Author Topic: Goblin King Dynasty - Jareth Strikes Back  (Read 94511 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: Goblin King Dynasty - A Goblin Babe
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2013, 05:03:56 AM »
Little Erik looks a lot like his dad.  (That is, he looks a lot like the person I think is his dad...)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2013, 06:23:47 AM »
As soon as I saw the title I screamed with joy, though it had to be a mental scream as I didn't want to wake the whole house up ^.~

The baby suit, I love it so much! I laughed through every page and hope to continue with future posts <3
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2013, 05:16:25 PM »
OMG is it the guy who I think it is??!!

Seriously? What kind of taste does she had? (desperate and shivers to think how many generations will that nose last)
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
GKD-Recap, Flashback, Jareth's Left Alone...
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2013, 04:24:43 AM »
Sorry for the long delay, life kinda got in my way!  So, without too much fanfare, let the games continue!

And yes, Erik does look like his dad... ;D

Chapter Thirteen - Recap, Flashback, Jareth's Left Alone...

Erik, the baby Opera Ghost, was not sure of how he should feel.  One the one hand, his face was whole and he didn't need the mask anymore.  On the other hand, he was a dead ringer for his father.

He might need to start wearing the mask again once he started school.

"Nonsense!" Jareth told him.  "You look a proper goblin boy, Erik!"

"How exactly did this happen?" Erik asked.  "Gytha is drop dead gorgeous."

"It was obvious that Arlo was the only real choice for her," Jareth told him, ruffling his hair.  "I had a talk with him long ago about it.  He's not just another pretty face, you know.  He has a grasp of politics and state affairs that would astound you!"

"So we agreed," Arlo put in, "that when my part in this is done, I'm going to work as Chancellor in the Goblin Kingdom."

"After we'd reached an accord, it was simply a matter of urging another young man on Gytha."  Jareth added, flicking imaginary dust from his sleeve.

"She always acts contrary to what I wish.  I knew exactly what she would do."

"Except that's not what happened, Jareth."  Gytha said, "I saw through your game the minute you started running it.  It was this way, love," she explained to Erik.  "Your Dad's a hopeless romantic and the best kisser in the world."

"Ew!" Erik said.  "Do I really need to hear this?"

"Well, with one thing and other, then, I moved him right in, and before I knew it, he was proposing."

"It was the most romantic thing ever," Gytha sighed.  "How could I say no?  You'll understand when your turn rolls around."

Erik squirmed onto the floor and headed for the nursery.  He found his special friend waiting for him there.

"Tia?" he called.  "I need a change here."

"What's wrong, Erik?  Are you not happy with Snuggles?"

"This" he said disdainfully, "is not Snuggles.  Her name is Mag.  Blind Mag.  Can you change it?"

"Oooh-kay," Tia said, renaming the doll.  "Does this mean what I think it does?"

The toddler nodded.  "I'm not leaving something like this up to King Glitterpants and his twisted sense of humour.  And you know as well as I do that Gytha will just cheer him on."

"Gotcha.  I'll get Arlo right on things, then."

Agnes turned 90.  She went on with her daily routine, working in the garden, cooking, taking long bubble baths.  And spending as much time with Erik as she could.  He loved it.

But the next night, well, Agnes got the visit.

"Agnes Crumplebottom-Darling-King?  The arrangements have all been made."  Grim told her.  "You don't look sad to go."

"I'm surprised you're here so quickly," she told him. 

"You are over 90."  The Reaper shrugged.  "The Goblin was very insistent that we not keep you hanging around.  Are you ready?"

"I am."  She looked over at Jareth and Gytha, Arlo sobbing into his hands, Erik looking grave.

"Thank you for this, Jareth," she said softly.  "You look after each other.  I hope you win your Sarah."

"Thank you, Mrs Darling.  I wish you all the best in your new life."  He nodded at the Reaper, who nodded back and disappeared with Agnes.

"Right, then, everyone, go get ready." Gytha said, calmly, but with new pain in her eyes.

"Where are we going?" Arlo sobbed.

"Just a quick trip.  There's something I need to see done."  Gytha told him, taking his hand.  "You'll feel better afterwards."
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Goblin King Dynasty - Recap, Flashback, Jareth's Left Alone
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2013, 12:56:06 PM »
Welcome back Tia!  I hope things have calmed down for you sufficiently ^^  It's great to have ya back ^^

Offline Trident

• Occult
Re: Goblin King Dynasty - Recap, Flashback, Jareth's Left Alone
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2013, 03:32:52 PM »
Awww....it's sad that Agnes had to die to get reward. But, thems the breaks.
I love how Jareth courted her instead of the, 'hi, kiss, ring, sculptures, try for baby' approach.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Goblin King Dynasty - Just a Jump to the Left...
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2013, 11:33:41 PM »
Welcome back!
Welcome back Tia!  I hope things have calmed down for you sufficiently ^^  It's great to have ya back ^^

Thanks!  I've missed this story.

