Author Topic: A Step Back In Time ~ Life States Dynasty (Complete)  (Read 18366 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: A Step Back In Time ~ Life States Dynasty (Gen 6)
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2014, 12:26:04 PM »
Sorry for not commenting earlier. There's a lot I could say, but now all I can think of is "lucky you for getting your last heir on the first try!"

I don't have IP, so I'll appreciate Jon's amazingly cool ghost-type through your dynasty. ;D
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
A Step Back In Time ~ The Dehydrated Ghost Girl Part One
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2014, 04:55:12 AM »
Welcome, Dawn!  Congrats to Hayley to completing all of her requirements.  I don't think I've ever played the brooding trait (at least not that I remember...).  I wonder if the fact that both of them were evil that Jon just didn't care about Hayley's feelings.  Just a thought  :)

I don't know to be honest, I think maybe if he was brooding he might care, it's possible though as she did the same to Tommie once and his reaction was like Jon's, he was evil as well.

I was a bit stuck with Tommie, it wasn't until she broke it off with Elijah it showed up as her partner being Tommie but with a friendship icon not steady or romantic interest, I tried to buy her a clean slate but couldn't, her scrapbook said no relationships but the game considered them an item, when they became distant friends though it vanished to my relief, I thought I might not be able to get her together with Jon because if it. I guess it was a relic from prom, if she had stayed they probably would have ended up romantic interests.

Sorry for not commenting earlier. There's a lot I could say, but now all I can think of is "lucky you for getting your last heir on the first try!"

I don't have IP, so I'll appreciate Jon's amazingly cool ghost-type through your dynasty. ;D

Thank you Trip, yes I got lucky for five generations in a row, quite surprised by that as I was expecting far more failed attempts at an heir.

My last attempt before the reinstall was with dehydration ghosts as well, that time Dallas dried up, I could have had my pick really, story progression killed off quite a few townies but they all seem so run of the mill in ghost terms compared to Jon  ;D

Last generation coming up then epilogue tomorrow, I know it's been fast but it's all written and I've liked posting it a generation at a time.

Generation Seven: The Dehydrated Ghost Girl Part One

I was born a ghost, which when you think about it is a bit strange, alive yet dead at the same time.

At that point nobody knew if I was a mermaid or just an ordinary girl so my birthday was quite an occasion.

But It turned out that I didn't have scales after all, I was human like my mother yet ghostly like my father.

Everybody else in my family had played with the peg box and xylophone when they were small, but not me, instead Grandad William took me to the library and read me books about painting and writing.

As soon as my childhood birthday was over I decided what I wanted to be, an illustrious author.

My father didn't have a slice of birthday cake that day, instead he had some ambrosia.

His death had been an unfortunate accident which could have been prevented if somebody had thrown just a bucket of water on him, but at least now he had a second chance.

What he chose to do with it first was probably not the best decision he'd ever made.

It's my understanding that my father and Grandma Marissa were best friends before his death, maybe he thought he was just being friendly asking her to watch the stars with him but that's not how my mother saw it, needless to say they ended up falling out again, they do that a lot.

When things got a little rough between them I'd just hide out in my room and paint.

I had no idea where my Gran got all those fancy futuristic gadgets from but she gave me a windcarver for my birthday, it was the best present ever as it meant I could zoom to the bus in the mornings instead of being late for school because floating is so slow.

Dismounts took some practice though because it would just fold up underneath me and dump me on my behind.

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when I came home from school one day and found my father had moved out, I knew my parents were not getting along but I had hoped they could patch things up.

Mother said I wasn't to worry as they were not getting divorced they just needed some breathing space, she said their relationship had worked better before my father had been bound by the philosophers stone and that it wasn't that they didn't love each other but that they couldn't seem to live together happily. I think the constant scaring might have caused some of that.

Father moving out meant Grandad Dallas could come home again, which pleased Gran, and I'll admit the atmosphere in the house did improve with my father gone but I missed him.

Watching them together made me realise where my parents went wrong, Grandad Dallas did plenty of scaring too.

And then he always kissed it better, but with my parents mum would scare dad then dad would scare mum and so on until they were no longer really civil to each other.

