Author Topic: The Nishijima Immortal Dynasty: If at First You Don't Succeed (Completed)  (Read 57585 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Nishijima Dynasty: Aspiring to (Childish) Greatness (New-Feb 19)
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2016, 11:46:59 AM »
@tjtemple
Yes, I'm very frustrated by and anxious about Gen7's career advancement because her predecessors have all maxed their careers as young adults.
She's now Level 6 with 11 days left as a young adult, so she technically has 31 days to get four more promotions.
I'm just concerned whether the Detective career will glitch out on me. The back-up plan is chef!

About clubs, yes!  They do make life so much easier! For me, the hardest part is running the multi-generational family while staying focused on the younger sims.
The friendship requirement is also time-consuming. Clubs make those aspect of dynasty gameplay much easier.

I wrote a really long post so I'm removing it and sending you a PM instead.  ;D
Thanks for reading!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Nishijima Dynasty: Aspiring to (Childish) Greatness (New-Feb 19)
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2016, 07:18:23 AM »
Generation 8b: Takao, Child Champion

Welcome back! Takao here!
My museum items will be the Observatory’s Battle Stars prints, so I want to level Logic and look for museum items at the same time. Watchette, why can’t I do the Search for Truth action? I’m Very Focused, even.
Watchette: Not yet, sonny boy. You’ll need to reach Level 7 Logic for that. You’re only Level 5.
Meh, so here I am back to playing chess before school starts.

Great-Great-Grandpa Minoru—who’d been mentoring me at chess this morning—and I “discuss Cognitive Focusing Methods,” then I’m off to school.

Watchette makes Grandma Naomi drink an Insta-Large potion for some Watcher achievement, so here’s  a funny picture of Grandma before she drinks an Insta-Lean potion and goes back to normal.
Ssshhh, don’t let her hear us laughing!

Hello, Nanami here now. Since you’ve joined me at work, I might as well handle the narration during my shift. So, I finally arrest the perp yesterday and solve Case 3 but my performance bar isn’t far enough right to get the Level 7 promotion, so I’ll just spend the day preparing to solve Case 4.
Lately, I run into Chad often when I’m on patrol or out to arrest a suspect. Is he always hanging out downtown when he’s not with me?

Hi again! It’s me, Takao, Boy Wonder! I’m taking over the story again now that Mom’s home from work!
Mom gets home a little after 8 p.m. and earns a promotion to Level 7, but she’s feeling super tense. Dad comes over right away and she asks for a foot massage.
Nanami: That feels great, Chad! But something’s missing…I can’t quite put my finger on it!
Chad: You just tell me what I can do to make your foot massage more enjoyable, sweetheart.

After I finish my homework and extra credit, I run over to the massage room to say hi to Dad. Ummm….Mom, as if Dad’s shorts weren’t skimpy enough?!
Whatever. Compared to when she got home, Mom looks super happy now and that’s what really matters. Mom never looks that happy when I’m in my swim trunks, so thanks, Dad!
As Dad always says, “When Mom’s not happy, nobody’s happy.”

Now I’m back in the Focused Room, getting mentored in Logic again by Great-Great-Great Grandpa Minoru, so here’s another boring shot of me playing chess. But it’s super hard to concentrate now, because Mom’s making strange little noises in the next room.

She’s getting a massage, right? No offense, Mom, but I’m thinking you and Dad need to go somewhere private.
Nanami: My thoughts exactly….

Takao: Hey, Watchette! I thought this chapter was supposed to be about me! It’s mostly shots of Mom and Dad! *pouts
Watchette: Sorry, hun. You’re just leveling Logic and Violin these days, so your photos aren’t that interesting now.
T: Even if I wear my swim trunks?
W: Haha, did Grandpa Koetsu tell you to ask me that? Just remember, Big T! Unlike you and your Mom, your Dad won’t live forever. I’m just taking lots of photos of your Dad so you’ll have something to remember him by.
Koetsu: What shameless drivel! *bursts out laughing
T: Aww, come on, Watchette! Look, here’s a totally unbelievable photo of me maxing Logic. Let’s see Dad try to beat this photo!
W: (at a loss for words…)

It’s Saturday morning and I come to Granite Falls for a vacation with the family members who have the weekend off (Mom, Grandpa Koetsu, Great-Great-Grandpa Minoru, and Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandpa Satoshi).  Dad comes with us, but we have to leave him behind in the National Forest because we can’t bring him with us to the Hermit’s Retreat.
You want picturesque, huh? Here’s a shot of yours truly being mentored in violin by Great-Great-Great-Grandpa Minoru in front of the Hermit’s home. I wish Grandpa Satoshi could mentor me instead, but he’s fishing right now.

Mom finally figures out that she can phone Dad and “invite [Dad] to current lot,” which works. Realizing the club won’t work here, she adds the Hermit to her and Chad’s club. Technically, the Hermit’s Retreat isn’t the same as “a club member’s residence,” though, so that doesn’t let her start a club gathering. Then, she remembers the Group!
She forms a group with Dad then uses “Go fishing together” with the hope that Dad will join her fishing. See you around, Hermit! (in the pinkish pants)

What’s the big deal about fishing, you want to know? If we can catch a blue crawdad from this fishing spot, our Fish Collection will be complete!
Nanami: What a great idea to come here, Watchette!
W: I figured you’d never been to Granite Falls before and, of course, neither had Chad or Takao.
N: Did you know this is Chad's first time fishing, ever? What a gorgeous place!
W: So, do you know why Gen2 Satoshi is the one fishing here?
Chad: Of course not, do tell!
W: He’s the only dynasty member who’s completed the Angling Ace aspiration. If anyone can catch our missing fish, he can!
C: Sounds right to me! Well, I have work today so I’m going home. Thanks for the invite, Nanami!

A blue crawdad! Grandpa Satoshi, we knew we could count on you!

Now that the blue crawdad has been caught, we return to our lodgings and Gen2 Grandpa Satoshi takes over as my violin mentor. The Mentor trait is definitely a must-have for skilling. The entire fam has mentored me but only Grandpa Satoshi has the Mentor trait and he’s hands-down the best mentor.
Thanks to him, I soon max Violin! It’s time to head home!

At home, I work on leveling Charisma for an hour then stop for break. Let’s go say hi to Dad and see what he’s up to!
Takao: Dad!? Is that you? What are you doing up here? I thought real men don’t use facial masks!
Chad: Son, let me teach you a very important lesson: Real men don’t care what other people think real men should or shouldn’t do. Real men just do what they want. If I want to take a bath with rose petals and wear a cucumber facial mask, that’s nobody’s business but my own.
Takao: Uh, okay….  *slinks away in confusion, unconvinced

I’m back in my little Confident corner, in the final stretch of leveling Charisma. I think I can max my third skill soon.

Aaaaannnnd, I reach Level 10 Charisma!  *pumps fist
That’s a wrap for Logic, Violin, and Charisma!
What other skills can I level as a child?  Video gaming, Fishing, Mischief...oh, and Piano!
Since I'm going into the Musician career, I'll get started on Piano next.

It’s Sunday evening and my teen birthday is on Tuesday evening, so you’ll come back for my birthday party, won’t you?
Please? Pretty please?

From Watchette:

Fortunately, Mom Nanami had the weekend off so I could just enjoy little Takao, his parents, and the other family members without stressing over the Detective Career, lol.
Two more sim days and little Takao ages up to a teenager.
Will he resemble Dad (thumbs up!)? Will he resemble Grand-Dad (not thumbs up)?
Would he resemble Mom even after inheriting Dad's skin tone, hair color, and eyes?

Come back to find out the answer to these and other silly questions!

P.S. Takao is such a cute little boy so I wanted to squeeze another chapter out of his childhood, but he spends a lot of time just skilling, so I ended up including shots of his parents. I hope the images of Chad do not offend. He'll be an elder in about 1.5 weeks, so I'm....I'm...I'm....I really have no excuse. If I see him looking good, I take a screenshot and include.  You won't have to put up with it much longer, though.
Every worthwhile scientific investigation must come to an end, right?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Nishijima Dynasty: Takao, Child Champion (New-Feb 21)
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2016, 02:15:27 PM »
The pics of Chad do not offend, it's great! I love to adore my sims and now i get to adore your sims too! Takao is really feeling the benefits of being gen 8. He's a skilling machine. I find it really interesting how quickly gen 8 learns everything; in part genetics and in part mentoring. Make sure you save a copy of Takao as a teen... he'll be fun to play later!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2016, 03:40:59 PM »
@Playalot
Thank you for adoring my sims!  ;D  About Takao, I forgot to mention in my chapter that, after completing all four childhood aspirations, he had enough to buy Savant. Morning Sim and Night Owl are unique traits, but only Savant is a shared trait in my dynasty (out of the three traits). Still even before buying it, Takao was a fast learner (riffing off of your "genetics" thing). And even though Satoshi doesn't have the Creative trait, he still excelled in mentoring Violin (compared to The Founder).

