Author Topic: Looking for a Challenge? Join the Club!  (Read 21675 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Looking for a Challenge? Join the Club!
« on: March 11, 2016, 06:32:37 AM »
Looking for a Challenge? Join the Club!

Goal
The team decided the time was right to offer up a Get Together focused event to see how many different club banners a player can purchase before their Sim turns Adult.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create one human YA sim in CAS.
  • Must choose Leader of the Pack Aspiration to start.
  • Cannot change Aspirations until Leader of the Pack is finished.
  • No adding to the household.
  • No moving.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • Depending on the packs you have, there are 23-24 premade clubs in the game -- 11 that show up initially and 12 that show up as the others are disbanded. Your Sim will be eligible to join all but 2 of them.
  • Your Sim must join these clubs, become their leader, and disband them after gaining 500 perk points, enough to buy a banner. You may not change the activities or membership of these clubs, with one exception. If you have to join a club that has no activities, you may add up to 3 activities.
  • Once your Sim has done this with 18 clubs, your Sim may start creating clubs:
  • Each club must have a unique restriction (age-related, trait-related, skill-related, or job-related).
  • Each club must have 3 unique activities (you may duplicate activities that premade clubs had but not ones from your created clubs).
  • Again, your goal is to get 500 perk points and buy a banner.
  • This challenge ends when your Sim has aged up to Adult.

Scoring

Club Banners — Add up the total number of different club banners your Sim purchased before they turned Adult. Give yourself 1 pt for each different banner.
To help keeping track on your clubs LenaLJ created a spreadsheet, which can be found here

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, Nutella, LenaLJ, Trip, and MarianT) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                                 Club Banners
Minnie Mouse                            55
thekatie0409                            55
Makenziegma                            49
reggikko                            41
Nutella                            41
LenaLJ                            40
Ricalynn                            38
oshizu                            36
GlazeyLady                            35
Eighty8Keys                            34
mcbalisen                            34
Magpie2012                            33
Ginj                            32
sdhoey                            31
tjtemple                            26
Metropolis Man                            26
MarianT                            23
MissZoef                            23
CynKuy                            23
Teresa                            22

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Looking for a Challenge? Join the Club!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 05:59:00 AM »
Rule Change: The team made an edit today and changed the following from 21 clubs you have to join to 18...

• Once your Sim has done this with 18 clubs, your Sim may start creating clubs:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 12:08:30 PM »
Clarification: Can we disband any 18 different clubs or are we required to disband all of the original ones (Garden Gnomes, Good Timers, Spin Masters, etc.) that we are allowed to join?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 02:09:15 AM »
Can you explain how the banners work?  I'm practicing and I got 500 points in a club, and used them on the Club Banner - I was expecting to have a banner in my personal or home inventory, but I didn't.  I see that I can buy any banner for any club, though - so do we need to spend 500 points on the Club Banner and then go into buy mode to actually buy it?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 08:02:22 AM »
Can you explain how the banners work?  I'm practicing and I got 500 points in a club, and used them on the Club Banner - I was expecting to have a banner in my personal or home inventory, but I didn't.  I see that I can buy any banner for any club, though - so do we need to spend 500 points on the Club Banner and then go into buy mode to actually buy it?

Yes. The banner costs about $50.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 12:27:09 PM »
Rule Clarification:

Each club must have a unique restriction.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 03:20:38 PM »
yay! I was waiting for a club-related challenge  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 06:52:30 AM »
To help myself keep track for this challenge i made this spreadsheet.
And i decided to share it with you all in cases others would like to use it too
Spreadsheet

Hope its helpfull, and PM if you find errors or have questions.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 09:36:41 AM »
Thank you so much, Lena. :)

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 01:14:47 AM »
When my groups disband I find groups with the same name in the list of potential clubs to join but with different members. Is this a bug? If not can I join a different club with the same name and count each one as they are different people?

Other than the above question I have to say that I have loved all of the challenges but this may be my favorite yet!!! I don't frequently play with a lot of clubs so didn't know I would enjoy it as much as I do.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 07:47:49 AM »
When my groups disband I find groups with the same name in the list of potential clubs to join but with different members. Is this a bug? If not can I join a different club with the same name and count each one as they are different people?

Other than the above question I have to say that I have loved all of the challenges but this may be my favorite yet!!! I don't frequently play with a lot of clubs so didn't know I would enjoy it as much as I do.

Yes, this is an unforeseen problem. What we're suggesting is that you try to make your 18 with different clubs, but if it gets to the point where the only premade club you can join is one you've belonged to before, you can join and disband that.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 01:09:58 PM »
Does 'disbanding a club" refer to clicking on the trashcan icon (next to Club perks) on the Club Info page? I've never seen a club reappear (over 8 generations) after being deleted, but I didn't delete all of the pre-made clubs either.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 01:23:10 PM »
Does 'disbanding a club" refer to clicking on the trashcan icon (next to Club perks) on the Club Info page? I've never seen a club reappear (over 8 generations) after being deleted, but I didn't delete all of the pre-made clubs either.

Yes, the trashcan in the bottom right corner on the Club info page is what you want.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2016, 11:16:57 PM »
My sim is having a problem with one of her self made clubs she wants to have at her house. It will not start even though it states has started. However while members are doing club activities there is no points adding up. Also, for my sim it gives the option to join but no matter how many times I click it she just won't.

I have tried repair game and disbanding and starting the same club up again after that failed but all to no avail. Any advice?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 12:21:20 AM »
Is the gathering during your Sim's work hours? Even if they take a vacation day, if they are supposed to be at work they can't join a club gathering during those hours.