Author Topic: Newcomers in Newcrest (Failed -- Move to Graveyard)  (Read 57974 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- April 18)
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2016, 06:07:54 PM »
Soooo, as I suspected there is something sinister about that "Metro Man".  Who would have thought he was the boss of a nefarious gang?  Lol.  Love how this is working out. Sharon is doing so well and you are moving right along with this whole thing.  Did you choose retail work for her as a teen because it would help with working and owning her own store?  If so, how does it help?

It helps a little with her Friend of the World aspiration as she has to pick up a point in charisma. With running a store, not so much. I just got tired of having everyone do barista, which is probably the fastest -- 2 days to promotion if the teen had an A as a child. Sharon had to work 3 days in retail.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #196 on: April 22, 2016, 10:50:32 PM »
So, do we start calling Metro, "Boss Man" now *giggles* I'll happily join his gang! Oh, wait... I already have! Lmpbo

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #197 on: April 25, 2016, 05:11:23 PM »
Zargon, Week 15

Eris never knows what to expect when she takes on a case. After dealing with a possible accidental death at the discotheque and the theft of the library's computers, she was a little disappointed to find herself going to a private home. But this turned out to be rather unusual.

"I saw this prowler running away," Ruby Doe said excitedly. "She had blond hair and looked a bit like the actress in that movie."

"Which movie?" Eris asked.

"Oh, the one where the girl goes crazy because this guy won't see her any more and she ends up killing his kids' pet rabbit. Fatal something. And Maliya here has a stalker – some woman's been calling her and leaving notes. I bet it's the same person."

Maliya had more to add. "I haven't said anything to encourage her. She said she wanted to rescue me from a dire situation. Aunt Ruby and Aunt Beverly can get a little boring sometimes, but I would hardly call living with them 'dire.' But I don't know for sure that it was Emilia. I didn't see anything."

"Thank goodness I put flame retardant on the lawn," said Beverly. "Who knows what might have happened otherwise."

"Flame retardant?" asked Eris.

"In case you haven't noticed, it hasn't rained in Willow Creek for three generations now," Beverly said tartly. "I predict a wildfire any day now."

Outside, Eris did indeed see scorch marks on the lawn. It looked as if someone had tried to start a fire several times.

Near one of the marks she found a sneaker. One of its laces was broken, which might explain why it fell off. It smelled of a popular fire starter sold for use with barbecue grills. The shoe was a style that might be worn by a man or woman. Given its narrowness, she deduced it was a woman.

Back at work, Eris conducted further analysis on the shoe. The sole had traces of flame retardant – not too surprising, given where she found it. Outside, she saw Maliya Patel, coming to the station to see what progress they'd made. Eris didn't have any new information for her.

She started adding clues to the case map. So far they had a suspect, but no understanding of the motive.

Eris went home scratching her head. Even if the perpetrator was this woman who had a crush on Maliya, that didn't explain why she would try and set fire to her house. But that evening she watched a popular movie on TV. Perhaps a fire was the "dire situation" the perp had referred to.

The next morning Eris put out an All Points Bulletin based on Ruby's information. She soon got a call from the library. As Eris approached the woman, she sniffed. Definitely the lingering odor of fire-starter, and yes, she did resemble the actress from Fatal Attraction. And her name was Emilia Smedley.

Eris arrested her.

The woman was not happy about being photographed.

And even less happy about adding her fingerprints to the data base. "I don't like getting ink on my fingers," she said.

Inside the interrogation room, she was defiant. "Do you have any idea who I am?" she demanded.

"Emilia Smedley," Eris said calmly. She told her that she was being charged with attempted arson. "We have witnesses who placed you there, and we also have your shoe. DNA analysis has confirmed that it belongs to you. So now is the time to confess if you want anything resembling a good deal."

It turned out that Eris's hypothesis was correct. Emilia had hoped to make Maliya fall in love with her by saving her from a raging inferno.

"You're lucky that her aunt put down flame retardant," Eris told her. "You'd have been the one who needed rescuing if you'd gone into a raging fire drenched in kerosene."

That evening Eris was careful to take a bath and change her clothes before setting to work on her rocket with an acetylene torch.

The next night Voldemort asked if he could stay up late. He just needed to make a couple more emotion potions before finishing up the Whiz Kid aspiration. Since the next day was Saturday, and his birthday, Eris and Coleman gave him permission.

Eris made a hamburger cake. She had to leave for work before his party, but Malfoy, Braylon, and Coleman were there to celebrate.

Malfoy handed his green trumpet to Voldemort and took his turn blowing out candles.

Skin and eye color aside, the two brothers are virtually identical.

Voldemort called up Lyrica and invited her over, too.

"Your trumpet is off-key," she commented.

Despite her unfortunate choice of hats, Lyrica turned out to be quite pretty.

