Author Topic: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (Celebrity Chef)  (Read 41021 times)

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (Come Home With Me)
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2015, 01:36:10 AM »
I'm in awe!!!  It took me about two weeks to figure out that the retail shop effects the career performance and now she is woefully behind  :(  However the store is doing great  ;D  I just can't believe how fast and clever you are.  Really interesting story premise too.  Thanks to you at least I now know how to speed up her career levels. 

Despite my continue searching I cannot find the Enchanted Aurora Supernatural Award Lamps.  Where can I find these?  I feel really stupid asking and it's probably something simple, only I can't figure it out.

What you've achieved in a week has taken me 3 weeks!!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2015, 08:26:32 AM »
The award lamps are only available to those that play sims 3 and owned certain xpacs in sims 3.  Unfortunately I didn't think about new players that started sims 4 and don't have access to those lamps.  I will try to remove them from my future stories, they are other ways to get the "very" emotion state, just harder. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2015, 10:12:06 AM »
That explains it then!  I thought it was just me, but when I went into lighting (which you would think they would be there) all I could find was one lamp that gave the happy moodlet.  Never mind I've found other ways to enhance the inspiring moodlet and your tips on the clubs helped a LOT!  I've managed to get her to go from level 4 to level 6 in the career path in just three days.  I got caught out by her suddenly getting sick at work and getting the uncomfortable moodlet, that lasted 3 hours otherwise I'm sure I would have reached level 7.  I just have ** bad luck when it comes to their careers.  Your story advice has still been very valuable. 

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Blonde, Brunette, or Redhead? (Red Hair Mania)
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2015, 05:01:25 PM »

Zyra ~ Week 1: Wednesday-Saturday

Zyra got tired of the award lamps, so she trashed them and decided to find other ways to get very focused.  Currently she has strongest focused club vibe (+3), renewed vows (+3), and being pregnant (+1), so that's +7.  Looking around her room, she realized the paintings only have environment value 1, doesn't even give her the decorated (+1 Happy) moodlet, have to fix that.

What to buy?  A painting with environment value 5 will get the room decorated (+1 Happy), value 7 will get nicely decorated (+2 Happy), and value 10 will get beautifully decorated (+3 Happy).  She went with Viva La Landscape, an environment value 7 painting that will give her a nice +2 decorated moodlet.

Freddie persuaded Zyra to use a vacation day.  Stay home and rest, honey.

It's lucky he did.  She went into labor shortly after making that vacation day phone call.

Hmm, why did they get a human baby bassinet?  Both Zyra and Freddie are full aliens, this is weird.  Did the hospital send them home with the wrong baby?

Looks right, Evelynn looks like any normal alien baby.  Hospital must be out of stock on the alien bassinet. 

Freddie adores Evelynn, took care of her full time while Zyra is too busy creating a mobile app for her aspiration.  He thinks little Evelynn has his ears, sharp and pointy. 

Yes indeed, best looking ears in the whole wide universe.

Since Freddie has a lot of free time, he did lots of gossiping with neighbors and heard a rumor about a "Club Leader Bug" going around.  This bug will cause the leader to be unable to join gathering, thus making all the perks unavailable.  He went home that night and convinced Zyra to step down as leader.  Zyra isn't too happy about stepping down, but agreed that the club perks are much more important for her than for Freddie, so she gave him leadership.  She needs to call all her sisters and let them know to do the same.

Plenty of counters in the kitchen, yet Freddie likes to take his food to the BATHROOM counter and prepare.  Why?  He must be too stressed, either from being the leader or from taking care of baby.

Not again!  It hasn't been a week yet, and they have been abducted twice!  First Freddie, now Zyra.  Neighborhood aliens must really dislike other aliens.

She soon developed some weird spots on her skin after the abduction.  Aliens gave her cooties.  She bought medicine from the computer and quickly drank it, must not go to work with that.

Evelynn aged up on Saturday.  Her skin tone is much lighter than her parents, wonder if she will be darker as she grows older.

"Why do I look so different from you, Dad?" Evelynn asked.  "Disguise, my child.  Disguise." Freddie replied.

After learning how to put disguise on, she went out to meet some new sims for her aspiration, Social Butterfly.  She met Katrina Caliente and became very jealous of her hair.

She came home and asked her Dad for a new haircut.  Freddie refused, stating that she must accept what the game gave her.

She begged and begged.  Finally Freddie gave in and says while she cannot get a new haircut, she can remove her hat.  She must wait for Mom to come home from work first, going into CAS now will cause problems.  Sometimes the game will kick the career sim home from work prematurely because of CAS.

Zyra came home from work, Evelynn got to remove her hat in CAS, everyone is happy.  Zyra switched her aspiration temporarily to "Successful Lineage", hoping to get more points.  She read to Evelynn for 2 hours that night, finally hitting 4000 whim points.

Second alien reward to buy - Hardly Hungry.  Zyra is a slow eater, eating less means more time for her to do other things.

End of Week 1 Summary:
  • Never Weary and Hardly Hungry rewards bought.
  • Zyra career level 5.

Bloodlines Comparison in Week 1:

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2015, 05:48:05 PM »
Congratulations on finishing your first round of play!  So... the club leader bug, hows that work?  Havent seen anything on it.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2015, 05:57:46 PM »
This might happen to members too, but so far what I read on sims forum is the leader that is having trouble.

