Author Topic: Store World - Midnight Hollow  (Read 63979 times)

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
Re: New Store World - Midnight Hollow
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2013, 05:20:28 PM »
I purchased simpoints & downloaded it all very quickly. Very impressed.

I haven't seen much of the town yet. I've set up a household of supernaturals as I thought they might fit in well in this town. So set up household & house. Looking forward to exploring the town tomorrow.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2013, 05:32:35 PM »
I had to do a reinstall today.  Apparently people who downloaded the game in the first several hours after it came out may have a bug where the game is FAR too dark to play.  There's a thread on the official forum about it, but after a redownload, all looks well

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2013, 11:46:33 PM »
Hubby and I downloaded and installed the town last night without to much fuss. Loaded it up this evening and found it to be quite dark. We could hardly see inside the houses.

We're in the process of uninstalling it, re-downloading and reinstalling it to see if that helps.

*Edit*

Yep, that helped a lot!!  It looks like a completely different town. Still kind of dark, but not nearly as much as it was. It was pitch black even if you used the day to night button.

Thanks for the tip, Tilia!! :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2013, 03:51:56 AM »
I had to do a reinstall today.  Apparently people who downloaded the game in the first several hours after it came out may have a bug where the game is FAR too dark to play.  There's a thread on the official forum about it, but after a redownload, all looks well

Hi Tilia thanks for that info, do you know where the official forum is to have a look? My game was really dark & I could hardly see inside the house but I lightened the decoration which helped a bit but now thinking maybe I need to reinstall.

Many thanks

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2013, 04:15:58 AM »
I can see a discernible difference between day and night but now I'm feeling paranoid that maybe mine is darker than it's meant to be. By any chance to you have before and after pictures, anyone?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2013, 07:08:07 AM »
I have a couple of pictures.  These were taken around 1pm.  I love the shadows and the houses are somewhat darker, but personally, I always had well lit homes in my games, so I think this is something you have to get use to.  I really like it.

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2013, 09:28:07 AM »
Oh my goodness, I want this so bad! I'm considering the Gold but the toy store isn't really screaming out to me, despite me being a very childish person. Does anyone have the Gold version? Is it worth it? I'm so undecided  :-\
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2013, 09:33:44 AM »
I have the gold version.  I kind of like the toy maker.  You can play with the toys and I like the kite they make.  It is really a matter of preference.  If you are not that crazy about the toy store, then just buy the regular addition.  I love my sims making toys, so this was right up my alley. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2013, 09:42:34 AM »
I gave in and just bought the Gold version. I thought it would be fun to make a Santa's workshop or something. And with the leftover points, I can go on a store spree  :D
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2013, 09:53:37 AM »
Here you go:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/715802.page

The thread includes some before and after shots.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2013, 12:21:11 PM »
Okay--I went through the whole thread, and while I saw plenty of screenshots, I was hoping for specifically one of someone saying this was their too-dark game and here it is brighter after a reinstall. So I can see if my game is the darker version and if it would be better to reinstall Midnight Hollow.

By samoht04

Offline mandamouse123

• Llama Wrangler
  • I, too, shall look at the stars.
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2013, 02:04:42 PM »
Has anyone found out what's "weird" about the Doe family yet?  I can't figure it out!  There aren't any spaces where it looks like a staircase could have been for the basement mentioned in the bio.  My best guess is that it has to do with the Mom being pregnant.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2013, 02:23:18 PM »
Has anyone found out what's "weird" about the Doe family yet?  I can't figure it out!  There aren't any spaces where it looks like a staircase could have been for the basement mentioned in the bio.  My best guess is that it has to do with the Mom being pregnant.
No one's found anything weird about them besides for their name (in the US, John and Jane Doe is what you call an person without an ID, whether he be dead of alive) and the family bio.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2013, 02:32:13 PM »
I thought for sure they would be insane or something but they're not! I don't get it! The only thing I noticed is that the kids are the same ages but opposite sex of the Baudelaire expies, and the oldest boy is RI with the oldest girl of that family. But nothing weird about them at all. ???

By samoht04

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2013, 02:36:25 PM »
I thought for sure they would be insane or something but they're not! I don't get it! The only thing I noticed is that the kids are the same ages but opposite sex of the Baudelaire expies, and the oldest boy is RI with the oldest girl of that family. But nothing weird about them at all. ???
Then you know what? The weird thing about them is that there's nothing weird that we can find about them.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

anything