School was not the best time for me really, I frightened everybody, we had a field trip and I ended up going alone, first the other kids refused to get on the bus then the lady who was taking us ran away when she saw me, still I had a nice time by myself.

At least the bus driver got used to me.

My last day of school arrived and things were getting a little panicky as although I was on the honor roll I still needed an opportunity,  I had only had the one ballet lesson as I missed the first then the field trip cancelled the third one, thankfully one lesson was enough to get me into the recital.

I could have had my birthday when I got home but I decided to wait till the next day as I wanted my dad to be there, so instead I asked Grandad William to read me a story like he had when I was little.

The following morning I rushed over to my father's new home down the road to ask him to come to my birthday party.

It meant a lot to have him there, afterwards he stayed for a while, playing the piano, he's returned to his old job now although not quite at the level he was at before he died, even if he still dresses like a lead guitarist.

I wish I knew what I looked like, I think I look a bit like both my parents, I have fathers jaw but mothers nose from what I can make out, but I can't be sure.

It was a nice birthday in the end, best part was seeing my parents getting along at last, perhaps mum was right and all they needed was a little space.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
A Step Back In Time ~ The Dehydrated Ghost Girl Part Two
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2014, 04:59:31 AM »
Generation Seven: The Dehydrated Ghost Girl Part Two

To a certain extent I have never felt the pressure of time running out for me, I have no need to rush to find a spouse of the right life state before they vanish or die, I only need to finish what is required of me. Even so getting out of school early was still very welcome so help with my grades was much appreciated.

Besides how could I find a spouse when most people that meet me either faint, retch or run away, sometimes they do all three although not necessarily in that order.

Prom came and went and was pretty uneventful, I can't say I was overly surprised that nobody asked me to dance, at least I got to dress up and get my picture taken.

I was on the honor roll and on course for my final promotion but I was still having trouble finding a romantic interest, and as much as it goes against her principles Gran agreed to help me, so I invited over Carey Keenan, one of the local babysitters I had met at school, his reaction was pretty much what I had come to expect from boys.

While it would have been nice to find somebody who liked me for who I really am I just couldn't see that happening, so a little love charm from Gran speeded things along.

It wasn't quite the first kiss a girl dreams off, particularly knowing he was bewitched but it meant I could leave high school a week early and that was well worth it.

It was quite an eventful day really, not only did I have my first kiss I became a niece, my grandparents had another little girl, a fairy named Latricia.

Friday arrived and with it my final promotion so the following morning I invited dad over.

As I blew out the candles I looked at my parents and made my wish, for them to finally be reconciled.

Judging by the fact my father was later wandering about the house in his undies I'm guessing it came true.

I enjoyed graduation, it was one of the few times the whole family were together, everybody works different shifts so although people try to be there for birthdays, recitals etc. it doesn't always work out.

I signed up as a self employed painter, I fully realised it might cause me issues in the long term due to opportunities but there wasn't much else, despite wishing to learn writing Journalism was out as my grandfather had mastered charisma already, Law Enforcement had the same problem because although I would have gone the DNA branch to make use of my painting skill I would still be given a police cruiser like Grandad William.

There is one advantage to choosing this career, being 'dead' my artwork is worth far more than a conventionally alive person's.

And I get to use my own drawings in my children's books. We can't have a decent computer in the house because of my grandfather and his wish to play chess all the time, I know it irks him as he is a computer whiz, it irked him even more when Gran gave me the holo computer to write on.

I wrote five children's books in the end, they did okay but none were best sellers, I was more interested in painting anyway than writing.

But as I'd feared the phone calls were not coming, so I did what my grandfather had done before me, I took up the laser rythym-a-con.

But now I had some serious decisions to make, my adult birthday was approaching and I was as good as done apart from a best friend two more challenges and three opportunities, should I spend hours upon hours writing mediocre books in order to finish the writing challenges or should I do something easier, I went for the easier option.

A quick zoom about town on my windcarver and I soon had ten different gems and four different metals.

A potion from Gran sorted the best friend out, Solomon Olivas a fairy became my new best buddy whether he wanted to be or not.

I just needed that last metal and after a few false starts, one of which included a turkey, Gran managed to convert an apple into a lump of compendium.

I sent my metals off to be smelted and cut my gems into heart shapes with the gem cutter.

