Author Topic: Imported Terrain Bug, With a Twist!  (Read 3321 times)

Offline supashaza

• Nooboo
Imported Terrain Bug, With a Twist!
« on: January 15, 2014, 11:36:30 PM »
Hello all, first time posting here but long time lurker (I've had bugs galore and often find solutions here).

In trying to move my Sim's mansion (which had grown too large to stay on its current property) to a larger property, I ran headlong into the apparently notorious imported terrain bug (the house is up on a tiny 1-2 block high hill).

Now I've seen the usual suggested solution to this problem: SetImportedTerrainOffset (value). The problem is.. I tried that and nothing happened. Put in the code (setimportedterrainoffset -1), and this building (along with all others) still have their wonky terrain imported with them. Tried positives and negatives of huge amounts, tried enabling testing cheats, tried setting the value when creating the lot, before selecting the building, before placing the building.. nada.

Is there some common sense thing that I might be missing, some technique for implementing the code or something?

~Shaza!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Imported Terrain Bug, With a Twist!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 02:49:14 AM »
Hi Shaza,

I happen to be looking for a fix for another problem and came across this link that might help you with your terrain problem.

Imported house raises/lowers the terrain
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/bug-imported-house-raiseslowers-the-terrain.html

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline supashaza

• Nooboo
Re: Imported Terrain Bug, With a Twist!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 02:48:40 PM »
Unfortunately the fix they suggest there is exactly the one I'm having trouble implementing.

For some reason, the SetImportedTerrainOffset cheat doesn't work for me.

Update: Found a fix! ConstrainFloorElevation false cheat, followed by a flattening of the terrain, followed by sledgehammering all objects in the house, then hitting undo on that sledgehamering. After flattening, the walls and such will all be fixed, but all the objects, including windows, doors and roof, will be floating where they were before. Side note: This doesn't seem to effect a basement; if you've got a basement, best to delete it before trying any of this.