I'm grateful for your tip about saving Takao for later playing pleasure. Lol, I'm tempted to do a 100 baby challenge with my best-looking sims just to have a stable of attractive sims to choose from.  Not any time soon, though.

By the way, I just read in the Babble thread about the earthquake in your vicinity.  :o
Are you and your family safe? It must have been a terrifying experience!
I hope your life is getting back to normal and that you and yours suffer no injuries.  Hugs.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2016, 03:44:58 PM »
What an amazing little prodigy Takao is! I hadn't given any thought to genetics in a dynasty apart from their looks.  Wow, that adds a whole new dimension. The way you've played this is really inspiring. I can't wait to see how he ages up as a teen! Off to read your PM properly.

I'm definitely going to start a new Dynasty when I'm done with The Pancakes and their irrational whims! Thanks so much for this great story!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2016, 04:10:41 PM »
@tjtemple
Thanks so much for reading! I hope I can stay focused enough to reach immortality with my last two sims.

I was planning to start Satisfaction Guaranteed yesterday then I read your comment about "all they want to do is woohoo." rofl
It's already hard enough to start that challenge as it is! 

I also can't wait to see who Gen8 ends up resembling, so I'm off to find out.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Nishijima Dynasty: Even with a Dad Like Chad (New-Feb 22)
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2016, 03:29:17 AM »
Generation 8c: Even with a Dad Like Chad

Welcome back! It’s me, Nanami, and I’ll be narrating until tomorrow (Monday) evening.

It’s late Sunday night. With G2 Grandpa Satoshi’s mentoring, Takao reaches Level 8 Piano in several hours. Because Takao can now can write piano songs at level 8 and because the Musical Genius aspiration has the “Write 4 songs” milestone, he leaves the piano to go “Search for the Truth” in the Observatory. No use writing songs until he can actually work on the Musical Genius aspiration.

When I arrive to the Station on Monday morning, I already have six clues and permission to issue an APB so I do so right away. First, I’m sent to that Narwahl Arms club where I arrest someone who fits my clues perfectly, but she fails to show up with me at the Station. I issue a second APB and get sent to the Pan Europa Club and arrest the same woman again, this time with collaboration from two witnesses who point her out.  Thankfully, she appears at the Station this time.

In her excitement over my closing this fourth case, Watchette completely forgets to take any screenshots of my brilliant interrogation. Oh well.
I start a new case, visit the crime scene to gather evidence, then ccome home, confident that I’ll get promoted. What!? No promotion. Notice how close my performance bar is to the right edge; it hardly moved today!
MarionT suggested that my performance will rise faster if I go to work alone, so guess whose Watcher won’t be at the Police Station tomorrow!

Also, I’m getting a head start on Case 5 (which I’ll start the day after tomorrow, on Wednesday) by using G2 Grandpa Satoshi’s chemical analyzer to “Analyze Evidence.” Our son Takao turns into a teen tomorrow, so it will be great not having to work late for a change!

To the right of the chemical analyzer, you can see Grandpa Satoshi’s cloning machines. Though Takao’s still a child, Grandpa Satoshi has already cloned many Essences of Inspiration.
Satoshi: There should be enough Essences to speed Takao up to the top of the Musician career, once he becomes a young adult.
Nanami: Grandpa Satoshi, thanks for taking such good care of Takao!
S: He’s our precious little eighth heir! He deserves every break and advantage that our family can bestow! If you remember, I did the exact same for you, Nanami!  You have more than enough Essences of Focused to max your career.  You and Takao are now the ones who decide whether our dynasty prevails or fails.
N: You’re the best, Grandpa Satoshi! By the way, you haven’t been DJ’ing lately, have you?
S: Once Takao becomes a teen, we can all go clubbing together!

Dad always comes over as soon as Mom gets home from work. And the first thing he does is help me with my homework. Today, I realized that I’ve never gone to visit Dad! Tomorrow’s my birthday but maybe we can visit him another day.

When my homework’s done, Dad and I go watch TV together.
I can never get enough time with Dad! I’m happy that he’s okay with spending most of his time at our house. Mom hogs Dad’s attention, though, so there’s always hardly any left over for me!