I just thought it would be nice to place them with my paintings, certificate and ribbon reward. As you can see I was having a bit of a futuristic moment at one stage I even upgraded my phone to a holographic one.

So now it was pretty much a waiting game, I took up sculpting as something else to do and also maybe another string to my bow that might fire an opportunity. I was in the middle of sculpting something when my phone finally rang, they wanted me to play the laser rhythm-a-con at an award ceremony at the stadium.

A couple of days later my phone went again, a local man named Ryan Roy wanted a large painting, I didn't have any large ones to hand so I painted him a new one.

At first I thought my luck was changing and soon this would all be over, maybe I could even eat ambrosia like my father and finally be truly alive, but the phone stopped ringing once more and I began to despair, Grandad Dallas told me that sometimes City Hall buys batch lots of paintings so I made several in case they called, I also made some wooden statues as he said they sometimes need them at work but it seemed nobody cared for my art anymore.

My birthday arrived and I chose to ignore it, I had hoped that it wouldn't have to happen, that I would be finished in time to avoid it so I ended up having it alone and miserable.

I can't even clearly see my face but even so I could have sworn I was getting wrinkles, I became obsessed with them, so much so it was becoming unhealthy, that is when I decided to check myself in to the hospital and get some therapy for my mid life crisis, it was money well spent as it helped me get past this bad patch and start looking ahead once more.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
A Step Back In Time ~ The Dehydrated Ghost Girl Part Three
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2014, 05:05:31 AM »
Generation Seven: The Dehydrated Ghost Girl Part Three

When I started playing the laser rythym-a-con it was just a means to an end, I never dreamt I would fall in love with it quite so much.

I would spend hours playing it at the park or at home, one thing I loved was that when I played people seemed to forget they were watching a ghost and just got lost in the music instead. For me it was magical, no longer did people look at me and retch or faint, instead they smiled and tapped along to the music or danced. Now I understood why so many of my family loved to play music so much.

I had a couple more calls for award ceremonies but I needed something different, then I got a call asking me to learn a new composition, well okay but they didn't sell them in the bookstore, I didn't know where to get one from, truth be told I didn't even know where my instrument had come from in the first place.

By now I was an expert and I threw an impromptu concert at Four Bridges Park, my whole family came to watch me play as well as several townsfolk, It was thrilling, at first I didn't notice the blue man who had appeared behind me, Gran spotted him though.

When he first approached me I thought he was a ghost like myself, death by drowning maybe, but he wasn't dripping and was instead all stripey a little like my holo computer and phone, then he started speaking about some sort of legacy statue he wanted me to come and see, it was at this point I realised Gran was watching us.

As the crowd dispersed she came over, to my surprise she knew this man or at least the man on the other side of the holographic projection, his name was Emit Relevart and he was a time traveler from the future, at first she seemed a little confused by his attire but he said he was trying to blend in, not sure how he expected that to happen after all we don't get many holograms around here.

I can't claim to know what went on between these two but something obviously had, the conversation about whether I should be allowed to go to the future got quite heated at times, at one point I heard my grandmother say how the last time she had trusted him her whole world had shattered so why should she trust him this time.

But in the end common sense won over, this was the last thing we needed to complete our dynasty, if I rejected this chance how long before the next one? I could be an old lady by then, I didn't have the luxury of a longer life span, despite my outward appearance I was just a human being after all.

It was dark when we went out to the garden, the rest of the family were sleeping so nobody saw Gran cast her spell that revealed the hidden staircase, just how long had she been hiding this?

We descended the stairs into a small room, in the center was a four pronged object, Gran pressed her foot to a button in the middle and it burst into life, so this was the mysterious time portal, and I assume the way she acquired all our advanced tech, when I asked her about that she said she never went through herself, instead she summoned the time traveler and he brought them for her. She was afraid, I could sense it, so I gave her a big squeeze and assured her I would be okay, and I would be back before she knew it. I don't think it helped to be honest.

There was no point in delaying any longer so I stepped into the portal...........

............and emerged into the bright sunshine of Oasis Landing.

Moments later this blue haired man in a glowing suit arrived, it took me a second to realise this was Emit, in his usual attire I presume.