1- Club UI still shows as leader but can't join any gathering.
2- Clicking on the join gathering button does nothing.
3- Will not get any club perks because game thinks that he/she is not in a gathering.
4- Will not gain any club points while doing approved activities because game thinks that he/she is not in a gathering.
5- Traveling did not solve the problem.
6- Resetting sim did not solve the problem.
7- Quitting and rejoining club did not solve the problem.
8- Repair game did not solve the problem.

If anyone did encounter this bug, I have no idea how to fix it.  Just hoping EA will fix this on the next patch.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2015, 06:16:05 PM »
@Nutella I shouldn't have tempted fate by asking about it...  just got the bug in my new challenge heh.  I'll see if I can fix it myself, but so you know:  I was in a club gathering at my home lot, went into manage worlds and changed some clothes on one of my other Sims.  When I reopened my household, my leader had stopped what he was previously doing (programming) and could no longer rejoin the club gathering.  So... don't go into CAS/possible manage worlds while a club gathering is open is my guess.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2015, 06:38:18 PM »
Speak of the devil and he shall appear, ouch.  Please do let me know if you manage to fix it.  My alien child did use CAS, but then she isn't the leader, so I really think this bug only affects the leader.  Good to know about the CAS, I will stop gathering before entering CAS in the future, thanks.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2015, 07:23:59 PM »
Alright, so... I have fixed the issue, but I'm not sure exactly what did it.  I assumed that restarting and clearing cache wouldn't, as you mentioned that others have tried that, so I went straight to in-game troubleshooting.  I stopped the gathering, moved to another lot, tried restarting it, didn't work.  Gave leader to another sim and tried again, everyone joined but the ex-leader.  Tried leaving and rejoining, and starting a new club with the ex-leader, and he couldn't join that one either.  Finally I said screw it I didn't need this fancy smansy "club" anyways, and at least I'll still get the work performance benefit. 

Went back to my home lot with all my sims, started a gathering (which bugged sim didnt join), tested if the rally the troops interaction would affect him while he wasnt part of the gallery (it didn't) and changed the club vibe, which voila, seems to have caused him to join the gathering.  So... if you have this issue, try changing the club vibe?  I'm really not sure that's exactly what fixed it, but I'm back to working so worth a shot.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2015, 09:29:05 PM »
Evelyn's disguise is so cute, the short hair really makes her eyes stand out. I have had the same problem, but have found with mine it's not restricted to just the leader.. I did find that exiting the game and doing nothing but restarting again sometimes allowed me to get the member to join the gathering again.  I've also had major problems with promotions for my founder. First of all it was because they were at the retail shop, but I stopped doing that and even with the networking perk, he is still only at level 2 of the painting career that he joined the very first day! *sigh* Anyway, back on topic, I love how you are now trying things without the mood lamps.. you are very brave!  ;D

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2015, 10:03:27 PM »
I see you trashed the mood lamps  ;D  You really didn't need to, and I really appreciate the advice with the paintings.  Up until now I've never paid much attention to their moods, other than getting them to ponder at chess table if they need the focus mood for work, or cloud gazing to get the inspired mood.  I'm learning a lot from this challenge!!  I'm still in awe of how quick you are!  It's honestly taken me 3 weeks to get were you are in 1 week!

I think the Alien family is my favourite at the moment.  Aww and poor little Evelynn envying Katrina's hair and being stuck with the short hair, which I didn't think girls had?  It must have come with the Get Together Expansion pack.  I think she's really cute.
I really like Freddie in his human  disguise.  Maybe I just like red heads  :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2015, 11:18:55 PM »
Why is she stuck with her hair?  Just take her to the mirror and change it.  That's not illegal is it?

Once you discover the club mood things the lamps are totally unnecessary.  My Sims are all always in the right mood now, which, since they all need to be inspired, is a good thing.  It's true even when they are out of the club base, like fishing or whatever.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2015, 04:25:24 AM »
Joria-
She is stuck with that hair because I say so,  :P.  I just want them to keep what the game gave them, might change hair if they get a horrible one.
Mood lamps are unnecessary but still useful in getting "very" emotion state, there is a big difference in skill leveling when you are in "very" state. 

crstasse-
Yes I pay a lot of attention to mood.  The correct "very" emotion state is crucial for promotion and skilling.  Hard to remain "very" during work, but I try my best.

KTK10-
Why aren't you getting promotion?  Are you going to work with needs in green bar?  Work hard?  Have inspired moodlet for the whole duration of work?  If anytime your moods fall off into neutral or uncomfortable, then your job performance will suffer and might not get promoted. 

dethdukk-
Thanks for the information.  I am hoping I won't get hit with this bug, sounds tedious trying to fix it.  The club vibe and networked perks are so important for the career, if I lose that gonna cry.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2015, 08:35:14 AM »
Nutella, just want to say I'm enjoying your story. Plus what a great concept to include hints and tips! I'm sure I'll learn a thing or two.

I love the fact they are family. Wondering if much rivalry will occur later down the line?....

I think Ahri is my favourite so far, helps she snagged the lovely J H 3rd - he's the best townie man in my opinion. Everyone else can keep Don *snorts*  ;)

Looking forward to the next update.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2015, 09:32:40 AM »
I didn't know about the club leader bug, but at the moment my family clubs have more points than they know what to do with. I haven't done much with club vibes yet.

Anyway, Evelynn is a cutie, and all your sims are making good progress. And I agree -- if I lose networked progress, I'll cry, too. One thing I did learn -- you don't get the benefit of the networked perk if you join your sim at one of the jobs that came with GTW, but you do get it if they go by themselves.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

anything