Mom says Dad became an adult right after her young adult birthday. Mom becomes an adult in 6 days, so I guess Dad becomes an elder on the same day.
Lately, Mom’s been talking about locking him up at our house so he can never go home…Is that even possible?

I spend the next couple of hours in the Observatory, working on my museum items. When I go to tell Dad good night, I find him upstairs in Mom and Dad’s ensuite, taking another bath.

The other day, I thought he was just joking about the rose petals, but he really is soaking in a bath with rose petals. I ask Grandpa Koetsu, who explains that a bath with rose petals makes you flirty.

I’m just a kid so I don’t really know, but I never imagined that Mom and Dad would have to actually work at getting flirty with each other. They are usually, like, Mr. and Mrs. PDA, you know?

Tuesday is a jam-packed day!
A bit past 6 p.m., Mom arrives home with a promotion to Captain (L8). Looks like she’ll be sticking with the Detective career. She worked hard for that promotion and says she understands better how the career works.

As soon as she gets home, she gathers everyone and phones in a birthday for me! Here I am, about to blow out my birthday candles!

Watchette took a snap of me as soon as I aged up, but my original teen party outfit was so hideous that Watchette deleted the image, haha. When you see me dancing with Gen2 Grandpa Satoshi and Gen6 Grandpa Koetsu, you know without a doubt that I’m a Nishijima. If Gen5 Grandpa Seimei saw this photo of us dancing, he’d no doubt disown us. The three of us look like zombies!
In this shot, I resemble Grandpa Satoshi a lot but it’s because we share the same haircut. I actually resemble Grandpa Koetsu more than I resemble Mom or Dad.
Watchette: *sobs (Why couldn’t he resemble Chad?  Why?)

What’s wrong with this picture?
For this party, Mom hired a caterer and asked Grandma Naomi to mix drinks. You have to watch Grandma Naomi like a hawk—she completely ignored the drinks we needed for a party milestone and was dancing with all the guests.
So where’s the caterer?
We found her on the back patio with a plate of cupcakes. I wonder if she was ever planning to bring the cupcakes inside.

Of course, my dad is here for my birthday party but I had to ask him to change out of his workout shorts. I bet you never even knew that he owned a party outfit! I wish I looked more like Dad than I do. I think I have his nose! The shape of my face, my cheekbones, also resemble his. My eyes are kinda puffy, though, so Watchette thinks that wearing glasses is a good look for me.

I need to max a teen career for Renaissance Sim, so I sign up for Manual Laborer after the party ends. Level 2 Gardening is the requirement for maxing Manual Laborer, so I work in our garden a little. You can see me evolving a plant in the shot below.

Wednesday morning, Great-Great-Grandpa Seimei helps me with my homework. After I drink an Essence of Focus (check out my body glowing!), Grandpa Seimei comes over to “Discuss Cognitive Focusing Methods.” You may remember I did these same two things on my first day of Grade School, too.

And now, I am ready for my first day of high school!

Now that Takao’s gone to school, I am taking over as your guide. It’s me, Nanami!

Good morning, my darling Chad. You are looking as dazzling as usual.
Chad: Never as gorgeous as you, Nanami!
N: Awww, you are too sweet! I know you have the Mean trait, but you have always been nothing but pure sweetness to me! What are your plans for today, my heart?
Chad: I work today from noon, so I’m heading home as soon as you leave for work, dollface.
I’ll phone you as soon as I get home, Chad!
C: You know I’ll come running. Or hey, why don’t you and Takao visit me tonight?
N: I’m working late tonight, so let’s plan on Thursday evening instead? Will you come over tonight?
C: You bet!  Mwahhh.

Here at the Police Station, it’s 12:49 pm and my case map is filled with six clues about the perp. I have permission to issue an APB but no daily task to do so.  Oh okay, once I’ve changed locations, the daily tasks change, too.

Let’s see, my clues are: Geek, adult, wearing blouse, female, wearing shorts, and red hair. Wow, she’ll be really conspicuous!
There she is! It’s my co-worker, Sage Gallardo! The Hermit shows up to work on our Garden Gnomes club garden and helps finger the perp.  Off to the Station…

For once, the suspect shows up with me at the Station after the first arrest. I wonder if it’s crucial to get a witness to finger the perp before the arrest.
You can see us sitting in the interrogation room through the one-way mirror. I squeeze a confession out of the suspect in no time and put her behind bars. That’s a wrap on Case 5!