After a quick chat and a few directions from Emit I made my way to the legacy park to see my statue, well the hair was good but the clothes were all wrong, even so I felt quite honoured.

Now seemed like a good time to do what I came here for, on my way to the park I had stopped off at the bookstore to buy some new songs so I set up my instrument and proceeded to learn one of them.

And just like that our dynasty was finished.

But what of our legacy? Emit had told me we had some descendants living in town so I went to find them, my initial reaction on seeing Misti Riddle was I must have the wrong house, she bore no family resemblance whatsoever.

Then when I saw the teenager Joanne Riddle I felt even more disappointed, clearly these people were the dreaded clones Gran had fought so hard to keep out of our bloodline, why then had this happened?

But then I spotted the teenage boy Kraig, and he wasn't a Riddle, he was a Shallow, without any doubt he was one of my descendants, age him up and put a beard on him and a ponytail and you could pass him off as my father easily.

I don't really know if the Riddle's and Shallow's are related to each other in some way or just living in the same house, it was obvious the teens don't get on.

There was one person missing though, Whitney Shallow wasn't home but I found her at the legacy park, I looked at her face and thought is that what I look like? in profile we look very similar, same flattish nose from mother, same strong jawline from father, I had no doubt that Whitney and Kraig were our descendants, the Riddle's though were quite frankly a riddle.

I wish Megan could have come with me, she would have been in her element with all these bots about, I wonder why Gran never told her about it, I guess she had her reasons but maybe if Megan could have fulfilled her bot building dreams she might not have gone off the rails quite so much.

I enjoyed my day in Oasis Landing, it was certainly different, I even treated myself to a new outfit, the sleeves are maybe a little overly puffy but it's the fashion in the future apparently.

Back at base camp I said my farewells to Emit then changed back into my more normal clothes.

I could have stayed longer if I wanted but I had done what I came to do so early hours of the following morning I returned to the time portal ready for the journey back home.

I arrived right back where I had started albeit a few seconds later, Gran hadn't even left the room yet.

She was so relieved to see me she almost crushed my ribs she hugged me so hard, but as fun as the future had been there really is no place like home and I was glad to be back with my family.

So that was it our dynasty was complete and now we could do as we wanted, after the family portrait of course, but as soon as that is over I think I'm going to sit down to a nice plate of ambrosia washed down with a bottle of fountain of youth.

Generation Seven Stats:

Name: Dawn Shallow
Life state: Death by Dehydration Ghost
Traits: Artistic, Athletic, Rebellious, Excitable, Clumsy
Toddler: Best Friends, Painting Books, Writing Books
Child: Ballet Recital, Honor roll
Teen: Honor Roll, Carey Keenan , Lvl 3 cemetery
One Best Friend: Solomon Olivas (Fairy)
Two Career Rewards: Painting Certificate, Artist's Painted Ribbon (Painting Career)
Three Ops: Award Ceremony, A Large Painting, Expand your Chromatic Catalogue
Four LTRs: Extra Creative, Acclaimed Author, Artisan Crafter, Future Sim
Five Wishes: Master Painting Skill, Reach Level 10 of Painter Career, Paint something worth 3,500 Simoleons, Paint something worth 4,000 Simoleons, Paint 10 Masterpieces
Six Skill Challenges: Proficient Painter, Brushmaster,Master Painter, Specialist Writer, Gem Collector, Metal Collector
Seven Items: Paintings
Travel Days Used: Two (Oasis Landing)

Shallow Life States Dynasty

Front Row:  Tracey the Witch (Gen 1), Marissa the Mermaid (Gen 2), Dawn the Dehydration Ghost (Gen 7)
Back Row: William the Werewolf (Gen 3), Vanessa the Vampire (Gen 4), Hayley the Human (Gen 6) Freddie the Fairy (Gen 5)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: A Step Back In Time ~ Life States Dynasty (Gen 7)
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 11:25:06 AM »
Congratulations on completing your dynasty! Another successful Shallow family  ;D I loved the family photo at the end. Their poses were great and seemed to match their personalities too.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 05:22:17 PM »
Thank you Malley  :D

That picture was almost more work than the entire dynasty, game crashed about four times, finally got three of them in position and it froze up, thankfully after a few minutes it worked again.

It wasn't the posing that bothered me so much as sorting William out, his werewolf form got messed up as they tend to do so he looked different every time he changed, I didn't want to have to keep fixing him over and over. in the end I loaded a save from just after he became a young adult and saved him to the bin, proper werewolf form intact then swapped him over, that's mostly why there are no werewolf pictures of him, I don't really like the werewolf faces anyway, they look more like werepigs to me  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2014, 06:25:13 PM »
Well, who knows whow the future Shallows chose? Sims are far less adept at avoiding falling for clone-face sims than we are. ::)

Sorry to hear that the final picture was so much trouble to shoot, but it looks great anyways.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
A Step Back In Time ~ Epilogue
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2014, 04:51:58 AM »
I find descendants very hit and miss regarding looks, all those named Shallow though looked like family which was nice as they could all have looked like clones.

Found a great one when I went back again too  ;D

As for the picture If I'd had any sense I'd have copied my house to the library and put them in a fresh town to do it, instead of using my post dynasty town which was already getting a bit crashy, but apparently I don't have any  :P

Epilogue: A Look to the Future

To say I was relieved by Dawn's return was an understatement, any fears that I would once more lose my family or at the very least Dawn were finally laid to rest. After the obligatory family portrait I headed to the kitchen to make her some ambrosia.

It was wonderful to finally see what she truly looked like and at least now she could live her life without scaring people all the time.

I had been lucky in the fact my separation from Dallas had been brief, but for some of the others it had been a long time, It's strange to think that there was a time when Billy didn't really seem to care for Marissa yet despite how long they had lived apart and knowing his nature he had not cheated on her once. I consider that a bit of a miracle actually, but it's nice that he remained true to her. Perhaps there is hope for them after all.

Don has been eternally faithful as well, it would seem Vanessa truly did tame this heartbreaker, she was his first girlfriend and looks like she will be his only one too.

Vanessa wasn't the only one to move out to be with her spouse, William wasted no time moving in with Meadow, at least now he will get to spend more time with his son and I think he missed his brother a lot, they were always so close.

Freddie moved in next door with Anita and Latricia who other than her eye colour is the spitting image of her mother just like Hayley.

As for Hayley and Jon well they are having a trial 'living together' instead of a trial separation, if it doesn't work out there will always be a place for her here or next door with her parents.,

While it was nice to see the family all happy and settled there was one thing that was still bothering me and had been from the very start near enough, it was time to bring the black sheep of the family home and find out just what that girl had been up to.

Ever since that episode with Billy I had worried about Megan, but then she met George and I thought just maybe things might be okay, I couldn't have been more wrong. She ripped apart that household, breaking up not only her own marriage but her grandparents and her aunts relationships as well, and she didn't stop there, I lost count of how many times I witnessed a betrayal in this town, each and every one caused by my daughter.

Can you imagine how it feels to know that people around town consider her to be a slimeball, yes that's right her reputation truly is that bad, in the time she has been gone from this house she has had fifteen relationships including her short lived marriage and her long term one with Travis, how many times she cheated on that poor guy I have no idea.

I can't change Megan's past but at least I can do something about her future it was time to wipe the slate clean and start over, hopefully this time with better results.

I felt sure any forgiveness from Travis would take some time but apparently not, just what is it with my daughters and inappropriate werewolves?

My family had dispersed but they were never far away and now there was nothing stopping them from chasing their dreams, namely their nagging grandmother, I'm sure there is exercising, and chess and all sorts going on now I am no longer stopping them.

And I figured it was probably about time I introduced my daughter to an old friend.

After what happened last time I never dreamed I would find myself once more In Oasis Landing, the things you do for your kids!

But this time it was different, this time I wasn't alone.

In fact it was a family outing.

And it was so worth it just to see the joy on Megan's face when she met her first Plumbot.

Since Dawn's previous visit some more descendants had appeared out of the woodwork, one was weirdly called June Shallow, although she looked nothing like her namesake, instead she looked like she could have been Billy and Marissa's daughter, she was also a werewolf. In fact Emit had discovered four witches another human and two werewolves including June. It seems our descendants had been busy.

But we couldn't stay in the future forever, we had family back in Riverview to get back to, and this time with no paradoxical hiccups I hope.

Although sometimes being able to go back in time doesn't seem so bad, for many generations I tried my best to keep the original town alive, did I succeed? to be honest I'm not really sure, many died of old age which was okay, it's the natural order of things, a few moved away which upset me, the worst of those being Betty Simovitch, after she became a fairy I had hoped she would join our family but one day she was just gone.

Sometimes things seemed to be going well with the other residents and it left them alone but it was just lulling me into a false sense of security, like when Sherman and Ruby got married then a day later Ruby starved to death.

Some made it through to the end and managed to evade story progressions clutches though, Dimitri, Travis, Hal, Sherman and Laurel, just a shame it was so few. But it does no good to dwell too much on the past, now is the time to be looking to the future and celebrating what we have.

And if I do ever feel a little nostalgic for my old friends, well they are only a spell or two away.

We don't get second chances very often, but if there's one thing I have learned it's that if you do be sure to make the most of it.

That's it, thank you for reading  :D

When I started this I knew full well that Dallas would be trouble, he's a bit of a sod around supernaturals it really brings out his evil side, but he turned out to not be too bad, probably because he got a good sense of humour when he aged up so a silly face or joke was more likely than an insult.

Tracey who normally wont say boo to a goose was awful with Vanessa, I'm not overly pleased with whoever decided 'accuse of being a vampire' should be a special hopeless romantic social  >:( Vanessa spent a lot of time in stasis after she finished all her requirements just to keep her away from Tracey and Marissa, her brave trait made her keep doing it, they just never stopped picking on the poor girl, drove me nuts. If she needed to be out then those two got stuck away instead, those hibernation chambers saved my sanity a lot throughout this dynasty, so glad they are allowed.

I laughed when I saw Megan's reputation, I didn't even realise there was a slimeball rep, I'm guessing that's as low as you can get. Despite everything though Travis still kissed her of his own free will, inappropriate trait strikes again, that wasn't at all the screenshot I was after but who cares, he obviously didn't  ;D

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: A Step Back In Time ~ Life States Dynasty (Complete)
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2014, 10:02:28 AM »
Again, congrats! I enjoyed the epilogue. It was really nice to see what Dawn really looked like. That's interesting that Tracey and Marissa were so terrible to Vanessa. I guess I'm just used to seeing Tracey as being the warm and fuzzy grandma type! And why that interaction would be a hopeless romantic option is beyond me...regardless, I am looking forward to your next Shallow story :)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2014, 12:46:49 AM »
Sorry for letting this fall through the cracks, but I'm moving this to the Completed Dynasties board. :)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2014, 06:18:57 AM »
Hi Turoskel!

I read your immortal dynasty first, will comment there soon, I've really enjoyed this dynasty. I've never played in Riverview so it's refreshing to see new sims. I absolutely love the Lost Girl and how you incorporated her into the story.
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2014, 12:37:04 PM »
Your final photo of the seven was messed up and half of it was askew with the other half. I don't blame you - the forum gallery must be bugged to display screenshots with split shots. :(

Still, congrats on having a second Dynasty with your Simself and your true luv Dallas Shallow. I don't like the Shallows but you made them work. I plan on trying a Dynasty eventually but with Sims 4 coming out in a week, I don't know if anyone cares about Sims 3.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2014, 05:03:47 AM »
Brooke, thank you, glad you enjoyed them both  :)

EtnaFan, it's displaying fine to me so must have been a glitch, Hah my true luv is so not Dallas, I think my boyfriend might object to that  ;D But for a pixel person he's fun to play, I can understand people not liking that family they don't exactly have the best traits in the world, I quite enjoy the fact they aren't perfect though.

I think there will still be people interested in dynasties, not everybody will move on to sims 4 straight away, if at all, I certainly have no plans to get it at the moment.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2014, 11:35:53 AM »
Yeah, I think my computer has issues with pictures on the Internet as it tends to display a lot of pictures with corrupted data.  >:(

Sorry, I meant your avatar's luv, I didn't imply anything.  ;)

Sadly, I can't play Sims 3 anymore due to my computer crashing the update when I try to reinstall, but I do like reading stories like this. I hope the Sims 4 has more such stories.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

anything