Author Topic: The Nishijima Immortal Dynasty: If at First You Don't Succeed (Completed)  (Read 57556 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Nishijima Dynasty: A Father and His Fishing Fiends (new - Mar 16)
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2016, 12:37:31 AM »
This is a little chapter about the eighth heir, Takao, and his family.
For the life of me, I can’t remember why I gave him the Family-Oriented trait.
Why would I give that trait to the only heir who could live with neither his spouse nor his children?
Anyway, Takao really has a terrific partner; she and his children have great traits (so far), so this chapter introduces them.

Just Waiting 03: A Father and His Fishing Fiends

Everyone is really drawn to the Outdoor TV. I guess it’s a matter of choosing a film that the majority can enjoy. Klumzee Sisters totally flopped in the Nishijma Household.
From left to right: Gen4 Minoru (Start-up Entrepreneur) and Gen5 Seimei (Oracle) on the loveseat;  Gen8 Takao (Musician), The Founder Osamu (Author), and Gen2 Satoshi (Scientist) on the sofa; and Gen6 Koetsu (Painter of the Real) and Gen7 Nanami (Detective) on the loveseat.
Gen3 Naomi (Chef) is the only one missing. Minoru is doing his “zombie eyes” face.

They make such great faces while they’re watching the TV.
The Founder is sandwiched by Gen8 Takao and Gen2 Satoshi who both wear expressions of shocked surprise.

Takao—who has changed into more comfortable clothing—sits with his grandfather, Gen6 Koetsu. (Takao is such a drama queen!)

Gen4 Minoru (left) and his son Seimei (right) look more alike than I’d ever noticed before.

It’s funny how different members of the household assume certain roles.
For example, The Founder is always the one who complains when family members cook during a party unless s/he is the designated caterer.
When viewing a movie, Gen2 Satoshi can often be seen doing the shushing.
I’ve honestly never seen Satoshi looking so irritated!

Hello all! Takao here to do the honors!
It’s Sunday morning and I’m visiting the BFF House. I’m sure it looks familiar to you.
Initially, it was the home of Summer Holiday, Liberty Lee, and Travis Scott, as you all well know.
Today, my beloved Stephanie Holiday lives here with our three kids.

Considering how wealthy the Nishijima Dynasty has become, I’m ashamed that Steph and our kids live in such cramped quarters.
The house was designed for three single sims, but it’s ill-suited for family living and dynasty rules forbid the editing of lots which aren’t club hangouts or cemeteries.
Of course, I sorely wish I could remodel this house for the children!

The living room is very sparse. On the table between the sofa and the bookcase, I leave a book I recently wrote for the children. Its title is, what else, Daddy Loves You!

I can’t invite my family to move into the Nishijima estate nor may I move out to live with them.
Hoping to promote their self-sufficiency (although I am of course providing full financial support), I have brought over perfect plants from our garden—a few high-value plants to sell profitably and a handful of vegetables and fruits essential to cooking healthy meals.  Stephanie helps with the watering.

Here are our three kids.  Garrett (whom you’ve met before) and his twin sister Sheila stand on the left and right, while Poppy stands with her back turned.

Watchette: The entire family would benefit from a trip to the closet, don’t you think?
But I’m planning to take them on vacation to Granite Falls today!
W: Let’s stop by home on the way. Steph is wearing high-heeled boots and the girls are in dresses. They’re not dressed for cloudgazing and fishing in Granite Falls!

After a pit stop at the Nishijima closet, we’ve arrived at Granite Falls!
From left to right is Stephanie (Neat, Loves the Outdoors, Creative), our third-born Poppy (Loves the Outdoors) in turquoise, then the twins Garrett (Bookworm) and Sheila (Loves the Outdoors).
Considering my Family-Oriented trait and their great traits so far, I think we’d really enjoy living and doing things together as a family.

On a much earlier vacation, the family planted a half-dozen plants for cooking meals and brewing herbal remedies alongside our rental, so I quickly water them.
By the way, did I tell you that Steph loves to garden?

A game of horseshoes is always fun.
Though Poppy was born several days later than the twins, you’d think they were triplets, wouldn’t you?

After playing horseshoes, Steph and I engage in a little horseplay of our own.
Then, I finally gather up my courage and propose. And she accepts!
It’s not the most private, romantic proposal but, hey, this is our little family!

I immediately try to lead her away to a secret place I’d chosen to hold our own private wedding ceremony, but I’m told that we can’t get married while on vacation. Boo!
Then, Steph keeps waving goodbye to me! That ruffles my feathers quite a bit until I remember that she works on Sunday evenings.
What? She’s a chef? A neat, creative chef who loves the outdoors and enjoys gardening?
Could I ask for a more perfect wife for the kind of lifestyle I crave?