Well, color me astonished!!! At the end of my shift today, I got a promotion to Level 9 Colonel! I’m still not sure about the relationship between daily tasks and the Performance Bar, but I’m glad I remembered to “Negotiate Bonus” this morning before leaving for work.
Today, I got a new case assignment, visited the crime scene, and already have two clues toward solving Case 6. This is all great news since the requirement for L10 Detective is “Solve 6 Cases.”
I hope Case 6 goes as smoothly as today’s case did! Only one more level to go!!! I’m going to analyze 2-3 pieces of evidence at home again—it’s a real time-saver!

How do you do. My friends call me Nanami, but you can call me “Colonel”!

Watcher’s Remarks

Compared to the second and third cases, the fourth and fifth cases were almost completely unproblematic. I’m rather embarrassed by how much I panicked over the disappearing suspects, the unpredictable performance bar, and other unknowns related to this career I’d never played before.

It’s all so disconcerting! For example, when we have six clues, we get a message about APBs encouraging us to find more clues. After six clues, however, even if you get a notice about learning a new clue (after analyzing evidence or cross-referencing the database), no new clue appears in your notebook.  Boooooo!

Anyway, thanks to Playalot and MarianT, I’ve more or less made my peace with the Detective Career and will work quietly toward the last promotion.

About Takao, Nanami is a dead ringer for her mother's human disguise, so I was really hoping that Takao would be a Chad look-alike. I’m pretty bummed that, even with such a handsome Dad as Chad, Takao ends up looking more like Grandpa Koetsu (no offense, Grandpa, but no one’s as a cool as Chad in this family). 
When I look back at photos of Chad as a young adult, though, he looks very different than his present adult self. Maybe we’ll get lucky and Takao will resemble Chad more after his young adult birthday.

As always, thank you so much for reading!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2016, 01:40:08 PM »
@oshizu

I'm loving this!  Absolutely loving it!  So glad I finally got a chance to read it ^^ Love your Sims to death!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2016, 01:52:36 PM »
Chad really has amazing genes, but I can see him in Takao, just not the eyes. Loved the zombie dancing shot! Them moves! Good to see you've got the detective career under warps.  :)

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2016, 01:58:30 PM »
I'm so relieved you got the detective career sorted. It seems unfair that it's so much tougher than the scientist! And Takao is super cute, he does resemble his dad, but I agree the glasses improve him!  Love the pic of him dancing with the two grandpas! Keep going, you're doing so well!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2016, 08:49:55 PM »
Finally got caught up with your story.  Congratulations on how far you've come.  You can do it!  I know you will make it all the way.  By the way, Takao looks more like his father than you may think.  Just change his hair style and remove the glasses and you'll see.  When I want or need to paint emotional paintings I just line up 3 easels and cue each one for that type painting.  I have my Sim start one, then stop and move to the next and start, etc.  That way they are all lined up with the correct painting and it's just a matter of having them complete them by doing "Resume X painting" 3 times.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2016, 09:17:18 PM »
@Shewolf13

Thanks for being such an enthusiastic reader!  My sims love you back!

@Playalot and @tjtemple and @Joria

I appreciate your comforting me about Takao's looks. I've really loved the faces of Denzel Goth and Chad Goth (I know, surprise, right? I've concealed my infatuation for them very skillfully.) so couldn't help hoping their genes would shine through more strongly.
Joria, I'm going to try switching the haircut and see what happens.
And yes, I was completely freaking out about the Detective for awhile--you'd think my own RL job was on the the line the way I was carrying on.

Now that my last two sims are mostly ticking off requirements, I'd like to try to fill the household's daily life with a little more wow and laughter.

Thanks for your comments, ladies, they make me want to improve the story and they also boost my morale, especially since this is my first flimsy attempt at a story.  <3

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2016, 10:25:12 PM »
Less flimsy and more fantastic! Your story has been a blast to read... thoroughly enjoyed it all.  ;D And yes, your skill at hiding your true feelings for Chad and Denzel are legendary... I only wish I'd been able to hide mine for 'Dude' half as well!! *Grin*  8)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2016, 12:17:45 PM »
Less flimsy and more fantastic! Your story has been a blast to read... thoroughly enjoyed it all.  ;D And yes, your skill at hiding your true feelings for Chad and Denzel are legendary... I only wish I'd been able to hide mine for 'Dude' half as well!! *Grin*  8)

Oh no, seriously?  You had a crush on "Dude"?  I'd never noticed! 
On the other hand, I'm really unhappy with the unhappy wrinkling and slouching.  Hardly makes having elders stay fit worth the time invested.   :'(

By the way, Play, are you planning to a story with Nate? He's such a looker!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Nishijima Dynasty: Taking Out the T (New-Feb 27)
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2016, 12:58:09 PM »
Generation 8d: Taking Out the T (New Feb 27)

Welcome back, folks. Looks like I’m doing the honors this chapter. It’s me, Nanami.