Awww....it's sad that Agnes had to die to get reward. But, thems the breaks.
I love how Jareth courted her instead of the, 'hi, kiss, ring, sculptures, try for baby' approach.

Thank you, Trident!  I wanted to do a different kind of Agnes.  ;)

Chapter Fourteen - Just a Jump to the Left...

"I really didn't think we'd get away with this," Arlo said to Jareth.  The Goblin King shrugged as Gytha shushed them.  She'd been on the phone since they'd arrived.

"Alright, then, Sarah," Gytha was saying.  "Give my best to Chris.  Yes, we'll take lots of pictures.  Bye for now."   She hung up.

"Technically, we're not breaking the rules.  Just bending them a bit.  We're not here as playable characters, just observers.  We'll mingle in with the other guests, she won't know us, and there's always such a crowd at these affairs, everyone will think we belong to someone else."  Jareth said.  "Let's get ourselves to the venue, we've only got a short time here."

Maywood Glen was decorated beautifully, and people were already beginning to arrive.  Jareth gave a small, pleased smile when he noticed his gift displayed prominently.  Gytha noticed and chuckled.

"Be a good marriage," she told him.  "I slipped a cookery book in with the other things."

"The secret recipes?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.  "Erik won't know what's hit him."

"Um, guys?" Arlo whispered.

"Excuse me, I don't think I know you," the bride said, coming up to them with the flush of excitement on her face.  "Are you related to Erik?"

"Actually, there's a very distant connection between your family and ours, Miss Crumplebottom."  Jareth said, taking her hand and kissing it gallantly. 

Agnes looked closely at Arlo.  "I didn't know we were related to the Bunch family," she said, smiling up at him, wanting to share her happiness this day with the world.

"Oh, yes, you see, your grandmother's second cousin twice removed's sister's son's nephew's twin girls married into the Bunch family.  A set of twin boys, as luck would have it." Arlo said quickly.

"Back in the mountains, where we're from," Gytha added helpfully.

"As I said, a very distant connection.  Please accept our wishes for the most happiest of lives with your intended, Miss Crumplebottom."

Music began to play and Arlo teared up at the strains of Christina Perri's Thousand Years wafted over them.

"That's my cue," Agnes said, bending down to tickle baby Erik quickly.  "You all seem so familiar to me, somehow.  I hope we'll be able to have a good chat after the ceremony."

"We may have to leave early, love." Gytha told her.  "Unavoidable things and all that.  But all the best to you and your young man."  She hugged Agnes fiercely, and picked up Erik, holding him out to be kissed.

"Until the next time then," Agnes said.  "But I do hope you'll be able to stay."

"Congratulations, my dear, I'm sure you'll be very happy," Arlo choked out, wiping away tears.

Agnes gave them a puzzled smile and ran back to the arch where the guests were starting to gather.

"That was a close one," Gytha said, handing Arlo a handkerchief.

"Do try to pull yourself together, Arlo," Jareth whispered, carrying Erik back over to them.  The toddler had escaped and was pulling at the hem of his grandmother Bunch's trousers when the Goblin King had caught him.  He grinned up at his parents mischievously.

"None of your sass, now, Opera Ghost," Gytha scolded, taking him from Jareth.  "And Jareth, you let Our Arlo be.   Its a very special day for Our Agnes, she worked long and hard to get here.  You'd better start taking pictures for Sarah and Christine.  Yes," she sighed to herself,

"It's not every day Agnes' dreams come true."

..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Trident

• Occult
Re: Goblin King Dynasty - Just a Jump to the Left...
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2013, 05:38:50 PM »
Awwww!!!! Finally, after thousands of dynastys, Agnes gets a happy ending.  :'( ;D

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2013, 08:22:51 PM »
Truly, Agnes has finally gotten what she deserves after all this time!  Awesome Tia!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2013, 09:48:38 AM »
Yay, you're back. I didn't comment before but I love Labyrinth (watched it again recently ^_^) and I'm over the moon that Agnes gets a happy ending for once =]

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Goblin King Dynasty - Everybody's Changing
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2013, 09:25:09 PM »
...and a step to the right?

Sing it with me, Sister!

That was a lovely wedding  :'( :).
Awwww!!!! Finally, after thousands of dynastys, Agnes gets a happy ending.  :'( ;D
Truly, Agnes has finally gotten what she deserves after all this time!  Awesome Tia!
Yay, you're back. I didn't comment before but I love Labyrinth (watched it again recently ^_^) and I'm over the moon that Agnes gets a happy ending for once =]

Thanks, gang!  I was impressed that Agnes singlehandedly set up the Ambrosia for pretty much the whole dynasty.  What a woman!  And let's face it, we all love our Aggie!

Chapter Fifteen - Everybody's changing

It wasn't that the house was too quiet after Agnes' passing.  It was as loud as a house with an opinionated Goblin King, a ticked off Opera Ghost, a gregarious witch throwing potions willy nilly and an Arlo could be.  It was more subtle, the lack of a perfume, the unconscious waiting for a laugh that didn't come.  But the dynasty trundled on as best it could.

"Make sure you get my good side, Jareth," Erik told him.

"Oh, wait, I don't have one!" Erik muttered to Mag.

"You take yourself much to seriously, Erik."  Jareth replied.  "Once you're big enough to reach the piano keys, you'll forget all about this."

"Oh, no, I won't, will I, Mag," Erik said.

"You're a handsome enough lad," Gytha told him, as she rocked him to sleep the night before his birthday.  "Worrying it to death won't help anyone.  Do you want Our Arlo to start thinking there's something wrong with the way he looks?"

"Wait, what?" Erik said sleepily.  "I think the world of Arlo, he knows that."

"Then stop your fussing, my lad."

Gytha popped in to wish Erik a happy birthday before she left for work.   Jareth and Arlo celebrated with him, and Erik made a mad dash for the mirror.

"Cute as a button," Gytha told him when she got in that night.  She threw potions at Arlo and Jareth before settling in her rocker to read her cookbook again.  Erik got into bed and slept soundly until dawn, when he set his plan in motion.

Mag was happy to be animated and after scolding Erik for taking his temper out on her by bashing her when she'd been in doll form...

"I couldn't help it," Erik told her.  "I never wanted to, I just wanted to sing, but somehow ended up chewing your ear or smashing you on the floor.  It wasn't me, I promise you."

"Just see that it doesn't happen again," Mag said.  "Because I will wipe the floor with you."

Erik quickly changed the topic to music and spent most of the day chatting with Mag.  He didn't even bother to get out of his pjs.

Jareth came looking for him.

"Erik?  Why are you pillow fighting with yourself?  How does that work?"

But by the end of the day, Erik and Mag were ready.

"Whoa!" Tia yelled.  "I've never seen this before!  It's awesome!"

"And you've got a hat!  Oh, you're too cute for words!"

"Please, Tia, contain yourself," Mag said.  Then she grinned at Erik.  "Let's go see the Goblin King."

"Jareth, it was the strangest thing, on the way home I had this urge to stop and buy bunkbeds.  Do you know what that's about?"

"Mind Peggy the Dark, Gytha.  That makes three goblins that have found me so far."

"Them's gnomes, Jareth, garden gnomes."

"When we get to five, I'm going to order the minion to build a throne room."

"Bunkbeds?" she asked.

"Right, that.  Our precocious Phantom has taken matters into his own little hands.  He got a call through to Sarah, while he was still toddling about in nappies, I might add."

"How?" she asked. 

"Arlo.  It seems that he will do anything the pint sized menace suggests.  As I mentioned, he got Sarah on the phone, and told her in no uncertain terms that he would not marry anything I brought home."  He shrugged.  "Sarah has allowed him to choose his own spouse."

"And he's found her already?" Gytha asked, grinning.

"This is where it gets diabolical.  That little rag doll he was always drooling on?  He had Arlo mix up some concoction to bring it to life.  And not just any old life, no, he's brought Miss Magdalen over."

"What?  Blind Mag?"  Gytha's grin got even wider.

"In the flesh, so to speak.  Since she's not blind, we're just calling her Mag."

"She's a lovely girl, Jareth.  And that's one less sucker you have to find," she pointed out.

"Nicely put, Gytha.  And thus, the bunkbeds.  She's in the nursery if you want to say hello."

"It's good to see you again, Mag," Gytha told her.

"You're looking well, Mrs Ogg," Mag replied.  "Younger than I thought you were, though."

Gytha shrugged.  "It'll wear off soon enough.  And call me Gytha.  Are you settling in alright?  Anything you need?"

"Arlo and the Goblin King have been most accommodating." Mag said.  "Arlo has given me my lessons for school today so I will be ready to start Monday with a good grade.  And yet, I have this longing to set a booby trap for the Goblin King in the shower."

"Ah, you've picked up the rebellious trait, then," Gytha nodded.  "Best to just go with it, my girl.  It'll make you happier and give us all a few good laughs."

"I'll have to wait until the one Erik has set has detonated, then," Mag said.  "Do you care for Karaoke, Gytha?"
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2013, 10:04:13 PM »
I have been reading but not commenting until now. It’s been awhile isn’t it? Congrats on being HOF for your first Dynasty. I hope that you would reach HOF too for the second attempts. I'm happy that you consider Agnes to be reunited with the only true love for her (for me) and you did a good job for Arlo. They’re deserved a good life from a good author, and I’m glad you chose to be that good one :)

I want to comment from the start, but I just don’t have energy for that now ;D

Good luck, from today I’ll be your frequent stalker visitor, Tiamet ;)

~ Eld
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2013, 03:50:30 AM »
Erik isn't looking so bad and Mag is a cutie.

anything