for her gardening and she was pleased with her small attempt at creating the perfect green thumb’s retreat.

Her mother hugged her tight. Apologising for running away when she was needed the most. Cora tried not to think about Kessy’s wrinkles and how thin she was in her arms.

I love what you’ve done here. I’m sure your Dad would be proud to see you progressing so well.

Uh huh. Wish I could do the same with cooking. Listen Mum, you know how we’re going to have some space in the house soon? I’ve invited someone... well, two guys actually.

To live here?

Yes, and I think... I think I like one of them.

Is Neil one of them?

Yes, of course, I can’t bear to think of him living all alone.
Kessy laughed here. He looks so lost.

Cora, love, I didn’t think about anyone until it was quite late. You’re young and there’s plenty of time for you to find someone if things with Neil don’t work out.

But that’s the thing. I don’t know if I like him in that way or if it’s just a crush.

There’s no harm in dating someone to find out.

I guess you’re right.

How about making your mother an alcohol free drink?

Cora smiled. Maybe she was thinking about settling down too soon? Her mixology skill wasn’t the best, she still didn’t trust herself when throwing bottles into the air and felt afraid just before catching them like a pro.

It was just as she set a glass of summer berry juice out for Kessy that the air suddenly felt ice cold. Kessy and Cora looked at each other and then ran to where Malcolm was, pointing up at the sky and saying something that sounded like: I’m coming for you, Watcher.

Uncle Mal!

Couldn’t you give him one more day?

’Fraid not. My, my, you have been a busy bee, Malcolm Landgraab. I’ll make this quick though.

True to his word there was nothing left of Malcolm but his urn.

Hey, you redecorated.

Not now, Grimmy, we’re in mourning.

Kessy was comforting her daughter, she didn’t have time for Grim today.

Oh, I’ve always wanted to try this out. Wanna join me, Kes? *shadowy wink*

Grim!

All right, I’ll just be going.

In life Dina and Malcolm had not been able to get along, Kessy hoped in the afterlife they could be friends. Of course, Geoff and Nancy would make sure of that.

Gavin and Mitch on the other hand were the best of friends, they were missed dearly – especially by Kessy, one was her grandfather from another life and one had been her husband and father to her daughter in yet another life.

Last but not least, her darling Johnny. To think he’d once rejected her proposal and how she’d wanted to punch his lights out! Now, all she could think of was a little poem she’d read somewhere:

If tears could build a stairway
and thoughts a memory lane
I’d walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (10/08)
« Reply #321 on: August 10, 2015, 04:13:16 PM »
A Lovely walk down memory lane. *sniff* Poor Malcolm, the last of the original house mates. End of an era really. Still, the newly decorated house looks fab and sounds like Cora is about to add her own generation of helpers etc. Very exciting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #322 on: August 10, 2015, 07:31:01 PM »
Darn it!  You guys always making me cry.  Farewell, Mal.  You aren't really all bad.

I loved seeing the graves and the remodel.  Rainbow planters for heavens sake!  Love it.  Ok, gonna go be sad for Mal now.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #323 on: August 11, 2015, 07:28:07 AM »
@Playalot That's exactly my thoughts when playing and writing this. A whole new generation now and I'm a little scared to use unknown Sims.

@Joria Poor Mal, when he wasn't being evil/mean he was helping the kids with their homework. I love those planters, they just screamed to be used lol.

One day I might have a house tour but I'm currently too lazy for that xD The building itself is hideous, the only room I really love is the study which I'll try and get some screenshots of for the story.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #324 on: August 11, 2015, 11:20:37 AM »
Chapter Forty-Two: Life’s A Beach

It was early summer when Neil Lu and Ashley Lee joined the Chant household. They knew they had a lot to live up to being helpers in a Dynasty and the first thing Ashley did was book a short holiday on a private beach in Oasis Springs – using Chant money that was literally thrown at him.

It’s a wonderful way to thank them, Marina said. She, Grace and Ashley’s sister had been invited along, mainly because he thought girls loved summer fun – actually, everyone loves the beach, right? - and maybe wooing them would be easier. Not in a sleazy way.

Kessy floated lazily on a doughnut shaped lilo. It was great to enjoy life with her requirements out of the way. It was also fun to watch the young ones, like Darlene Lee was obviously attempting to get Genie’s attention and the two Landgraab girls were clearly not interested in Ashley. And then there was Cora and Neil, they were attracted to each other, smiling shyly and trying to act normal should anyone else join their conversation.

I thought she liked me or she’d begin to when we got ‘older’, Genie was saying to Darlene.

It could be that you’re very close to her. You grew up in the same house so it’s hardly surprising you’d have feelings towards her.

Feelings she doesn’t return. He shot a look at Cora and Neil, she was practising making drinks and Neil was stumbling over whatever it was he was trying to tell her.

Ashley was beginning to regret inviting the Landgraab girls. They were very close and no matter what he said he couldn’t get one of them alone without the other butting in.

Sorry, Ash, we just don’t fancy you.

You too, Marina?

The other girl nodded and giggled. We may not be Watched Sims but that doesn’t mean we can’t decide our own fates.

He sulked for a minute then went off to sun bathe.

I really feel for the girls who’ll fall for him.

They’ve no idea what’s in store. I guess his good looks make up for his personality.

Grace proceeded to make her sister laugh by doing an Ashley impression.

Genie, if you don’t stop moping around I’m going to drag you into the water and drown you. What would your mother say, hmm? Kessy splashed Eugene in an effort to lift his spirits.

She’s right, you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and have fun. We’re young and free, right?

He mumbled some sort of a reply.

You think Ashley’s going to give up on romance after getting rejected from Marina and Grace? No, he’ll just find some other poor girl to lap up his corny pick up lines. Then she went on about how Johnny had refused her marriage proposal and both Darlene and Genie looked away embarrassed.

If anyone was having better luck with love, it was Cora and Neil. She couldn’t remember the last time someone had made her giggle or act so childish.

I know it is part of your requirement but we’re supposed to be on holiday, Cora. Come and swim some laps with me?

Um... I really should raise my skill some more. My drinks aren’t of the best quality yet.

How about a game of volleyball then?

I – I. OK.

You don’t need to look so terrified!

Just don’t hit the ball so hard.

Cora chuckled. It’s a beach ball, light as a feather.

My Mum is always embarrassing me. Remember that time you came to visit your Dad? Well, she kept trying to push me out of my room so I would talk to you and Cora. Little did she know you were so much younger than me!

That – That was you?

Yeah, I look different now. I’m growing my hair and trying not to wear a hat all the time!

You look really... pretty.

Cora roasted shish kebabs – and a vegetarian alternative for herself – in the late afternoon. A fire pit had already been erected before their arrival and it didn’t take much effort to get a fire blazing. She yelled to the others to join her and Neil. Maybe it was the infernal heat or someone had placed too many logs, whatever it was the blazing fire decided it wanted a bit more fuel and started licking away at Neil’s log chair.

Both Cora and Genie froze.

Not to alarm anyone but there’s a fire, Cora said.

Of course there’s a fire, someone replied.

Then all hell broke loose. Neil ran for dear life, everyone else was screaming and making useless suggestions on how to put out a fire. Cora and Genie continued eating, not fazed at all. Darlene, the only person present with a sensible head on her shoulders, grabbed a fire extinguisher.

Can you please stop screaming and help me? There had been many fires at the Lee and Holiday household for Darlene to be completely immune to hysteria.

With a better monitored fire going, everyone gathered around and praised Darlene’s quick actions. For once she didn’t mind being the centre of attention.

Later, when everyone went for a midnight swim slash water volleyball, Cora once again found Neil by her side.

There’s something I want to say, he began, I really like you.

She laughed nervously. I think – No, I do like you too, Neil.

Before she chickened out, she leaned forward and kissed him lightly.

Oh! They both pulled away. For a moment or two they tried not to make eye contact.

Again Cora decided to brave it and this time she tenderly reached for Neil’s hand. You know, there’s a lonely looking tent over there. Why don’t we have... um... some fun?

He nodded and she led him towards the tent.

On the other side of the water, Genie and Darlene had snuck away to share a sweet moment of their own.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Re-Enchanted: An Immortal Dynasty (11/08)
« Reply #325 on: August 11, 2015, 02:18:22 PM »
Happy sigh.  LOVE the beach party.  That Batman swimsuit is terrific, and of course, Cora looks absolutely adorable.  The Landgraab girls, however, have that unfortunate family face.  Poor things.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #326 on: August 11, 2015, 04:07:54 PM »
I so wish all these things were in our game for real.  :( The CC you have used is just gorgeous and what a happy love story. Cora and Neil are going to be great together.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #328 on: August 13, 2015, 12:22:08 PM »
@Joria It was loads of fun, if I didn't hate the heat I'd join them! That swimsuit is my absolute favourite and I'm pretty jealous of Cora's new look. Those poor Landgraab girls, apart from the clone face they're quite lovely.

@Playalot Me too, Play. I think if they announced a holiday world/seasons pack I'd explode from excitement. Hopefully they bring something similar to the CC I have used.

@sdhoey Poor Genie, he deserves to be with someone who shares his feelings ;D

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #329 on: August 17, 2015, 12:59:13 AM »
I'm finally catch up with your story. Yay for me ;D

The Chant women are very beautiful and I love how well worked are their personalities, they have distinctive voices.

I love the colors, the story, the characters. Good work!!