First of all, I’d like to show off my handsome son, Takao. He’s in our Inspired Studio, standing between two portraits of Chad. With that dreamy smile of his, my little boy may grow up to be a heart-breaker.
Watchette: Maybe we could send him to Japan or South Korea for cosmetic surgery. Double eyelid surgery is all the rage there. Even men are starting to do it.
No thanks, Watchette. That's a little too extreme, don't you think? *takes a peek at some Youtube vids about double eyelid surgery

It’s Wednesday night. After all the drama over Takao’s teen birthday yesterday and my Detective career (I got promoted to Level 9 this evening), the house is at peace at last and the six Nishijma immortals sit down for their periodic ambrosia fix. In fact, Grandpa Koetsu’s eating ambrosia with the other immortals for the very first time, because he ate it alone the first time.

Takao may seem out of place, sitting there with all the elders. But he’s just waiting for one of them to finish eating so he can ask for help with his extra credit. The boy plans ahead!

And why aren’t I helping my son? Well, I’m analyzing evidence downstairs in preparation for solving my sixth and final case. Tomorrow, once I arrive at the Station, I’ll only have to add a few of these pieces of analyzed evidence to my Case Map as clues.

On Thursday morning, I arrive at work and fill out my Case Map. Before noon, I have six clues and so I issue an APB. After the arrest, the perp follows me meekly to the station and my interrogation begins.
Look at her face—I think I’ve got her on the run!

When I confront her with all the evidence, she admits her guilt and I put her behind bars.
Ahhh, what satisfaction! My sixth and final case!

On Friday, I go to the Station alone, without our Watcher, and work hard to push my Career Performance bar all the way to the right. When my work shift ends, I’m just a half tick away from my last promotion, which I have every intention of earning on Monday.
Here’s a snap of my irresistible Chad and I getting our flirt on in the gym. Yes, he became an elder yesterday and he still drives me wild but Chad, my darling, it’s time to get you a tee-shirt.

Oh right, I almost forgot why I wanted you to see this snap in the first place. If you look closely at the bottom right corner, you can see how very close I am to maxing the Detective career.
Definitely next Monday!  Ooh, I can practically taste that last promotion!

Takao: Hey, Mom, I’m done with my extra credit, so I’m going to go write a song.
Nanami: Sure thing, Takao. Don’t you want to chat with the readers tonight?
T: Ummm, no. But you should go check on Great-Grandpa Seimei. He’s been muttering and smiling to himself all day. That’s usually a sign that he’s up to no good.
So saying, Takao heads over to the Inspired Studio to write a song for his Musical Genius aspiration.
Watchette: That’s right, kiddo! You go write some songs. Dang, I completely forgot that he can complete that aspiration during his teen years.
N: You are growing slack in your vigilance, dear Watchette.

Nanami: Heyo Grandpa Seimei, how you doin’?
Seimei: Well, if it’s not my favorite grand-daughter!
N: Hello? I’m your one and only grand-daughter.
S: Yeah, that, too.
N: So, what are you up to?
S: Who me?
N: Yes, you.
S: Oh, I’m just, uh, taking out the tea.  Can’t you tell by looking at me?
N: No, I can’t, which is why we’re having this convo. There’s a strange vibe in the air and you’re acting oddly clueless, so I just thought I’d ask.
S: It’s such a beautiful night, Nanami. Don’t spend it cooped up in the house. Go and enjoy the night air!
N: You’re right as always, Grandpa Seimei. See ya.

Nanami: Something really odd’s going on tonight, Watchette. Don’t you feel it in the air?
Watchette: Feel what?
N: Hey, look over there! Isn’t that Grandma Naomi? Where’s she going dressed—erm, undressed—like that? What do you think, Watchette?
W: Saggy as ever!

