Author Topic: Moving towns - losing paintings, photos, etc.  (Read 5453 times)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
Moving towns - losing paintings, photos, etc.
« on: November 02, 2013, 12:06:32 PM »
I know this was a glitch long ago (I found posts from 2010), but I've never moved towns before so I never experienced it but I moved my family today, including their house from Sunset Valley to Riverview and my family lost all paintings on the walls, all photos from photobooths and all the food in the Reward Fridge (from the master chef LTW) all spoilt.  Is there a fix to this?  I'm updated to the recent patch, my computer/graphics is more than capable and i have no CC.  (I do play with N'Raas mods however, but since non-mod users experienced this then I suspect it has nothing to do with it)

help!

:(

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: moving towns - losing paintings, photos, etc.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 07:15:01 PM »
I have this problem too. Very annoying. I moved my whole neighbourhood. However with the latest family I've looked into, some of their photos are gone, but some aren't gone! I have no idea why the ones in the teenager's room are fine. Weird.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 10:45:17 PM »
Hi Cndneh,

I haven't used the move town option. However, I've learned if you want to keep paintings, photos and such. You'll want to put them in the Sims' personal inventory or family's inventory. Regardless of if you're moving the family across town, to a different town or saving as a backup - "Sharing" them.

You might try going back to a previously saved game, and place the paintings and such into the family's inventory and try the move town option that way?  Might be worth a try.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Moving towns - losing paintings, photos, etc.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 12:48:24 AM »
I know this was a glitch long ago (I found posts from 2010), but I've never moved towns before so I never experienced it but I moved my family today, including their house from Sunset Valley to Riverview and my family lost all paintings on the walls, all photos from photobooths and all the food in the Reward Fridge (from the master chef LTW) all spoilt.  Is there a fix to this?  I'm updated to the recent patch, my computer/graphics is more than capable and i have no CC.  (I do play with N'Raas mods however, but since non-mod users experienced this then I suspect it has nothing to do with it.)

Help!

:(
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
Re: Moving towns - losing paintings, photos, etc.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 12:03:44 AM »
thanks everyone for your help!

Pam your message only came up as a copy of mine and nothing more?

:)

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 09:42:27 PM »
Hi Cndneh,
Losing things when moving has happened to me also, after reading this quote I remembered and wanted to share with you my experience...

I haven't used the move town option. However, I've learned if you want to keep paintings, photos and such. You'll want to put them in the Sims' personal inventory or family's inventory. Regardless of if you're moving the family across town, to a different town or saving as a backup - "Sharing" them.

MrsFlynn

After it happened I felt so silly.. LOL, but this is what I did: I put all of my favorite belongings in the family's inventory to get them ready to move to another town; also because my Sim was exploding everything and I didn't want some things to get ruined. Always when Sims are ready to move you may choose to pack things or sell them, I chose pack, when I got to the other town only the things I had NOT put in the family's inventory were there…  I don't know if this always happens but just so you know.
ˇPura vida!