Voldemort and Malfoy had to wait until Eris returned from work before they could change into their earthling clothing. Voldemort went out to start collecting fossils and crystals.

He also took a trip into space and managed to pick up his first space rock. He just hoped he'd have as easy a time getting the other six.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- April 25)
« Reply #198 on: April 27, 2016, 06:49:01 PM »
Baird, Week 15

Dear Diary,

I've written my first comedy routine,
Worst Dates. What's ironic is that I haven't been on a date yet at all. I've been too busy working.

But while I've been working, and developing charisma, and practicing jokes, I've been checking out the men I've come into contact with. I'll start with Forrest Weiner. It turns out that he is a guy, albeit a very skinny one. I tried to imagine myself leaping into his arms when he proposed, except that I'd probably knock him over.

Now Dillon, one of our regular customers at the shop, could catch me if I jumped, no problem. Except that he's been good friends with my mother since before I was born. Also, there's the beard. I just don't like beards.

A beard is also Joaquin Kendrick's problem, plus I don't like his shoes. I know – shoes can be changed, but it seems to me that a man who shows poor judgment with regard to shoes might also be lacking in judgment in other areas, too.

I don't have any pictures of Maddox Hart, a teen who shows up at the shop nearly every day. We're good friends now, but it took me hours and hours of heartfelt compliments and jokes about aliens to get us there. Plus, he's hot-headed. And practically all our other customers are female.

Honestly, I don't think I'd want to get involved with anyone who met me while I was working at the store. I tend to be pretty vivacious when I'm there, mainly because I'm trying to make a sale and raise my charisma and comedy levels all at the same time. When I'm home I want to be a little quieter, maybe even read a book. Now Tory, at the park, didn't mind my reading while he was talking to me. At least I think he was talking to me – he might have been talking to the bookcase. It was hard to tell. Yes, Tory is an insane homeless guy.

On the whole, though, it's good that I don't have anyone in my life. Even though Mom and Aunt Cass and I are finished with the store for the time being (all five perks and over $100,000 in value, yay!), I still have to produce 6 more books for my collection. Dad's been helping with that, and Aunt Cass has been 'helping' too, by joking with me while I'm trying to write.

Actually, I've been thinking about going into writing as a career after I graduate. There's an opening for a journalist that I could take. And after the hectic turmoil of the store, it's nice to have some quiet time with Mom doing her exercises and Dad mentoring me.

Quiet times don't really make for good comedy routines. So I'll take my bow as a comedian as soon as I've maxed the skill. Nite nite, all! Sharon

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- April 27)
« Reply #199 on: April 27, 2016, 11:46:35 PM »
Very nice couple of updates!  I keep reading while at work or on my phone, so I don't always get a chance to comment, but I'm definitely reading!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #200 on: May 05, 2016, 03:23:35 PM »
Zargon, Week 16

Eris looked around the room. It wouldn't do for a spaceship – all that dark wood and wallpaper would make everyone claustrophobic – but she had to admit that it was pretty classy. That couch looked like it might be more comfortable than most beds, and she wouldn't mind having a marble bust of one of her ancestors on a table. One thing you could say about these earthbound sims – they knew how to spend money.

They'd called her in because some crazy homeless person had broken into the house and scrawled graffiti on the floor. Eris could think of about a hundred worse things he could have done, but because it was the Goths, the chief said it was her first priority. She found the perp at the park.

Unfortunately, the park was also where she found her mother. And who was her mother's new best friend? Besides the fireplace, that is. The perp, naturally.

Eris didn't want her mother complaining of police harassment so she waited until her back was turned. "Come quietly, and I'll see that the judge goes easy on you," she whispered. As she left, she heard her mother singing, "I move to the music of my own drums, they go, we go, we go, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah..."

This would be her last case for a while. She was moving up to Captain, which meant more desk work and less time spent investigating. That was okay with Eris, though. It meant that Voldemort could actually get some work done when he got home from school. Besides making progress in programming and video gaming (hard to think of that as "work"), he had a lot of collecting to do. He still had to get two more crystals...

...and four more space rocks. With any luck, he'd get four different kinds of space rocks, too, so that they could form his full collection.

Saturday came, and with it, family council. "I'd appreciate it if you not say anything about Lyrica to your great-grandmother," Eris told Voldemort that morning. "She's still prejudiced against the Oirats, even though they're no longer in competition."

"Sure, Mom, whatever," said Voldemort. "Just as soon as I finish doing these equations."

In hindsight, it would have been better not to say anything. Almost as soon as they were seated around the table, Voldemort announced that he was seeing Lyrica Oirat and that he planned to marry her. "Over my dead body!" Aniara announced. (Voldemort's great-grandfather Guy meanwhile was wondering if they had any apple pie in the refrigerator. He had rather a fancy for apple pie, he didn't know why.)