Well, after she dashes off to work, I go pay my respects to the giant camping mascot.
Yes, I know, I could just ask Watchette to pull ours out of the family inventory to learn the schematic, but this is the real thing, you know?

I invite the kids to go fishing.  They all run over to the fishing spot with me, but only Garrett stays to fish.
Not surprising, since Garrett and I are already good friends, while I’ve only gotten to Friends status with the girls.

Sheila and Polly had run off to stargaze together, but they're back to fish with Garrett and me.
I’m Level 7 Fishing now and, though Polly (in turquoise) started fishing later than me tonight, she’s already caught more fish than I have! I’m both ashamed and proud of her achievement!

Dang, my kids are little fishing fiends! Both Polly and Garrett have each caught more fish than I have tonight!
I want to take them to lots of different fishing spots!

It’s getting pretty late but their mother won’t get home from work until later, so I prepare the trout I caught earlier for dinner and we share a meal before heading home.
Their mother might be a Level 9 Chef, but my Trout Meuniere seems to be a big hit with the kids!

As we get ready to leave Granite Falls, I feel pleasantly surprised to realize that I’ve become Good Friends with both my daughters, without any special effort of my own.
We were just meant to be!

Stephanie phones to thank me for teaching the kids to fish (Nice! They didn’t tell her how they out-fished Dad) and feeding them before taking them home.
Around me, the Nishijima Immortals wander around the house, up to their usual activities.
And me?  I sit listlessly in the living room where the TV used to be, nursing a strong drink, gazing at the toy box in the corner of the room, and wishing I could always be close to my beloved Steph and kids.
For a Family-Oriented sim like me, that would be paradise on Earth!

The next morning, I wait impatiently until after the kids would have left for school, then phone Stephanie to meet me somewhere special.
Because she loves the outdoors, I know she will find the Sylvan Glades to be unforgettably breathtaking.

I could have changed my clothes, but since Stephanie showed up in casual clothes, I decide to stay the way I am.
The most important thing is that Stephanie and I are now married! I'm the luckiest man in the world!

Some Thoughts from Watchette:

Something that’s been on my mind lately is finding another BFF for Takao to replace Stephanie.
Since a BFF must not be good friends with anyone else in the dynasty household, if Steph is Takao’s BFF, she can never visit the Nishijima home.
Why? Because Seimei, for example, is known to have reached Good Friend status with a complete stranger after only a introduction and one social!
So I’m hoping to have Takao acquire another BFF, which would make Steph and their kids his good friends.  In that way, I could invite Takao’s family over to the main house as much as we want.

Well, the big events for Takao in the near future will be his adult birthday and his kids becoming teenagers.  Since the Holiday twins were his first children, I imagine both events will occur rather close together.
I hope to see you around when those events draw near.

As always, thank you so much for reading!

P.S. For updated Dynasty stats, click here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Nishijima Dynasty: The Seventh Immortal (Mar 12 update)
« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2016, 12:43:32 AM »
Awww, very cute!  Love your family hun ^^

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Nishijima Dynasty: A Father and His Fishing Fiends (new - Mar 16)
« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2016, 12:58:33 AM »
Thank you, Wolfie.
This was a really aimless chapter, but I found it oddly relaxing to have Takao hang out with four sims that couldn't be controlled.

I have no control over their aspirations and skills. I can barely direct them toward or away certain activities by using Groups and Clubs (although Clubs allows a lot more control).
Lol, if I could control these kids, I would be trying to max their aspirations then max all the child-stage skills.
Anyway, this chapter was fun because I miss having multiple children around and I enjoyed not having to care about their stats, haha.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2016, 01:39:45 AM »
What a lovely episode; I would never have thought to take mine on a family holiday.  Your little family are gorgeous; and yes, it's lovely having kids around that you can just allow to "be kids" and not fret about skills and aspirations.  I love the pics of the boys watching the movie; I hadn't realised how much the movie pack adds - I'm tempted now :D

Keep going - you're nearly there! :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2016, 02:15:49 AM »
I really feel for Takao, it's all a bit sad being separated from his family. At least he can visit them.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2016, 06:58:21 AM »
wow, I don't think it really dawned on me that your dynasty is all guys (except the 7th!) 
Did you do it like that purposely?

That's a nice way to pass the time, taking Takao and family on vacation.  I know what you mean about the best friend thing.  I kept having to shoo Matt away from Don.  Luckily it takes a bit more from my sims to become good friends than just a wave and a hello!  Wow, that must be hard!
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2016, 04:44:50 PM »
@tjtemple
Thank you! I resisted buying the Movie Hangout pack at first, too, but I liked the idea of an outdoor home cinema and caved.

@Playalot
Haha, I'd completely forgotten that I'd given him the Family-Oriented trait until day before yesterday, when I noticed he was missing family.
Thank you for feeling sad for him. I was hoping everyone would forget that he'd completed Serial Romantic, hehe.

@wfgodot
My 3rd and 7th heirs are women.  :D
In fact, my 3rd heir's husband was incredibly gorgeous so I spent the next three generations trying for a son, hoping to get a lookalike. (I didn't)
Also, in my game, the male elders have aged better than my 3rd heir; she has breasts that sag down to her waist, though she has max fitness!
I love your phrasing--a wave and a hello. Since you're trying to keep Matt away from Don, he must gravitate toward him all the time, lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #157 on: March 18, 2016, 05:21:26 PM »
All caught up again.  Wow!  First of all laughing so hard over Joaquin le Chien!  Crying over Chad.  :'(  Loving all the rest.  Your Sims are so good looking, funny, smart and entertaining.  So, fingers crossed for you for the rest of the waiting time till the final dish of ambrosia can be eaten  YOU GO GIRL!!!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #158 on: March 19, 2016, 10:56:46 AM »
Love Stephanie! *not biased due to her my name*
The kids are so cute, but I noticed that you alternate between calling the youngest Poppy or Polly... I might just take to calling her Poply lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #159 on: March 19, 2016, 12:08:13 PM »
@Joria
When I was writing about Joaquin the Dog-Walker, I was thinking you'd get a special kick since you often choose him as a spouse.
Thanks for crossing your fingers for us. We need it!

@Magpie2012
Oh, I never knew that about Stephanie! Now we'll treat her extra nice as your namesake!  :D
Lol, you're absolutely right about my Poply confusion! (That's actually a cute name!)
Her name is actually Poppy, lol.
And see, just as I feared, I missed wishing you a Happy Birthday of your actual day. Sooo....

Happy Birthweek, Magpie!
May you stretch the festivities celebrating your existence into Saturday and Sunday. Have a blast!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2016, 03:44:58 PM »
Lol thanks :-D I had a blast! My folks took me to dinner at a steakhouse restaurant with a Native American theme (which is kinda funny since the Spur restaurants were born and bred in South Africa lol) and had the waitrons sing to me *facepalm* basically it went something like this: I don't know, but I've been told, Sexy Lady's getting old... But do not worry, do not fear, you're getting sexier every year! Lol it was brilliant and mortifying all at the same time! But I knew it was coming since this restaurant chain is infamous in the country for its birthday songs lol

Now that I read it again, I have to agree lol Poply is a cute name! Too bad she's not an heir, else we could have found her someone with a name ending in "-ly" so we could make Poply their ship-name :-D

Don't worry about not remembering! I woke up on monday morning and when my mom came to hug me I was like "ok?!?" And then she said "Happy birthday" and it all clicked lol plus 20% of my colleagues didn't remember and its been on the birthday board since the beginning of March lol we actually had 3 birthdays at work. Monday was mine, Tuesday was our PPE (Personal Protective Equipment - basically safety gear like boots and hard hats and conti-suits) consultant Reshmika and Wednesday was one of the Site supervisors Leanne! Our office was drowning in cake lol

Edit: and I just realised now, exactly how often I use "lol" O_O I think I might have a problem O_O do you think they have a Lol-aholic's Anonymous?!?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2016, 12:35:02 PM »
At long last I have caught up. It was a joy to continue reading about the Nishijima's. I think I joined the Chad club right after seeing all those 'appreciative' screenshots and snorted with laughter when all those paintings of him popped up.  This last chapter has been so sweet to read, I love that Takao spent time with his kids and went on holiday seeing as he has the time to do it =D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2016, 12:55:38 PM »
Wow, so close! Pretty soon Takao will be able to have his ambrosia and move in with Stephanie and his children.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2016, 04:30:19 PM »
@Nettlejuice
Thanks for joining Club Chad *issues a membership card and commemorative bromide, autographed from beyond.
As the dynasty family ages, I get more elders and fewer kids to play. So the family vacation was really fun for me.

@MarianT
Thank you for reading! I must admit, Steph's been pregnant a lot to keep her from aging too fast.
And yes, you're a mindreader. I do want to move him out to a house of their own, someday.  :D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2016, 04:35:11 PM »
Omg... I panic navigated here... don't do that to me!!!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.