Author Topic: Sims Disappearing (within the first week!)  (Read 2465 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Sims Disappearing (within the first week!)
« on: February 26, 2014, 12:47:21 PM »
Ok, hi there all! I'm usually pretty adept at handling my own bugs but this one is just getting absolutely out of hand. I've been playing a file in Barnacle Bay except the problem is... my Sim's friends/family are disappearing off the face of the Sim-Earth.
It was week 1 day 1, I had my Sim meet a nice guy. They went on a date and eventually went steady. I exited the file watching them both standing on the beach as the sun set.
I went to open the file the next day and he was gone. Just completely gone. His Sim body was gone (then my Sim reset back home) and his house was empty, he disappeared from EVERYONE'S relationship panel. I don't want to give anything away, obviously this is my Legacy though, so I simply shrugged at this point and said "ok, whatever." I started a brand new game a speed-played up the point where I was (it was just day one, after all) while moving in this romantic interest I wanted so I didn't have to worry about him disappearing again. Now on day 3 in the town, my main Sim's brother (whom she interacts with frequently) disappeared completely as well.
I was just gazing at her Relationship Panel and saw her mom and the family friends, the dog and suddenly, no brother. That alarmed me. On this new game file, he suddenly vanished. His house now belonged to someone else, and when I pulled up the family tree his picture was blank. What in the world is going on here?
Please help, I can't stand all these Sims disappearing.
I'll take any suggestions at this moment. I've already tried resetting the Sim, but I'm unsure if he actually has a place to be reset to anymore now that his house is owned by another family (which he is not a part of) and he most certainly didn't move!

Offline sammymcgoff

• Budding linguist
  • Townie
  • Rwy'n byth ifanc
Re: Sims Disappearing (within the first week!)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 04:34:29 PM »
EA's Story Progression tends to move Sims out of town if it's deemed to be "too full". It's always the inactive households it happens to, although I've never known it to happen to households your Sims know, unless your Sims practically know the entire town.
The Twinbrook Genetic Challenge

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 04:59:02 PM »
EA's Story Progression tends to move Sims out of town if it's deemed to be "too full". It's always the inactive households it happens to, although I've never known it to happen to households your Sims know, unless your Sims practically know the entire town.
I would say it's quite the opposite. In my Legacy I had a structure of mother, son and daughter, dog and a family friend that all came with. I moved out mother and family friend together. The brother moved out solo in this case, and my heiress stayed in with their dog. She only knows the family and family friends she once lived with plus one guy (spouse) she moved in on day one because I had issues with him the first go around and didn't want that to happen again. Edward (the brother) is best friends with everyone in the current household, or was - before he disappeared. In fact, my heiress had just gotten done visiting her brother and chatting with him the day he disappeared.
I can tell this isn't about moving out though, as it's only day 3 of week 1. I have a Story Progression Mod as well, as well as errortrap and overwatch. I've NEVER had this issue before attempting to play Barnacle Bay. This is completely foreign to me. I've never really sat down and played BB prior to this either so I have nothing to go off of.

Let me know if there's any more information I should give to help someone understand/find a solution!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 05:40:36 PM »
It looks like it's been suggested that it maybe a corrupted game?

My sim disappeared Sims 3
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/My-sim-disappeared-Sims-3/td-p/1158350

I'm just going by what popped up when I searched on the topic. If you're trying to play a challenge game like a Dynasty, Legacy or something of that sort. I'd take a copy of the game and do some testing with the copy of the game. Maybe test it without mods to see if that helps.  If it doesn't maybe a factory reset might help?

MrsFlynn

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 06:20:38 PM »
I had a sim dissappear right before my eyes.  But I doubt it is for the same reason as you.  I will share in the rare instance that it might be.  I was playing a city that had the criminal building but no police station.  One of my sims was a criminal and was at work.  The next thing I know, she is being arrested.  I thought, this might be interesting.  So I watched.  She ran out of the criminal building to where a police car was waiting.  Then, an action queued to "wait".  Wait for what I thought.  Then, I saw the police officer running up to the police car.  I was wondering what would happen next because normally the car would head to the police station but there wasn't one in my game.  The police car started to pull away and then poof.  It was gone and my sim was gone.  Removed from the household.  My family of three was now a family of two.  Needless to say, I didn't save the game and I added the police station in edit town the next time I loaded the game.  I didn't want anymore criminals disappearing.   :o

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 06:27:43 PM »
It looks like it's been suggested that it maybe a corrupted game?

My sim disappeared Sims 3
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/My-sim-disappeared-Sims-3/td-p/1158350

I'm just going by what popped up when I searched on the topic. If you're trying to play a challenge game like a Dynasty, Legacy or something of that sort. I'd take a copy of the game and do some testing with the copy of the game. Maybe test it without mods to see if that helps.  If it doesn't maybe a factory reset might help?

MrsFlynn

This is very possible but I have a few questions and maybe some clarifications.
Edward (the missing Sim) and Thomas (the first missing Sim that made me start over) were not a part of the active house at the time of their disappearance. I'm still going to mess around with the file and remove my mods and see what I can do. I appreciate your help in searching for an answer! My Sim very well could've been corrupted though, which leads to me thinking there might not be a solution for this very gamefile. I'll mess around with it and let you know though.

I had a sim dissappear right before my eyes.  But I doubt it is for the same reason as you.  I will share in the rare instance that it might be.  I was playing a city that had the criminal building but no police station.  One of my sims was a criminal and was at work.  The next thing I know, she is being arrested.  I thought, this might be interesting.  So I watched.  She ran out of the criminal building to where a police car was waiting.  Then, an action queued to "wait".  Wait for what I thought.  Then, I saw the police officer running up to the police car.  I was wondering what would happen next because normally the car would head to the police station but there wasn't one in my game.  The police car started to pull away and then poof.  It was gone and my sim was gone.  Removed from the household.  My family of three was now a family of two.  Needless to say, I didn't save the game and I added the police station in edit town the next time I loaded the game.  I didn't want anymore criminals disappearing.   :o
That's interesting how that happened. The Sim in question was a firefighter but not part of the active household. He lived right next to the firestation in Barnacle Bay (were it was placed automatically at the start of the game). He was kicked out of the active household on day one. Story Progression alerted me that he got a job at the Fire Department and when I had my Sim visit him at his house he was there and everything was fine. Two days later he's no where to be found. His house is owned by someone else, he's no longer in the relationship panels of my Sims and there's not a sign of him in Edit Town.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 06:35:31 PM »
Maybe he died in a fire.   :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything