Author Topic: New Neighbourhood Announced: Newcrest  (Read 5705 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
New Neighbourhood Announced: Newcrest
« on: June 03, 2015, 12:56:24 PM »
Hi all.

Exciting news, thought I'd share! We're getting a new world named Newcrest on the 11th of June 2015, it's a free download so I think it'll appeal to a lot of people. Full details HERE.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: New Neighbourhood Announced: Newcrest
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 01:01:16 PM »
I just saw that, I shot Bri an PM about it. I can't wait!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 01:11:01 PM »
Sounds like the town consists entirely of empty lots.  That's great news for people who like to design their own towns.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 01:55:03 PM »
Thank you sdhoey!

Yep, I just got home and saw the announcement :)

For those who are curious, this is what it currently has.  Note there is a 20 second official trailer as well:

(Source:  The World of Newcrest is Coming to the Sims 4)

Welcome to Newcrest

Simmers have created millions of Sims since The Sims 4 released last September, and many of our players have been asking for more space to move them into. Next week, we’ll answer that request by adding a new World, free* for all The Sims 4 owners!

The World of Newcrest will be joining Willow Creek and Oasis Springs next Thursday! Everyone playing The Sims 4 will be able to start building right away in Newcrest, a completely empty world ready to be settled by your Sims.

We know that many of you wanted more room to expand, but didn’t have the heart to evict the likes of Bella Goth, Malcolm Landgraab, and Bob Pancakes. We can’t blame you – who would want to live in a world without the Goths? That’s why we made Newcrest a clean slate. It’ll contain three new neighborhoods, each with five empty lots. You can download homes from the Gallery, build your own, and put whatever you want there! Bars, clubs, parks, houses, pools – you’ll be able to let your creativity shine in Newcrest. In case you want to start building homes now to get ready, here are the lot sizes:

The Sims 4: Newcrest Official Trailer

Neighborhood #1:

• 50x40
• 40x30
• 40x30
• 30x30
• 30x20

Neighborhood #2:

• 30x20
• 30x20
• 40x30
• 20x15
• 20x15

Neighborhood #3:

• 30x20
• 30x20
• 30x20
• 40x30
• 40x20

Moving day is June 11, so start building awesome new houses (or find some cool ones on The Gallery). We can’t wait to see what you create in Newcrest!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 02:08:18 PM »
Free download, nice.  I like anything free.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 03:11:04 PM »
That's great! It'll be nice to have some more space to build and expand. There are tons of lots I have in my library that I wish I could use more often, but without bulldozing existing ones or ruining the look of a neighborhood, it's hard to do. 

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 05:33:48 PM »
Yay!  I love new worlds and love that they made it entirely blank to give folks a place to really build up ^^  And for those not enamored of building, the Gallery is great for just that.  I'm really looking forward to this ^^

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 06:08:03 PM »
This is a great addition to the game and it's free!  Well done EA.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 07:13:15 PM »
This is great to hear. Maybe I'll make a town for just all my favorite sims to live in. :)
Would have liked to of seen at least 1 50x50 lot for my favorite house, but can't have everything. Just have to do a little modification if I use it here.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 11:53:48 PM »
I know I've said this about 342,583 times, but I really think EA has been making TS4 more like TS2, and I've actually thought that was a good thing. I still think TS2 is my favorite of the series.

Anyway, I love this, because this is how I used to play TS2. I'd never play in a prebuilt neighborhood. I'd always start a blank one and populate it with my own families. I'm going to love this.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 12:18:27 PM »
As mentioned on the SimsVIP, EA has been working with some builders, and others in the community for buildings you might wish to use in your new lot. 

When in the gallery, look for the #BuildNewcrest hashtag to see some of these offerings.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 01:55:06 PM »
So excited for this!  This will really enhance my Build A City Challenge.  I really liked some of the builds they used.  So glad we can get them on the gallery.  And...we only have to wait one week and it's free.  It's like Christmas in July except in June  :)

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2015, 11:56:47 PM »
Finally a new empty neighborhood. I always reluctant to bulldoze entire oasis spring / willow even though I really wanted to place new museum, library, gym and bar on my own residential lot.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2015, 04:56:51 AM »
@dodi90 I am the same, so pleased we get a world with more empty lots. And a change of scenery never hurts =D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2015, 11:03:04 AM »
This is awesome! I always feel guilty about bulldozing existing lots, and having a fresh world with empty lots just gives way to your creativity.  :D
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”