N: Let’s go ask G2 Grandpa Satoshi what’s up. He’s always the wise presence amidst the madness when the household goes awry.
W: Agreed!  Lead the way!
N: Don’t look now, but Grandpa Minoru and Dad are doing the nude jogging thing, too.
Gah, this is too weird. Watchette, I can hear Chad calling me. Would you go talk with Grandpa Satoshi then come find me?
W: You bet. Aha, Satoshi, there you are gaming in your basement lab. Hmm, I guess Satoshi’s can’t be expected to offer any solutions here. I guess I'll report back to Nanami

Hey, Nanami! I spoke to the guys about their prancing around like that and they said….oh, I seem to be interrupting you.
Everyone except Takao is acting really crazy tonight but you and Chad with your hot-tub hanky-panky is old news.

Nanami: Sorry, Watchette! Chad called me over to show me that he dyed his hair, and we got a little distracted.
W: Tell me something I don’t already know…
N: Let’s go talk with Great-Grandpa Seimei. Look, there he is, going out the back door. Gah...
W: I can understand why they might want to go skinny-dipping on a fine night like this, but why are they so clumped together in such a large pool?
N: Grandpa Seimei, what’s going on?
S: Who knows? Maybe The Founder has some answers?
W: Great idea! We haven’t seen him all night. He might hold the key to all this!

N: Hey, isn’t that The Founder in front of the house? Who’s he with?
W: I believe that’s your latest maid. He seems a bit—how shall I say it?—preoccupied…
N: Considering he’s 283 days old, I have to confess I’m a bit impressed.
W: Haha, look there on the right! Dr. F is turning away in disgust.
N: Nah, Dr. F’s fuming with envy.

W: You know, Takao’s just a teen so I’m sure he has nothing to do with this, but the only one who’s not flashing flesh tonight is your Great-Grandpa Seimei.
N: Come to think of it, you’re right! Let’s go talk to him again!

N: Great-Grandpa Seimei, we finally found you!  What are you doing?
S: Well, you see, I’m trying to put the tea back. It’s unexpectedly much harder than taking the tea out.
N: What’s got you so high? Nobody understands what the heck you’re going on about.

S: Well, all of us are right tired of the way Watchette’s been driving us lately. When we’re young, we spend all our days working hard, skilling, and meeting requirements,
even sometimes forced into friendships we don’t really want. When we get old, Watchette still doesn’t let us just wander around and do whatever we want.
We slave away, morning to night, offering massages and wellness socials to help the youngsters achieve the right emotions, we mentor, we gather ambrosia ingredients and cook ambrosia,
we help out with parties…the list goes on. But when we’re not busy with all that, what does the Watcher do to reward us for our efforts?
She forces us to fish or meditate all day.  Whoopee-doo.

S: I bet you that, this very moment, young Takao is working on some dynasty requirement or other, right?
W: Hey, hey, hey! It’s not like I only enjoy that kind of intense, micro-managing style of gameplay, you know. I like to chill and hang loose like everyone else.
N: So what does all that have to do with you and your tea?

S: Well, my plan didn’t really work out as I’d hoped. I thought if I took the tea out, we could be the Nishijima Immoral Dynasty for just one night.
But in fact, we six immortals are pretty worn out and exhausted, and Takao is still a teen, so we couldn’t actually get into as much trouble as we’d hoped.
And besides, without our dynasty pollinators, our world has become rather depopulated—there are hardly any unrelated hot mamas to meet and greet anymore. I, for one, draw the line at romancing maids and postladies!
W: And so?
Seimei:  And so that’s why I decided to put the tea back. We are now officially the Nishijima Immortal Dynasty once more.

W: Good grief, Seimei! That has to be one of the corniest jokes I’ve ever heard!
Seimei: I know, right? *grins sheepishly
N: Well, you had us going there for a little while, Grandpa. I’ll hand you that. Bravo! (The joke was super dumb, but I’ll keep that thought to myself.)
S: My only regret is that we couldn’t stir up more trouble, but we’re just too, uh, elderly for that. Watchette got so wound up about your career, Nanami, I thought we could all use some frivolous folly.

Watcher’s Remarks:

Dear readers, I apologize profusely for this chapter’s corniness. I went back and forth about whether to post this ridiculous chapter or not. Then, I had an epiphany: My other chapters aren’t that great either, so what have I got to lose?

Please rest assured that the next chapter will be rife with gravitas and profound significance. A bit of Chad spam may be inevitable, though, since he’ll only be around for another week or so.