"You can't tell me what to do!" Voldemort shouted back, taking Aniara by surprise.

Eris hustled him out of the room. "What were you thinking?" she hissed. "I told you not to say anything."

"Oh," said Voldemort. "I thought you wanted me to tell her. I wasn't really paying attention."

"Obviously," said Eris.

Back in the dining room, she tried to be the voice of reason.

"I know we've been at war with the Oirats for centuries," she told her grandmother, "but really, there aren't many of our kind around for Voldemort to get involved with. In point of fact, the only woman from Sixam who is not a member of our family or the Oirats is my co-worker Shari. She's a dear soul, but she's older than I am and not very bright. I think young Lyrica will be a much better spouse.

"And besides, Grandmother, you can bet the Oirats will be even more upset than you are." Before Aniara could respond, there was a shout of "Fire!" from upstairs. Braylon had been experimenting.

Eris, Coleman, and Malf all whipped out their fire extinguishers and soon took care of the fire. But everyone was tense, so they broke up the family council for the time being.

After the rest of the family left, Braylon had his birthday.

Eris soon followed. Sadly, she forgot to replace the candles, so there was no birthday cake for Coleman.

It had been a hectic week, and she wasn't sorry to see the end of it. She was almost finished adding the wormhole portal to the rocket ship. Once she'd done that and achieved two more promotions at work, the burden of the dynasty would be on Voldemort.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #201 on: May 05, 2016, 03:33:44 PM »
Eris is very close to completing her requirements!
It's been a gas watching Eris transform from a mischievous teenager into a preserver of law and order (?!).

I imagine Braylon turns out very cute, but I'll be patiently waiting one sim-week to find out. *sighs

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- May 5)
« Reply #202 on: May 05, 2016, 05:45:47 PM »
Eris is very close to completing her requirements!
It's been a gas watching Eris transform from a mischievous teenager into a preserver of law and order (?!).

I imagine Braylon turns out very cute, but I'll be patiently waiting one sim-week to find out. *sighs

No need to wait -- here are Braylon and Malf.

(Braylon is sulking because I forgot to post his teen picture.)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #203 on: May 05, 2016, 06:36:22 PM »
Awww, Braylon looks cute with the pouty sulk! Does he get treated differently for being Coleman's son with the Pollination Technician?

And I keep forgetting to mention that I appreciate the aristocratic apparel that Voldemort wore as a child and now as a teen--very befitting his name! (namesake?)
I'm not sure what to say about his twin Malf's scarlet bathrobe but find Malf's blond upswept hair and pointy ears very appealing.   ;D

Thank you sharing the image of teens Braylon and Malf!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #204 on: May 05, 2016, 09:26:05 PM »
Yay, Zargons! You go, Voldie, do what you do, your grandma can't stop you if she wants to win!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: May 07, 2016, 10:32:51 AM »
Baird, Week 16

Dear Diary,

So much has happened this week, that I don't even know where to start. But I guess my birthday is a good place. Aunt Cass baked me a cake...

The whole family came over, but Great-Grandparents J and Dahlia decided to stay outside and do calisthenics instead of coming in.

My good friend Lucas Munch came over, too. He loves the outdoors and is good. After his birthday, he became creative, too. I'll say more about Lucas later.

Then I became good friends with Great-Grandmother Dahlia. She's so dainty – I don't see a big lump like me could be descended from her, but I guess that's J's genes.

After the party, I went over to their house and put my collection and portrait in the family museum. The collection is pretty feeble. I was going to do comedy books, but Mom suggested I go for something faster because the aliens have been slowly gaining on us. The collection is worth only $155, but the portrait that Aunt Cass did of me is a masterpiece and worth almost $2000.

What came next was the requirement that I liked least – making an enemy. Mom said I'd better do it before completing my Friend of the World aspiration. She said I might have a hard time picking a fight with someone if I had the Beloved trait. She also suggested I pick someone other than Voldemort. "Let him do his own work," she said. "If you fight with him, then he'll have you as an enemy and won't have to go to any trouble." I certainly didn't want to fight with his mother – she's a cop – so that left his brothers.

Malf's a member of the bloodline, so he was my target. It took forever, trying to become his enemy. I have so much charisma (said she, modestly, but it's true) that he kept trying to be friends. Finally I plucked up the spirit to throw a drink in his face.

The slush stayed in the cup, which almost made me start giggling. Luckily Malf laughed, and that made me mad enough to declare him my enemy. The really good thing was that I didn't have to get into a fight with him. I just told him he was my enemy and that was that.

After that, I spent a lot of time working on comedy. I finished the Friend of the World aspiration and maxed charisma as part of that. I dressed up in a cute outfit with a short skirt and went over to The Blue Velvet to wow its patrons with my routines – Worst Date Ever and Winning the Lottery.

To say that it was a disaster is putting it mildly. I got one tip the whole evening. Even my good friend Dillon just gave me a thumbs up before heading into the bar. I decided then and there that I did not want to become an entertainer. I'm going to become a writer, a journalist, instead.

I felt so depressed afterwards that I really didn't want to go back to Mom and Dad's. Instead I bought my lot and asked Lucas to move in with me. (See, I said there'd be more about him later.) I wasn't sure how Lucas would react if I tried to move our friendship into romantic territory, but he flirted right back.

We picked up a really cute little cottage, Sweet Cuppa Tea, by @Joria. We extended the porch a bit, to give Lucas a place to paint. There's nothing he enjoys more than painting.

Okay, maybe there's something he enjoys more. Early next morning I took the test and passed! (I really wish I could have celebrated after leaving the bathroom instead of when I was still sitting there.)

I gave him the glad news at breakfast. We moved the table outside so we could enjoy the garden. He gave kind of a grimace, but he said that was because of the scrambled eggs. It was my first time cooking, and I guess I burned them a little. We didn't have much time to talk because I had to go to work.

I was exhausted when I came home from work so went straight to bed. I started as an advice columnist for the local paper. The previous advice columnist had been fired because she kept telling people to punch their boss in the nose if he gave them an order they didn't like. Someone came in to complain because he'd actually followed her advice, but Security took care of it for me.

Early next morning, Lucas said he had a surprise for me. He called me out on the porch and started singing. It was so sweet that I almost started crying.

But then he dropped to one knee. "Sharon, I thought and thought about where the most romantic place was so we could go there, and I could propose. And then I realized that the most romantic place was the front porch of our very own house. I think we could have a really awesome life together – what do you say?"

For a moment I could hardly speak. The ring was so beautiful, and the tears in my eyes just made it sparkle even more. "Well?" Lucas prompted.

"Yes!" I squealed, and threw myself into his arms. He staggered back only a step or two. I guess I'm a little bit heavier with the baby coming.

We decided to get married right away.

We spent the rest of the day working – Lucas on his painting, and I on writing comedy books. I haven't published anything yet; I'm waiting until I get to the next level of the Best-Selling Author aspiration. After a while, we both needed a break. Lucas wanted to see how the baby was doing...

...and then he gave me a much-needed massage.

In the evening, I went to Potters Splay in Willow Creek and set up our shop.

It's called A Clean Well-Lighted Place, and I plan to sell light fixtures – expensive ones. I opened it for a couple of hours and already picked up 100 perk points.

My plan is to complete the Best-selling Author aspiration like Dad did, so that I can write a Book of Life for Lucas and the baby, when she grows up. I won't be able to write one for myself, but will be able to buy moodlet solvers with the points.

I think Lucas is right – I think we'll have a really awesome life together. That's all for now, Sharon

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Newcomers in Newcrest (new -- May 7)
« Reply #206 on: May 07, 2016, 01:48:15 PM »
This chapter had me laughing so much!

Awww, too bad about Sharon's comedian debut! Did she just pick an unfortunate (empty) evening at the club!
Congrats to Sharon and Lucas on their new house, marriage, and on-the-way nooboo!
I don't think I'd ever seen Lucas except as a child before.

Sharon got so much done in one week! Best wishes for her pregnancy, her new life with Lucas, and the store!
The only part of this update that made me sad was her fight with Malf, lol.
I hadn't realized that I'd become attached to Malf in your last chapter..

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #207 on: May 07, 2016, 02:02:59 PM »
This chapter had me laughing so much!

Awww, too bad about Sharon's comedian debut! Did she just pick an unfortunate (empty) evening at the club!
Congrats to Sharon and Lucas on their new house, marriage, and on-the-way nooboo!
I don't think I'd ever seen Lucas except as a child before.

Sharon got so much done in one week! Best wishes for her pregnancy, her new life with Lucas, and the store!
The only part of this update that made me sad was her fight with Malf, lol.
I hadn't realized that I'd become attached to Malf in your last chapter..

Actually, Sharon started in the early afternoon, which might be why there weren't many people around.

As for Malf, the only alternative was Voldemort, which would have made things easier for him. And they are rivals, after all.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #208 on: May 07, 2016, 02:12:59 PM »
The enemy requirement is a difficult one. I'd completely forgotten that Braylon is not strictly bloodline because of Coleman's abduction.

And thank you for reminding us of the weirdness of having confetti thrown while seated on the toilet!  :D

P.S. Malf must really like that red bathrobe!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #209 on: May 07, 2016, 04:06:51 PM »
Awwww, they make such an adorable couple.  I'm glad she didn't have to fight.  I hate that part of the game.  Thank you for using my little house.  It makes a builder feel so nice to see it being used.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery