Author Topic: My sims seem to keep popping up from their seat  (Read 7095 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
My sims seem to keep popping up from their seat
« on: October 22, 2014, 06:47:56 AM »
I know that sounds kind of weird, but it is the only way to describe this bug now.  I wonder how many more bugs there are going to be.  My sims will be sitting eating and all of a sudden, they will all just pop up to standing.  This also doesn't just happen at the table.  I told my sim to play the piano, she will play for a minute and then pop up to standing.  It just started happening and it is driving me bonkers.  The list just keeps getting longer and longer.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Dellena

Re: My sims seem to keep popping up from their seat
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 07:29:26 AM »
If when they pop up their action is cancelled, then something in your game is resetting your sims.  Do you use any mods or CC?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 07:40:37 AM »
The same thing has happened in my game for a while but it mostly happens when my Sim has a guest over and the guest tries to eat, but it has also happened when my Sim and this same guest have woohooed, and I've had something queued up afterwards for my Sim to do. It hasn't caused any major problems in my game, but is annoying.  I don't use any mods or CC.  How often does it happen in your game?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 02:26:09 PM »
I know everyone keeps posting this, but I've found that it really helps with all these kind of resetting/ popping up bugs... and that's to empty the cache files. For a while every time I used the bin that gives you money back (can't remember the name) every sim on the lot would reset and everything they were doing or had queued up to do would be cancelled. Once I deleted the cache file, it all stopped.

I don't use any mods or cc at all in my game so I know it wasn't that!
(locathumbcache.package) is the name of the file.

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 04:22:07 PM »
I don't use any mods or cc at all in my game so I know it wasn't that!
(locathumbcache.package) is the name of the file.

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

This is helpful.

I've been having the same problem with sims popping up from their seated positions, so we'll have to see if this doesn't wind up helping me out (clearing the cache). I'm only using two mods and they've been installed from the very beginning without problems.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 07:38:12 PM »
I have been emptying that file.  Only have two mods and again, have been using them for a while now and a couple pieces of CC and have that awhile too.  Will have to wait and see and just keep emptying that file.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Dellena

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 08:05:21 PM »
CC and mods might need updating after any patch.  Always check with the author for updates after a patch.  A reputable author will check after each patch to ensure there is no conflict and will either post that it's ok or will offer an update.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 07:02:39 PM »
My child Sim just started doing this "popping up" thing---I asked her to draw at the activity table about a dozen times---she sits and pops right back up and goes off to do whatever! Then I had her practice the violin----she stopped doing that as well----but then when she went off to do something else----the violin was attached to her hand! I took her in to CAS to see if that would help---it has sort of----couldn't get her to draw but she did have the violin in her inventory and this time she played it until I had her stop. She still won't draw at the activity table, so I thought maybe it was the table that was glitched. But her twin sister uses it just fine. Go figure. And I don't have any mods or cc. I will check out cache files though.