Author Topic: The Nishijima Immortal Dynasty: If at First You Don't Succeed (Completed)  (Read 57592 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Nishijima Dynasty: Taking Out the T (New Feb 27)
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2016, 01:13:32 PM »
Oh come now!  That was hilarious!  I think during a challenge like the ID, you gotta get your laughs somehow!  That was actually really funny!  Corny yes, but still funny!

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Re: The Nishijima Dynasty: Even with a Dad Like Chad (New-Feb 22)
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2016, 01:59:28 PM »
I agree! You had me giggling!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
Re: The Nishijima Dynasty: Even with a Dad Like Chad (New-Feb 22)
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2016, 02:39:22 PM »
I love this chapter!  Please don't do gravitas and significance! I especially love the way you've captured your perps's face when she got busted! And the immoral dynasty... Now there's an idea for a tournament challenge... We can get our revenge on The Pancakes!

Good luck with Nanami's maxing the career; you're so close now, keep going!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Nishijima Dynasty: Nanami Quits!!! (New Feb 28)
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2016, 01:12:28 AM »
Generation 8e: Nanami Quits!!! (New Feb28-ish)

The next morning, Saturday arrives and the Nishijimas are back to business as usual.
As Takao leaves for the first day of his part-time job, members of our household are either starting or already engaged in meditation or yoga practice.
Takao feels bad about holding back the fam, saying we could have gone to Granite Falls this weekend if not for his work. Nobody minds, though.

Especially me, because tonight’s my birthday! I’m a city girl and I definitely don’t want to be spending my birthday just fishing and swatting flies.
Chad’s also in the swing of the Nishijima wellness campaign. I feel a little bad about keeping him here all the time. He hardly ever goes home and when he’s here, I’m always “rallying his troops” so he doesn’t sleep much either. *cough

Great-Grandpa Minoru is so thoughtful! He checked his relationship panel and discovered that Chad is still a Level 9 Author, even though the fam has mentored him in Writing and Logic.
We all want Chad to earn his last promotion. Since Chad works today from noon, Great-Grandpa Minoru gives him a Yling Ylang Aromatherapy Massage to give him an Inspired boost.
W: I’d love to see Chad become a “Creator of Worlds,” too!
Nanami: Watchette, is it possible to influence the career levels of sims who don’t live in the household?
W: I have no idea, Nanami. And I’m embarrassed to say that I wasn’t regularly checking Chad’s career levels from the time he became a young adult. I only remembered that he joined the Author career as a Young Adult; when I checked again after you married him, he was a Level 9 Author.
N: Perhaps Chad’s Logic isn’t high enough?
W: Good observation, Nanami. We’ll all do whatever it takes, girl.

W: Uh Chad, I know you’re grateful for the pre-work massage and all, but I have a sneaking feeling that Nanami would completely freak out if she walked in right now. After the massage, you’re supposed to put your clothes back on…
Chad: Hey, wait a minute. What happened to the Immoral Dynasty?
W: Oh that? Didn’t you get the memo? Seimei nipped that in the bud last night, so get dressed and go to work, please.
(Watchette hurriedly instructs Nanami to “End gathering” then Chad swaggers off the lot in the buff, hopefully to work.)

Takao: Hi Mom, my first day of work wasn’t bad at all. What are you up to?
Nanami: Well, I become an adult tonight and I’m pretty sure I’ll max my career on Monday, so I really don’t have any dynasty requirements to work on for now. It’s still too early to lock in the friendships.
I thought I’d level my Mixology to help out with your parties.

Once Takao gets home from work, we head out to the spa so we can both make some friends. Takao’s only been a teen for 4 days and he’s spent most of his life at home working on dynasty-related activities, so I want him to get out and meet people, too.  (Somehow, he’s managed to become friends with that maid, the little rascal!)
I look around the spa for the younger staff and a young adult massage therapist catches my eye.
Athough it’s too early, Everett Hastings and I are already good friends!

Takao meets a lot of new people, including the yoga instructor, Dan Chapa. I notice that Dan’s feeling flirty—I hope that’s how he acts with everyone in his classes
Looks like Takao and Dan are friends now. That’s nice (I hope).
Check out this screenshot of the yoga class. Takao acquired Wellness for the first time and reached Level 2 by the end of the class. When the instructor does a backbend, though, only Great-Grandpa Seimei can do the same pose and everyone else looks like they need to take a trip to the men’s room.

We visit a café in Windenberg briefly in hopes of meeting a few more people today. Takao does introduce himself to several more people. Since everyone at the café is an adult, though, he doesn’t encounter any prospects for long-term friendships. Sad but true…these people would all be gone by the time Takao becomes an elder.
I invite along my co-worker from the Police Station, Detective Pablo Gunderson. We’ve been friends since forever and tonight we become good friends.
We better head home now. In less than an hour, I’ll qualify for aging up and Takao knows enough people to throw some good parties! Sadly, he hasn’t met any other teens yet.

Takao: I’m going to start my parties now, so do you mind if I take over, Mom?
Nanami: Sure, kiddo. I’m going to go put on my party dress.
So, first up is Mom’s birthday party.  In the first shot, she’s just about to blow out the candles. The second shot is right after she aged up to an adult. Mom, you are just as lovely as ever!

Since the party people have their groove on, I decide to throw another party—a dinner party this time.
As usual, Watchette gets caught up in helping to throw the party and doesn’t get any good photos, except at the end, after we’ve completed all the party milestones and know we’ve got the gold.
Mom and I had never danced before, so we both acquired the Dancing skill here.

Here I am, in all my hostly magnificence. 
W: I’m pretty sure that you can’t use “host” as a modifier like that.
Whatever. I always miss the timing to catch that “Gold medal” pop-up, darn it. A screenshot of the little message in the upper right is just not the same! I need to work on my timing!

By the way, that two-tiered thing on the round table is called the Fountain of Mirth. No one in our household had ever used it before so I tried it tonight for both parties. Watchette had read on the forum that the Fountain could be used for the “Have drinks” milestone, so we wanted to check it out.

I choose to serve Sparkling Apple Juice. I should have done some research first, haha. I couldn’t figure out why the partygoers were becoming hysterical—I had to send several to the mirror to calm down. I had to send Mom and Grandpa Satoshi twice each during the dinner party. (It was actually rather terrifying...)

When I check their moodlets, I realize the Sparkling Apple Juice is giving them the Funny moodlet. *facepalm
Watchette, could you look around for a list of what all of the Fountain of Mirth’s drinks do?
W: Carl describes all possible drinks and their effects on his “Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff” page. I sure wish I'd thought to check first. Well, now we know to serve Caramel next time, hey?

Anyway, that’s three parties down and two to go. A date would be nice…
W: Hey, Takao, it’s time for you to get ready for work!

Today, I'm promoted to Level 3 Manual Laborer! I quit my part-time job as soon as I got home. Immediately after that, I phoned in a house party. I figure now’s a good time for a house party since the household has a few couples going, which will be vital if the party throws me Flirt/Kiss milestones. Oddly, the partygoers end up being only the fam and G2 Grandpa Satoshi’s new lady friend.
I wonder why the female newcomers to our world are all adults? Why haven’t I met any teens yet?

And by the way, when Grandpa's chatting with Dad during the party, Dad tells him that he retired. Mom's rather upset that she wasn’t the first to know. Now she’s planning on having him stay at our house all the time, though, since he’s no longer working.

The other day, The Founder told me that Mom and Dad had the happiest marriage among all the couples in the Nishijima Dynasty. I’m glad that Mom and Chad are so happy.
When I think about what a loving husband he’s been to Mom and what a caring father he’s been to me, it’s so hard to believe that Dad has the Mean trait.

*Whispers: I just made a club with only me and Dad in it, so I can spend time with Dad while Mom’s at work. It’s the only time she’s not monopolizing him. Sheesh.

Sooooo, time’s a wasting. We all pitch in to clean up the house then I phone in an Incognito party.
And when the party’s over, I earn my fifth and last gold medal.

After the party, I upgrade a sink to earn some aspiration points while Great-Grandpa mentors and Mom cleans up.

Koetsu: Hey, Grandson, why the big rush to finish up all your parties? You’re still just a teen!
Takao: True dat, but I’m really worried about how the game lags. During the Incognito Party, you might not have noticed but it took me over 30 sim-minutes just to say my last “Compliment costume.”
Parties are the most time-sensitive dynasty requirements, so I want to complete them while I can, that is, while the game lets me.
K: I see, that’s pretty smart planning.
T: Well, besides all the dynasty stuff, I'd like to have some time to go out at night. You know, meet people my own age and have fun!
K: I hear you, Big T. Don't think you need to bring all of us with you everywhere. But if you only want to take along 2-3 people, choose me, you hear?
T: Haha, okay. Thanks for mentoring me on the woodworking table, Grandpa.
K: My pleasure. Now, let’s go get changed out of these costumes!

I finally finished writing my first song. It took an unbelievably long time, but I apparently just licensed my violin song to APR’s morning news show. Fame and fortune lie ahead around the next corner!

Nanami: I’m so nervous about work today. Although my shift starts at 9:00 a.m., I don't get the “Time for Work” notice until considerably later! Watchette was starting to sweat that I’d end up missing work then suffer a drop in my performance bar. Finally, at 9:58 a.m., I get the “Time for Work” notice and can leave for work.
I earn my last promotion to Level 10 Chief as soon as I return home today. I wanted to get my picture taken in my new spiffy Chief uniform, but I kept getting photo-bombed by family and just gave up. Instead, I show a shot of Chad and I doing a high-five to celebrate the end of my career struggles.

W: So what now, Nanami?
N: Well, since Chad’s not working, I’m going to stop working, too. I thought I’d take all my vacation days before quitting, then realized I don’t need the money. Sitting at the Chief's desk, even for a day, isn't so important to me. All I have left now is making friends and aging up to an elder, so I want to take it easy and enjoy my time with Chad.
So….I quit! Dang, that feels good!
And Takao sweetest, don’t worry! I’ll share my darling husband with you so you can spend a few hours with him everyday.
T: Gee, thanks. (So much for that new club I started for me and Dad!)

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
Re: The Nishijima Dynasty: Nanami Quits!!! (New Feb 28-ish)
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2016, 08:50:32 AM »
OH wow, she made it!  And then quit - I bet the station are furious they spent all that time getting a new chief and she quit after a day  ;D  Excellent work watchette, serves them right for all the stress they caused us all with the promotion delays!

I don't think I'd be brave enough to try this career with the dynasty  :o

Love the photos of Nanami and Takao dancing together!  More soon please :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2016, 09:46:08 AM »
@Shewolf13 and @JudesSims
Thank you for your positive feedback on the Taking out the T chapter. I'm glad you got a giggle out of it--makes me glad I posted it.
And you're so right about

I think during a challenge like the ID, you gotta get your laughs somehow!
I can't agree more Shewolf13! Well, at least after the next chapter, most of the requirement-chasing is done.
To be honest, I just want to be finished at this point. I'm just itching to fail the Apocalypse Challenge!

We can get our revenge on The Pancakes!
@tjtemple
Thanks for always being so supportive! Ahhh, the Pancakes. I tried to finish that yesterday and wrote up another chapter for this thread instead.  I only have today to complete that challenge!

Thank you for reading and comment, ladies!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2016, 09:55:23 AM »
OH wow, she made it!  And then quit - I bet the station are furious they spent all that time getting a new chief and she quit after a day  ;D  Excellent work watchette, serves them right for all the stress they caused us all with the promotion delays!

I don't think I'd be brave enough to try this career with the dynasty  :o

Love the photos of Nanami and Takao dancing together!  More soon please :D
Good morning, @tjtemple

Haha, I thought I should challenge myself a little more at the end of my IDC and bit off more than I could handle!
I'd never played the Detective career before. When I'd read about it on Carl's guide, it seemed pretty straightforward and manageable.
I'll probably never do the Detective career again--it's too stressful when the perp disappears after the arrest, especially when they don't arrive at the station until the next day.

Hopefully, Takao's Musician career will advance uneventfully.  :)  *knocks on wood

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2016, 02:01:58 AM »
Great chapters! Congrats Nanami on completing the Detective career! Gen 8 is racing along too.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2016, 07:27:24 PM »
Great chapters! Congrats Nanami on completing the Detective career! Gen 8 is racing along too.  :)
@Playalot   I appreciate all your advice about the Detective career when I collapsed into full panic mode. I'm glad now that I didn't switch over to the Chef career. Thanks so much!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2016, 08:03:15 PM »
I'm so scared that I'm going to miss reading along with the final few chapters that I keep checking! lol. Soooo close now!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2016, 09:16:02 PM »
I'm so scared that I'm going to miss reading along with the final few chapters that I keep checking! lol. Soooo close now!
Hehe, sorry for the false alarm. I'll be sure to let you know.  ;)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2016, 09:17:31 PM »
LOL...  ;D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2016, 03:02:23 PM »
Just got caught up.  Oh, my~~!  Those naughty, naughty elders.  What a riot.  You are so close now.  Can hardly wait to see how it all turns out.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2016, 08:16:19 AM »
Sorry I've been AWOL! Work has been crazy with financial year-end upon us :-( I would get home super late and then by the time I had checked 1 or 2 stories, I'd be dead to the world!

I love your storytelling! This is one of my favourites, and as you can discover, I am a "leading authority" on sims stories lol (by that I mean I've read a bajillion of them lol)

Taking out the T was inspired! It might have been a tad corny, but I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of IDC writers kicking themselves for not having thought of it first!

I think Takao looks a lot like his dad, with a healthy dose if Nishijima awesomeness thrown in for good measure! And Chad still looks hot! Even as a saggy elder!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2016, 01:52:22 PM »
@Joria
As always, I really appreciate your kind support and laughter.

@Magpie2012
Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear that you've been so busy! The Nishijimas and I have missed you!  :'(
By the way, I discovered last week that your birthday is next, next Monday and I've worked myself into a tizzie about not forgetting when the day comes!
Hope your work-busyness doesn't last much longer (until the end of the month?). Chad sends you an air-kiss, lol.

Thank you both for reading, ladies! Your presence makes the requirements-grinding in the last generations less lonely!